Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you LIKE about TS4? What is EA doing RIGHT?

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I really like being able to hang out with grim he's so funny
    and I also really like the The active careers
    and the parties are great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I also really like the aliens and how they come in different colors and how the faces can look different as well
    also a big fan of the rocket ship I wish they could add more stories to it
  • Options
    I love the evil well
  • Options
    and the pregnancy in sims 4 is really detailed to also the breast feeding is nice to
    I also really like the show off baby
  • Options
    I like the mood swings in sims 4 they did a good job
    and the monster under the bed
    I also like that the sims can like and dislike movies
    and talk about them with other sims
    I like the way the food looks in sims 4 and I like that there's a lot of it I hope they add more
  • Options
    FincheloveFinchelove Posts: 33 Member
    What I love more about TS4 is definitely the multitasking. It makes the game so real and I especially love when they eat together and chat at the same time! I was playing TS3 the other day and I missed the multitasking so much, I think it's a really important feature of the game.
  • Options
    cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    Thanks for getting back on topic guys. I really genuinely appreciate how you guys respected what I was asking for and my wishes. I expected more backlash than I got because I got so testy, but I feel that you guys have been really great about it. Thanks for putting in so much more productive positive feedback so EA can know the GOOD things they're doing so they know what to continue to expand upon in the future and include when they get to TS5. I really do genuinely appreciate how you guys dealt with the situation.

For the topic:

- I really enjoy the mood lights they added, and the mood art and things. I think it's a great way to help your Sims meet their goals and fulfill their whims about being inspired, being romantic, etc.

- One of THE ABSOLUTE BEST features is the game that has been super useful has been the lot traits. I love how they attract different people, affect skills, make parties better, what have you. Awesome Idea EA!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017
    cjose wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back on topic guys. I really genuinely appreciate how you guys respected what I was asking for and my wishes. I expected more backlash than I got because I got so testy, but I feel that you guys have been really great about it. Thanks for putting in so much more productive positive feedback so EA can know the GOOD things they're doing so they know what to continue to expand upon in the future and include when they get to TS5. I really do genuinely appreciate how you guys dealt with the situation.

For the topic:

- I really enjoy the mood lights they added, and the mood art and things. I think it's a great way to help your Sims meet their goals and fulfill their whims about being inspired, being romantic, etc.

- One of THE ABSOLUTE BEST features is the game that has been super useful has been the lot traits. I love how they attract different people, affect skills, make parties better, what have you. Awesome Idea EA!

I really like these as well, so having the odd new one dropped into a patch would be kinda nice - hint, hint :)

They can be modded in as well. I have just installed one that sets a dress code for a lot.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like the active careers. I wish there were more of them. I don't usually send my sims to work (inactive careers).. they make money at home .. and I'm also happy there are many ways to easily do this although I hear that isn't new. I personally rarely send my sims to inactive careers long... it's tedious. I do hope they continue with active career possibilities in the future.
    I also find the group system very useful and use the club system regularly both as "clubs" and as tools to serve my sims needs.
    I like that I don't feel I have to cheat in the current game. I've just started using mods but none of them are cheat mods so far. I use to live off of those in the first two sims games.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I like the active careers. I wish there were more of them. I don't usually send my sims to work (inactive careers).. they make money at home .. and I'm also happy there are many ways to easily do this although I hear that isn't new. I personally rarely send my sims to inactive careers long... it's tedious. I do hope they continue with active career possibilities in the future.
    I also find the group system very useful and use the club system regularly both as "clubs" and as tools to serve my sims needs.
    I like that I don't feel I have to cheat in the current game. I've just started using mods but none of them are cheat mods so far. I use to live off of those in the first two sims games.
    I also like the group system
    and I like the dates to
  • Options
    and I really like the alien abduction I really wish they would turn them back up a little
    its one of my favorite parts in the game
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,485 Member
    I love that Maxis continues to support the modding/cc community. My entire sims journey began because of custom content that I saw when sims 2 was still in its first year. I've been addicted to cc ever since. I tend to have unusual and non-trendy tastes, so this allows me to have my "types" of sims in the game. And they make it quite easy and user-friendly too. I just couldn't play without it. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I love that Maxis continues to support the modding/cc community. My entire sims journey began because of custom content that I saw when sims 2 was still in its first year. I've been addicted to cc ever since. I tend to have unusual and non-trendy tastes, so this allows me to have my "types" of sims in the game. And they make it quite easy and user-friendly too. I just couldn't play without it. :)
    Certainly the case. Maxis has made mod installation a case of drag-'n-drop. A far cry from the mid 90's where we had to hex edit our own files.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I still love the art and animation style of this Sims version - have since launch. These Sims still regularly charm me. Love that they will do the same thing different ways depending on their mood - I still see variations that are new to me now and then, even for everyday things. I like how the different emotional buffs stack so that Sims segue in and out of different moods (it's not a perfect system, but it works for me well most of the time). Love that all the different-looking worlds coexist, as if it's a small (but growing) planet, and how it means that I can just expand one save for years instead of needing new ones to fit in new features. The Club feature! I can't imagine playing without Clubs anymore. The in-game Gallery access is awesome. I'm regularly grateful for some of the new build features, including the quick access from live mode. Adore the highest-level lighting. Super-adore the sounds in the game. Love the access to all the households in Household Management. Really happy that I don't have to wait 6 months for the next patch (even if no one patch fixes all the things and some seem to be awfully low priority).

Things EA is doing right? Finding new ways to interact with us as a community, from (recently) the Community SP, complete with posts explaining design processes, to last week's just-because-they-can liveplay to individual unofficial SimGuru efforts like Kimmi's Twitter build contest and Steve's long-run Bob streams. Also, the new SP-GP-EP structure has been great, I think, for the range of what we get and for overall value. Also, I think they're really in a quality groove lately. And I think they're really doing attention to diversity better than ever before, even if there's still more that can be done there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    I like the gender cas and cas in general, I like the ease to get males pregnant in my gay male saves (see gender cas). I like the look and art stile of the game. (This Has really been hard to not say anything about bugs lol)
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2017
    EA has done extremely well with character generation. Game-created Sims are quite attractive and believable. The animations are also fluid and realistic. TS4 sims make great actors for creating stories.

That's mostly all I've got. As an actual game, I'm still very disappointed with TS4. We're nearly three years in and, in comparison to other iterations, there is still so little content that has been added that couldn't have been downloaded for free.

They keep chucking more clothing and furniture at us when some of us just want more engaging and immersive game play.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I like the deep variety of skills, because they help me flesh out a Sim with more personality.
    Having multiple instrumental skills is a lot better than just "creativity". It made no sense for someone who practiced piano all their life to also be able to paint a masterpiece first time they touched a paint brush.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited July 2017
    This is gonna be long, but here goes:
    • I like that you can move from world to world without losing your job/friends from the previous worlds
    • The fact you can rock the pregnancy bumps in any outfit
    • The fact that you can have more than one active family
    • The fact that sims can have more than one boy/girlfriend and not have to breakup with one partner to have another
    • The emotion system
    • The diversity in hairstyles/cultures/names
    • Gender customization
    • Obviously, the toddlers, which are the absolute BEST
    • The complexities in relationships (i.e. "enemies with benefits", "bad match") & relationship decay/culling
    • The graphics
    • The easiness in making a pretty/decent looking sim without CC - honestly, it's a lot harder to make prettier sims in previous iterations without CC IMHO
    • The fact that lots actually have SIMS present there - never a day that I see a lot dead
    • Obviously the Parenthood pack for obvious reasons :joy:
    • The Promise rings/"fooling around" teen interactions because it's realistic. Hated that teens could only kiss previously.
    • Speaking of teens, I like the fact that they can wear the same things as the adults! Same with elders. CAS assets were limited with teens/elders in predecessors
    • Interactions (i.e. apartment neighbor interactions)
    • This will sound geeky of me, but I love the soundtrack! I don't know what it is about TS4's soundtrack, but it lifts my spirits up. Vampires and Parenthood have my favorite CAS/Buy Mode soundtracks
    • This will sound extra geeky of me, but so be it. I love the death stings and the emotion stings <3 These are the snippets of music that play when emotions change/when deaths take place
    • I like the options, "Make up.....in bed", "Frenzied Kiss", "Try to Flirt" :joy: Well, I guess this ties in with the emotion system/relationships that I adore
    • I love the details in offspring's features in comparison to their parents. The kids always turn out looking either like mama or papa or a mix. The details are so well-done that whenever someone in a Facebook group posts a child and asks members to guess the parents (mostly using Don Lothario, Malcolm Landgraab, or Salim Benali), I am able to detect who mommy/daddy is just by looking at the offspring
    • Multitasking

Okay, I think that does it! (:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
      <3o:)
    • I like that you can move from world to world without losing your job/friends from the previous worlds
    • The fact that sims can have more than one boy/girlfriend and not have to breakup with one partner to have another
    • The emotion system
    • Gender customization
    • The complexities in relationships (i.e. "enemies with benefits", "bad match") & relationship decay/culling
    • The graphics
    • The easiness in making a pretty/decent looking sim without CC - honestly, it's a lot harder to make prettier sims in previous iterations without CC IMHO
    • The fact that lots actually have SIMS present there - never a day that I see a lot dead
    • The Promise rings/"fooling around" teen interactions because it's realistic. Hated that teens could only kiss previously.
    • Speaking of teens, I like the fact that they can wear the same things as the adults! Same with elders. CAS assets were limited with teens/elders in predecessors
    • This will sound geeky of me, but I love the soundtrack! I don't know what it is about TS4's soundtrack, but it lifts my spirits up. Vampires and Parenthood have my favorite CAS/Buy Mode soundtracks
    • This will sound extra geeky of me, but so be it. I love the death stings and the emotion stings <3 These are the snippets of music that play when emotions change/when deaths take place
    • I like the options, "Make up.....in bed", "Frenzied Kiss", "Try to Flirt" :joy: Well, I guess this ties in with the emotion system/relationships that I adore
    • I love the details in offspring's features in comparison to their parents. The kids always turn out looking either like mama or papa or a mix. The details are so well-done that whenever someone in a Facebook group posts a child and asks members to guess the parents (mostly using Don Lothario, Malcolm Landgraab, or Salim Benali), I am able to detect who mommy/daddy is just by looking at the offspring
    • Multitasking

I especially like when their employees come out and tell us everything they like about the Sims :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
      <3o:)
    • The emotion system
    • Gender customization
    • The graphics
    • Multitasking

I especially like when their employees come out and tell us everything they like about the Sims :)

You broke my shade detector B)
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

:grey_question::sweat_smile: I'm confused tbh.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    IoTheBraveIoTheBrave Posts: 2 New Member
    The things I like about Sims 4
    1: It runs much better than 3.
    2: I prefer this art style over any other they've had.
    3: CAS is incredible. Sometimes i spend hours just making sims.
    4: The careers from City Living's format, where you can work from home, are fantastic.
    5: The environment is gorgeous. Screenshots look wonderful.
    6: The gamepacks were a great idea. I think they are my favorite out of the DLC types.
    7: The clothes and hair have really improved since base game came out. The newer jeans look real, without breaking the art style.
    8: Multitasking. While it has caused problems, seeing my sims cook dinner while talking makes them seem less robotic. I hope if there's a Sims 5, that is kept and improved upon.
    Those are just the things I thought of off the top of my head. (It's kinda hard to remember what is actually part of the game, since I have so many mods lol)
  • Options
    Idk what this is about employees, but even employees can have favorite aspects of a game. Everyone is welcome to list the positive aspects of the game they enjoy on here.
  • Options
    I like multitasking as well. It's so nice to have Sims not need to stop what they're doing to do something else that pops up or wait forever if they're two things that can be done at the same time.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2017
    I think I like the gallery best, It enables you to make a new game, and bring your Sims over to your new game if you like.
    Also, I love we can have anything in our game we like. If you want something it's most likely in the gallery.

I would also like to thank :)<3
    @comicsforlife :)<3 , for Posting 5 times in a row. (go girl) (rules are made to be broken)
    I was feeling so bad I know I double post. I do not want to but I do sometimes, ok and I have triple also, so ashamed. :'( lol o:)
    I have noticed, that we are being more light on double posters lol, its just we have such a sweet and forgiving community. >:) So If you have left out something and you double post who cares right lol. I will always keep working on my problem.
    If the Discussion, has turned into say a chat like discussion, that's when it happens most. you get relaxed and chat away...
    I notice a lot of people kicking them self for double posting. Striking out their words, :* a lot of times I think it's needed.

Anyone that reads this and cares one way or the other I suppose we will hear your comments? or not?
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor