Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @princess2109

I am quite sure the child could get passed off but somehow I doubt that is the end of this family drama and look forward to more updates :)

The setting up business bug has bit me so I am not going to create several businesses but decided to upgrade the first little supermarket I gave my sim. I made the lot bigger and added tobacco kiosks, a mod so I can sell custom and EA cakes from the chiller, there was quite a bit of room left so I added i added a functional ice cream cart, clothes a few toys and household objects. As the beer. wine and bottles of spirits are not functional I placed a Budweiser beer vending machine outside-) apologies in advance I tried to get the ceiling on the lot when taking the pic but it did not work not sure why. I also added the postcard mod so sims can buy postcards and give them to other sims.

@Scribal_Goddess

I finally managed to get rid of the plates with the cheat on and then using the delete hammer so thanks for that :)

Exterior

dxehb5.jpg

interior

wupkec.jpg

Other side of shop

2qipjer.jpg

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @princess2109 Can't wait for another update. You got like that cheesy talk show drama going on. :D

@SPARKY1922 Nice update on the shop. It looks great. I think you will have a bunch of drunk sims wondering around. :D
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited July 2017
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    What a shame one sim cannot go to the business alone while the other stays home but I will work towards the hiring a manager scenario. I thought I tried removing the plates with move objects cheat but I will try again. I am so liking the store I have downloaded loads more CC and am going to change it all again-) :)

Okay, no, I should re-explain: the owner of a business will not automatically go every day, but when you make him drive or walk to the business, you don't have to take anyone else in the household. So the wife can stay home while he goes and works, but understand that time will not progress on the home lot, so if you send him out to work at 8am and he closes the shop at 5pm (on the shop lot) when he gets home it will still be 8am: time will not have progressed for his wife, he will not have aged, etc. But to open the shop without a manager, you have to send the business owner and physically load that lot and play it. If he doesn't open the shop he makes no money from it, essentially, which is what I thought you were asking. :)

It's for this reason that a lot of people use energizers (an aspiration reward) to keep their sims needs in the green while on business lots and before coming home from their business.

Post edited by Scribal_Goddess on
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @princess2109 Can't wait for another update. You got like that cheesy talk show drama going on. :D

Welcome back everyone. Let's jump right into tonight's d r a m a
    ROXIE CHEATS ON SWEET ANGEL HUSBAND, FARRIN?
    WREN. WILL FARRIN RAISE HER AS HIS OWN?

forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Welcome back everyone. Let's jump right into tonight's d r a m a
    ROXIE CHEATS ON SWEET ANGEL HUSBAND, FARRIN?
    WREN. WILL FARRIN RAISE HER AS HIS OWN?

:D:D:Deating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon.gifmore-drama-plz-smiley-emoticon.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @JULES1111

adore the icons-) sorry no drama I am on a lot changing give my sims businesses mode and as I am so crap at building I turned red's diner into a ice cream/cupcake parlor..

1zya53c.jpg

inside

2rzro5l.jpg

sims first visit

34t1iwy.jpg

I have also been working on downtown

ka4c5j.jpg
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 Nice pics! I like the ice cream/cupcake shop. It looks good enough to eat! :D Downtown is looking very good too!
  • Options
    Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Omg that building is so cute and sweet looking! :D

Here to update on my legacy family! Last post generation 4 had just gone off to college and I was having trouble deciding who was going to be the heiress. Well, middle daughter Birdie won my heart and she moved back home with Remington the maid in tow as her husband to help bring forth generation 5. So far every generation has been girl-dominated, which is fine, but I've been wanting to add aliens into the family via an heir. So imagine my happiness when Birdie popped out 4!!! boys in a row! SO HAPPY! Generation 6 is going to be filled with aliens FINALLY!

50_zpsxhqhynuq.jpg
    Remington and Birdie excited to be chosen as the generation 4 pairing!

33_zpsujikslym.jpg
    Dove and Craig are old, happy, and still madly in love. Dove is a world class ballet dancer (her LTW complete!), and Craig is a celebrity chef.

38_zpsnzfiwvgr.jpg
    1st born of generation 5 is Bear. He's currently a teen & rolled the popularity LTW of having 20 simultaneous pet best friends.

39_zpslcgeffmc.jpg
    2nd born is Crane. He's really cute and looks a lot like Remington.

35_zpsphc9icyf.jpg
    Grandpa Craig cutely reading to Crane and Beluga in the front yard. :lol:

40_zpsydyaoobo.jpg
    3rd born is Fox. He looks exactly like big brother Bear.

41_zpsehet6pqn.jpg
    4th born is Lynx, who looks exactly like big brother Crane, lol.

36_zpsdg4iztfg.jpg
    Birdie quickly accomplished her LTW of reaching the top of the athletic career.

51_zpsshljycod.jpg
    Dove finished a SECOND (!!!) LTW of maxing all 7 skills. This girl is so darn accomplished. I'm going to be really sad when she passes, she's the most successful sim I've ever had.

Generation 5 isn't finished yet, with Remington having the LTW of marrying off 6 kids. The house is full right now, but when Dove and Craig finally pass ( :disappointed: ) I'll be able to add the last 2 children. I'm excited for the boys to grow up and GET ABDUCTED! :naughty:
  • Options
    @Tw1st Awesome update! I am glad you got some boys in the family. Alien babies are sooo cute! :blush:
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    @SPARKY1922 That is epically pink.
    @Tw1st Looks like a happening legacy!

... I lost all my photo hosting, so no pics right now. (May Photobucket have acid reflux and no pepto bismol...)

But, I did spend a bunch of time yesterday playing Elanor Green's businesses. She got her swimming hole/beach house up to level 4, despite loosing a whole lot of stars when the open grill caught a tree on fire. I also spent some money clearing up the paths so that sims can actually find the little beach in back, and put a dart board up there. In one more rank I'll let her buy a third, and it will probably be a wholesale business.

I got Whitney Du Vall's twin toddlers all trained, and I almost got it so that they each learned a skill from each parent... rather difficult as Jasen Ultra, the baby daddy, lives on a different lot with his wife and the twins' half siblings. (He and Whitney were seeing each other casually when Denise Ultra went on a date with him, got knocked up, and proposed... except Whitney had gotten pregnant off risky woohoo in the meantime.)

Ashleigh Du Vall, Whitney's sister and currently the live-in nanny at the Du Vall household, is still a plantsim, and will be until I bother to get Jasen Oryx into the paranormal career. Which won't be until we have a lull in toddlers and babies on the Mawar/Ultra lot. Ashleigh is still going steady with future teacher Gibson Mawar, but since they're both romance sims who rolled for zero jealousy when I set up their ACR tokens, it's an open relationship when it comes to casual dating. Gibson Mawar is now friends with aspiration benefits with Elanor Green, but I'm currently keeping it so they don't woohoo, just run through good dates to shoot them into the platinum. It helps that they don't have extremely high chemistry and don't tend to roll wants for each other after an hour or two.

Casilda Lane is expecting her firstborn with husband Toby Lane (nee Torrell) and due to an entertaining morph size in her shirt's mesh, is one semester along and approximately the size of the Hindenburg. I may have to change her outfit...

Next playsession I'm going to run the first toddler playdate I've done without any motives maxing cheats in a looong time, so that Phoebe Ultra and her cousin Merideth Mawar can meet Phoebe's half siblings, Taylor and Austin Du Vall. I should also take pictures of the tots...
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    @JULES1111

Thanks I think I am going to take lots already in the game and try redesign them it seems easier than trying to build one :)

@Tw1st

wow all those generations 4 boys in a row and aliens! there is so much going on in that house lol they are all such good looking sims and if I had a sim like Dove I am afraid I would cheat to make her last longer :)

@Scribal_Goddess

yes a lot of pink because it will be my go to eating place for all the kids I intend to have in the neighborhood :)

lol a lot of people are complaining about photo bucket I only ever use imgur and tiny pic these days but windows 10 periodically keep allowing me to upload then another day it's okay.

I like that biz idea for the beach house and understand the Du Vall's but the rest reminds me of a game mathematical equation lol Looking forward to more pics :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Scribal_Goddess Nice update! Glad your game is still going well, you have been very busy! To bad about pictures, I use Tinypic myself. #$^@*!$% Photobucket! :s

Edit: You guys should check this out! OMG cuteness overload!!!!!!! love-heart.gif

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=596907
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It is so Adorable @JULES1111
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    My resort has been finished if anyone would like to take a look and maybe comment as it looks fantastic :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/15876160#Comment_15876160
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    My resort has been finished if anyone would like to take a look and maybe comment as it looks fantastic :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/15876160#Comment_15876160

Lol you just posted a link back to this thread. Woops. :D

Found it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15877474/#Comment_15877474
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's Awesome! Off to Rec it :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @SPARKY1922 cute build I love all the pink ha.
    @Tw1st really cute family.
    @Rflong7 :smiley: if only maybe they'll change it one day.

So didn't do much just got myself started to play in strangetown, got a little story starting in my head for one family starting with the smiths, didn't take any pictures to share really just made sure I wouldn't have issues it's doing that not responding at random thing.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    Haven't been playing too much lately, but did check in on the Havilliard home. I forgot to check Andrew and Vanessa's secondary lifetime wishes and it turns out that Vanessa wants to own a Level-5 business, so I built a small art gallery for her to sell her paintings. Rowan and Reagan just aged into teenagers and their third child, a son named Elijah aged into a child. All three are looking to be just as accomplished as their parents. Reagan is a popularity sim like her mom, Rowan is a knowledge sim, and I think I may make Elijah a family sim when he ages up. We're only two days away from Andrew and Vanessa turning into seniors! I plan to keep them around until the third generation is born. I want to make sure that they meet at least some of their grandchildren :)
  • Options
    classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    Here is a current picture of the Havilliard family

tumblr_osn1nenT0X1vi6mjbo1_540.jpg
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92 Welcome back. :) Hope to hear how your story goes in Strangetown.

@classicXcrime What a wonderful family. Ah yes, Andrew and Vanessa must meat at least one grandchild, would be a shame if they didn't.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @JULES1111 thanks, you know I'm often lurking even when I have nothing to share you will when I have more to share I really didn't do much except a sim up that is set to when you start the house and make a new sim though I'll share that differently.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92

Thanks I love the pink parlor too :)

@classicXcrime

The Havilliard family look like being an interesting family and I would be doing the same regards keeping members alive to see their grandchildren :)
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    I've been playing TS2 a lot lately so today I got to see my main household's son and daughter age up:

okzdsiN.png

8XFeUx7.png

I started off this household by creating the mother in CAS so I guess her and Waylon's kids are the second generation of the Geller family :)

I'm planning to keep this family going for a long time since I've never actually committed to a single lineage because I get bored LOL. I wanna get at least to generation 5 as some of you have.
  • Options
    @Marycool33 Nice pics. Good luck keeping your generations going. Make sure you keep us posted on how it is going.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top