Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the "Always Welcome" Reward Trait your first go to?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    Skobee wrote: »
    Nope, I do use the trait that makes your social need drop slower. Also, I like it when other sims get mad when I use their stuff lmao :D
    For me, if the interaction wasn't cancelled upon them getting mad at you, I wouldn't care as much about ever having 'always welcome'.. But if you sleep in their bed without it, they get mad and your sim auto exits the bed... Shower without it immediately ends upon them getting upset so... It kills the buzz for me lol.

I agree, like someone said above, I'd love it if you could ask to use certain things. Like click on the object and ask to make a meal or something. I know that family/friends can use things without asking, but I know that almost all the time a person knows if someone is going to cook at their house. They don't just show up and start cooking.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes, Always Welcomed is my go to trait. I like family members to spend the night and cook at each others house.
    Recently I've been putting those portable beds from OR in my sims inventory so they sleep at whoever's house if that household is short on extra beds. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I have never used it but will definitely start getting it for my sims. Thanks for all the ideas! Usually I get Incredibly Friendly, for any and all sims except for the loners, Connections, Never Weary and occasionally, Steel Bladder then as individual sims need them.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    I normally get connections first.
  • Options
    harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    i always get speedy cleaner and observant first.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I rarely use reward traits and almost never at all on the major households in my game. The only exception is that some Vampires use them in my game to define certain aspects of their house (basically clan). I used reward traits in my first game and felt they pretty well ruined the fun of playing those Sims.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No. I pick the reward traits based on who the Sim is and how I want to play that Sim. Not ever what makes it easier.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    Nope, I do use the trait that makes your social need drop slower. Also, I like it when other sims get mad when I use their stuff lmao :D
    For me, if the interaction wasn't cancelled upon them getting mad at you, I wouldn't care as much about ever having 'always welcome'.. But if you sleep in their bed without it, they get mad and your sim auto exits the bed... Shower without it immediately ends upon them getting upset so... It kills the buzz for me lol.

I agree, like someone said above, I'd love it if you could ask to use certain things. Like click on the object and ask to make a meal or something. I know that family/friends can use things without asking, but I know that almost all the time a person knows if someone is going to cook at their house. They don't just show up and start cooking.

I have found out it's much easier just to move in a Sim temporarily (for story purposes) and then move them back home the next day etc. It works on the fly and is very convenient when they need a better relationship with someone not in the home, or for pictures or videos or for things they can do they can't do while visiting. It's easy and fast and as long as someone remains in a home you can do this all day long. lol :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    The first trait I buy for all of my Sims is actually Observant. It saves a lot of time getting to know other Sims. Of course, aliens and vampires have their own ways to figure this info out but for everyone else Observant is a must. Gym rat for active Sims is also a good one and Carefree and Shameless are just about indispensable for me as I really hate the Tense and Embarrassed emotions. So these two are on the top of my list when it comes to more expensive traits. After that it depends on the Sim I'm playing with and what they need/goes with their personality.
  • Options
    SonntamSonntam Posts: 25 Member
    It's actually one of the last traits I ever buy. I don't visit other sims a lot and when I do, they are usually not best friends of my sims, so it makes sense for them to be upset if they use the shower or sleep in their beds. And if two sims are engaged or there are other plot related reasons for a sim to be welcome at a certain lot, then I buckle up and buy that trait. Otherwise I prefer to buy traits which with the personality of the sim and not the traits which are "best".
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I have found out it's much easier just to move in a Sim temporarily (for story purposes) and then move them back home the next day etc. It works on the fly and is very convenient when they need a better relationship with someone not in the home, or for pictures or videos or for things they can do they can't do while visiting. It's easy and fast and as long as someone remains in a home you can do this all day long. lol :D

Oh that method is sooo much easier. For one, if you are to do my method and just go over there with the trait and stay the night, that Sim could easily just leave you at their house, not be there to begin with, or do something completely stupid and you'd not be able to stop it. I guess for me I just like being able to go to that person's house and not have to worry about their controls. I like spontaneous things because I am not adventurous enough to try things and this way I don't have to worry about "Playing it Safe".
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Oh that method is sooo much easier. For one, if you are to do my method and just go over there with the trait and stay the night, that Sim could easily just leave you at their house, not be there to begin with, or do something completely plum and you'd not be able to stop it. I guess for me I just like being able to go to that person's house and not have to worry about their controls. I like spontaneous things because I am not adventurous enough to try things and this way I don't have to worry about "Playing it Safe".

After the game was patched to include relationship culling (before they tweaked it) it was really difficult to keep up friendships without using a mod or cheats, I found it easier just to move them in until I had set their relationships high enough they could move out in a few days and not worry so much the next time I saw them.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I wish toddlers were allowed reward traits because whenever my family visits their grandparents house, grandma keeps waking the toddler up and saying he's being inappropriate, while the rest of the family can stay over and use the beds.

Anyway I normally go for the needs traits first.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    I wish toddlers were allowed reward traits because whenever my family visits their grandparents house, grandma keeps waking the toddler up and saying he's being inappropriate, while the rest of the family can stay over and use the beds.

Anyway I normally go for the needs traits first.
    They should patch this in....
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited April 2021
    I rarely buy reward traits, but this would be a good one to get for the grandkids and grandparents I have. Sometimes I will use the reward trait where you can send your sim back to the beginning of their age, so that for premade families the children can be different ages, things like that, but I will usually download a shelf of them from the gallery and put them into a store.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    No, but Gym Rat and Observant are usually priorities.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Never tried the Always Welcome trait. Just not hot on the idea of going to someone else's house, after a while of sims knocking on my door everyday I get annoyed and put on the Private lot trait, and after my phone has been popping up with messages I get further annoyed and once again slip into crazy hermit mode. :D

Use to get Steel Blatter as my first reward trait but lately been getting Savant first, the faster skill gain is really nice and making my sims pee their pants seems to be considerably harder then I initially thought. If I think I'll be playing the sim over a long term I'll save up for traits that stop needs decay, otherwise I'll just go for the ones that slow the needs.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't know if I like it. Sims I've given the trait to come around my other sims homes and start using their baths and I find it weird then.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I tend to pick it up super fast if I want to have a Sim stay the night at another home, but usually only in that situation.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm not sure if that has been fixed in a recent patch since it's been a while since I played but I find it incredibly odd I can traverse to some guy's house, beat up the living snot out of them by spamming the Fight interaction, being rude and condescending, even pranking toilets and spamming sinks to the point where I break them, but the moment I try to clog a drain they yell at me for being inappropriate.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Nope! Only those that are outgoing and friendly. That is likeable by my other Sims. For instance if my Sim has the buyable trait that gives them insta friend by simply introducing themselves then yes they will definatly get that trait as well. I choose traits based on personalities of my Sims. For instance a loner would never get that trait or the insta friend trait either. They might get the Independent trait as well but it just depends on each Sim and also what other traits they have as well as their employment. Neat Sims get the faster cleaner trait and crafting Sims will get traits that will help them with their crafting. Geniuses always get traits that compliment that trait although no all will get the Observant trait although a few of my Detectives have the observant trait but not all.

The only trait that virtually all Sims get is the frugal trait. Especially if it is a non cheating household.

I also never touch traits that affect needs, like sleep, bladder, food consumption and so on. If they pee their pants or fall asleep on a sofa in a hopping nightclub then so be it.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2017 and had come to a natural conclusion, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top