Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I just want cars, pets and classic Sims 3 foods. Eyelashes would be cool though.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    amazatasticamazatastic Posts: 6 New Member
    a tab under relationships that shows coworkers
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    More lots in each world and maybe the option to place additional ones
    The character points that used to determine star signs
    Turn on's/turn off's
    More colour options for hair/clothes/furniture
    For all furniture to come in at least back or white (it's so difficult styling rooms when all the furniture only comes in really bright and random colours)
    Eyelashes
    Be able to have multiple tattoos on the same area (i.e. upper & lower arm)
    More landscaping tools
    Cars

There are so many more I think about whilst playing the game but right now that's all I can think of, your suggestions are very good though! I do hope they work on adding more to the base game so that you don't HAVE to buy the add-ons.
  • Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    > > @NikolaiBanks said:
    > > Bring back longer lifespans, I LOVED it when I could have a Sim live as a Young Adult while the lifespan level is on epic, which was like 225 or more for adults and young adults, toddlers could be toddlers for 75 days, now it's only short, normal and long, Epic should be added in a future update, which would be very cool. Plus bring back the Play Tag interaction, I loved watching my Sims playing tag as a family, I was hoping that would be brought back in the Parenthood pack, but no one thought of adding it, so I hope someone adds it in a future update.
    >
    > While adding epic lifespan, I'd suggest to add <b>mid-long</b> as well. It could be around twice as long as normal - since in normal I am not able to teach my toddlers all the skills, and long is simply too much for my patience. I think there are more people who would appreciate it.

I tried teaching my sim toddler Denise all the skills, and ended up kind of torturing her, not letting her sleep enough (because toddlers sleep so long), and not bathing her, feeding her on the floor to save time, and still I ran out of time. I felt so sorry for her, I decided it just wasn't worth it and I stopped trying. A mid-long span would be very welcome. Or better yet, toddler skills should be easier to master.
  • Options
    misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but something that I would really LOVE if they can make it come back are the cinematic cut scenes that would occur in Sims 2 for any major events. Maybe it could return as an option where we can turn it off if we don't want it in our game or enable it if we do want it in our game. I always loved those cut away cinematic scenes that would play for major events in my sims life, it would make me happy and excited every time I would see my sims getting married, proposing, getting abducted (my favorite one), growing up, etc. I always felt more connected to my sims after, especially seeing it in their memories afterward. The only one cinematic cut scene I wouldn't really want back is the woo-hoo one just because I feel it might be too much for younger players but if it does come back I wouldn't mind it anyways. Please just think about it!

Another thing I would love back are the memories! I know memories are already sort of implemented in Sims 4 but I don't use it or care for it as much as I used to with the Sims 2. I loved the memories in Sims 2. Sims 3 tried to make a memories option but it wasn't as fun or effective as Sims 2. In Sims 2, every sim had a history that I can go back to and discover. It's what made me fall in love with the whole Bella Goth story because it was like a puzzle! I remember trying to play with all the main sims related to the Bella Goth story to try to piece together the story and it was so much fun. I also loved that there were memories of who taught my sim how to talk, how to walk, etc because after that sim had passed away, I felt like my sim would still remember that sim and I felt like they left a mark in my sims life somehow. I loved that there were positive and negative memories based on their personality types. I loved Olive Specter's story with the creepy graveyard (Side note: please make graveyards return!!) of all her ex-husbands who I still believe she killed. I loved her story with Nervous, who was her son with the Grim Reaper and adopted by 2 mad scientists who would run experiments on him. I feel like Sims 4 already has what it needs to make stories like this come back, but without the memories, it would just feel empty. Every time I try to look at memories in Sims 4 it's never organized, I have a bunch of pictures of other families from the beginning of me playing Sims 4 in a family that has nothing to do with those characters. At least in Sims 2, it was organized. You can view it as a green or red thumbnail depending on whether it was positive or negative and then the screenshots would only be pictures that happened within that household. In Sims 4, it has been too complicated to backtrack anything I did within the game. Please make this easier for us.

Another request is slow dancing :) Please make slow dancing return! I always want to make my couples slow dance and I can't. I would also love to see dancing on top of the bar table return like in Sims 3, that was always fun to do lol!

Something I loved in Sims 3 was the "Favorites" option for favorite food, etc. I would love to see this return in Sims 4 as well :)
  • Options
    misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    Also, I would love for mermaids to return to Sims 4! I LOVED it when Sims 3 added mermaids and I would like for this to continue in Sims 4. Basically, include everything from Island Paradise again lol. Please :)
  • Options
    alexa426alexa426 Posts: 54 Member
    a teen dating pack like maybe add social media and have "simbook" accounts and be able to change status. and have parents be ablate forbid kids from dating and kids can sneak around and date. If they get caught they get punished. Maybe even like have school dances. Maybe add a middle school so they can date too and add preteens to the game. so they can dance the awkward way middle schoolers do and add different school to choose from like if you go to a private/catholic school the dances are less fun?
  • Options
    nesiranesira Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to be able to send my sims off somewhere. For example, with a larger family it would be nice if the kids would just go somewhere on their own without me having to take them there. The same goes for adults. Have them go someplace and come back with different moodlets :smile:
  • Options
    KayT91KayT91 Posts: 2 New Member
    Things that would be nice (some maybe potential packs vs improvements): seasons with appropriate game play (ie build snowman during winter), more careers and jobs (ie babysitting for teens, follow to school), cars (have buildable option perhaps), expand the supernatural (werewolves, witches, fairies, practice magic), more trait options and selection (be able to have 4 or 5), more aspirations, pets with appropriate game play (play fetch, brush, walk, etc), better clothing options for toddlers, functional laundry room with more outfits (ie 3-5 everyday outfits, need to be washed or appear dirty perhaps), parents have more control options (such as scold for staying out too late/bad grades/skipping school, teach to cook . . .), size difference between teens and adults, more kids exercise activities (such as swing set, slides, play tag, rocking toys for toddlers), more instruments (ie drums for all ages, flute for child+), go to college, more neighborhoods (with choice to build), builable apartments / houses to "rent", maybe a beach vacation (builable sandcastles, surfing, swimming in beach/lake, beach volleyball)

:#
  • Options
    sweetliljasweetlilja Posts: 39 Member
    A better system for memories would be great.
  • Options
    Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    Some things i really miss are mentioned before, like:
    - compatibility. The romance system is to shallow.
    - Romantic slow dance and also when they sleep lying close together cudling. Loved that.
    I know we have the entertainment career. But i Always loved to play the rockstar and singing career. Now my tough looking rockchick ends up as a classical pianist. So please a rockstar/singing career would be very nice.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Some things i really miss are mentioned before, like:
    - compatibility. The romance system is to shallow.
    - Romantic slow dance and also when they sleep lying close together cudling. Loved that.
    I know we have the entertainment career. But i Always loved to play the rockstar and singing career. Now my tough looking rockchick ends up as a classical pianist. So please a rockstar/singing career would be very nice.

I loved the rockstar/music careers from Sims 3, I hope they bring it back in Sims 4.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    relationship tabs for coworkers and relatives! (not just family in the household but all family)
  • Options
    S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2017
    WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX TS4:

1. Ombre tints for all hairs as a extension hair button
    2.Backpacks/bags accessories button. Can collect stuff through bags as you open up your inventory
    3.Belly button accessories. Nose stud ring , 3 stud ear piercings
    4.Shave cut eyebrow detail in skin details
    5.Dimples in skin details
    6.CAS poses in chronological order
    7.Add screenshots to gallery uploads
    8.Stuff: Swings/Bunk beds/Sofa beds/Mini fridge
    9.Ladders
    10.Spiral staircase and L shape staircase
    11.Own more than one property
    12.Be able to merge lots next to each other and split lots
    13.Sims be able to craft all usable objects like dollhouse. Furniture,sofa with woodwork bench depending on skill level.
    14.Toddlers swimming costumes and Ponds can be interactive paddling pools for toddlers
    15.crawling babies and being able to pick them up and using strollers so you can take them out with family so you can have more interaction.

And no pool or roof edge options

Plus the things this my link:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919842/features-that-should-be-added-in-updates-base-game#latest
    Post edited by S1MSLYS1S__QARD on
  • Options
    "invite household over" option
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'd like to see Parenthood and family interactions expanded on in a huge way. The stuff I'm about to list would probably require TWO EPs or THREE, hell, maybe FOUR knowing how stingy EA has been lately LOL but, here goes....

Instead of knocking ring a doorbell

Couple interactions:
    - Cuddle while watching TV
    - Cuddle in bed
    - Cuddle on the floor in front of a fire pit/fireplace
    - Hold hands while walking together
    - - Need interaction for go for a walk together

Bring in SEASONS PLEAS!!!!
    - Seasonal clothing
    - Umbrellas
    - sims react to weather; feel cold and shiver and try to warm self
    - Stomp feet on door mat before coming in from rain and snow
    - - Jacket and hats sims can take off once home (place in inventory, allow for hall closets, allow sims to put hats/coats on counters or beds/coaches if no closets

Bring back crime and cops that allow alarm systems for households and cars

Improve on functionality of restaurants. I do not always want to have one of my sims own a restaurant. Just allow us to add some auto functioning businesses

Add movie theaters (auto functioning and purchasable)

Add hotels/motels (auto functioning and purchasable)

Let us go to school and work with ALL sims

EDUCATION:
    BRING THE HARRY POTTER and SUPERNATURAL EP
    If we cannot have this then bring back private schools at least (When players get notifications about a kid a school display the correct school name as players often change the names in build mode)
    - Let kids/teens at private schools come home for holidays and summer vacation (3 months or in Sim time....10 days LOL)
    - Be sure experiences are different for ages appropriately; no children in same cases as teens
    - Have class/house competitions so students are able to have school AND house pride similar to Gryffindors, Slytherins, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws with fitting uniforms.
    - Have houses assigned by traits
    - When kids visit home have parents either be proud of progress reports or discipline them (strict or calm, etc.)
    - Bring back school buses for public schools (have parents walk child sims to the bus and pick up child sims after school at the bus stop)
    - Allow students of all ages choice to test into the next grade early (could have a child genius at university)
    - Introduce homeschooling
    - School clubs and interactions that take place AT SCHOOL after school: cheerleading, soccer, baseball, basketball, ballet, dance, volleyball, theater, swimming, diving, band/orchestra, science olympiads, young democrats, young republicans, young turks, debate club, chess club, anime club and allow players to create other clubs and assign the club gatherings to specific rooms/fields within the school

Introduce functioning grocery/book and school supply and uniform stores and shopping interactions (let parents yell at child sims that touch stuff or break stuff or keep asking for stuff

MORE JOBS (ONLY OFFERED IF LOTS GET BUILT UNTIL THEN THEY REMAIN GREYED OUT SO PLAYERS KNOW THEY ARE OPTIONS)!
    - Grocery store clerk/bagger/stocker
    - Hotel/motel host, maid or janitor
    - Restaurant waitress
    - Fastfood worker
    - New anchor/reporter
    - Pilot
    - Military
    - OBGYN
    - Pediatrician
    - Vet
    - Firefighter
    - Mobster/gangster
    - Director/screenwriter/producer
    - Massage therapist
    - Yogi
    - Zumba teacher/nutrician/personal trainer
    - Government official
    - Teacher/Professor and TA (for Junior and senior University teens/young adults)

- Bikes teach kids/adults to ride and do tricks
    - - Teens/kids/adults could bike to school/work
    - Jump rope, pogo sticks, skateboards, scooters and skates
    - Cars
    - - Teens can take driving lessons
    - - Let sims w/ licenses drive to work/school

I really want to be able to make a few of my sims be housewives/husbands, but they need things to be able to do! Right now they're just chilling' and watching TV. LOL
    - I want laundry back and not as some quick interaction...sort out colors from whites and fold laundry (doesn't have to match crap the household actually ohs it's just for the process so pick random items :wink: ) it'd go great w/ the new parenting update b/c then they can yell at the teens for leaving their clothes around.
    - Parents can go around cleaning the younger kid's rooms and making beds
    - Packing lunches that kids & spouse'd actually eat at school/work and not bring back home
    - Be able to dust
    - Wash windows
    - Let sims own & wash cars
    - Mow lawns
    - Maybe even have spring cleaning interaction where the mom or day (similarly to calling to a meal) calls the household together to demand everyone start cleaning severely where for 6 hours the entire household vacuums, mops, dusts, puts back books, cleans out closets, donates old books/clothes (again, doesn't have to match crap the household actually ohs it's just for the process so pick random items :wink: ), do dishes, mow and water lawns (requires functioning garden hose), do laundry, take out trash, WASH trash cans outside (requires functioning garden hose), wash windows and clean UNDER furniture (push item back or to the side a square and mop and vacuum then put it back.
    - Let households go on picnics
    - Have parents build a treehouse for kids
    - Let kids get caught and in trouble for skipping school and underage smoking or drinking or driving or breaking curfew

REQUIRES WORKING CARS
    - Have parent own & work on cars and let kids ask to help
    - Parents have to take kids to special events like slumber parties/birthday parties/dance class/soccer practice/cheer practice/etc.
    - Have parents/househould go and watch a family member's special event like a play/recital or movie together.

- I'd love there to a sort of specified jealously relationship thingy like Friendship and Romance. Like Ii can have my younger sim be jealous of one of their older siblings or of a classmate with better grades or more money and nice things. The amount of jealousy will rise and fall based on the assigned traits and the growth is skills for the sims.

FAMILY REUNIONS!!!!
    - Allow sims that have moved out of the household to gather together with their old and new families and see everyone together at one time!
    - Cousins can meet and new younger family members can meet elders
    - The family reunion event could be for a week and the player could have a choice to plan the event as part of a vacation for all households that reside in the same world/town or not so that during the days the kids that live in the world/town the reunion takes place in still have to go to school (unless the player had chosen to enable vacation during the event planning) and kids from out of town households are automatically on vacation so no school during said reunion.
    - Have hotels be a required item in order for a reunion to be a playable event.
    - - Day1: Cookout in a park
    - - Day2: Family in the reunion visit the homes of family that lives in that world/town at random
    - - Night3: Banquet
    - - Night4: Club night for adults only
    - -- Night 4: Slumber party for kids. (need sleeping bags or air mattresses for all kids.
    - -- Night 4: Go shopping or go to movies and dinner for teens
    - - Day5: Group photos in the park while hanging out 10:00-13:00
    - - Day5: Picnic at the park and playing pub games cards and w/ kid toys (can be updated to include water parks later on allowing for other available interactions on the lot) 13:00-16:00
    - - Day5: ONE huge family photo (require a photographer) 16:00-17:30 then hugs and say goodbye
    Post edited by LexLennon on
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    chanrie wrote: »
    Yoga: yoga masters can teach yoga classes (duh! And make money doing so)

Yoga was added already.

I think the other person wants the option for OUR sims to be Yoga teachers. the clue is "MAKE MONEY DOING SO"

I think you missed my point in saying yoga was added already in response to that.

But our sims can't make MONEY or a LIVING being Yoga Teachers. Only NPCs/townies can be Yoga teachers. It doesn't matter if yoga is added or not..the point is our sims can't have that job.

I'm pretty sure that if they were ever going to make that job open, they would have done it already. There's nearly 4 months between Get to Work and Spa Day.

Does not have to be something supporting an entire household. A stay at home wife could be a yogi as a hobby...you know like what many do in real life. Many people are Zumba teachers too. They aren't dependent on the money from it; it's just something they like. So, if you have the trait for your sim this could be a very fulfilling job.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @S1MSLYS1S__QARD said:
    > WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX TS4:
    >
    > 1. Ombre tints for all hairs as a extension hair button
    > 2.Backpacks/bags accessories button. Can collect stuff through bags as you open up your inventory
    > 3.Belly button accessories. Nose stud ring , 3 stud ear piercings
    > 4.Shave cut eyebrow detail in skin details
    > 5.Dimples in skin details
    > 6.CAS poses in chronological order
    > 7.Add screenshots to gallery uploads
    > 8.Stuff: Swings/Bunk beds/Sofa beds/Mini fridge
    > 9.Ladders
    > 10.Spiral staircase and L shape staircase
    > 11.Own more than one property
    > 12.Be able to merge lots next to each other and split lots
    > 13.Sims be able to craft all usable objects like dollhouse. Furniture,sofa with woodwork bench depending on skill level.
    > 14.Toddlers swimming costumes and Ponds can be interactive paddling pools for toddlers
    > 15.crawling babies and being able to pick them up and using strollers so you can take them out with family so you can have more interaction.
    >
    > And no pool or roof edge options
    >
    > Plus the things this my link:
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919842/features-that-should-be-added-in-updates-base-game#latest

Excellent list
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    > @amazatastic said:
    > "invite household over" option

good one
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    I think it would be nice if. We could buy our adult kids a home when they grow up and say get married or just to move out on their own. It should be a nice way to do that. and not just move them out.

And you should know your grandchildren and they should know their grandparents

Also when family comes over they should always be treated like a household member not like they do not belong. like free to cook if they wish.
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I think it would be nice if. We could buy our adult kids a home when they grow up and say get married or just to move out on their own. It should be a nice way to do that. and not just move them out.

And you should know your grandchildren and they should know their grandparents

Also when family comes over they should always be treated like a household member not like they do not belong. like free to cook if they wish.

When I split up my households they still remember and treat each other like family and act like family when they go to each others homes. Maybe something is off in your sim relationships.
  • Options
    Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    Really want these even if it's already up there; just to remind EA/Maxis !

<3 Drivable cars
    <3 Seasons, Pets, Vacation expansion, Superstar related expansion
    <3 Burglars (like previous expansions)
    <3 Graveyard to place dearly departed Sims
    <3 Rooster weathervane (Small but seriously would love one for my Sims house ! )
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Really want these even if it's already up there; just to remind EA/Maxis !

<3 Drivable cars
    <3 Seasons, Pets, Vacation expansion, Superstar related expansion
    <3 Burglars (like previous expansions)
    <3 Graveyard to place dearly departed Sims
    <3 Rooster weathervane (Small but seriously would love one for my Sims house ! )

All of you have mentioned I'd so love to see in Sims 4, especially burglars, firefighters and police. (The Police in Get to Work don't do much and don't act like they did in Sims 3)
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    > @Majda428 said:
    > > @NikolaiBanks said:
    > > Bring back longer lifespans, I LOVED it when I could have a Sim live as a Young Adult while the lifespan level is on epic, which was like 225 or more for adults and young adults, toddlers could be toddlers for 75 days, now it's only short, normal and long, Epic should be added in a future update, which would be very cool. Plus bring back the Play Tag interaction, I loved watching my Sims playing tag as a family, I was hoping that would be brought back in the Parenthood pack, but no one thought of adding it, so I hope someone adds it in a future update.
    >
    > While adding epic lifespan, I'd suggest to add <b>mid-long</b> as well. It could be around twice as long as normal - since in normal I am not able to teach my toddlers all the skills, and long is simply too much for my patience. I think there are more people who would appreciate it.

why not just turn off aging altogether, your Sims will age only when you have them a birthday with the cake and blow out the candles.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @Majda428 said:
    > > @NikolaiBanks said:
    >
    > While adding epic lifespan, I'd suggest to add mid-long as well. It could be around twice as long as normal - since in normal I am not able to teach my toddlers all the skills, and long is simply too much for my patience. I think there are more people who would appreciate it.

why not just turn off aging altogether, your Sims will age only when you have them a birthday with the cake and blow out the candles.

That's what I do and am quite happy with it like that. I loved epic aging so this works great for me with Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....