Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member

I love this theme, @rosemow and @Laebeth!

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: Walk-In Closet
    Gallery name of room : Walk-In Elegance
    Origin id : carolynrosser
    Link to Imgur gallery
    Pictures of the room :

An overview

8K2F0aZ.png

I relied a lot on the Vintage Glamour Pack here. Some of my favorite decor.

j8477i2.png

Another angle. I love those wall lights next to the vanity.

Ztq3GOB.png

And the floor mosaics. It's hard to make them work in a room, but they're so gorgeous.

843A1GD.png

Ah! Here comes Julianna.
    "Perhaps a cocktail while I get ready..."

rPnVhrM.png

"Yes, this is nice. You know, I think this room is bigger than my first apartment in San Myshuno."

dwPJIFh.png

"Time to talk to the mirror. Cocktail, you go on the floor until I need you again."

dl14YdT.png

"But how do I know that the color I see as blue is the same as the color everybody else sees as blue?"

dAWPV1A.png

[Editorial note: OMG, "apply make-up"??? Is this a new command? I'm so excited!]

SdBuiRn.png

[Seriously, this is my new favorite thing to do.]

u4Xu4XT.png

"Perfect! Ready for a night on the town!"

85fqMiR.png

"Maybe just a little nap first. Where did my cocktail go?"

Vx6Dwie.png

6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited June 2017
    Everyone's entries so far look great! :)

Here is my entry! It's been too long since i've particpated! And this seemed like a fun theme!

Gallery name of room : A Lady's Dream
    Origin id : cyprinsims
    Pictures of the room :

azQfzHT.jpg

WwqkRCF.jpg

VDY2lOj.jpg
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    @carolynrosser I loved seeing your little story to go along with your entry, it was very enjoyable to read and see.
    @equuest I like the use of the counters mixed with the vanity, you took some very nice pictures and that ottoman seems to go really well with that dresser.

Gotta say I'm really liking how well those parenthood decoration go with these walk in closets. Admittedly I don't have that pack yet, but I think once I do get it I might have to make walk in closets a more regular thing in my houses after seeing how fantastic everyone's entries look
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    My internet connection is finally back up. We lost it in my entire area last night into today. What a great idea for a challenge @laebeth and @rosemow for choosing to use it for this week's challenge :)!!! I've always wanted a walk-in closet, and briefly had one in an apartment a few years ago. I have a lot of ideas of exactly the kind I want someday, though!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Sjemmie03Sjemmie03 Posts: 55 Member
    My entry.. I tried to make my dream xl closet. Lots of space, shoes, clothes, make-up and room for me and my SO. Also tired to make a reference painting, i added them to the room.

Gallery name of room : xl his/hers walkin closet
    Origin id : sjemmie

Pictures of the room:
    http://imgur.com/vcmBoL9
    http://imgur.com/OwW7MIQ
    http://imgur.com/TdDllhr
    http://imgur.com/zfK7m2T
    http://imgur.com/nFQ82yI
    http://imgur.com/UJuojzV
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    So I'll be out of town starting tomorrow and decided I should probably go ahead and make my room before it's too late...I might make another one to practice some different techniques. I usually like all the pretty stuff so maybe I'll do a manly/modern walk-in closet!

Anyways, here's my room!

I made a fairly simple walk-in closet, but love all the vintage glamour stuff so that's what I used. It's definitely something that I would want for my own house to share with my husband. He probably wouldn't like all the gold and the artwork though lol.

I hope you like it!

Gallery name of room : Vintage Glamour Closet
    Origin id : amyybugg14
    Pictures of the room:
    https://flic.kr/p/UhkPws
    https://flic.kr/p/VvtoGs
    https://flic.kr/p/UhkPFq
    https://flic.kr/p/UhkPFf
    https://flic.kr/p/VvtoLA
    https://flic.kr/p/UhkPKd
    https://flic.kr/p/VvtoQo
    https://flic.kr/p/UhkPQJ
    https://flic.kr/p/VvtoTE
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello to everyone! :) I am just catching up on posts now.
    Hello @AutumnBladen :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice that you have joined us and have entered a room in this week's challenge! Thankyou so very much! :) I will look forward to you entering rooms in future challenges also. I will very soon post about your very nice room :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > :) ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEENTH CHALLENGE :)
    >
    > The theme for the week : A walk -in closet room
    >
    > This week's theme was suggested by @Laebeth. She recently sent me a pm suggesting the idea of having a " walk in closet" as the theme of a room for one of the challenges,. Her " personal dream as a girl has probably always been to have a walk in closet. I think people would do a lot of fun stuff with this idea " and I agree with her too! It would be very nice if you would like to design a walk in closet room . The type of walk in closet room that you do is whatever type you would like and can be used by a female, a male or a child. I will look forward to seeing your rooms!
    >
    > Just a little reminder, it needs to be uploaded as a room not a lot.
    >
    > Please use the hashtag
    > #oneroomoneweekonetheme with your entry
    >
    > The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 13th June 9pm PT
    >
    > ENTRIES :

So is this like a bedroom with a walk-in closet or JUST the walk-in closet by itself?

Hello @amyybugg92 :) The room is the walk -in closet itself. I will look forward to seeing your room! :)
    Edit : we were posting at the same time! I will very soon post about your very nice room!
  • Options
    I will look forward to seeing your rooms! @Ainsleyf and @coolsim9999999 :)
    I will be posting about everyone's rooms very soon! It takes me a little while to write about each of them, but I just wanted to let you know that I will very soon write about your room. There has been so many special rooms posted today! Thankyou so very much! :)
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh sweet @rosemow <3 We all know how many details you notice in each room, and what a thorough review you write for each of us! Please don't stress, take all the time you need :) We can certainly wait a little bit longer <3
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Sjemmie03 wrote: »
    My entry.. I tried to make my dream xl closet. Lots of space, shoes, clothes, make-up and room for me and my SO. Also tired to make a reference painting, i added them to the room.

Gallery name of room : xl his/hers walkin closet
    Origin id : sjemmie

Pictures of the room:

VtIwzoM.jpg

KohGq4R.jpg

zogZ8ch.jpg
    L13PaiZ.jpg
    gCeAg42.jpg

nPsXU8x.jpg

• Options
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    So I'll be out of town starting tomorrow and decided I should probably go ahead and make my room before it's too late...I might make another one to practice some different techniques. I usually like all the pretty stuff so maybe I'll do a manly/modern walk-in closet!

Anyways, here's my room!

I made a fairly simple walk-in closet, but love all the vintage glamour stuff so that's what I used. It's definitely something that I would want for my own house to share with my husband. He probably wouldn't like all the gold and the artwork though lol.

I hope you like it!

Gallery name of room : Vintage Glamour Closet
    Origin id : amyybugg14
    Pictures of the room:

34315482874_7c615f8662_z_d.jpg

35120431466_cab1c9b0df_z_d.jpg

34315483394_10a4cd0168_z_d.jpg

34315483384_7165f1954a_z_d.jpg

35120431706_8e925f5f27_z_d.jpg

34315483614_e5f8c3070a_z_d.jpg

35120431926_0a6da41cf8_z_d.jpg

34315483934_834b9eaa1d_z_d.jpg

35120432116_4eb6e7a6d8_z_d.jpg

• Options
    Laebeth wrote: »
    Oh sweet @rosemow <3 We all know how many details you notice in each room, and what a thorough review you write for each of us! Please don't stress, take all the time you need :) We can certainly wait a little bit longer <3

Thankyou so much <3 I just got concerned because I don't want anyone to be upset that I haven't posted on their rooms yet. It will take me a little while. I am sorry :(
  • Options
    alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you for the lovely comments @rosemow ! Don't ever worry about taking your time to write your amazing commentary. I think we all appreciate how much time and effort you put into it! You can't be on your computer 24hrs just to make sure there isn't a delay! You're human after all (right?) ;)<3 & I didn't even see the Maxis fav. till your comment either so thank you! :)<3

@WrathofCath congratulations that your Cabin Eco Kitchen got a Maxis fave! I loved that room :)

--- ALSO ---

@Laebeth what a great suggestion! Thanks, rosemow for making it this weeks theme! It seems like everyone is already off and running with it!

@carolynrosser LOVE that you were able to make the floor mosaic work! I'm always trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my spaces. p.s. your story line made me giggle!

@equuest I love the way you mixed the shelves and counters, and also how you styled the shoe racks! Very creative!

@Sjemmie03 I like the idea of his and hers! Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoe clutter! omg!

@amyybugg92 I love the colours in your room. Those are my irl bedroom colours. ;) Very elegant.
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll
  • Options
    Fairytale Walk-In Closet is such a very pretty room! @AutumnBladen :) It looks just like it comes from a faitytale! The wall pattern and the silvery grey colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! The pink sofa look very nice placed back to back in the middle of the room., and the circles floor rug is a colourfully nice touch. It is nice that the vanity table is in the room. Sims will enjoy restfully sitting there. The tissues and beauty products look great on the table. Sims will enjoy doing makeup there. The butterflies on the wall look so very pretty ! The cakes and teaset are nice in the side wall table. Sims will enjoy eating and drinking in their very nice room. The clothes shelf nook looks great! It looks very nice how the cabinets and counters have been placed there to create the nook. The pink ceiling lights is a very nice touch in the room.
    The corner patterns on your pictures add a special touch to them. The furnishing of the room is so very nice! Thankyou so much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    I'm so sad I missed last weeks theme :( I think I'll build that room anyways :) I'm not so sure about this weeks theme though.. when I try to use a room like that in my houses I never know what to put in there :D your entries are great though :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    Hello everyone, if I missed anyone, sorry but nonetheless, so many amazing and beautiful rooms and not so much time to comment :'(
    @steskens love the curtains on each bed!
    @wrathofcath I love the color scheme you use for the room Two Sisters
    @illusie hope you're having fun!
    @coolsim9999999 love the colors you used and that house must look amazing and the what a beautiful family!
    @Laebeth thank you for the lovely comment! and thank you for the new challenge idea.
    @withlovejulien thank you for your lovely comment!
    @Sayu2810 beautiful room! amazing both sides, the toddler's and the teen's!
    @Jazztizz lol it happens to me too sometimes, we have more rooms each challenges that it's a little hard to comment on each one of them.
    @alifesizeddoll I love your room! looks so beautiful! and love what you use for curtains on the teen's windows!
    @carolynrosser thank you for your comment!
    @PersRealmsShadow that would be an amazing idea!

Now, congratulations on Maxi's fav @WrathofCath and @alifesizeddoll

@AutumnBladen beautiful walk-in-closet and elegant!
    @carolynrosser Elegance indeed. The carpet gives a sparkling look!
    @equuest A Lady's Dream looks amazing! love the color scheme and the placement of the dresser in front of a table where the sim can do her nails, beautiful!
    @Sjemmie03 your walking closet for two was an amazing idea! love the black walls and white floor, so elegant! The center is beautiful, with the plants and the dressers. the pictures on the wall are really beautiful...I love it!!
    @amyybugg92 beautiful walk-in-closet, the blue wall looks very elegant and the cabinets are amazing!!

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Walk in Elegance is such a very elegantly nice room! @carolynrosser :) I enjoyed reading the accompanying story details with each picture also! It is great! Julianna is very pretty! It is nice that she is enjoying spending time in her walk in closet room. This is a guide to the interactions that come with the vanity table
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-vintage-glamour-guide/#Interactive
    Very pretty pink colour scheme of the room! The wall pattern looks very nice, and the colourful mosaic tiling on the floor adds such a nice look to the room! The wall of clothes and shoes racks looks so nice! The clothes closet, coat stand and the hanging robes are niice home touches. She will enjoy getting dressed in her room. Very nice armchair sitting nook. She will enjoy sitting resting there having a drink from the drinks tray. The grey patterned wall decor item looks nice there, on the pink wall. She will enjoy taking a nap on the pink ottoman stool. The type of full length mirror used in the room looks very nice. The vanity table is very nice for her to enjoy doing her make up on. The wall lights either sides of the vanity table look so pretty! The beauty products and tissues look nice placed on the vanity table and on the side wall table. The blossom flower is pretty for her to see as she does her makeup. The statue and flower item nearby adds to the elegance of the room.
    The design of the room and your accompanying story is so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Been lurking through the thread! Amazing rooms everyone! <3
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    @rosemow @ARADEMIS212 Thank you for your kind words. I must admit that I don't tend to do too many walk in closets, so, it's nice to know what you all think of it.
  • Options
    A Lady's Dream is a very nice modern walk in closet room ! @equuest :) The wall textures, the colours and the type of furnishings used complement each other so well! It looks so nice how you have created the vanity table. It looks great! The beauty products are a nice touch on it, and the wall table near it. The hair dryer looks great there, The fashion wall picture suits the room so well! Very nice shoes racks nook! The strings of photos are a nice touch on the nook wall. The mirror is a nice touch on the wall beside the nook. Very nice clothes racks nook! It looks so very nice how the natural textured cabinets and counters have been placed to create the nooks in the room. Very nice drawers and table area for sims to enjoy sitting there doing their nails. The folded clothing and the basket of tolietries are a nice touch on the top of drawers . Very nice sofa seat corner sitting nook. The purple colour of the sofa looks nice with the colour and texture of the wall behind it. Sims will enjoy resting there. The mirror with the lights on the edges of it, adds a special look to the room! It is nice that there is a music player in the room for sims to enjoy listening to the music. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the stool in front of the full length mirror , checking their appearance and building charisma skills by talking to it.
    The furnishing of the room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Well I'm so far behind I'm just going to say amazing bedrooms everyone, hope I caught everyone on the gallery anyway.
    Congratulations @emere @WrathofCath and @alifesizeddoll doll on your Maxis faves. Well done guys! :star::star::star:
    I'll be back to comment on everyone's gorgeous WIC's later ;)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats @emere, @WrathofCath and @alifesizeddoll! Great work on the bedrooms!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    The layout, shape and design of xl his/hers walkin closet room looks so very nice ! @Sjemmie :) The design of the shelving looks so great! It is a very nice spacious room. Very nice black and white colour scheme. The way that the shoes and clothing racks, the beauty products, towels and the clothes baskets have been placed in the shelving looks so very nice! It looks very nice that one half of the room is furnished to suit him and the other to suit her. The angled wall nook with the shoes on the shelves looks great! The mirrors are a nice touch on the wall either sides of the nook. The plants feature in the middle of the room looks so nice! It looks great how the counters surround the plants. The corner nook plants are nice also. They are nice touches of nature in the room. The vanity table nooks are very nice! The beauty products, towels and hair dryer on the table and the coat stand beside it looks very nice. The items on the vanity tables wall shelving looks so very nice! It looks great that there are two types of vanity tables, one for her and one for him. The lights look very nice on the corner walls, The reference painting adds such a nice look to the room! It is a very specisl!
    Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    I hope that you have safe travels @amyybugg92 :)
    Vintage Glamour Closet is a very nice walk in closet room ! :) The blue and golden colour scheme of the room looks very nice! Very nice design of the room. It is nice that the vanity table is there, for sims to enjoy doing their makeup. The red rose on the table is pretty for sims to see when sitting at the table. The clothes and shoes racks nooks look so very nice! It looks very great how the cabinets have been placed there to create the nooks! It is nice thst one nook to suited to her and the other suited to him. The ottoman stool and the floor rug add very nice looks to the room. The golden mirror wall is pretty! Very nice dresser corner nooks. The clothes and beauty items are nice touches on top of them. The bonsai plants are nice touches of green and nature either sides of the archway. The fashion pictures of the models look nice on the wall.
    The furnishing of the room looks so nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top