Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a glitch, something others have happen or natural?

When my Sim goes on a date. The Date gets up from a conversation and leaves the venue and goes jogging which uses up time to finishes the things which needs to be done. In a way it is annoying. Finding more and more annoying things happening all the time!

Comments

• Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yes, this happened in my game even when I just invited some people over.

The game has some weird priorities when it comes to what actions Sims will do.
    More awkward stuff is suddenly going to read a book, or using a computer.

They don't seem to care about conversations for too long.
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    It's a bug. A sim did this yesterday, seated himself, on the second floor and immediately got up and walked to the first floor. I thought he was going to the bathroom and he just switched to athletic and jogged away. Completely ruining my family dinner photos! lol.

A waiteress at the restaurant also did this. They both didn't change back into their appropriate venue outfits either (Formal for him, and server for her) but instead changed to their everyday outfits. I
    I haven't seen anyone acknowledge this issue, hopefully it's fixed sometime soon.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Probably a bug to help sell the new Fitness SP - just to remind us that Sims like to keep fit.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yes, a glitch/bug it came in the early June patch after Parenthood. It isn't only for dates. I asked a Sim to go eat and they did this before the food arrived. He finally came back after my Sim was through eating @SimGuruNick.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have noticed it more in large groups dining out in my game. If I send 4 sims out including some that I don't control, one of them will wander off. They usually come back when I order food or they leave the group which can be slightly annoying. If my sims don't initially sit at the table properly, I can generally correct that by clicking "sit together" and then ordering food and queuing up some chat. They generally stay put then.

There's also a washing dishes bug where they get icons to go autonomously wash dishes, including at a DO restaurant where they are a customer. I just cancel any of those interactions and carry on with the dining.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Well I can tell them to sit and chat and the go play a game if one is there. I have a game area in my theater and I had to lock the door to keep the Sim a the date with mine out of there. He would say two things to her and then he was up leaving, I looked around and he would be in the game room I ended up getting a bronze for the date because of not being able to finish the things that were suppose to be done! Very annoying! :#
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yes, a glitch/bug it came in the early June patch after Parenthood. It isn't only for dates. I asked a Sim to go eat and they did this before the food arrived. He finally came back after my Sim was through eating @SimGuruNick.

No. It's been around waaaaay before the parenthood patch.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Anduar wrote: »
    It's a bug. A sim did this yesterday, seated himself, on the second floor and immediately got up and walked to the first floor. I thought he was going to the bathroom and he just switched to athletic and jogged away. Completely ruining my family dinner photos! lol.

A waiteress at the restaurant also did this. They both didn't change back into their appropriate venue outfits either (Formal for him, and server for her) but instead changed to their everyday outfits. I
    I haven't seen anyone acknowledge this issue, hopefully it's fixed sometime soon.

When I want to do something like this, I put them together so I can control both of them. When I'm done I put them back where they belong. I don't know how you can have a date if you can't control both characters.
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Have y'all only been seeing this issue on restaurant lots? We've reproduced this on restaurant lots specifically, with any NPC who has the Active trait.
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    Have y'all only been seeing this issue on restaurant lots? We've reproduced this on restaurant lots specifically, with any NPC who has the Active trait.
    I've only had it on Restaurant Lots, My Waiters and Host will stop working to go jogging.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I've experienced it mainly on my home lot. Sims I invite (and who don't have the active-trait) will leave to go Jogging (randomly, without a reason).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    @SimGuruNick No has happened at their home, at the cafes, restaurant, He even did it where they were at a theater watching a movie.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2017

@SimGuruNick I've had it happen on home lot, too, when not on a date. My sim was in the middle of talking her her adoptive mom (different household, played family, not active family, not active trait) and adoptive mom went for a jog in the middle of my sim talking to her. I have several things queued up, adoptive mom went for jog, come back and they finished the convo.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited June 2017
    Just another report that it happens to me on home lots for me as well
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Have any of you noticed if this happens only while the Sim is already wearing athletic wear? They don't have to necessarily be jogging before hand.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Have any of you noticed if this happens only while the Sim is already wearing athletic wear? They don't have to necessarily be jogging before hand.

In my case they didn't. When they are about to go for a run they make the spin Animation and Change into their atheltic Outfit.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    No, Hallomolli is right they aren't in jogging or athlete gear when the do it, they can be in every day, party or formal even swim wear, my one the other day was at a wedding in formal(his own wedding!) they never got a chance to get married because the party thing was up by the time he got back and everyone left the wedding.
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I've had this , in restaurant , or on a home lots , also the bug where the repairman won't leave is back . I've tried repairing the game doesn't help
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Thanks much for the clarification everyone, super appreciated :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    My Sim was proposing to a Sim the other day and she up , changed in to jogging clothes and left him on his knees holding the ring. They never did make it to the wedding arch!
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I had this happen in my game. I just thought my date was blowing me off so I continues to eat and ignored him when he came back
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    They probably feel bad about ordering that big meal in the restaurant and are like "OKAY TIME TO JOG" so they don't feel so fat. Sims can have insecurities too, ya know! Next time order the salad, lard-o!

But really. This happens ALL THE TIME. And it doesn't even need to be in a restaurant. It can be anywhere. They just want to jog all the freaking time and it upsets me.

And for not changing into their athletic clothing, that's just another glitch on top of a glitch.

Well, hopefully they will burn enough calories to eat that steak and Van Haunt Reserve wine.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Thanks much for the clarification everyone, super appreciated :)

I don't think its tied to the active trait except for they do it a lot more, I think it may be a emotional control conflict from the Parenthood Game pack. Restursants are tough places to work and some times normal humans walk out of restaurants to cool down.

Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    @Sid1701D9 No started before Parenthood.
  • Options
    This only happened when the other Sim had been wearing athletic wear in my game. There are quite a few who are always jogging, so it seems in my game it's tied to their outfit (Or what they were doing before they showed up somewhere, then asked to go out with my Sims).