Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Reader's Nook

Comments

• Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @AudreyFld; it's really not that hard! it's tough at first, but as you spend time practicing, it gets a lot easier. :)
    this is the program i'm using, if you want to try your hand at it!
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    edited June 2017
    @TheoriesOfHappiness Just caught up with most of your story as was quite behind. It's really cool.
    Would love to read about your choose your own story when it's done.
    I hope the werewolf behind it all is caught!

@AudreyFld
    I am so glad that Kaitlin is now getting help. It's great to learn more about Leyroy
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @AudreyFld
    I am so glad that Kaitlin is now getting help. It's great to learn more about Leyroy

@SmallSeven01 - Me too! Hopefully this will help her heal. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SmallSeven01;
    everything is coming to a head soon, don't worry! ;)

i'll definitely let you know when i'm done with the story. right now, it's slow going and i might change the platform i'm using so it takes a lot less coding work / time, but either way it should be done within the next couple weeks! probably doesn't help that i'm doing custom poses and stuff at the same time, ahahah.
    Post edited by TheoriesOfHappiness on
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I am still on crutches but am now at least able to use my foot again! So much better. 2 more weeks on crutches...but still stuck in the boot....

I hope everyone is doing okay. I am dropping off another Chapter from Starting Over. :)
    Chapter 43 - Happy Birthday Part 1 of 3 Kaitlin has another visit with her therapist before her birthday surprise. Enjoy!
    pHKYEZO.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @AudreyFld; yay! i could use a break from coding!
    sorry to hear about your foot! :( sending all my healing vibes your way!
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Thanks. It's getting better day by day!

Hope you enjoy the update! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Back to back updates! This one has a plot twist so get ready!
    Chapter 43 - Happy Birthday Part 2 of 3 - Kaitlin and Leroy find out news about Reid and Reid confronts Leroy.

Kaitlin and Leroy find out news about Reid and he confronts Leroy.
    D1VgKvM.jpg
  • Options
    Hi guys, just to say a tiny Dove legacy update is live on my blog. I will be away a few days and then an update for the Rain tribe will be up!
  • Options
    beep beep, dropping off an update to blood brothers.
    three chapters have been added!

back to coding. :#
  • Options
    beep beep, dropping off an update to blood brothers.
    three chapters have been added!

back to coding. :#

And they were awesome with a crazy cliff hanger!
  • Options
    @AudreyFld; aww you're too sweet! <3

as a side note to everyone, things feel a little silent here recently. i wouldn't mind taking some time to write up some general discussion questions that everyone can take the time to answer for their stories. any biters? just so we can get some conversation? :>
  • Options
  • Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    yeah
    @AudreyFld; aww you're too sweet! <3

as a side note to everyone, things feel a little silent here recently. i wouldn't mind taking some time to write up some general discussion questions that everyone can take the time to answer for their stories. any biters? just so we can get some conversation? :>

yes. for sure!!
  • Options
    Sure- that would be great!
  • Options
    cool! i'll get them up within the next hour and we can all answer them and discuss! :D
  • Options
    What was your inspiration for your main character?
    What are the main traits of your character, and out of those traits, which one do you like the least?
    Do you see your story being indefinite or do you see your story having a conclusion?
    Have you already decided how your story is going to end, or are you allowing the Sims to guide you there?

Story questions for @AudreyFld;
    What was Leroy and Reid's old relationship?
    Now that she's in therapy, is Katie going to be more willing to take Leroy's help?

Story questions for @Socallucyfan;
    Do you plan to have Stella confess her feelings of abandonment to her parents?
    Where do you see Stella's relationship with medicine taking her?
    Will Brandon stay at Stella's, or do you plan for him to leave to his own space?

Story questions for @SmallSeven01;
    for your picturacy: Is Zayne going to run into that cutie from the gym again? ;)
    for the Rain tribe: What is going to happen with Kaden? He seemed quite angry in the last update!

i'll write up story questions for anyone else who hops in, i just did the ones for those who replied to me for the time being. :>
    if anyone has any general story questions for me, as well, i'm more than happy to answer them! let us discuss!
  • Options
    What was your inspiration for your main character?
    I chose to do a challenge and the gist of the challenge is that a woman (or man) runs away from a relationship gone bad - and essentially escapes with little money and three kids to take care of. When I started coming up with a main character, I had to reconcile with myself why she would stay in an abusive relationship that long. She had three kids age 16 to 1 year. I could never stay but people do so in my mind she had to have something in her past for her to not have the courage or inner strength to leave until something happens that made her decide she had no choice.

What are the main traits of your character, and out of those traits, which one do you like the least?
    I didn't know if you meant actual sim traits or my imagined traits so I am going to give you my imagined traits first. She is shy and submissive. That was part of her problem to begin with and the traits that I like the least in her. She loves her children fiercely and is very forgiving. She wants to take care of others but doesn't trust her instincts when it comes to taking care of herself. All she can see is her bad decisions but still makes them. She was completely unprepared for what she was to face.

Game traits - Family oriented, Natural Cook, Nurturing, Handy and Artistic. Handy I didn't need her to have. It was a wasted trait.

Do you see your story being indefinite or do you see your story having a conclusion?
    Definitely a conclusion. I like to read stories that have a beginning, middle and an end so I wanted to give that to my readers as well and for me too. It feels good to finish something.

Have you already decided how your story is going to end, or are you allowing the Sims to guide you there?
    My story started out very game and challenge driven in the beginning. As it progressed the story more or less took over and I began to guide it story wise with input from the challenge. I had to have an 'event' each day. That drove the story especially the pregnancies! As you will see with my house full of children!

Story questions for @AudreyFld;
    Now that she's in therapy, is Katie going to be more willing to take Leroy's help?
    I will answer this in a spoiler for those that haven't read up to now.
    Reid moved to Twinbrook when he was 10. He missed his brother/cousin very much and became withdrawn and didn't have many friends. He liked sports and he met Leroy in little league baseball and they hit it off and become good friends. They remained friends through high school and were very competitive.

Reid's family didn't approve of Leroy because he was a foster kid but they still remained friends irritating Reid's mother and step-father.

Leroy introduced Reid to Shea (Dr. Shea) when they were 16. Leroy and Shea had been in the same foster home for several years and he became her protector and big brother. Reid and Shea became boyfriend and girlfriend. They were very much 'in love'. They were planning to go to the same college and live together after they graduated.

That same year, Leroy and Reid were up for Captain of the Football team and it was a toss up who would be the starting quarterback. It looked very much like it would be Leroy. That's when someone set him up for a robbery he didn't commit. Shea knew that Leroy would never do something like that. Being in 'the system' there was no one really to help him and he wound up in Juvie for 6 months. He missed the rest of his senior year because of that. Leroy and Shea were convinced that it was Reid that set him up so he would get the starting position and be named Captain of the team. Reid was angry that Leroy would try to blame him. Shea left Reid and never spoke to him again. It broke Reid's heart. He lost the love of his life and his best friend. How could they blame him for something he didn't do. He and Leroy became enemies after that. Reid didn't go to college and Shea did. Leroy dropped out of school and began to get jobs in construction and worked as many odd jobs as he could to save money. He never really let anyone else in. He was a nice guy, but stayed pretty much to himself, working all of the time saving money and learning a trade. Reid went to school to become a paramedic and joined the fire department. He began to sleep around and never had a serious relationship after Shea. He saved enough money to open his night club and could often be seen entertaining various ladies there.

Yes and No. She is still determined to do everything on her own. But she is beginning to let him do somethings for her. You will see a little of this in a later chapter when she begins to actually build her permanent home. She compromises on some things. And she did take money from him to help pay for the therapy. She is getting better.

Now - questions about @TheoriesOfHappiness Blood Brothers story:
    Why is Roman always keeping his distance from Genesis?
    Now that she is a werewolf, will they finally get together? Or does this mean she is tied to Paris or her brother?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    @AudreyFld; i was referring to a story based trait, rather than game based, so i'm glad you answered both just to be safe! i agree that sometimes kate's subdued personality is really frustrating, but i can definitely understand why that very same personality trait that makes her a good mother also made her stay in an unhealthy relationship for as long as she did. i'll really be sad to see your story end, but i agree that i prefer stories that are not wrote with the expectation of being indefinite!
    wow, i never knew reid and leroy had such a history together. it breaks my heart that they had been friends, and now they can't even be in the same room as one another. i definitely still don't like reid, but knowing his history and how crazy his mom is makes me a little more sympathetic! i also wonder the same thing that katie did: was leroy and shea ever a thing themselves? no need to answer that, as if i'm sure it's a pivotal story revelation, but it makes me wonder nonetheless!

that's true! i think the more she is willing to compromise, the better everyone will feel. with all those children, having the space would be a god send!

thank you for asking questions about my story! <3
    they are answered in spoilers below for anyone who is not far into my story as it contains spoilers for characters and relationships.
    the first time roman vanished, it was due to the fact that he had just revealed himself to genesis. humans knowing about werewolves is a bit of a touchy subject amongst his people (aka it's against the rules) and he'd just done exactly that. shortly after genesis had found out he'd imprinted, paris and london showed up in the area, and he was distracted trying to operate in a territory occupied by a pack. lone werewolves are considered "unstable" and "dangerous". they get put down. understandably, he wanted to stay beneath the radar if he could, and being that werewolf brains operate on "frequencies" (meaning werewolves nearby on the same "channel" or deciding to "flip through channels" can hear the thoughts of a lone one) he couldn't necessarily reach out to genesis.

Now that she is a werewolf, will they finally get together? Or does this mean she is tied to Paris or her brother?
    well, it depends. honestly speaking, london and paris were never intended to be main characters. i intended to use london as a way to bring roman and genesis closer together, but then i realized that the ending would be coming up almost right after, so i decided to cause more drama. what happened, instead, was that i really loved the way london and gensis' looked together. so, paris ended up becoming the catalyst of the drama that i wanted to cause.

unfortunately, what this means is that i'm not sure who genesis will end up with just yet. i listen to my readers a lot, and roman seems to be the popular choice, hahah. being a werewolf will bring them closer, though, because now she will understand the culture and species as a whole more than she did as a human. expanded minds and all that.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld; i was referring to a story based trait, rather than game based, so i'm glad you answered both just to be safe! i agree that sometimes kate's subdued personality is really frustrating, but i can definitely understand why that very same personality trait that makes her a good mother also made her stay in an unhealthy relationship for as long as she did. i'll really be sad to see your story end, but i agree that i prefer stories that are not wrote with the expectation of being indefinite!
    wow, i never knew reid and leroy had such a history together. it breaks my heart that they had been friends, and now they can't even be in the same room as one another. i definitely still don't like reid, but knowing his history and how crazy his mom is makes me a little more sympathetic! i also wonder the same thing that katie did: was leroy and shea ever a thing themselves? no need to answer that, as if i'm sure it's a pivotal story revelation, but it makes me wonder nonetheless!

that's true! i think the more she is willing to compromise, the better everyone will feel. with all those children, having the space would be a god send!

thank you for asking questions about my story! <3
    they are answered in spoilers below for anyone who is not far into my story as it contains spoilers for characters and relationships.
    the first time roman vanished, it was due to the fact that he had just revealed himself to genesis. humans knowing about werewolves is a bit of a touchy subject amongst his people (aka it's against the rules) and he'd just done exactly that. shortly after genesis had found out he'd imprinted, paris and london showed up in the area, and he was distracted trying to operate in a territory occupied by a pack. lone werewolves are considered "unstable" and "dangerous". they get put down. understandably, he wanted to stay beneath the radar if he could, and being that werewolf brains operate on "frequencies" (meaning werewolves nearby on the same "channel" or deciding to "flip through channels" can hear the thoughts of a lone one) he couldn't necessarily reach out to genesis.

well, it depends. honestly speaking, london and paris were never intended to be main characters. i intended to use london as a way to bring roman and genesis closer together, but then i realized that the ending would be coming up almost right after, so i decided to cause more drama. what happened, instead, was that i really loved the way london and gensis' looked together. so, paris ended up becoming the catalyst of the drama that i wanted to cause.

unfortunately, what this means is that i'm not sure who genesis will end up with just yet. i listen to my readers a lot, and roman seems to be the popular choice, hahah. being a werewolf will bring them closer, though, because now she will understand the culture and species as a whole more than she did as a human. expanded minds and all that.

@TheoriesOfHappiness - I can't wait for more of your story to see how things go! You KNOW who I am rooting for. Haha!

And as far as bringing mine to an end, yes it's coming as well. I have about 8 more chapters to go. Most of them will be 2 parts though. I started dividing them up because they became ridiculously long. I have had some readers ask if I planned to spin off a story with one of the kids. I hadn't planned on it. But it is certainly a possibility. :) Maybe I will try my hand at TS4. I have all content except bowling, parenthood and the workout one. If I do, I will likely grab them as well. Since I rarely play it, I have been getting things as they go on sale. :)
  • Options
    @AudreyFld; ohhhh, i'm gonna be really sad to see it go, but i agree that a spin off with one of the kids would be really interesting! you have so many options, too! i get all my stuff for TS4 on sale as well (and even some of that, i regret paying what i did). i am missing nearly all of the stuff packs and the three new ones, myself. when vampires came in their own pack, i splurged and paid full price, and it's probably the only one i don't regret paying for at all hahah!

whatever story you choose to do next, know that i'll read along, and if you ever want to do a two person story you know where to find me, hahah.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Ohhh - a two person story sounds quite interesting!
  • Options
    @AudreyFld; sweetnightingale and i have one, but it hasn't been updated in quite awhile because she's been so busy since i last got a chapter up bless her soul; the poor woman deserves time away

most of my writing background is from roleplaying, though, so if you ever need a co-writer, i'm always interested! i sometimes miss interacting via stories like that, and though it's a bit different since it's chapters and not replies, it's got the same idea!
  • Options
    @AudreyFld; sweetnightingale and i have one, but it hasn't been updated in quite awhile because she's been so busy since i last got a chapter up bless her soul; the poor woman deserves time away

most of my writing background is from roleplaying, though, so if you ever need a co-writer, i'm always interested! i sometimes miss interacting via stories like that, and though it's a bit different since it's chapters and not replies, it's got the same idea!

@TheoriesOfHappiness - It sounds fun. I don't want to commit to do it now, but once my story is finished, we can chat more. :) I have been doing the pen pal thing so I assume it's similar to that and what I did with one of my chapters where I wrote the dialogue for my character and Cathytea wrote the dialogue for hers.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @AudreyFld; no worries, i'm pretty caught up with my interactive story anyway, so i wouldn't be able to commit myself either. :P

it really varies based on what the writers want, tbh. :> the way nightingale and i did it was to write a story, but do each chapter in the perspective of our own character and their interactions happened via a letter each of us would write in our chapters (much like the idea you were describing!) it could also be more "loose" as well. my wife and i wrote 'in remission' together, and we based our chapter off of our own ideas and what we wanted for our characters.

i won't bore you to tears, though. tbh i'm just trying to avoid coding as much as possible, hahah.