Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having just one of each community lot?

I've been thinking of only having one of each community lot. Has anyone done this? I feel like there is so much wasted space with multiple spaces for gyms and museums. I'd much rather have more residential lots but I don't know where to put them. Any suggestions/experiences?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    That's exactly what I did. All of my commercial lots are in the Promenade world and in Windenburg. I have one of each. All the other worlds have nothing but residential lots. I prefer it this way.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I did this also. I used Newcrest for all the community lots and restaurants. It's so much easier and makes it feel like a town centre.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I do it often ^.^ I like making space for things like spas but also extra lots like a kids play zone and other lots not specified by the game. I do allot of story telling so i always need the space!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have a Newcrest template that I put the community lots, restaurants, bowling ally's, residential lots, etc. that I want; then I use it for a new sims household and rename it.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2017
    I was just wondering how to go about it. I think newcrest would be a good place but there are so many lots and not enough to fill them. 15 lots is a lot and I need like 4? I'd probably keep the gym in San Myshuno.

Also I don't have dine out or spa day yet, so while I will have spots open I don't need one yet.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I'm the opposite. I probably have five or six different restaurants in my game. Can't eat out at the same place all the time. I also have three gyms, each with it's own club of bodybuilders. Two karaoke bars, one in San Myshuno and another in Windenburg. Other lots like museums, libraries, etc., I have only one.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have a lot of restaurants, but only 1 gym, 1 museum, 1 spa, 1 library. There's no need for more than 1 gym/library/museum.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Does anyone have a good museum for San Myshuno?
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. I probably have five or six different restaurants in my game. Can't eat out at the same place all the time. I also have three gyms, each with it's own club of bodybuilders. Two karaoke bars, one in San Myshuno and another in Windenburg. Other lots like museums, libraries, etc., I have only one.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I have a lot of restaurants, but only 1 gym, 1 museum, 1 spa, 1 library. There's no need for more than 1 gym/library/museum.

Yeah when I get dine out I'll have a lot of restaurants. I want a lot of different cuisine. As for now, I'm making a food stall park with all the stalls and picnic tables.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I removed the museum in San Myshuno and replaced it with a Botanical Garden lot from the Gallery. I don't recall the creator, but the name of the lot meant "botanical garden" in German. I really like that lot as it has one of every plant in the game. My Sims who are into gardening go there to stock up.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    StefSimStefSim Posts: 37 Member
    this is a good idea to use one neighbourhood for all the commercial lots. I did that with magnolia promenade but it only fits 4 locations
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Meegie1977 wrote: »
    I did this also. I used Newcrest for all the community lots and restaurants. It's so much easier and makes it feel like a town centre.

Same.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited June 2017
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

I built a science museum for San Myshuno called the "Bernstein Science Center". To find it on the gallery, look under the name Terra575. You'll have to tick the box to allow custom content in your search, but there's no actual CC on the lot - I had some photographs that were taken in-game and hung up on the walls, which the game annoyingly tagged as CC. The photos are of my character Phillip Bernstein and his family, since he's the scientist it's named after.

Galleries include creatures of the forest, space exploration, and elements. There are two kids' play areas, including one epic spaceship room facing the ocean, and there's also an observatory.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, a lot of us decided during basegame there should only be one type of community lot for museum, library etc. Some of us don't see the worlds as different worlds but different parts of a huge place and no need for so many repeats. Bars and nightclubs may be different but as far as library, gym etc. you only need one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yes, a lot of us decided during basegame there should only be one type of community lot for museum, library etc. Some of us don't see the worlds as different worlds but different parts of a huge place and no need for so many repeats. Bars and nightclubs may be different but as far as library, gym etc. you only need one.

That's how I feel. Its one big city (with the exception of San Myshuno) and they're just different parts.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2017
    Not me.
    I like having different types of restaurants, cafes, and Parks.
    For example, I have an arcade type of cafe for my geek clubs but regular cafes elsewhere. I have restaurants that serves Asian cuisine and another that is strictly pizza (modded food).
    I just like having the variety in my game. I see the game as one world with different cities but I don't have a Every lot in every city. Like I only have one gym and one spa. I don't need more (especially since you can have yoga at a gym and gym equipment at a spa)

But sometimes I just assign cafe and parks, etc. because generic doesn't have the foot traffic
    I'd prefer my arcade to be an actual arcade or my movie theater to be a theater but all I have is cafe
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    Not me.
    I like having different types of restaurants, cafes, and Parks.
    For example, I have an arcade type of cafe for my geek clubs but regular cafes elsewhere. I have restaurants that serves Asian cuisine and another that is strictly pizza (modded food).
    I just like having the variety in my game. I see the game as one world with different cities but I don't have a Every lot in every city. Like I only have one gym and one spa. I don't need more (especially since you can have yoga at a gym and gym equipment at a spa)

But sometimes I just assign cafe and parks, etc. because generic doesn't have the foot traffic
    I'd prefer my arcade to be an actual arcade or my movie theater to be a theater but all I have is cafe

I don't have dine out or spa yet but I will have lots and lots of restaurants. Spas I may have two just for preference but all gyms serve the same purpose to me. Same for libraries, museums, karaoke bars, probably normal bars (as I don't use them) but parks, spas, retail, restaurants will have multiple.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

That's how I feel. Its one big city (with the exception of San Myshuno) and they're just different parts.

Me too.

If there was some way I could restrict sims from entering neighbourhoods, then I could treat the 'world' as little parts of different worlds and may well see the value in having multiple community lots.

The only community lot types where I have multiples are bars, nightclubs and parks.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like to have a few of each just for varieties sake. I've replaced some of the venues with my own, such as I took out the gym in San Myshuno and put in a restaurant that has all the CL dishes, and I put in The Diving Pelican restaurant where the cafe was near the waterfront (most logical place for a seafood restaurant), and others I've remodeled pretty heavy like the library in Willow Creek where I added a large room for kids and put a telescope on the roof of the building with a door from the second floor. I also remodeled the Old Salt House into a lounge to go along with my lounge in Magnolia Promenade (the entertainment district).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I like to have a few of each just for varieties sake. I've replaced some of the venues with my own, such as I took out the gym in San Myshuno and put in a restaurant that has all the CL dishes, and I put in The Diving Pelican restaurant where the cafe was near the waterfront (most logical place for a seafood restaurant), and others I've remodeled pretty heavy like the library in Willow Creek where I added a large room for kids and put a telescope on the roof of the building with a door from the second floor. I also remodeled the Old Salt House into a lounge to go along with my lounge in Magnolia Promenade (the entertainment district).

I remodeled the Planet Honey Pop! karaoke into a house for this one insane sim who is just a total kukoobird. She's in my family save and has two sons. One is named radiator and the other has an equally stupid name. She was like a celebrity, hence the name.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    i've been playing like this sense base game
  • Options
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    i've been playing like this sense base game

I'm making a template save for my families, so not all my saves will have this, but I want to make room for more families, or family lots like playgrounds or culture parks.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I've been thinking of only having one of each community lot. Has anyone done this? I feel like there is so much wasted space with multiple spaces for gyms and museums. I'd much rather have more residential lots but I don't know where to put them. Any suggestions/experiences?

Yeah, I did that long ago. With so little space in this game, it's not worth it to have multiple gyms, museums, etc. Besides, I like having various retail lots to shop from, so I had to do something.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I have kept all of the venues that came with base game and packs. Well almost all, I did delete the library in Willow Creek, but that's it.

There is always something that I really like about each of the gyms/bars/restaurants, that I can't bear to bulldoze them. This is why I am running out of room. :s
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Some of my community lots I have more than one - like restaurants, parks, bars and clubs. I only have one museum (combined with wedding place), library, bowling alley and lounge. I have 2 gyms - the one in Willow Creek and San Myshuno.

I tend to have one community district per hood and then the rest for houses. I like to have the community lots spread out rather than just filling up a single hood as it provides variety for my sims to visit different areas.