Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the "Always Welcome" Reward Trait your first go to?

Does anyone else make it a mission to get the reward trait "Always Welcome" before anything else? I find it useful since it does not matter if you know the person or are in the same family, they will get mad if you touch anything. Understandable since I wouldn't expect to go to anyone's house and go straight for the fridge, but a lot of people do that because it's sort of their "Second Home". Would be cool to have a "Second Home" type interaction option in which it's basically like the reward trait but we'd get a nice interaction or moodlet.

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Nah, my sims rarely leave their home once there are many household members. I don't really want to abandon control over my sims since they could be using that time for better things.

I usually go for Gym Rat for active sims, steel bladder, and savant. Steel bladder is pretty expensive now, compared to steel bladder in Sims 3 with fast learner, so I only get it when I have points to spare.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Only if my sim is out a lot at other homes, other wise, no.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I just discovered how helpful free services is, after raising five toddlers with two working parents! Free maid and nanny = life/money saver. So really it just depends on the household I'm messing around with. :blush:
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    No, cuz I enjoyed getting my sims kicked out. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think I've used Always Welcome once, I always go Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry and Never Weary first, even if it means I need to "save up" points or keep clicking through tasks to find easy to complete ones to gain points faster.
    Post edited by Meegie1977 on
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I never use any traits lol maybe I should I wish when they decided sims would get offended they had also given us permission interactions, like ask to sleep over, ask to cook etc as well. Though staying on topic I've seen a lot of youtubers out of who I watch that go for that pretty often.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I understand why they made it a thing to get kicked out. It was cool, but pretty odd, to be able to, say, pass yourself off as a long lost third cousin of the Landgraab's, in order to use their home as a base from which to monitor Pear Tree maturation. (Hey, the 'Graabs got gourmet meals and some cleaning outa the deal...)

Nancy: Will Ashford be leaving soon, dear? I came home from the Drop Off last night and he was in my bed.
    Geoffrey: (chewing a large mouthful of Spinach Fritata) Nom-glom-yum....Uh, I'm not sure...

I go for the the Always Welcome trait a fair amount, especially for Sims who are advanced in cooking. I do cheat it in without remorse if it seems like it should be normal. For instance, a mom cooking dinner for her adult offspring at their place, or they come over and happen to be hungry. Or BFFs that are having a Gals or Guys night, etc. Did they ever fix it so Clubs could do it again if it's in the activities? I haven't gotten around to try. I think it should be possible to do it in all these cases without the reward.
  • Options
    ScaryMonsterScaryMonster Posts: 17 Member
    I think I usually go for Never Weary or Entrepreneurial as my first reward trait, but then, my Sims are usually workaholic homebodies... if they want to see their friends, their friends can come over and visit my lot.

I have never looked into the Always Welcome for that reason. Does it really make it so that you can do certain actions in other people's home? Like cooking and such? If so, man, that would have been useful for one of my Sims when she and her husband were living in two different houses. He wouldn't let his starving, pregnant wife cook something for dinner when she came to visit...
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Since most of my Sims are rags to riches, I go for free services. And gym rat so if they get tense I can send them for a jog.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Never had it lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes, it's only 500 and a bunch of my brand new sims are "squatters" for awhile, especially if they are collecting or harvesting in those areas that other sims live in. It also helps to get a number of other aspirations started. So far though I'm not bothering on my bigger family sims although most of them have one sim in it that was a single roamer first who has that trait.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I use the cheat code and use a lot of them but that one doesn't come up too much for me.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2017
    nope, it's actually one of the last.
    i usually get savant first
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I aim for Never Weary, Free Services or Observant first.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    On one sim, I got them certain Vampire powers such that I didn't need it. XD I'd go into the home, lock the owners in various rooms when I needed to be left alone, like sleeping, and use their house to my heart's content without them interrupting me to say it's inappropriate.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    Does anyone else make it a mission to get the reward trait "Always Welcome" before anything else? I find it useful since it does not matter if you know the person or are in the same family, they will get mad if you touch anything. Understandable since I wouldn't expect to go to anyone's house and go straight for the fridge, but a lot of people do that because it's sort of their "Second Home". Would be cool to have a "Second Home" type interaction option in which it's basically like the reward trait but we'd get a nice interaction or moodlet.

Actually, I don't think I've ever used that trait. For me, it depends on the Sim and what their aspiration is. My Friend of the World gets the Story Teller Trait, for instance. I'm just now exploring these. Working on raising the teens to get the best traits offered for them, should they do well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Nope. My sims are pretty much hermits the majority of the time in my game, so it wouldn't be useful for me.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I usually go for both Observant and Incredibly Friendly first; Incredibly friendly makes it easier to get started on friendships while Observant lets me know if the Sim is going to be suitable for pursuing any sort of romantic relationship (for example, I'd have to think twice about anyone with the Hates Children trait since I like playing families with kids). After those two, I'll go for something that will help with either aspirations or career, especially Creative Visionary if I have a Sim in the writing or painting careers, or Gym Rat if I've got an athlete or other job that requires a lot of working out. I haven't really used the Always Welcome trait, mainly because I don't have that many of my Sims visiting other houses; I'll either invite Sims over or meet them on a community lot so there's really no issue.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Interesting, glad to see people using other traits and their reasonings.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i hardly buy those traits. if i do i go for mentor, savant, entrepreneurial, and connections.
    i only ever visit my sim's friend's houses (or anywhere really) when their needs are green, so i don't need to worry about them doing "inappropriate" things.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    YES! And I'm still mad at them for changing how that works. I play rotational with households who are related, and that patch totally messed up my gameplay. Suddenly grandma would get kicked out for going over to her children's house to bake them cookies. Or my sim who wanted to cook a meal for herself and her fiancé at his house and spend the night there? Such inappropriate behavior! Recently moved out YA sims wanting to spend the weekend back at their parents' house? Na-aw!

When they made the effort to implement sims getting kicked out, I DO NOT understand why they didn't make the game acknowledge family members and close friends. How did they not think of that? Or do they see the yelling at grandma/fiancé/grownup child as more realistic than not kicking out strangers? Please...

So anyway, yes, that reward trait is the first one that I always get, so my sims can actually be social with family members in other households. :disappointed:
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I have to sort of go with @Meegie1977 on this one, as Steel Bladder is SUPER helpful. But I go with Always Welcome depending on my needs/ situation... But there are some other things I do wait on to get first now and then lol...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Nah, it's not too often I have my sims behave in a way that would get them kicked out of another sims house for inappropriate behavior. The only time I buy that trait is when I know my sim will be going to a family members house and I know I'll have them cook a meal for the family, then I'll purchase that trait but otherwise, I never even get it.

To be honest, I don't use the reward store all that often except for the moodlet solver. Otherwise, whatever I buy has to be needed. Generally my sims just have a ton of unused points.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I usually get steel bladder first, mostly because the use toilet command seems to get dropped the most.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top