Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Curious-Does Anyone Get Attached to Townies?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    Thankfully, I don't get to attached to any townies. -There are a few that might be included in the household, but that would be quite random. I never go looking for certain sims. -Unless they are weresims, zombies, or paparazzo. -They must be purged.

-But, aye, I can become a little sad, if I see someone I fancy all of the sudden turn into said creatures.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm super attached to Gunther Goth. He ages up to elder too fast so I have done everything over the years to keep him from not aging. I've turned off ageing entirely, given him young again potions, cheated his age down, and even cloned him a few times. :D

The first time I played Sims 3 Gunther was the first sim I was interested in for my sim until I found out he was married. Since then I have made several young adult tweaked versions of him. The latest one being Wolfgang in my "The Girl Who Cried Wolf" story.
    WolfgangTitledMed_zpscn17lcv5.jpg
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @cwaddell Wolfgang looks great!

Thank you. @GaiaHypothesis has also done some sexy versions of Gunter.
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    I don't have one specific townie that I am attached to. However, I do incorporate townies into each of my saved games. In my current save, I started with Bailey (forgot her last name) from Moonlit Falls....the one who was modeled after Bella from Twilight. She went to university and eventually married townie Travis Jones. All of the sims I start off playing, whether from CAS or EA premades marry a townie. I like to find someone they're compatible with, rather than create a perfect spouse for them.
  • Options
    Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    I have little to no attachments to any townies, but I do find myself more attached to the Frio brothers than most, Connor in particular. I think I might develop attachments to others though--I have a save where I play only the folks in Sunset Valley, no CAS sims whatsoever, so I'm slowly learning and developing their stories.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    @CrazyCandySims Those Frio brothers, everyone gets attached to them. Well, Connor anyway.

Kandy wrote: »
    Now I feel a tad possessive over Holly, and I feel a bit jealous whenever I see anyone else talk about playing her. It just feels wrong to see her with anyone other than my sim, as they hit it off so perfectly. I was wondering if anyone else had any stories to tell about unexpected attachments they formed with townies.

@Kandy Back to your original statement I have to admit....YES! I did feel a tad possessive and jealous when I see someone posting about a townie's life that has gone way off the rails from my story for them. I had to get over it so now I just think of it as an 'alternate universe' type thing and realize my sims are still happily doing what they're supposed to do and with whom they're supposed to be with.
  • Options
    kodachrome35kodachrome35 Posts: 25 Member
    Not really; since I play with just one family/save, the townies don't really last long enough to make any impression on me.

I loved the townies in Sims 2, though, since no matter how long you played, ugly Goopy and his ilk always stuck around. They became caricatures in their own right. I especially loved to hate Kennedy Cox, who didn't even know my Sims, but always made a point of repeatedly kicking over my trash can.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Some appear "well-made" and I will involve them in my games, others seem to have been spat out from the game's "reject pile". Those I won't delete but I won't deal with them, either, and they eventually get culled. Out of sight out of mind.
  • Options
    cursednocturnecursednocturne Posts: 31 Member
    I'm most attached to Morida O'Connell from Dragon Valley. She's the one townie I interact with often enough.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    To update my answer from when I first answered months ago, I am Throughly attached to Jared Frio (even more so than Connor and that is saying a lot) and have been for about 6 months...it's a sickness and I am seeking help (though I'm doing a whole story on him right now so help is not helping!)..

:wink::mrgreen:
  • Options
    To update my answer from when I first answered months ago, I am Throughly attached to Jared Frio (even more so than Connor and that is saying a lot) and have been for about 6 months...it's a sickness and I am seeking help (though I'm doing a whole story on him right now so help is not helping!)..

:wink::mrgreen:

:lol: That is indeed a sickness
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    The only townie I ever felt some kind of attachment to, is Bessie Clavell from SV, and only because I felt really sorry for her. Her husband is a grumpy old donkey's behind, and her son is a selfish opportunist. I had them both killed once via MC when I saw them taking turns to yell at her outside the Theatre, and she was crying.
    She just wants to play her guitar and be happy.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited June 2017
    The first time I played Sims 3 Gunther was the first sim I was interested in for my sim until I found out he was married. Since then I have made several young adult tweaked versions of him. The latest one being Wolfgang in my "The Girl Who Cried Wolf" story.
    WolfgangTitledMed_zpscn17lcv5.jpg

:love:
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    The first sim I ever made married Leighton Sekemoto, he and Sam moved in and I played that household for a long time.
    Me too, and in fact Leighton might be the only ts3 premade I've ever played so not really attached to any from ts3.

If we were talking ts4, I am incredibly attached to Johnny Zest and I have to resist the urge to have every female sim of mine get with him in every new save :p
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2017
    @ShojoDagger

River McIrish just reminds me a lot of someone I know. :D Also I've started a darker legacy with her and ISS *Haruo".

Screenshot-182.jpg

http://simchikamorilegacy.blogspot.ca/
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    The only townie I ever felt some kind of attachment to, is Bessie Clavell from SV, and only because I felt really sorry for her. Her husband is a grumpy old donkey's behind, and her son is a selfish opportunist. I had them both killed once via MC when I saw them taking turns to yell at her outside the Theatre, and she was crying.

@Pary , Bessie is a main character in a story I'm doing on Jared Frio's childhood. I adore her! Buster is not a meanie in my story he's actually pretty tame. Xander is...different in my story, he will most likely turn out better than base game Xander as a YA...in my story anyways. ;)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Pary wrote: »

@Pary , Bessie is a main character in a story I'm doing on Jared Frio's childhood. I adore her! Buster is not a meanie in my story he's actually pretty tame. Xander is...different in my story, he will most likely turn out better than base game Xander as a YA...in my story anyways. ;)

She's always nice to my sims, and she is so quiet and unassuming, she's a really nice sim.
    I'm going to go and give her a makeover.

I'm glad someone else likes her too :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    Yes. I'm very attached to Claire Ursine. I have numerous games on my machine, all starting with Claire. I get kinda upset when I see people bash her. I'm also a bit attached to Connor Frio. My first sim was a simself and I tried to woo Connor, but I had no idea how interactions worked. So, I ended up not doing anything and my poor sim self died alone. Connor was my first "sim" crush.
  • Options
    PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    Jeffrey Dean from the University.

Whenever I get a sim go to college, my first instinct is to find out if Jeffrey Dean is still alive or he already got replaced. If he's alive and I'm playing a female sim, then he's definitely going to marry her regardless of whether or not he's already in a relationship with someone else.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • Options
    PholliePhollie Posts: 20 Member
    I found I would always delete Bebe Hart for various reasons and I felt sorry for her so I made a whole game just for her (The Life of Bebe Hart) and deleted everyone else except for her household. I gave her an amazing life, completing all WA dungeons single-handedly, getting all the university degrees, marrying the sexiest university townie available and making her a stunning Victorian beach house lot by the sea. Now she's in my sim bin and gets ported to all new games to act as a townie again.
  • Options
    PholliePhollie Posts: 20 Member
    AdelineRobbins I played Ben but very differently! I made him African American and had him sleep his way around all the attractive ladies in the neighbourhood. Then he got kidnapped by an alien and had a baby so I had him raise the child and when the alien who probed him appeared I snatched them up and made them do the honourable thing by Ben and his baby. They were the originators of a legacy family which is at 5 generations now. Really curious to see when all the alien-ness disappears from a Sim now.
  • Options
    Steffstar wrote: »
    Yes. I'm very attached to Claire Ursine. I have numerous games on my machine, all starting with Claire. I get kinda upset when I see people bash her. I'm also a bit attached to Connor Frio. My first sim was a simself and I tried to woo Connor, but I had no idea how interactions worked. So, I ended up not doing anything and my poor sim self died alone. Connor was my first "sim" crush.

@Steffstar Another Claire addict, yaaaay. Claire and Connor make a REALLY nice couple...just sayin' :smiley: