Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Reader's Nook

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - I would like to see your answers to the questions you posted as well!

@everybody - I have a new chapter. Chapter 44 - Happy Birthday Part 3 of 3 - Kaitlin finally gets away with Leroy for her birthday date. <3

Candlelit Dinner at a five star resort.
    aY1waFt.jpg
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Oh a new chapter, will get to reading it. I am back from my break so will answer your questions after work @TheoriesOfHappiness
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @AudreyFld; of course :) i don't think my answers are overly interesting, though. :sweat_smile:

What was your inspiration for your main character?
    i was really itching for a supernatural story, and while i was working in CAS i was listening to an ingrid michaelson song that gave me some inspiration! i changed around the sim i'd been working on, and thus genesis was born. i didn't flesh out her backstory as much as i wanted to, but i plan to add to it in the future chapters to make her history a little clearer to readers. i really credit all of my inspiration for her to the song i'd had playing in the background, though. :)

What are the main traits of your character, and out of those traits, which one do you like the least?
    genesis, for the most part, is a pretty generic person. she's sweet, kind, and feels a ton of responsibility to take care of her widowed mother. the trait of hers that annoys me the most, however, is how indecisive she is. i made her this way intentionally, because it's crucial to her character that she is constantly flip-flopping between what she wants and what she doesn't want, but it annoys the crap out of me! i wish she would just settle on one decision and stick with it, but she doesn't, and i think that makes her more human than most of my other characters.

Do you see your story being indefinite or do you see your story having a conclusion?
    there is definitely going to be a conclusion. i really prefer stories that have an ending, as i feel indefinite stories tend to be a little dragged out feeling.

Have you already decided how your story is going to end, or are you allowing the Sims to guide you there?
    i already have the ending decided, for the most part. i've always been the kind of writer who writes the beginning and the end first, then fills the stuff in between! a couple details i've incorporated have changed the ending a bit, and left a couple threads up in the air rather than tied down, but it'll get solved. ;)
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - I loved your answers! :) It gives insight as to how you go about creating your characters and your stories. And your stories are so interesting and fun. I love Genesis. Maybe that's why she has a twin separated at birth in my TS3 story! But you are right about her back and forth about what she wants. It is frustrating. But that makes a good story because you never really know exactly what she is going to do!

I so much agree with a conclusion. It makes reading a story more satisfying. I know that simlit writers do it for fun and real life happens and some really great stories get forgotten. That happens. That's why sometimes I won't read a story unless I can tell it's ongoing or has already been completed.

I guess I sort of know how my story is going to end as well - but not even close to the details of the ending. It has also changed as things went off in directions I never imagined so I understand how that happens. I think it's really good to have a good beginning and a solid ending.

Speaking of endings, if anyone here has not read Fangs for the Memories by @LadyLobster you are missing out big time. Her story just ended and it was perfect ending. It is a tongue in cheek vampire, fairy, witch story and is so much fun to read. It's an easy read and isn't a long story so you will be able to get through it fairly quickly.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld; aww thank you! i always pride myself in character development, however i sometimes worry that i don't give enough thought to the plot itself. in 'we are young', i decided to use a writing style that is based almost entirely around characters and their choices, while in 'blood brothers' i really focused in on the plot itself and that's why i felt that genesis' wasn't fleshed out as much as i wanted. i'm glad to hear you enjoy my writing, though! i really love your story, as well, and i am eager to see what you come up with in the future. i never seem to get enough of katie and her antics!

that's totally fair. i am definitely a fickle writer. i have started so many stories and then dropped them due to disinterest, which is a shame because most of the ones i've dropped i actually like the story idea of. i know i have a few sitting stagnant on my blog, atm, and i am thinking of either redoing them entirely or cutting them off. i let the plot get carried away on most of them, unfortunately.

then again, i may just be avoiding them due to this project of mine, hahah.

that's totally fair! i found that i am more stable in my writing if i have the general idea of a conclusion wrote up in my mind, personally, but i also think it's a ton of fun when you are just writing and letting yourself be guided to your own conclusion! that's really how i wrote for Willow in the story 'in remission'.

thank you for the suggestion! i just recently joined a second reading circle because i hate myself apparently, so when i get the opportunity i'll take a peek at it. i've been reading along with The Darkness by shannynlee, but i don't believe she has an account here on the forum. :/
  • Options

What are the main traits of your character, and out of those traits, which one do you like the least?
    Do you see your story being indefinite or do you see your story having a conclusion?
    Have you already decided how your story is going to end, or are you allowing the Sims to guide you there?

Story questions for @SmallSeven01;
    for your picturacy: Is Zayne going to run into that cutie from the gym again? ;)
    for the Rain tribe: What is going to happen with Kaden? He seemed quite angry in the last update!

i'll write up story questions for anyone else who hops in, i just did the ones for those who replied to me for the time being. :>
    if anyone has any general story questions for me, as well, i'm more than happy to answer them! let us discuss!

I had wanted to start an Amazon Challenge that would be a little bit different, as I had seen so many written. So I thought of the time travel and Piper was a character who I made and wanted to do something with. It just fitted.

I was playing with Kaiden's dad Jaime and his legacy, when Kaiden was born he was just such a cute character I knew I had to carry on his story. It also helped he grew up to be very easy on the eyes to. Who knew that Nancy Landgraab's genes would look great on a guy sim. He is my favourite sim of all time.

Piper's traits are Self Assured, Active and Genius. Lifetime aspiration The Curator-Collector. I love the fact she is a Genius, I think her active trait is the most annoying as she will just randomly burst into exercise in conversation.

Kaiden's traits are Kleptomaniac, Goofball, Self Assured. Lifetime wish: Best Selling Author-Muser. To be honest Kleptomaniac as it doesn't fit so well with his character. Although it has proved funny, it's like his secret that he hates about himself but he can't help but steal do it.

The Dove Legacy- hopefully ten generations

The Amazon Challenge - 4/5 generations. I may skip a few as well just to spice it up a bit.

I just tend to write and see what happens!

Story answers:
    1. Hopefully he will, although he was a bit freaked out she followed him around so much. Super crush alert.
    2. Kaden was so hurt. He couldn't get past it. It will be up to Piper to figure a way out.

• Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hi everyone,

First of all, let me apologize for being MIA for a while. My life has still been rather busy so sometimes time has been limited. However, the main purpose for being away was a really scary experience I had and some paranoia that I was being cyber-followed. I hope not, but I also realize I can't let someone keep me from what I enjoy doing. It's a long story, so let me try to explain.

Back in March, I had a troll on my YouTube channel. You know how trolls are. Anyway, I blocked her but after that, she started leaving me nasty and threatening e-mails which I ignored. They quit and she left me alone for a while anyway.

Like most trolls, she created other usernames and started badgering me again - one under YouTube and another of Facebook by leaving me messages under a page a created. Those got blocked and I started to suspect it was the same person as before. I now know this to be true. My subbies jumped to my defense (it's great to have friends :) ), which she didn't like, of course. Now, here's the scary part. Somehow, she was able to locate me and left me a threatening message on my home phone. Needless to say, it weirded me out enough so that I almost shut down all my social media and was debating on whether or not I should take down all my videos temporarily. I decided to outwardly ignore it but went to the authorities to see what recourse I have (I know who this person is; the hubs and I tracked her down). Unless she actually threatens my life or does something to me, there's nothing that can be done. :( So yeah, lots of paranoia here.

Like I said though, I can't let someone like that keep me away from what I enjoy doing, so here we are. I see some discussion has been happening in my absence, which is great. If everyone is still interested in a weekly discussion schedule, I'll still come up with that. It will have to wait till next week though since my weekend is going to be tired up. *sigh* No rest for the wicked, I guess.

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my latest "Forever in Time" chapter. I'll reply to those in just a bit. Plus, hoping to get a new chapter out next week. I haven't even gone into my Sims game in weeks. :(

I hope everyone is well and having a nice Friday so far.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

First of all, let me apologize for being MIA for a while. My life has still been rather busy so sometimes time has been limited. However, the main purpose for being away was a really scary experience I had and some paranoia that I was being plum-followed. I hope not, but I also realize I can't let someone keep me from what I enjoy doing. It's a long story, so let me try to explain.

Back in March, I had a troll on my YouTube channel. You know how trolls are. Anyway, I blocked her but after that, she started leaving me nasty and threatening e-mails which I ignored. They quit and she left me alone for a while anyway.

Like most trolls, she created other usernames and started badgering me again - one under YouTube and another of Facebook by leaving me messages under a page a created. Those got blocked and I started to suspect it was the same person as before. I now know this to be true. My subbies jumped to my defense (it's great to have friends :) ), which she didn't like, of course. Now, here's the scary part. Somehow, she was able to locate me and left me a threatening message on my home phone. Needless to say, it weirded me out enough so that I almost shut down all my social media and was debating on whether or not I should take down all my videos temporarily. I decided to outwardly ignore it but went to the authorities to see what recourse I have (I know who this person is; the hubs and I tracked her down). Unless she actually threatens my life or does something to me, there's nothing that can be done. :( So yeah, lots of paranoia here.

Like I said though, I can't let someone like that keep me away from what I enjoy doing, so here we are. I see some discussion has been happening in my absence, which is great. If everyone is still interested in a weekly discussion schedule, I'll still come up with that. It will have to wait till next week though since my weekend is going to be tired up. *sigh* No rest for the wicked, I guess.

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my latest "Forever in Time" chapter. I'll reply to those in just a bit. Plus, hoping to get a new chapter out next week. I haven't even gone into my Sims game in weeks. :(

I hope everyone is well and having a nice Friday so far.

I am so sorry @sweetnightingale. Thats a terrible thing to happen. Your very brave and I am so glad you decided to keep posting. I love your stories.
  • Options
    @SmallSeven01 - Awww, thanks so much. :) I sure didn't feel brave when it happened. You know how it's written, "Fingers of ice trailed they way down her back"? I definitely know that feeling. :scream: I just can't let someone like that do that to me so yep, you're stuck with me and my stories will keep coming. :) I'm so glad you are loving my stories. I love yours as well and will get to reading your Dove Legacy.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale Totally get that, it's not a nice feeling at all. People on the internet can just be weird. But there are more of us who aren't!

Oh thank you :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SmallSeven01 - There are some real sickos out there who will use the excuse of hiding behind a screen to cause their chaos. It's sad that there are people who have nothing better to do than to try to cause trouble for others. You're right though. At least there are those of us who aren't weird on the Internet. Of course, that is subjective. LOL. I guess we are all weird in our own ways. :smile: Adter all, there are those who would call us weird for writing SimLit or playing Sims.
  • Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    @sweetnightingale Wow, I am so sorry that happened to you. I am glad that you did not let them stop you from posting and doing the things you enjoy. If you let them control or alter any aspect of your life then they have accomplished what they set out to do. Don't let the trolls win!!!

@AudreyFld I loved your answers to the questions. I agree with you about Katie and what it finally took to make her leave Newt. After so much abuse she finally got the courage to leave. It is interesting to see how not just her, but each of the children has developed though out your story as well.

@TheoriesOfHappiness You are such a talented writer. I know that "Blood Brothers" is the story we are focusing on for this group, but I have read a few of your other stories as well. One thing they have in common is that each character is thoughtfully developed and well written. They are not just black and white one-dimensional characters. Which makes the story so much more interesting to read.

@SmallSeven01 I love your different take on the Amazon Challenge. And I hope Piper can find a way to fix everything with Kaden (I don't know if I have said this or not, but I love that name).

I will hopefully have my answers up soon.
  • Options

It was never my intention, but the more I wrote for Stella the more she reminded me of myself. I personally have never fallen under a sleeping curse, but I do have trust issues which made it really hard for me to open up to people. I also get a lot of my inspiration from Disney. Not so much with Stella (most everything about her is in-game created). But there are little things here and there that I like to pay tribute to the Disney movie that came before me.

All of Stella’s traits are in game rolled at random (except heavy sleeper). I have to be honest here and say that there isn’t one that I like the least. Her over emotional trait is what so much fun to write about. Here are her traits listed: Heavy sleeper, Genius, Over emotional, Loves the outdoors, & ambitious

The Legacy will be indefinite (I already have it in my head what I want to do with Generations 3 & 4). But Stella’s store will have a definite ending.

I have already written the end of Stella’s story. I might change a few things here and there based on what characters and the game like to throw at me, but for the most part it is already done.

Do you plan to have Stella confess her feelings of abandonment to her parents?
    Eventually yes. Right now she is still dealing with it all internally. She first has to learn how to deal with her abandonment and trust issues for herself before she talks about them with anyone else.

Where do you see Stella's relationship with medicine taking her?
    I haven’t thought about it too much. Most of the writing has been focusing on her relationship with others (right now mainly with Brandon). I haven’t really spent time thinking about her relationship with medicine. We see more of her involvement with her schooling and the people she interacts with at the hospital in upcoming chapters. When she starts training hands on in the hospital, and not in the classroom.

Will Brandon stay at Stella's, or do you plan for him to leave to his own space?
    That you are just going to have to wait and see!! ;)
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale - I am so sorry to hear what you have been dealing with. *hugs* I knew you were having issues online I had no idea it escalated. Thank goodness for your hubby.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale; and here i thought you were just relaxing like you deserved! :( i'm so sorry that happened to you, i can't even imagine. my wife had to deal with a stalker when we first got together as well, and she was constantly terrified to do anything online or offline. people like your harasser makes me so angry... if you ever need someone to talk to, know that we're all here for you. :/

@Socallucyfan; aww, you're too kind, thank you so much.

reading everyone's replies to the questions, and @sweetnightingale let me know if you'd like me to write a couple up for Forever in Time as well. if you're too busy to focus on discussion, don't worry, take the time to breathe.
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone for all your support and hugs. Believe me, it was terrifying but I just can't let this person get me down. If I allow that, she wins.

@AudreyFld -'Yes, thank goodness for my hubby. :) He's a really good guy for sure.

@TheoriesOfHappiness - I'm definitely looking forward to that relaxing time. We've still been pretty busy off and on and tomorrow is much the same. :( I'll be out of town all day but I think after that, I'll get a bit of a breather. Yes, please do write up some stuff for Forefer in Time if you don't mind. I'll be back for discussion on Monday or even Sunday night if we get home at a decent time. I have catching up to do, I know, and I'll get to that just as soon as I can.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale; no rush. i don't think a single person here is upset at you for being away, especially considering the circumstances. just take care of you, and get to the discussion questions i'll write up for you when you can, okay? :)
  • Options
    Good Morning fellow Nookers (or evening depending upon time zones!). And happy long weekend to those in the U.S. I am stopping in with a new update to my story. :)

Chapter 45 - Christmas Part 1of 3 (haha Christmas in July!) Dakota's winter break starts off badly. :/ ;(
    oOTsgFi.jpg
  • Options
    @AudreyFld who doesn't love Christmas in July?
    Poor Dakota. And Ben acting out is not okay. I hope Leroy can talk to him.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld who doesn't love Christmas in July?
    Poor Dakota. And Ben acting out is not okay. I hope Leroy can talk to him.

Yes - stupid roll...lol! But Ben - yes. He's hurting more than anyone realizes.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - That's what I love about this reading circle. It's always been a laid back one, which is what I'm about. :) Everyone understands that life can throw those curve balls and nobody complains about lack of participation. We had a LONG day yesterday with going to our convention. Today is going to be a very laid back day, which I'm going to enjoy. Time to work on getting some chapters for my stories out. :grin: With the convention being done, at least for us, I'll have a lot more time on my hands, which I'm eternally grateful for.

I'll look forward to those discussion questions for "Forever in Time." See? You said you weren't good at writing stuff like that up but from what I can see with the other stories and discussion, you've been doing great.

@AudreyFld - I'm off to read your current chapter, :)

@Everyone - I'll be working on that weekly schedule so we can have some regular ongoing discussion. With the start of a new week, we can really get this going for Sunday, Does anyone want to volunteer to be host and does anyone have a strong preference for their story to be up for discussion this Sunday? I know @TheoriesOfHappiness should be writing up some questions for "Forever in Time" for me to answer for contribution to the discussions that have already been going on, and I'll be answering those as soon as they arrive.

It's definitely nice to be back in full swing with you all. I hope @Thymeless is okay. We haven't heard from her in a while but I remember she's been having a rough time of it as of late.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale I am quite happy either way.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale I am quite happy either way.

Me too. :-)

Also I posted a mini special chapter. Stella's Fall Festival
  • Options
    Happy 4th of July for those in the U.S.! Got the next chapter of my story up... :)

Chapter 45 - Christmas - Part 2 of 3

Leroy finally tells Kaitlin about Reid's visit
    0VtTejT.jpg
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale; hahah you're too nice to me, that's all. i'm still not good with leading discussions, and prefer to not do so, but i felt bad about how quiet everyone was! i'm sorry i still don't have the questions for you, i got really wrapped up in playing an old favorite of mine and haven't touched my PC since the last time i commented. i'll get them up for you tonight. :)

i'm glad to hear you have more free time! i hope that everything is a bit calmer for you now, as well. i'm fine with whatever schedule you want to write up, as you know i'm quite easy going. :)