Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Sims & Modeling Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Movotti I peruse some of the google photography styles that I'm interested in and that always inspires me to go on. Look at magazines, music videos.

• Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I feel like I've lost my mojo for creating fancy pics :/

What does everyone else do, when feeling uninspired? What gets you back to creating pretty pictures?

I had to recently spend time off my computer and kept myself occupied by playing other video games, drawing, and reading. Since I like Fantasy & Sci-Fi I have many PS4 games in that genre. Nier: Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Final Fantasy were my regular companions and I absolutely loved the awesome screenshots from the game. I kept wanting to recreate scenes and/or characters, but of course those versions are more limited for doing this, (unlike The Sims on pc). But seeing all the amazing fantasy all the time really inspired me to want to be creative in Sims again. So much so that as soon as I was cleared to return to my pc, I jumped into a couple of comps using S4 (which I have absolutely no experience with & learning as I go)! LOL :D

You'll find your muse again; just surround yourself with the things you love. :)<3
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    sdtfmsdtfm Posts: 333 Member
    > @Movotti said:
    > I feel like I've lost my mojo for creating fancy pics :/
    >
    > What does everyone else do, when feeling uninspired? What gets you back to creating pretty pictures?

Recently I'm feeling the same. Right now I'm waiting 'til the inspiration comes by itself , but I recommend looking at tumblr. It always inspires me to create!
  • Options
    @sdtfm I am absolutely in love with your Avi! B) Wow! Please get your muse on cos I sure wanna see more of your pics! <3
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Love to see you, @sdtfm in our comp, "Fashion Time Warp".

@ArtsyAmy as it would be good to have some male models also in our comp.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    @ArtsyAmy I posted some pictures of my sims in the "Everyone is welcome to post your sims here!" topic. You can check it if you want to ^^
    and @Jendowoz0612 thanks for the invitation! I'll try to join!
  • Options
    Love to see you, @sdtfm in our comp, "Fashion Time Warp".

@ArtsyAmy as it would be good to have some male models also in our comp.

So right Jen! Sure hope you join us @sdtfm ...now I'm running to get check your piccies out! :)
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    edited July 2017
    You can check it out here, @sdtfm This should get you there.
    "Fashion Time Warp" and then decide if you'd like to join. Applications don't need to be in until the 19th July, so you have a few days to read up about it.

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Thanks for the creative ways to get the mojo back thoughts. @Jendowoz0612 @ArtsyAmy @sdtfm

I've now run into another bigger problem. I no longer have use of photoshop.
    I think I'll download paint.net, cos I've used it before.
    But I'm also being tempted to try gimp. I dunno.

Ugh, all these money things. I would just bite the bullet, and pay for photoshop, but the new season of GoT is about to start, so my spare money is going to be eaten by foxtel. :(

Anyone got advice on this new problem?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    @Movotti I'd recommend gimp. It is very similar to photoshop ^^
  • Options
    Yes that's what I have heard too, @Movotti

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Movotti It's similar but missing a few features, so you'd most likely need to install plugins and add-ons to get them back (if you used them in PS of course, like the Content Aware fix). And the controls are different, so if you know any shortcuts from PS you might want to go into your Preferences and change them. And most tools function differently, but are the same otherwise.
    Eh....when I put it that way it doesn't sound similar, but it is, just takes time to get used to the differences and some missing features.

I have a PS CS6 if you want to download that instead. It doesn't have the new toys that CC has now, but the overall features are the same.
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    @Movotti Personally, I'd say GIMP. I went from using Photoshop 7 back in the day (I know, I'm old,) losing it, going to GIMP seamlessly, and then going to Photoshop CS6 fairly seamlessly, and now I'm using Photoshop Creative Cloud. The thing about GIMP is that some of the things Photoshop can do, it can also do, but they're called different things. Like the "pen tool" in PS is called the "path tool" in GIMP. Obviously you can't use Photoshop actions in GIMP very well if at all, but it can read Photoshop brushes so you can have all of those that you'd ever had, if you had any. If you mostly did cutting out and effects, GIMP is quite easy to do those in and all you have to do is look up a tutorial and go "Ohhh!" Mizzie has some good GIMP tutorials too, I believe.

Also just so you all know, I hate the font these forums use. Ack! *graphic designer problems*
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Movotti I advocate and use GIMP. As a college student Im frugal financially, its free and can do all the things PS can do (with plug-ins) if you want help learning it don't be afraid to ask and youtube is your best friend for learning new things. And there are GIMP tutorials here on the forums withing our community :)
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone.

I've downloaded Gimp, I'll see how I go with it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Movotti

Adobe Creative Cloud is very helpful for most folks, especially students. I use it like @Vanadis. You can get as many or few of Adobe's latest programs and always have the current versions. (Or you can keep older ones you've downloaded and prefer.) They bill you monthly as opposed to having to cough up hundreds of dollars for just one program. They have plans from $9.99/mo for just Photography based programs= Lightroom + Photoshop combo, up to the $49.99/mo for ALL programs including Illustrator, InDesign, and more. I use Creative Cloud and LOVE it. I have Gimp too & love it's free; with Adobe I like that you get discounts for students & teachers. <--which actually gives you the entire package for $19.99/month instead of $49.99/mo.

I do mostly use Illustrator and InDesign, but you're able to download any you choose at anytime. :)
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    @ArtsyAmy
    I live in Australia.
    To get just photoshop, the site is telling me that I'd be paying $43.99 pr month... but then in another part of the site, it says $12.99 per month. And the whole lot is more like $65 per month. No way I can afford that. :(

Ugh, and they're not including the GST in the prices. Rude! I hate it when sites do that.

• Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    @Movotti and @ArtsyAmy My school pays for my Adobe CC subscription so I'm not sure about all the pricing. :/ I just know when I enrolled they paid for it. I'm not sure about what the AUS$ would be versus the US$. heck, I'm not even sure what it costs US$ cause I don't pay for it. But GIMP is a really good program when you learn it and I'm sure you'll be awesome at it!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    @ArtsyAmy
    I live in Australia.
    To get just photoshop, the site is telling me that I'd be paying $43.99 pr month... but then in another part of the site, it says $12.99 per month. And the whole lot is more like $65 per month. No way I can afford that. :(

Ugh, and they're not including the GST in the prices. Rude! I hate it when sites do that.

:( Oh, I'm sorry. I hate it when things are not the same & total cost isn't included. You will really enjoy Gimp then. I hope it all works out well for you and you learn it easily.
    Vanadis wrote: »
    @Movotti and @ArtsyAmy My school pays for my Adobe CC subscription so I'm not sure about all the pricing. :/ I just know when I enrolled they paid for it. I'm not sure about what the AUS$ would be versus the US$. heck, I'm not even sure what it costs US$ cause I don't pay for it. But GIMP is a really good program when you learn it and I'm sure you'll be awesome at it!

That's great your school pays for yours! B) Awesome! My oldest daughter is wanting to get it again because she was always on my plan when she schooled with me. But, now she's doing graphics art & programming on her own and misses the additional programs to go with Photoshop. She also uses Gimp, but she's told a lot of people about Creative Cloud that didn't know you could purchase Photoshop/Premier cheaper. (The ones she was going to purchase totaled over $1,000.) -I wish hers/mine were free. lol :)

LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    edited July 2017
    I know that this doesn't have anything to do with the Sims, but my dog is not doing well. She lost a lot of weight and stopped eating so we took her to the vet, and she has kidney function failure. They gave her medicine to hopefully stop the progression of it, but they can't tell us much until they open, which is a few hours from now.

I can't sleep and I'm so worried about her. Dusty, the cat has been comforting me.

We got her from someone as a street dog who had multiple litters of puppies. She was in such bad shape when we got her that the vet said that he would be surprised if she lived 3 months, even though she was 4-6 years old at the time. This was 3 years ago. She was heart worm positive, but the vet thought she was not healthy enough to survive the treatment.

First we had to treat her UTI, then her anemia to get her healthy enough to receive heartworm treatment. Then she got the treatment, which the vet warned me that there was a good chance that she wouldn't survive. Next was a much needed dental surgery and teeth cleaning. After her recovery, we spayed her. She also has a flea allergy, which left a pretty nasty rash on her neck that took 2 years to completely clear up.

I know that some people may remember that she ran away from a storm last year and disappeared for 4 days before we found her. I never gave up the search for her, even after neighbors were like, "She's gone, get a new dog."

This poor girl has been to the vet so many times that when she was finally healthy, after a year of treatments, the vet staff all hugged her goodbye. I said "I'm going to bring her back for regular check ups," and they said they knew, but they wouldn't see her as often.

We live in a different town now and the vet here has been really nice. We did have to take her in earlier for an emergency appointment because I guess she tried to eat a stick and it got caught in her throat. They all love her at the new vet and I know they will treat her right. I am just waiting for when they open and can hopefully tell me more, like if her situation is treatable :(.

I love this dog and she has overcome so much. I want her home again and happy and healthy!

Here's my baby. She's a greyhound/beagle mix:

33248518900_92ffd68e7d_z.jpg

30131482941_14da0cf00a_z.jpg

28161070574_9654e1f2e1_z.jpg

Edited to add a couple of sim pics of me and Penny to keep it Sims related:

28507205250_911f6d5f5a_z.jpg

28759904436_be9752bf79_z.jpg
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Awwww @wbombje she's so precious/beautiful!!! Wishing you all the best, and that she'll be feeling better/well!!
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    Hello.
    Can't stop, won't stop.
  • Options
    NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    I want to apologise to everybody for randomly disappearing a few months ago. It wasn't right for me to do that without telling you guys. I left my competition and this thread and I feel terrible about it. Some things happened that I'd rather not talk about and I spent some time away from the internet and, as a result, these forums. To begin with, I simply put off coming back to the forums because I knew that I'd get sucked in to all the amazing competitions again and I couldn't handle the stress at that point. I also didn't know what to say to you all. After that, I just got caught up in real life and coming back wasn't even a thought in my mind.

But, I've finally decided to return and lurk for the time being. It's nice to see that people are using this thread - I honestly thought it would crash and burn. I've also noticed how great all the comps are and you are all submitting beautiful entries and I feel so proud and happy that I was once a part of this community. I would love it if you guys would forgive me and let me contribute again :3

I'm sorry.
    Can't stop, won't stop.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @wbombje Awwww, I'm sorry to hear that! Sending you and your pup lots of love and hoping for the best! *Hugs* She's such an interesting mix, and very cute!

@Neverfalle You're aliiiive! *Tackles* I was worried when you went poof! I'm glad you're back, and you're of course forgiven in my book (not sure why we wouldn't, it's just a comp/hobby after all, and life comes first xD). Hope to see you back in some comps again soon!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Neverfalle Hello :)

@wbombje Oh no! So sorry to hear about your baby! I hope & pray she gets better and you will be okay too. *I just want to also say that is a wonderful Sims pic of the two of you! <3
    LCTYbER.gif