Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @butterfly61

I love the fact that my PC build allows me to play sims series 2, 3&4 on one PC so that whenever I feel like playing a particular series I can as I would hate to be stuck with only being able to play one series at a time :) heck I could probably get series 1 running with a lot of tweaking as well but ended up sticking that on a very old vista laptop and it plays beautifully on there..
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Last night I loaded up the game and got my first ever natural plantsim! (My previous ones either came with the game, spawned from Rose Greenman, or were cheated into being.)

... Unfortunately it's Ashleigh Du Vall and not Casilda Lane, but considering that Ashleigh is currently very pregnant and caring for her toddler niece and nephew, I consider it a win.

Plus, she can spawn a plantchild or two when I'm less inundated with toddlers. Genetic variety in generation one is gonna be good.

I've got to go make a multi Ideal Plantsim hack to go with my genetics set... I've got the sims for it I think, but I'll need to re-learn some simPE things.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess

That sounds awesome about the plant-sim I never knew there was such a thing as a natural one :)

The rest of it went over my head a little especially the genetic set and more with simPE :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess Awesome! All the years I played 2, I never had a sim turn into a plantsim. I guess I don't have them garden enough. :D
  • Options
    @JULES1111

so if i make a sim garden all the time they will eventually turn into a plant sim? I love gardening and make my sims garden a lot but never knew there was even the remotest possibility they could turn into a plant sim because of it?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @JULES1111

so if i make a sim garden all the time they will eventually turn into a plant sim? I love gardening and make my sims garden a lot but never knew there was even the remotest possibility they could turn into a plant sim because of it?

If you make them spray bugs all the time you can get them to be a plantsim.

I have been trying to make Casilda a plantsim by purposefully letting the bugs spread and calling her over and influencing her to garden, which includes spraying for bugs. There's something like a 10% chance of becoming a plantsim every time a sim sprays for bugs after they've done it a certain number of times, so if you want a plantsim, don't get the ladybug house, plant a ton of tomatoes (like, at least 10) and let them get good and buggy before you ever spray them. Have the target sim do all the spraying.

Long play sessions are your friend, because apparently the game removes the spray counter when you exit the lot some times, especially if the sim is headed to a community lot.
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess

Thanks for that info I might give that a go it's great having really experienced players on this thread who know all about numerous subjects it's increasing my learning/knowledge of 2 exponentially :)
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess

Thanks for that info I might give that a go it's great having really experienced players on this thread who know all about numerous subjects it's increasing my learning/knowledge of 2 exponentially :)

Thanks. TBH 90% of my wisdom is inherited from other simmers, because back in the day I read hundreds of gameplay challenges. Then again, I've also been playing off and on for 10 years. :)
  • Options
    Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    A lot has been happening in my game! All 3 of the girls aged up and went off to college together.
    25_zps5gu303me.jpg
    Bee (left) is a family sim & history major, Birdie (middle) is popularity & a drama major, and Bunny (right) is a knowledge sim & mathematics major. They're all dating their professors so they've consistently been getting on the Dean's List, lol. They started their own sorority, which Birdie has been pretty consistently adding members to.

27_zpsycrvudro.jpg
    Here's Bunny on a date, slow dancing with her professor. Her face glitched like that, ahaha.

I'm having a tough time deciding who will become the generation 4 heiress. I thought it was going to be Bee, but I'm having a fun time playing with all 3 ladies.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Tw1st Nice pics! I imagine it will be tough to pick a heiress. I never started my own sorority, that is pretty neat. :)
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess

I have been playing 3 for years and 2 maybe 1 year so am a lot less clued up about 2 than 3 however I think if you have completed many challenges as well that must provide a lot of insight when playing with rules (something I am not very good at-) Maybe one of these days I will make the time to do a few and then have to learn to think outside the box :)

@Tw1st

Naughty girls dating their professors to get on the dean's list but sounds like fun :) when I saw that glitch all sorts of naughtish (not a word I know-) captions started coming to mind :)
  • Options
    Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    I never really feel like my game is interesting enough to recount but now I'm playing Pleasantview, so all things are happening.

I sent the Pleasant sisters, Dustin Broke, Beau Broke and Dirk Dreamer to university. They all graduated with honors.

I never saw poor Beau getting a date (though he is my favourite Pleasantview sim), so I got him focused on getting an alien son. He discovered he was pregnant, and the neighbours came to visit. He immediately hit it off with Cassandra Goth, who had recently been left at the altar. In two days they were engaged, and Beau enjoyed financial stability in the Goth household. He gave birth to Axane Broke. The Goths took a liking to him, Mortimer absolutely adores Beau and him! Cassandra and Beau got married, and Cassandra is now expecting a child. Alexandar is a teen, though I don't see much happening with him.

Angela married Dustin after moving to a nice family home. At the wedding, the third Broke son, who had an affair with her, was heartbroken. Everything else sailed smoothly, and they are expecting.

Dirk and Lilith are engaged, though I'm not sure if I'll stir things up or not.

The Calientes have become careless in their affairs, and are pregnant. Or were, because Nina dropped dead soon after because the girls are useless in taking care of themselves. I think Dina may be following soon.

Brandi is now an elder, extremely happy with how her family turned out. Brandi and Darren Dreamer hit it off after his hopes of Cassandra died. They got married, and had the best party Pleasantview ever had! They may end up taking care of some of grandchildren to give them something to do.
  • Options
    @Sapphire268

I think your story is well interesting enough I love pleasantview and most of the pre made sims there and the various things they can get up to :)

aww poor Beau with his non existent university dates but he got the right girl in the end :) (and the money-)

I can never get away from putting Dustin and Angela together in game most of the time as they are just made for one another hopefully the affair never came to light as I think that might have sparked a massive family drama-)

wow look what happened to the Calientes very sad lol

It's funny what you say about Brandi because she is always so smitten with Darren Dreamer I can hardly ever get her attention away from him long enough to get her with anyone else :)

more updates and pics when you can please :)
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Okay, I believe the game has it in for the Broke family. I try to play the pre-made sims and see where their story will take them in my game. Right now, I'm playing the Broke family, and it seems to fit how their life is going in the game. Brandi Broke is one body point of being at the top position in the police job field. She has worked hard to provide for her family since her husband died.

Well, I play the chance cards and the one that came up today involved a ring of crooked cops discovered by her. Brandi had the choice in turning them in or getting a cut of the money. I have the family trying hard to do the right thing in life. So, she turned in her co-workers, and this caused her being accused of being crooked like her co-workers. She had to get an attorney on retainer that cost 50,000 simoleans. However, the family funds had 30,000 simoleans in savings. So, the family was left with zero in their funds. No money complicated the situation of paying their butler they hired when she got the last promotion.

Luckily, Beau has a job after school that covered the butler wages. The funny thing is when a sim family has no funds the service sim or company can repossess something to cover their expenses.

I feel the Broke family is programmed to suffer, no matter what happens in the game.

Similar to the Newson family consisting of six orphans, they have a hard time succeeding in the game. The Newsons are in the family bin, and they were the first family I played in the game. Ginger and Gavin were overwhelmed teenagers and lost all the little kids to social services. Before I played the Broke family I tried the Newsons again, and this time kept the family together. All the Newson kids went to college and had success in life.

However, the Broke stays broke. It's like for each step they take forward causes them to be pushed two steps back.
  • Options
    RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    Okay, I believe the game has it in for the Broke family. I try to play the pre-made sims and see where their story will take them in my game. Right now, I'm playing the Broke family, and it seems to fit how their life is going in the game. Brandi Broke is one body point of being at the top position in the police job field. She has worked hard to provide for her family since her husband died.

Well, I play the chance cards and the one that came up today involved a ring of crooked cops discovered by her. Brandi had the choice in turning them in or getting a cut of the money. I have the family trying hard to do the right thing in life. So, she turned in her co-workers, and this caused her being accused of being crooked like her co-workers. She had to get an attorney on retainer that cost 50,000 simoleans. However, the family funds had 30,000 simoleans in savings. So, the family was left with zero in their funds. No money complicated the situation of paying their butler they hired when she got the last promotion.

Luckily, Beau has a job after school that covered the butler wages. The funny thing is when a sim family has no funds the service sim or company can repossess something to cover their expenses.

I feel the Broke family is programmed to suffer, no matter what happens in the game.

Similar to the Newson family consisting of six orphans, they have a hard time succeeding in the game. The Newsons are in the family bin, and they were the first family I played in the game. Ginger and Gavin were overwhelmed teenagers and lost all the little kids to social services. Before I played the Broke family I tried the Newsons again, and this time kept the family together. All the Newson kids went to college and had success in life.

However, the Broke stays broke. It's like for each step they take forward causes them to be pushed two steps back.

I find it interesting that you find the Broke family with bad luck. In my game, Brandi ended up marrying a nice man named Berjes, and his job just happened to be a professional party guest, so he had good money coming in every time he went to work. Brandi is a stay at home Mom, and she had twins with Berjes - Bailey and Brandon. So she has 5 kids in total - Dustin, Beau, Andrew, Bailey and Brandon. I considered having a sixth kid, but I decided against after awhile because 5 kids is enough I think.

Dustin is at college with the Pleasant twins and Dirk. Too bad Angela has become a bit of a wild child and is woohooing with other men, including Ashley Pitts and David Ottomas - both of those affairs ended when Dustin goosed her in front of them at a party. Angela must have been too juiced that night because she ended up crawling into bed with Dirk, so she compromised his relationship with Lilith as a result and then later her own with Dustin. Thankfully I was able to repair those relationships, but it gave another reason for Lilith to fight Angela.

Now if only I can fix the glitch in that Mary-Sue doesn't recognize Lilith as her daughter.
  • Options
    @mctsimmer

Please don't take this the wrong way but as I started to read I also started to laugh because I think you may be right and I will never forget when I first started to play the Broke's and promised myself no cheating it was so hard to get the family infront and I remember the burglar came and stole their wall TV then the police came and caught the burglar and I was waiting for the cop to say we caught the burglar your property is back in your inventory like as they do in 3 and when that did not happen I was astounded as that TV was something like 8000 or more and there was no way I could replace it so I had days and days of the furious burglar memories plus they had no TV.. The only time I have ever got them moved and a much better life was after Dustin rubbed the genie lamp and bags of money kept falling from the sky without stopping for ages so I am assuming that was a good bug-)

I did not know that they could repossess something to pay the Butler so can't they just fire the Butler?

At least you managed to do a good job with the Newson's in the end I have never played them but can imagine how difficult the family would be..

I hope you manage to get the Broke's back on track or if your like me I occasionally allow them to play as an affluent family by pure cheating :)
  • Options
    @RSully94

As you can see in my above post I always find it quite difficult getting the Broke's infront too and no matter what I do I cannot get Brandi away from swooning over Darren Dreamer constantly no matter who I try and pair her up with-) I have read several players stories recently about Angela Pleasant woohooing the Broke brothers but I have always found in my game she and Dustin only have eyes for each other so it just goes to show how different our game experiences can be even with the same families although like mctsimmer I find I have a similar experience with the Broke's :)
  • Options
    @mctsimmer

I did not know that they could repossess something to pay the Butler so can't they just fire the Butler?

I've had it happen before. A LONG time ago though. This was when I was doing a legacy challenge in 2008. I had enough funds to build a better house, but became broke in the process. The maid took one of the items in order to get payment. Lol.
  • Options
    @RSully94

As you can see in my above post I always find it quite difficult getting the Broke's infront too and no matter what I do I cannot get Brandi away from swooning over Darren Dreamer constantly no matter who I try and pair her up with-) I have read several players stories recently about Angela Pleasant woohooing the Broke brothers but I have always found in my game she and Dustin only have eyes for each other so it just goes to show how different our game experiences can be even with the same families although like mctsimmer I find I have a similar experience with the Broke's :)

Angela was more of a personal choice on my part. She has Romance as a secondary aspiration in my game. A lot of Sims I give Popularity as their primary aspiration and then ROmance as their secondary. Adds for a lot of fun drama in my game!
  • Options
    @RSully94

I think we were posting at the same time last time :) Thanks for the extra info re the butler/maid I thought that was quite funny..

I like the idea of a secondary aspiration but I don't think I have heard about that or how to do it before so would you mind explaining further. I am fairly new to 2 I only started playing last year and am still learning :) Now all you need to do is add ACR romance mod and your hood will be full of babies in no time-)
  • Options
    @RSully94

I think we were posting at the same time last time :) Thanks for the extra info re the butler/maid I thought that was quite funny..

I like the idea of a secondary aspiration but I don't think I have heard about that or how to do it before so would you mind explaining further. I am fairly new to 2 I only started playing last year and am still learning :) Now all you need to do is add ACR romance mod and your hood will be full of babies in no time-)

It is something that came with Free Time. I'm not sure if you have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection or not, but that's the correct edition I have so I have all the EPS and stuff packs now. You just have to go to the rewards area and go to the aspiration rewards thing.
  • Options
    @RSully94

I have UC so I will look into that thank you. It was very overwhelming getting a full sims series I had never played before all at once at least with 3 I got one pack at a time and could learn before moving on to the next :)
  • Options
    > @SPARKY1922 said:
    > @mctsimmer
    >
    > Please don't take this the wrong way but as I started to read I also started to laugh because I think you may be right and I will never forget when I first started to play the Broke's and promised myself no cheating it was so hard to get the family infront and I remember the burglar came and stole their wall TV then the police came and caught the burglar and I was waiting for the cop to say we caught the burglar your property is back in your inventory like as they do in 3 and when that did not happen I was astounded as that TV was something like 8000 or more and there was no way I could replace it so I had days and days of the furious burglar memories plus they had no TV.. The only time I have ever got them moved and a much better life was after Dustin rubbed the genie lamp and bags of money kept falling from the sky without stopping for ages so I am assuming that was a good bug-)
    >
    > I did not know that they could repossess something to pay the Butler so can't they just fire the Butler?
    >
    > At least you managed to do a good job with the Newson's in the end I have never played them but can imagine how difficult the family would be..
    >
    > I hope you manage to get the Broke's back on track or if your like me I occasionally allow them to play as an affluent family by pure cheating :)

I try to play the game with the Broke family without any cheats. Dustin has graduated college and one day out has reached top of the Oceanography field. He makes a ton of money an I'm hoping this real give the family its first break. The family has a rough time by design.

Yeah, they can repossess items and I couldn't fire him because when she owed the 50,000 simoleans was the same time he was going home. The Newson family second time around was successful by having the family stay in an apartment until the oldest were out of college. I used a nanny to take care of the younger kids to help Galvin and Ginger when they went to work. I wish I knew bad grades caused children to be taken from the house. Galvin and Ginger in the first game got all F's working to provide for their family.
  • Options
    > @RSully94 said:
    > SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    >
    > @mctsimmer
    >
    >
    > I did not know that they could repossess something to pay the Butler so can't they just fire the Butler?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've had it happen before. A LONG time ago though. This was when I was doing a legacy challenge in 2008. I had enough funds to build a better house, but became broke in the process. The maid took one of the items in order to get payment. Lol.

I had it happen all the time with the Ottomas family with the maid taking off with something to pay the bills. I hate it when it was something from the kitchen, or a painting I liked in the house. I have a hard time finding and replacing what is taken from the house. Playing families that don't have money allow a different type of playing, that a rich family doesn't experience in Sims 2. This is what happens when a sim doesn't pay their bills: Sims 4 the lights get turn off, but in Sims 2 cars, decorations, sofas can be removed from the home. Hands down, Sims 2 is my favorite game to play.
  • Options
    @mctsimmer

As I said before on this thread I am learning so much about the 2 series but also get to read some wonderful player stories and see great game pics .. For some reason I always play the Broke's (apart from the odd occasion) without cheats and agree with what you say about it being a completely different play when not playing rich sims it is hard work :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top