Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ever played TS4 for hours and hours and forgotten to save the game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    My plum laptop overheats if it's not on a desk and I used to put the laptop in my lap. How wrong was I, the laptop would randomly just go off and the screen go black. Now I've learnt my lesson and I save when something important has just happened or before something important like a wedding.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    It happened to me sometimes with TS2, but not with TS4 really since the game crashes so rarely. I save regularly when building, but not very often in play mode.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No thankfully. I got into the habit of saving often in TS3. And I've had TS4 crash maybe 2 times since launch. it runs well on my machine :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I learned my lesson during Sims3, when I lost a Sim week - about 8 days one time - when my game would Crash To Desktop! Then there were times when I be playing (Sims3) and the game locked up after I went 3-4 Sim days, losing all my progress!

As a result, I now save everytime my Sim goes to bed, or I get to a "cross road" (should I do THIS or THAT) in my game.

Also during builds, I'll exit Build Mode often, so I can save my progress (James - from "The Sims Supply" - lost a house and had to recreate it, due to a crash recently)!

Lesson is that - You can NEVER save too much! I hope you can recover/regain all that was lost.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 51 Member
    Happened to me in every single sim game. I just get so invested and I forget all about it. I wish there was an actual autosave function that would go off every 10~20 minutes, ha ha.
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。
  • Options
    brntwafflesbrntwaffles Posts: 130 Member
    I still have PTSD from sims 3 crashing so I save allll the time.

Remember when they advertised auto saving for sims 4? Whatever happened to that haha.
  • Options
    Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    I learned my lesson during Sims3, when I lost a Sim week - about 8 days one time - when my game would Crash To Desktop! Then there were times when I be playing (Sims3) and the game locked up after I went 3-4 Sim days, losing all my progress!

As a result, I now save everytime my Sim goes to bed, or I get to a "cross road" (should I do THIS or THAT) in my game.

Also during builds, I'll exit Build Mode often, so I can save my progress (James - from "The Sims Supply" - lost a house and had to recreate it, due to a crash recently)!

Lesson is that - You can NEVER save too much! I hope you can recover/regain all that was lost.

I do the same thing. I made a habit of saving every night when my sims go to sleep. Otherwise, I would probably forget.
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I spent literally like 4 or 5 hours straight building this wonderful house on sims 3. It was beautiful and just perfect. I went to world view so I could see what it looked like before I furnished it, and I loved it.
    I come back to furnish it and as it's loading *poof* game crash. Whole house lost.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    It has definitely happened to me! But I usually save every 10 minutes or so and I definitely save both before and after changing outfits or hair in CAS as sometimes this causes the game to freeze when I hit save! Often if I lose a lot, I end up abandoning those poor sims
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Yup, I have done this myself two or three times on TS4 and too many times to count while playing TS3.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    I make sure to save every 30 mins to an hour at least.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I spent literally like 4 or 5 hours straight building this wonderful house on sims 3. It was beautiful and just perfect. I went to world view so I could see what it looked like before I furnished it, and I loved it.
    I come back to furnish it and as it's loading *poof* game crash. Whole house lost.

When it came to building, I learned to save lots to the bin frequently. It's much faster than saving the game and the lot gets saved even if the game crashes.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    My game almost never crashes, but I try to save after every important event.

In Sims 3 though that happened constantly to me. First, it took me a good 3 times to try to start it, which meant about 30 minutes and then it crashed every 40 minutes or so. It came to the point where I was ready to give up on the sims, which I played since Sims 1 came out. It is the worst feeling, when you have to play the same stuff over and over again because of game crashes. So, I get your pain...
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I save pretty often, my game doesn't crash much but I definitely learned my lesson!
    I switch households a lot, so ill save then. I also can't sit still very long, so every time I get up I save :) maybe once every hour or half hour.
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I rarely lose anything because I'm used to saving all the time. It was a necessary with my old computer when I was playing TS3 so it became a habit in TS4 as well.
    cha cha cha
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't play games for more than an hour at a time, I get paranoid that it will overheat and crash on me. I have a habit of saving around 10 minutes into the gameplay or before a big event happens though, that way I won't lose progress.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    No. Never do I do that. I save often. Usually about every half hour. I detest losing ground and spend a lot of time skilling Sims in everything - so I am not wasting time doing it over again when saving takes mere seconds. LOL. I have learned the hard way over the years and early days of Sims - that it does not pay to forget, so nowadays it is just habit.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Yes! I was 2 weeks of progress then my game crashed for some reason. I was so bummed about that and I didn't want to do it all over again :persevere:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Since they have removed Auto Save (which I never actually started my games from Auto Saves) I save even more, especially with the crashing, even while in build mode building on a vacant lot...I'm now afraid with auto save gone and the current crashing and freezing, I will lose all that time if I don't save every few minutes. Removing auto save though I never depended on it (but I must have) makes me feel like if I don't save every few minutes I can lose everything.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yes, yesterday. I nearly cried. I have now enabled the auto save setting in MCCC.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I save every night when they go to bed, I have been doing that since Sims first came out, one time losing time was all it took. Sometimes it seems silly but you don't always remember everything they did, if you wait too long.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2017
    it happened the end of last August, I went on a Sims 4 Hiatus for the entire Fall - Mid Winter

Usually when I'm doing a build Project, the game Crashes, But I think it's just a way of telling me "Take a Break, your next Try will come out better."
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Quicksave key would be nice
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison