Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Reader's Nook

Comments

• Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    Thymeless wrote: »
    Today is my 1 Year Blog-iversary! :smiley: Thank you for everyone who's kept me going with this, and for all being lovely <3

Congrats!! And I hope you have many more!!

• Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Just popping in quickly to say howdy to everyone. As you know, it's been nuts around here but finally got a bit of breathing room this week. It's still kinda busy but there's a little bit of a lull.

@Thymeless - Congrats on your 1 year! What an accomplishment! Once you get into writing SimLit, you get hooked. At least I did. :grin: You're right about it being such a friendly place to be. :)

@TheoriesOfHappiness - Yeah, I'm a bit busier than I'd like to be and wish i had more time for important things like my writing and coloring. Haha. You might want to resend that e-mail since I can't seem to find it. It's either floating out there somewhere in the cybersphere or buried in my e-mail somewhere. I saw you put up a bunch of writing, so it's great to see you back. Also, thanks for the link to your completed story. :)

@Everyone - I'll get our front page updated to reflect @Revlon and @Socallucyfan joining us. I'm a little slow on the draw lately but I'll get that done over the weekend. Might have to turn off the computer for a while if the storm we're having now continues.

@SparkleSims0986 - I think we're getting pretty full here but if the others don't mind one more, that's fine with me. What do you all think? Do we have room for one more?
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @sweetnightingale; can do! i'll send it sometime tonight. sorry to hear that the storming is keeping you away, and that you're busy as ever, but don't worry: life always slows down eventually. whether that's a good or bad thing, hahah. and, as always, it's great to be back. i always miss the simlit community when i take a hiatus, and now that i finally have some medical answers, i don't foresee another in the future.

@Thymeless; yay! congratulations! i hope you will have many more milestones in the future (mainly so i can keep reading your wonderful writing!).

@AudreyFld; thank you. my wife wasn't all that thrilled, but we both agreed that the ending was how it should be and not what we wanted it to be. thank you for the promotion, as well! <3

@SparkleSims0986; i'm a fairly voracious reader, so i'd love another story to follow along with. either way, even if there isn't any more room, i'll probably read along anyway. :')
  • Options
    I have no problem adding another reader to our circle. The more the merrier
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @SparkleSims0986 - like @TheoriesOfHappiness - I love to read so wouldn't mind adding another story to my list!
  • Options
    @SparkleSims0986 - do you have a link to your story? Everyone else's are linked on page one and in their siggy for the most part.
  • Options
    Alrighty then, welcome to the circle, @SparkleSims0986 . I'll put something in the main circle thread so @CathyTea knows we have another member. Also, if you have a link to your story, I'll add that to the front page when I go in to update it.

@TheoriesOfHappiness - Sometimes that hiatus is needed but it's always great to see you back. I'm glad you found out some answers and hopefully, it was encouraging. Yeah, definitely send over that e-mail again and I"ll definitely write ya back. :) Being busy is a good thing but sometimes a little goes a long way. I always love my breathing room when the worst of it is over and I can devote my time to Sims, stories, and of course, coloring. Haha,

So as far as today, I'm going to be pretty tied up. The hubby and I are certified barbecue competition tasting judges, so we're judging an event this afternoon. We'll be full of ribs & chicken by the time we're done, and we'll probably need a crane to get us back into our car. LOL! It'll be fun though and I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to get some Sims/writing time in tomorrow, as I need to get a bunch of screenshots.

Wishing everyone a happy weekend. Stay safe and keep Simmin'. :grin:
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    @sweetnightingale enjoy the tasting!

@SparkleSims0986 Welcome! I can't wait to ready your story! (Totally agree with everyone, I love having more stories to read).
  • Options
    SparkleSims0986SparkleSims0986 Posts: 642 Member

AudreyFld wrote: »
    @SparkleSims0986 - do you have a link to your story? Everyone else's are linked on page one and in their siggy for the most part.

@SmallSeven01 @sweetnightingale @TheoriesOfHappiness
    I do have a link, I'm still trying to figure out how to put it in my signature. Here's the link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918469/landgraab-legacy#latest
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale; thanks! i'm about to share some teasers of stories i plan to start in the future after completing Blood Brothers and publishing more for Burn After Writing, so it's nice to be back to the groove of things! i forwarded the email to you, but don't rush on replying. i know you'll get to it when you can. :) indeed! i've been watching your youtube videos like usual, and i can't imagine how much work youtube is on top of writing and trying to have personal time for your other hobbies, like coloring and pens! i did find a coloring book you might like though, so i'll have to send you the title!

ohh that sounds fun! you're lucky! hope the food is delicious!

@SparkleSims0986; beginning the story tonight, now that i'm all caught up with everyone else's stories! if you want to put the link in your signature, all you have to do is click the little cog in the header bar at the top of the screen. go to preferences, and in the left sidebar it will let you edit your signature preferences. :)
  • Options
    SparkleSims0986SparkleSims0986 Posts: 642 Member
    Hey guys! A new part of my story is up!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918469/landgraab-legacy#latest

Also I made a banner! Look! :)

Also I'm definitely starting on everyone's stories tonight!
  • Options
    @SparkleSims0986; the banner looks great! :D
  • Options
    Hey guys! A new part of my story is up!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918469/landgraab-legacy#latest

Also I made a banner! Look! :)

Also I'm definitely starting on everyone's stories tonight!

@SparkleSims0986 - I just read what you have so far. Such a fun story full of drama! Love the Laandgrab boys fighting for heirdom. Love the banner!
  • Options
    @SparkleSims0986 I love your banner!
    @TheoriesOfHappiness I love your new profile picture!
  • Options
    @SparkleSims0986 - The banner looks great! :) I'll be starting on your story this week. I'm so looking forward to reading it.

I need to reply to some stuff here and will do that in a bit. :) Also, the front page still needs to be updated with everyone's links, which I will be getting to. Apologies that it's taking me so long to do. I've been getting loads of screenshots, plus the weekend was pretty full.

Since we have a couple new members and everyone needs to get caught up, we need some time to allow for that. I was also thinking about how we could get regular discussions going again. What we used to do was have a weekly Q&A and feature someone's story once a week and then take turns. Do we want to do something like that again? For example, we could do what they do over at the Book Club - someone plays host and comes up with some discussion questions. We can take turns doing that or someone can volunteer by mid-week or something. Not everyone is comfortable in that role, so you'd only do it if you want to. Or, do we want to do it differently? I'm open to ideas, so feel free to chime in. :)

And finally...a new part for "Forever in Time." Yay! Sorry for such a delay in a new chapter. They will be coming out a lot more frequently.

Traveling.jpg
    Chapter 43, Campout
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @sweetnightingale
    Such a lovely part. I felt so sorry for Tiffany!

@SparkleSims0986 I have just read your story. It's really good.
    I love the concept of another Landgraab brother and an evil Malcolm!\
    So sad to see Geoffrey Landgraab die.
  • Options
    @SparkleSims0986 I love the banner. I will have to start your story here soon (work is a nightmare this week).

@sweetnightingale
    I love the Q & A session idea. It might be fun to interview not only the writer, but some of the characters as well.
  • Options
    @SparkleSims0986 I love the banner. I will have to start your story here soon (work is a nightmare this week).

@sweetnightingale
    I love the Q & A session idea. It might be fun to interview not only the writer, but some of the characters as well.

I like the idea as well. Would it be easier to set up a schedule so that we knew in advance?
  • Options
    I'm glad you all like that idea, and I love the idea of interviewing characters, too. :) Yes, a schedule would have to be set up so we know what we are doing each week. Do we want to have the weekly discussions on Sundays, and when do you all think we should get it going? I can come up with a schedule once we know how soon our first discussion will happen.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @SmallSeven01 - I'm so glad you enjoyed my newest chapter.
    I felt sorry for Tiffany, too. :( She and her siblings have been through a lot. I also saw your comment about Tyrone being such a good father. :) I'm glad you think so and that you don't hate him after what happened with Lenora. That makes me extremely happy.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale; i'm down with whatever routine, but i will admit that i'm not comfortable being a "host". i'm not necessarily a vocal reader. in fact, i'm up to date with everyone's stories, and just find that i enjoy the ride more so than anything else. the pressure of trying to come up with questions and stuff doesn't sound like it's up my alley, personally, if that's alright with everyone.

@SmallSeven01; thank you! prey is my latest obsession. ;)
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - YouTube is a lot of work, especially for me, I think. I put my videos through a ton of editing due to the visual impairment and go over the footage with a fine-toothed comb. So yeah, it's nothing to sneeze at. LOL! I enjoy making them though, so that's what counts, and I'm so glad you are still enjoying watching them. :) It's always great to get back into the groove of things. I was thrilled to actually get a chapter out yesterday. I'll be getting to your e-mail this evening, I'm thinking. After I got done with my screencaps yesterday, I desperately needed a break from the computer.

I remember you saying one other time that you didn't feel comfortable playing host. Like I said in my post, that role will be for the ones who want and like to do it. It's strictly voluntary. :) I think we have enough here who'd enjoy doing it, so I'm sure our bases will be covered.

@Everyone - I'll work on getting a tentative schedule up and going in the next day or so, and if everyone is game, we can just have a general discussion where we touch on what we've read so far. I figured since everyone is probably still catching up, we should wait at least another week to spotlight one particular story. So if you like, I can be the first host and come up with some general questions for all the stories to get us going. Also, if anyone has questions they'd like to post, feel free to do so.

What do you all think?
  • Options

@sweetnightingale

I like the idea of interviewing the author and some of the characters!
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale; i certainly don't envy you. i think just about anyone can see how hard you work on your videos, though, and what counts is that you enjoy it at the end of the day! i used to love taking screenshots, and the moment it felt like a chore, i stopped and stepped away from it entirely so i didn't despise it and never want to return. it's important to love what we do. :) that's totally understandable! you'll get to the email when you get to it, no rush. ;)

that's great! i'm just a passive reader, and i prefer being that way and reading the other interesting questions / observations that others in the group share themselves!

i'm down for what you suggested. i think another week for people to get more caught up is for the best, honestly.

also, is it possible to have my story for the circle be switched from 'Blood Moon' to 'Blood Brothers'? i recently had some technology issues, but did a copy of my tray, only to open my game and discover today that i lost all of my older stories. i already have time scheduled in to recreate the characters so i can continue sometime in the near future, but i just don't know when that will be and i don't want anyone stuck waiting on a story that's not moving. :)
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - I had a pretty good idea what I was getting into when I started making videos. I knew it would be more of a slower process for me but I still wanted to do it anyway. Not many people watch my Sims videos anymore so I've cut way back on production that way. I don't have the luxury of time, so it's important, IMO, to not waste it making stuff that people aren't going to watch. I still do them of course, but most videos from me now go onto what I all my Vlog channel. Over the last few months, it's been a lot of coloring stuff. :) You'd be amazed at how many people enjoy coloring videos and even more enjoy hauls.

I remember you saying you weren't having as much fun getting screenshots. I know when I have to "stage" a bunch with poses and stuff, it gets to be a bit tedious, but I do it because I want it to look nice. Weddings are the worst. LOL! When it becomes a chore, that's the time to definitely step away for a bit.

I'll definitely be getting to the e-mail today. :) I've got some awards I was nominated for that I need to write up and accept, so that'll keep me busy, too. Plus, I still need to update our front page, and for our collaborative story, I know it's my turn for a chapter, which I'll be working on. :) I miss Juliana.

Sounds like a plan. I know not everyone is good at the host role, so it's all good. :) I figured with some new folks joining us, we need that time to get further into the stories. So, I'll just come up with some general questions that'll apply to all the stories and that should work for our first discussion.

Sure, we can change your story for the circle. Sorry to hear you lost your older stuff. :( One time a few years back, I lost ALL my saves. I about cried! :cry: I learned my lesson and now back things up in about three places. LOL! I know - a bit excessive but I'm not letting that happen to me again. :)

@AudreyFld - Yes, it'll be fun to also interview characters, too. :D Actually, that's right up my street, as I keep character journals for quite a few characters I've come up with. I think I spoke about that on another thread, but it really does help get into the head of a character.