Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Congratz @KojiK @ARADEMIS212 B)

@rosemow before I forget to post my room, here is my entry:

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A 21st Birthday Party Dining Room.
    Gallery name of room: Teddy Bear B-Day Party
    Origin id: osiazul

6pUU8Ce.png
    gZiobVl.png
    OqR9XDn.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Teddy Bear B-Day Party room is such a very colourfully nice room to celebrate birthdays in! @emere :) Very nice yellow and blue colour scheme of the room! The yellow and polka dot patterned floor rug under the dining table looks sunny in the room! Having both red and blue coloured dining chairs is a nice touch. The big teddy and little teddies either sides of him look so very cute! It looks pretty that big teddy is sitting under the floral arch. The patterned wall divider looks nice behind him. The balloons look very celebratory on the wall! They look great placed in the trees! The colourful string lights and strings of flowers look very pretty! Jessica will enjoy opening her birthday presents that are near the birthday cake table! The colourful circles floor rugs look very nice in the room! The hearts wall decor is a pretty touch. Sims will enjoy having an ice cream and popcorn at the party! They will enjoy having a drink from the drinks tray. The colourful,curtains look so nice in the room! The colourful bear sims in the pictures look so very great! They look like they are enjoying the birthday party!
    It looks such a very happy birthday party room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @emere what a fun room! They are all dressed up as bears, that is too much fun! I love the rainbow curtains and bright yellow rug. I also like the colorful chairs and wall decor. It is a very nice room.

@WrathofCath Thank you for the nice comment on my room and the congrats!!
    I like that orange, teal, and purple that you used in your room. The 21 made of lights is nice! The buffet table and gifts are nicely displayed. I like how some gifts are unwrapped. The flower rug is pretty.
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Congrats @KojiK and @ARADEMIS212 on the maxis favs!!!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    ChubbychuckChubbychuck Posts: 214 Member
    Congrats to all the maxis favs over the weekend, well deserved!

Thanks for the congrats @carolynrosser @emere @WrathofCath while i was away!
    My Gallery

Origin: ChubbyChuckTS
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh my, going to try and get caught up properly before the new theme. Eek!

@coolsim9999999 I love the strong vibrant colors in your room. The flowers on the wall, banners, balloons and other decorative elements really makes this room look great. I'm a big fan of those pink/turquoise dining chairs, so glad you chose them! It's a fun and colorful room! :smiley:

@Agrippine_23 I am so glad you chose James and a guy room! Love the tile/wood flooring, and how you have used it to define specific areas. The dark blue walls look great with the wood elements. It really looks and feels as if the boys rented a cabin for the weekend! Love it! :blush:

@lsnishi Certainly original to go with a quinceanera! Love the orange color scheme, it looks amazing. Those dining chairs again, love them, and with that colorful carpet too.. I'd say you nailed it! The multicolored lights, balloons, pictures and garlands really add that party look and feel. It looks gorgeous!

@wendelyne Another guy room, yay! That car, could that perhaps be a birthday surprise for a certain someone? :wink: I love the checkered floor and the multicolored striped walls. This coupled with some of the other great decor it's truly a room that caters to men :smiley:

@woahwait Love the gift table with the huge teddy bear! That sequin table and the chairs look wonderful, and I love the teddy randomly sitting at one of the tables! The mint wallpaper is gorgeous and works well with the decor. Lovely room :blush:

@carolynrosser I'm a big fan of your multicolored tables and chairs! The line of chairs with teddy bears looks awesome. It's a spacious room with plenty of dancing space. That patterned wallpaper in particular is a personal favorite of mine, I end up using that quite a bit :blush: I always get enjoyment out of reading your comments, and this was no different. I love the poor Sim outside cooking on that little stove! haha. I found it hilarious as I do that kind a thing when making rooms all the time! :D

@jazzunicorns What a wonderful soft pink color scheme! Those ceiling lights are gorgeous, and the rose petals on the floor is just the right touch! The dining table looks delicate and fits in well. I had quite the giggle from your comments too, how fun! :smiley:

@SerraNolwen It's great you approached this as a realistic room! That spare table at the end of the dining table really nails that realistic look, and so does the gift table which looks like the outdoor table has been taken inside for the occasion.The garland over the paintings and the extra plates and chairs that has been added also fits perfectly. Love this room! :smile:

@Sjemmie03 You cannot go wrong with black and neon colors! Love the different colored bars which correlate with the opposing couches! The 21 on the wall with the butterflies and banner looks amazing! A really wonderful and colorful room, awesome work :blush:

@shakerella What a great idea to do an outdoor area! The chairs and dining table - perfect for an outdoor setting! Love those toilets, just like you find in any park! The lanterns look amazing at night, and they make sure the party can go on long into the early hours!

@mannanna Welcome back, great to see you be able to post for the challenge again! So horrible you've been having PC issues though, that's no fun :/ Another realistic version of a dining room, love that! The different chairs, and the extra tables in multiple colors for the gifts, looks perfect! Oh, and I love that carpet by the way :blush: It sure does look and feel like an apartment room, probably the high walls :wink: And that little pink trolley table with the bottles, that is just perfect! Lovely room :smiley:

@WrathofCath Friday Faves indeed! haha. I will be shocked if I get faved on a different day now :p I have said it before and I say it again, I am terrible at colors! So I look at your room in orange and teal with a purple floor... and somehow it just works! I consider this a super power. One I do not have. The details like the 21 on the wall, the banner, the cake stand with the candles and the gift corner just makes this room one notch more awesome. The sequin table and those cloth chairs look great! Lovely room Cath :blush:

@emere Happy early birthday! Hope you have a super celebration! You know I have given up trying to have parties, people just never show ( I think I have a birthday curse). So when I hit the big 3-0 a few years back I decided to skip the party and travel! I took my boyfriend, my best friend and her husband, left our oldest baby at home (I only had one back then, and he was 8 months old) and left for the one place I have wanted to see for years but never have.. Rome! I'd say everyone should consider a destination birthday! haha. On my birthday I was having dinner overlooking the Colosseum :blush:

Teddy Bear birthday! How original! But from you I somehow expect that though :wink: Love the tree decals with balloons hanging off of them. The teddy bear under the flower archway looks great! Oh and that yellow carpet is perfect, as are those multicolored lights on the walls! :blush: A gorgeous room as always!

@rosemow Just wanted to mention Rose that you do not have to worry about me taking on too much. I know my limits well, and I make sure I only do what I want, when I want :heart: I have always made a point to join in on the challenges because they are perfect for me and my busy life, one room does not require as much time! :blush: So no need to worry about me!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi @Laebeth ! Thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy you liked it :D It was fun to imagine a little back up story to give more life to the room :)
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Thank you @Laebeth! I'm glad I succeeded in creating the intended effect.
  • Options
    Sjemmie03Sjemmie03 Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks @Laebeth & @WrathofCath for the lovely comments!
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Yikes! I realized after I posted the pictures of my room, that the star night lights under the banners weren't on. :# I had to EDIT my pictures to show them lit, as they looked pretty silly not on. What happened was, my tester sim forgot to pay her bills (this is the 1st time it's happened in S4) and my power got shut off! :worried: I quickly paid them and then took my pictures, without making sure that all the lights were on, in the room. Anyway, it's all set now. :p

Thank you for the sweet comment @coolsim9999999! :blush:

Thank you so much for your always lovely review @rosemow! You are truly a gem! :)<3

Such a cute room @emere! Love all those teddy bears enjoying their ice cream cones! The giant teddy bear under the flowered arch, looks adorable! :)

Thank you for the awesome comments @shakerella! :smile:

Thank you so much for your lovely comments @Laebeth! So very sweet! Ahem... there is NO way, you are "terrible at colors", as you said! Your rooms are always impeccably done! They look straight out of a magazine. And as for a super power... does that mean I get a cape? :p Thank you again for the more than kind, comments. At least it looks better with the little star night lights on now, haha! :p
  • Options
    Sjemmie03Sjemmie03 Posts: 55 Member
    Almost forgot...Also a thanks to @rosemow & @jazzunicorns.
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh, I'm afraid you have stumbled upon my secret @WrathofCath ! :open_mouth:

You see, over the years I have taught myself color combinations that I know works. I pretty much keep to these "safe" options. This way no one will know! I normally go with a base color like white or black, or dark or light wood even, and then add one color to that. I rarely combine different colors unless they are ones I know work.. like pink and brown for example.

I would never have thought of putting the colors you used together! My brain can't see such subtle nuances and see that it works. It's weird. According to my mum it's something I got from my dad. Her and my brother sees color easily. She will teach me things like the fact I can't wear standard blue, as it makes my skin look yellow.. :/ But light or dark blue is fine. lolol.

I had some awkward times in my teens trying to work out colors! rofl. My oh my :expressionless:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    @WrathofCath ! I'm sorry I didn't thank you for your nice feedback on my room, I just saw it! Thank you, it's much appreciated :) You did such a good job with the colors in your room for Jessica, I agree with @Laebeth I would have never thought they would work together, but they do!

Hello @emere ! I love that they are dressed up as bears in your room! That's so cool :D
  • Options
    Hello @WrathofCath :) It is not good that your sim forgot to pay the bills and the power got cut off! It is good that the power was restored after she paid the bill :)
    The night lights look very pretty!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    You're welcome @WrathofCath B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comment about my 21st birthday room @Laebeth B)!!! I’m so happy that you like all the decorations that I used in my room, as well as the bright colors :D! I like those dining chairs, as well. They’re fun :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    Thank you @emere @shakerella and @WrathofCath and also, don't know how you did the 21, I tried :D

Gallery name of room: His 21th Birthday!
    Origin id: Dangerous12Angel

36126118716_9c7fd8376d_b.jpg
    35998410692_45dbca58df_b.jpg
    36126117856_1134844018_b.jpg
    36034014141_b8e9591ed9_b.jpg
    36034012611_66f9fcfd0c_b.jpg
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Hey everyone! I am LOVING all these beautiful rooms! I'm finally settled in to my new apartment and can once again start building again! I'll join in on the next challenge :)
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2017
    And a bonus...
    Gallery name of room: Her 21th Birthday!
    Origin id: Dangerous12Angel

36002249872_7d12fccac0_b.jpg
    35331418884_7ebd8e219d_b.jpg
    35331419614_3ff3927971_b.jpg
    36002253482_b97f04edfc_b.jpg
    35777234270_b0321fd244_b.jpg
  • Options
    His 21h Birthday is a very nice birthday party room! @ARADEMIS212 :) The blue colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The white confetti print on the blue walls looks very effective! Each nook area of the room looks very nice! Very nice corner sofa seats sitting and dining nook! Sims will enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from the buffet table and fountain. The blue balloons either sides of the sittimg nook and on the walls look very celebratory! The basketball pictures and signed jumpers look great on the walls to suit his interest in sports! Very nice dance floor area! Sims will have lots of fun dancing to the dj booth music! The lights effects look great! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar. The blue coloured pictures on the walls add a great look to the room! Very nice birthday gifts corner nook! James will enjoy opening up all his specially wrapped presents! The balloons, banners and 21 on the wall there look great!
    It is a very party room for celebrating James 21st bithday! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I am LOVING all these beautiful rooms! I'm finally settled in to my new apartment and can once again start building again! I'll join in on the next challenge :)

It is great that you have now settled into your new apartment ! @amyybugg92 :) I hope that you will enjoy living there.
    I will look forward to seeing your room in the next challenge! :)
  • Options
    Her 21th bithday looks so colourfully nice ! @ARADEMIS212 :) The different coloured dining chairs and tables look so very great! The patterned mosaic tiled flooring looks so very nice! The big colourful teddies look cute! Very nice presents area! Jessica will enjoy opening the presents that her friends have kindly given to her. The flower string wall lights look pretty! The pink and black balloons are celebratory! Sims will have lots of fun dancing to the dj booth music! The party guests will enjoy sitting at the colourful tables eating and drinking food from the buffet table, fountain and bar.
    Jessica will enjoy celebrating her 21st there! :)
  • Options
    Hello everyone :) The “.21st birthday party dining room” challenge is now finished! Jessica and James are very much enjoying celebrating their 21st birthday in the rooms ! The colourful birthday rooms for Jessica has made her very delighted!
    Thankyou all so very much for designing the party rooms!
    I will post the new challenge in the next post and on the first page of this thread. :)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    :) ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SECOND CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week : an outdoors drive in movies theatre room .

A new outdoors Drive - in Movie theatre is soon to be opened in Simsville! Peter has been employed to design and build the venue. He will need to make sure that there is a large screen to watch the movies on , and places to park the vehicles and watch the movies! He also wants there to be snacks that sims can eat whilst watching the movies. Could you please help him to design the new Outdoors Drive -In Movie Theatre room ? He would be very appreciative if you would so that !
    Just a little reminder, it needs to be uploaded as a room not a lot.

Please use the hashtag
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme with your entry

The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 1st August 9pm PT

ENTRIES :
    The Sting Drive -in Movies ( @coolsim9999999 )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15919679/#Comment_15919679
    The Drive-in ( @jazzunicorns )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15919893/#Comment_15919893
    Open All Night Drive-In ( @carolynrosser )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15921033/#Comment_15921033
    Moonlight Drive-In ( @Laebeth )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15923756/#Comment_15923756
    Drive-In Cinema ( @ARADEMIS212 )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15924323/#Comment_15924323
    At the Drive-In ( @amyybugg92 )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15926446/#Comment_15926446
    Retro Drive -In ( @WrathofCath )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15929202/#Comment_15929202
    Campy Drive-In ( @WrathofCath )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15929202/#Comment_15929202
    Movie Drive In ( @Shellbell )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15929537/#Comment_15929537
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    Cool theme, @rosemow, as always B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top