Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @Hisaosaka Sweet hallway and I love the color of the walls! Nice also how you made a "rug" out the floor tiles. I think Professor Plum is the guilty one. :wink:
    @Shellbell Ooh, your Miss Scarlet is a beauty! The red/brown furniture look nice in your room and I just love that floor lamp!
    @KojiK Awesome kitchen and gotta love Mrs. White. Your room to me is very Art Deco with the black and white tiles. Beautiful!

I have to come back with more feed back.....being dragged away from my computer :neutral:
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    No one has done the dining room yet and I figured that Mr. Green was probably the least popular character, so that's what I chose to do! I also chose to use the free Holiday pack since there were so many things that were green. Oh and I downloaded a household from the gallery with all the Cluedo characters to make the photos more fun :) I hope you all enjoy!

Theme for the week: A Cluedo Room
    Gallery name of room : Mr. Green's Dining Room
    Origin id : amyybugg14
    Pictures of the room: https://flic.kr/s/aHskXcefAN
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    No one has done the dining room yet and I figured that Mr. Green was probably the least popular character, so that's what I chose to do! I also chose to use the free Holiday pack since there were so many things that were green. Oh and I downloaded a household from the gallery with all the Cluedo characters to make the photos more fun :) I hope you all enjoy!

Theme for the week: A Cluedo Room
    Gallery name of room : Mr. Green's Dining Room
    Origin id : amyybugg14
    Pictures of the room: https://flic.kr/s/aHskXcefAN

34544712743_2a451c4996_z_d.jpg
    34544712973_e56b7e3701_z_d.jpg

35224924221_7461250931_z_d.jpg
    35224924351_5cee9ea136_z_d.jpg
    34544713273_4e9f595e90_z_d.jpg
    35224924491_71606cd98b_z_d.jpg
    34544713573_2220e9c747_z_d.jpg

34544713713_7f383feb6d_z_d.jpg

34544713773_463d17661f_z_d.jpg

• Options
    The furnishing of Mr Green's dining room looks very nice! @amyybugg92 :) It was a great idea to use items from the Holiday pack as it does contain many green coloured items! The sims characters from Cluedo look so very nice in the photos, enjoying dining at the table! The type , pattetn and colour of the dining table and chairs looks so nice! The candles on the dining table are pretty for sims to see as they enjoy dining there. They would enjoy eating and drinking food from the fountain and green buffet tables that are in the corner nooks. The wall panelling looks very nice. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in whilst dining at the table. The Christmas tree is a nice festive touch in the room, and the prettily wrapped presents nearby look nice. The festive greenery and bows themed fireplace is very nice in the room. It would keep the room warm. The nut cracker looks great on the fireplace ledge and the flowers are pretty touches either sides of it. The crockery display cabinets look nice either sides of the door and they and the corner display shelves item are homely in the room. Very nice floor patterning! The floor tiling bordering the dining table edges looks so nice! Very nice green ottoman stools windows sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. The sims will enjoy having a drink from the globe bar with their meal. The festive greenery garlands look very nice placed along the walls!
    The design of the dining room looks so nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member

Very cool room so far! I look forward to getting a better look at all of them! Thanks, @Rosemow, for another fun challenge! I chose Mr. Green in the Billiards Room.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: Cluedo Room
    Gallery name of room : Billiards Room
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C86124EF535211E785053A4C1C746172
    Origin id : Ainsleyfr
    Pictures of the room : N745X14.pngdDboUMi.png02uPe1N.png8TVqvGW.png
  • Options
    The Billiards Room is very creatively designed ! @Ainsleyf :) Very nice furnishing of the room! The green colour scheme looks very nice. The type of wall panelling gives a very nice rich feel to the room and suits the room type. The billiards table looks so very great! The cue and billiard balls are very creative! Very nice fireplace alcove! The mounted fish looks great on the wall and the stone wall texture looks nice. The candles on the ledge may be the murder weapon! The type of and placement of the curtains either sides of the fireplace looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs watching other sims playing billiards, or reading a book. and keeping warm near the fire . The plant is a nice of nature and green colour in the room. Very nice drinks and food nook, for sims to sit together and have a drink and snack whilst chatting. The cakes, fruit bowl and bottles are nice touches on the table.The patterned flooring and the pattrerned floor rug adds such a very nice look to the room! The portrait pictures are very nice on the walls. The candle wall lights look very nice in the room.
    It is a very nice Cluedo themed billiards room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thanks so much @Rosemow! I almost put a "lead pipe" in the room - LOL. I actually had a billiards table I liked more but the visual static was awful and the giant chopstick pool cues disappeared on upload...SIyl5dL.png Thanks again for the fun challenge and the lovely review. You're the best!
  • Options
    @Ainsleyf Super creative room, love the cue rack on the wall,this and the Smeg heads lol :smiley:

@coolsim9999999 I like your special touches in your room, the red piano and the piano playing picture above the fireplace.
    @mancie You incorporated the yellow into this room very nicely, it looks very much like an old library. I'm trying to figure out what's on the mantel...a lead pipe?
    @carolynrosser The turquoise walls and the sofa really makes this room pop. Pretty! Love your little story as well :smile:
    @MyFavoritedesign I can't believe how you managed to make an all white room look pretty. Love your ghost, haha
    @lsnishi That's a very creative fountain you made. Your room looks pretty with the plants and the blue.
    @AmyBuggg great idea to use the christmas decorations lol. Love your sim cluedo people.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks @mannanna! @Ainsleyf, great room! Very creative how you made the billards table!

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So much to choose from this week! I settled for a conservatory because ....I like the tall windows :smile: and I like them better white so...here's my entry
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Cluedo room
    Gallery name of room : Mrs White's Conservatory
    Origin id : Mannanna
    Link to gallery: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/EDDDFF1B538011E788EC6D80A87088EA?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=oneroomoneweekonetheme&max=50&maxis=false

06-16-17_2-02-18PM_zpspbbake1p.png
    06-16-17_2-07-50PM_zpslixitby1.png
    Oops, just saw a blooper in this photo, arghh, the candles are floating
    06-16-17_2-12-34PM_zpszwdnnly8.png
    06-16-17_1-50-00PM_zpsaasc940c.png

Post edited by mannanna on
  • Options
    Sjemmie03Sjemmie03 Posts: 55 Member
    Hi!
    This is my flower messy entry for this week.. I had a hard time choosing the colors and the room, so I just went with what i know how and really like to do...flowers, plants, messy tables... It's a bit busy and very plum/purple, but i hope you like it.

Gallery name of room : plum conservatory
    https://www.thesims.com/nl_NL/gallery/34266151538311E7896266564816A8D8?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=plum&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id : sjemmie

Pictures of the room :
    http://imgur.com/Sl6bpA0
    http://imgur.com/f7KsMkb
    http://imgur.com/dI4LI7V
    http://imgur.com/LbYqqV6
    http://imgur.com/sqewnW1
    http://imgur.com/bKOd3bd
    http://imgur.com/JsIUt7F
  • Options
    Sjemmie03Sjemmie03 Posts: 55 Member
    Hi! Lovely rooms everyone, they all look great. Please excuse me for not commenting on everyone's entry. Im trying to get more involved. I really appreciate it if I get a comment, so in the future I will try to keep up and comment on more entry's.

@ mannanna : So gorgeous! It is a very classy room, i'm really loving it.
    @ lsnishi : I like the shape of the room and the fountain is awesome.
    @ ainsleyf : Nice billiard, perfect layout and great style.
    @MyFavoritedesign : Loving the all white room, very nice.
    @carolynrosser : Awesome room, loving it.
    @coolsim9999999 : Heel erg mooi gedaan!
    @KojiK : Amazing kitchen, loving the ovens in the wall.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Mrs. White's Conservatory is such a very nice, natural themed room! @mannanna :) Very calming white with green colour scheme of the room! The design and furnishing of the room looks so very nice! The plants and flowers through the room look so very nice! The type of windows used looks very nice and creates a special light filled room, where sims can enjoy spending time indoors in the sunshine. Sims will enjoy playjng the white grand piano. The candlestick may be the murder weapon! Or the weapon may be on the coffee table! The pattrerned floor rug and the circular floor rug addvrry nice looks to the room. Very nice fireplace sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing in front of the fire, chatting and listening to the piano music or the radio music , watching tv , or reading a book from the bookcase in the booknook area of the room. They will enjoy having a drink from the drinks tray whilst sitting there. The white chandelier lights look pretty! The starry string lights are a nice touch on the windows, The bar nook area is very nice! The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the bar counter. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stool having a drink from the bar. It is nice that the musical themed picture is on the wall near the piano. It looks nice how the wall separates off the bar area. Nice table and chairs area for sims to enjoy sitting there with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. The sculpture and wall bird decor are nice touches in the room.
    The furnishing and layout of the room is very nice, and it looks a restful Conservatory! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Sjemmie03 wrote: »
    Hi!
    This is my flower messy entry for this week.. I had a hard time choosing the colors and the room, so I just went with what i know how and really like to do...flowers, plants, messy tables... It's a bit busy and very plum/purple, but i hope you like it.

Gallery name of room : plum conservatory
    https://www.thesims.com/nl_NL/gallery/34266151538311E7896266564816A8D8?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=plum&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id : sjemmie

Pictures of the room :

wNCILjv.jpg
    g4NEMat.jpg
    NJGctmf.jpg
    yU7Yyxl.jpg
    ZlMLM72.jpg
    A2qZV4f.jpg
    HE4Tc00.jpg

• Options
    Plum Conservatory is a very pretty and natural room! @Sjemmie03 :) The plum and purple colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! The flowers, plants and candles look so very pretty on the window tables on the edges of the room! There many items on the tables and it gives such a nice look to the room! The large purple floral sculpture in the middle of the room looks very nice! The sofa seats look nice placed on each side of the large floral sculpture. Sims will enjoy sittimg relaxing there reading book in such a very restful and natural setting! The water feature window and flowers on the edges of it looks very nice! It looks great that the roofing is glass tiling! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows and the glass tiles whilst spending time in the room. Nice corner purple armchair sitting nook. The greenery along the top of the windows looks very nice!
    The purple and plum floral and plants themed furnishing of the room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
    Also, you don't need to be sorry for not commenting on everyone's entry! Simmers appreciate it when they receive comments but you don't need to do it. There are many roons to enjoy looking at!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited June 2017
    @mannanna --- Thanks so much for your nice comment about my room :D! I'm glad that you liked the red piano I used, as well as the painting above the fireplace :)!

I really like the windows, plants and couch that you chose for your room, as well as Mrs. White at her white piano B)!

@Sjemmie03 --- Dank je wel :)!
    Jouw kamer ook is echt mooi <3! De bloometjes zijn leuk B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    As always thank you so much @rosemow I enjoy this thread, the comments and all the different themes you come up with. Tuesdays are highlights when I can read about the new story and theme you're posting. <3:p I tried to make the whole room white at first but couldn't stand it, haha. I like white but not that much white.

Thanks too @Sjemmie03 , it is a little overwhelming to keep up with this thread and post about the rooms, (Still don't know how Rosemow does it and also have time for other threads) , so I hear you. Love the color of your room, I was going to try purple just because I rarely use those items in my game, way to bright for my taste, you pulled it off beautifully!
  • Options
  • Options
    You're welcome @mannanna :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hey all. Hey @Rosemow - thanks for a very fun couple of evenings figuring out then creating this new room of yours. Great idea!

ENTRY

Theme: Create a Cluedo Room with a Character Theme
    Room Name/Link: Cluedo Conservatory
    Gallery ID: Zevath

Pix
    vFRRDL4.jpg

0drchHN.jpg

My Professor Plum is here.

I've had literally no time to check this thread beyond what the theme was. I hope to next week. I hope you all have a great weekend.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Cluedo Conservatory is such a pretty and very restful room! @Jazztizz :) The purple colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! The purple flooring gives a nice look to the room and the type and placement of the walls of windows looks nice. The fenced lit tree feature looks very pretty! The purple flowers look nice around the base of it. It looks so very creatively nice the way you have used the greenery hedging and placed the flowers on top of it ! It looks so very nice! The shape of these greenery and flowers look great! The floral greenery is a nice touch on the windows. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst in the room. Nice purple armchair sitting nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the glass table reading. The candle is a nice touch there. Or it may be the murder weapon!
    The design of the Conservatory looks so nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
    Your simversion of Professor Plum is very nice! It is nice the hairstyle that you have given to him, and his facial hair is a nice touch.
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Catch up time! firstly Congratulations @mannanna and @MyFavoritedesign on your well deserved Maxis faves! :star::star:

@MyFavoritedesign super cool WIC, great theme - it reminds me of Sims castaway on playstation many moons ago, wish they'd reboot it!
    You're study is beautiful, very elegant & Mrs White is lovely too -do you have her up on the gallery?
    @Hisaosaka Lovely hall, I really like the shade of purple you chose & the plants compliment it perfectly.
    @Shellbell Great lounge, its very warm & cosy and the red couch and candlesticks add a nice pop of colour
    @KojiK beautiful kitchen. very creative sideboard & double ovens - great MOOing!
    @coolsim9999999 Wonderful ballroom, very elegant with a Gothic touch. The red flooring & furniture contrast so well against that gorgeous forest wallpaper
    @mancie Beautiful library and the touches of mustard really freshen it up without taking away from the traditional look
    @carolynrosser very elegant conservatory. lovely shade of blue & the white statues and piano are beautiful. Nice touch with the chalk outline too!
    @lsnishi beautiful conservatory and amazing fountain, such a great focal point!
    @amyybugg92 beautiful dining room, very festive - the green colour is perfect for Christmas/thanksgiving (& usually the only time I play board games)
    @Ainsleyf Wow awesome Billiard room, some really creative MOOing! great minds & all that, I'm in the middle of a billiard room too! I may just give up now :p
    @mannanna beautiful conservatory, love the arrangement of coffee tables & plants
    @Sjemmie03 Lovely conservatory that floral arrangement in the centre is spectacular
    @Jazztizz another beautiful conservatory. lovely layout of the flower beds & the light up tree adds a magical touch
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks for the great comments on the builds @folala! I don't know how you keep up with it all. Hope you submit a billard room; it's definitely one of the harder ones to do in this challenge. I didn't do it cause I couldn't figure out how to do the billard table.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    @folala --- Thank you very much for your very nice comment about my room :)! I'm glad that you liked my fancy red ballroom --- with slightly Gothic features interwoven throughout :D! I'm looking forward to seeing your room :)! Really cool rooms this week, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top