Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I found out that this vampire hairstyle is slightly different for men and women, despite the fact it's a feminine hairstyle.

http://imgur.com/gTmsDVr (Pictured - Female Version)

http://imgur.com/uiAkvdy (Pictured - Male Version)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    sims can feed each other bites of food if there sating next to each other its a romantic interaction
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    nani wrote: »
    Sims get sad moodlets when in the same room as their parents when their parents are divorcing.

SDXPfVS.png

aww poor little muffin :(

...only 4 hours?

That's what's I thought when I saw it. It should've been at least three Sim days and have a recurring sad moodlet because they remember it. For people with parenthood, it should lower a child's conflict resolution. That'd be super cool imo.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I found out that this vampire hairstyle is slightly different for men and women, despite the fact it's a feminine hairstyle.

http://imgur.com/gTmsDVr (Pictured - Female Version)

http://imgur.com/uiAkvdy (Pictured - Male Version)

That's awesome :astonished:
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    edited July 2017
    You can make cars by buying those fake cars and enlarging them with the ] key. All this time i just downloaded CC cars. Wow.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Sims get sad moodlets when in the same room as their parents when their parents are divorcing.

...only 4 hours?[/quote]

That's what's I thought when I saw it. It should've been at least three Sim days and have a recurring sad moodlet because they remember it. For people with parenthood, it should lower a child's conflict resolution. That'd be super cool imo.
    [/quote]

Four hours is more than enough time and definitely not recurring, why should I have to put up with a moody kid cause I want a divorce. Why get married if it is going to be a pain to divorce.

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    pinkish wrote: »

Four hours is more than enough time and definitely not recurring, why should I have to put up with a moody kid cause I want a divorce. Why get married if it is going to be a pain to divorce.

True, and we have to bear in mind sims only live 90 odd days so if you assume a day is a year then 4 hours would be 2 months which is a pretty long time to be consistently sad about a divorce (though bear in mind I've never been through that so apologies if I'm wrong there). Would be interesting if it negatively impacted conflict resolution though, I can see that being true to life.
  • Options
    samemie wrote: »

True, and we have to bear in mind sims only live 90 odd days so if you assume a day is a year then 4 hours would be 2 months which is a pretty long time to be consistently sad about a divorce (though bear in mind I've never been through that so apologies if I'm wrong there). Would be interesting if it negatively impacted conflict resolution though, I can see that being true to life.

Oh yeah, I forgot I've modified the lifespans of my Sims. I still think Sims should be more sad though. They could go to sleep and wake up completely fine, which is weird to me.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member

SDXPfVS.png

aww poor little muffin :(

...only 4 hours?

yeah that's pretty fast
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Of course, all circumstances are different, but having experienced it a parent, it is still pretty raw after 2 months for the kids and then some.

Some kind of impact on the character values would have been cool as I think it is fair to say that most studies have concluded that divorce carries a life long impact.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    @ModerateOsprey That's fair, as I said that's something I'm fortunate enough to have not experienced so I was giving opinions completely blindly there. (Sorry about that!)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017
    @ModerateOsprey That's fair, as I said that's something I'm fortunate enough to have not experienced so I was giving opinions completely blindly there. (Sorry about that!)

No worries, was a long time ago :)

I did think it was short though. The game will clobber a poor sim kid with an 8 hour negative moodlet just for having a bad day at school!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options

No worries, was along time ago :)

I did think it was short though. The game will clobber a poor sim kid with an 8 hour negative moodlet just for having a bad day at school!

hahaha very true! Can you imagine in real life if you had a bad day at school and couldn't let it go for 4 months?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I didn't know that you could edit the 'posture' of a Sim's forehead in CAS detail edit mode. :o
  • Options
    I Made a family. I Had the dad give the mom a passionate kiss. One of the children and one of the teens both gathered around them. The child had a disgusted look on her face with a thought bubble of lips with the no sign over it, the teen had a thought bubble with the dad's face in it and was cheering. It was funny :lol:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Apparently when a sim calls you this can happen.
    2nhzrqo.png
  • Options
    The Plasma Fruit tree glows only at night. During the day it looks dead.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member

where are they growing?
  • Options

where are they growing?

Forgotten Hollow. My sim planted it.
  • Options
    Sims will not only get a moodlet, but actually cry if they see their parents divorce :(

On a related note, teens don't get the moodlet, which i find odd.

On another related note, they really should give all sims the moodlet even when not in the same room. Kind of unrealistic.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    the father/mother can die in a room, if nobody saw him/her dying no one would be sad (beside the wife/husband)
    happened to my family and none of the kids was sad that they lost their father...that's odd.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I don't know how it works exactly, but my Sim's baby (Lee) grew up to a toddler and I got notifcations that his distant grandpa and step-aunt & step-uncle (who are children) got him presents that would be in the mail shortly! I haven't received them yet, but I look forward to seeing what this is about! Interestingly enough, both the mom's brother and the dad's sister (who live in San Myshuno in separate apartments) did not offer gifts for the aging-up. Mom & Dad live in New Crest and grandpa lives across the street with his other offspring.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    the father/mother can die in a room, if nobody saw him/her dying no one would be sad (beside the wife/husband)
    happened to my family and none of the kids was sad that they lost their father...that's odd.

This is something that should have been resolved AGES AGO! It is so frustrating and I can't believe they've let this go on in this game so long!!!
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I didn't know that children could get a sad moodlet from playing doctor with the teddy and baby doll sets that came with Parenthood.

My sim got a +1 Sad moodlet that said:

"Doll is Sick...
    Despite your best efforts, you were unable to cure the malady plaguing your poor doll."

A very sweet little detail! :smile: I love seeing the children emanate innocence and imagination.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top