Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Curious-Does Anyone Get Attached to Townies?

Comments

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    In sims 2 all I ever played were the premades, but somehow I never got much into them in sims 3.

If they marry into my families I tend to have soft spots for them though.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have been. I kind of wish townies were a little more accessible rather than trying to track them down wherever they are. There just is something nice about walking up to someone's house.

There is a tagger mod that will let you know where any sim is at, at any given moment when you look in town mode. I find it very handy when a sim invites my sim over. I can go in map mode to see if the sim is home, or where they are at. I then decide if I want to waste my sim's time and visit the caller or wait till a later time.
    https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tagger
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited May 2017
    Lisa Bunch is probably my favorite townie. She married the founder in one of my legacies once and I've loved her ever since.

I also like Agnes Crumplebottom. She's great. I've married her into different families several times.

Ruby Broke is another great one. I think she's really cute.

Oh, and Connor Frio from Sunset Valley. I've married him in a few times as well.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Favorite INDIVIDUAL Sims:
    :heart: Blair Wainwright :heart:

2. Morgana Wolff is a VERY CLOSE second favorite. (divorce Thornton first)
    3. Zelda Mae (moved out on her own)
    4. Jamie Jolina
    5. Molly French (move her and Sandi out)

Favorite FAMILIES to play:
    1. Alto family
    2. Wolff family (Morgana AND Thornton)
    3. Wainwright family (Susan and Boyd)
    4. Langerak family

Favorite NPC that I stole - I mean - BORROWED from the game: :wink:
    1. Kate Pistachio
    2. Twyla Summers (though I haven't played with Twyla in a long time)

By the way, this is just SUNSET VALLEY here. I'm not doing the other towns because the post will be too long.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited May 2017
    Not many to be honest, but there are a few I really started to like!

My number 1 is definitely Pin Yin from Bridgeport, she's just too cute, I currently try to hook up my sim with her:
    Screenshot-148.jpg
    They just got along with each other at the first time, maybe because they have some traits in common :)

I also like these "evil townies" in some worlds, like Aubrey Oviedo, a fairy from Moonlight Falls, or Salty Seaworth from Isla Paradiso, they all have something special about them :) Oh, and the same for Lucy Ferne from Twinbrook, she has the worst traits a sim can have :D

I also really liked the Landgraab family from Sunset Valley. When I first started playing TS3 when I was 10 years old, I started to play them up to 10 generations until I took the last three generations in newer games and changed their family history because they didn't really fit the Landgraabs how they used to be anymore :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I had a soft spot for Nervous Subject in Sims 2. I always wanted him treated well in the games I played in Strangetown. In TS3 I have certain townies I like, but I can't say I'm really attached to any of them. I don't really play premade sims as much as I save them to the sim bin and reuse them in other games and other worlds, often changing their personality to match whatever I'd doing in that game.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited May 2017
    I loved and was attached to basically every premade in TS2, but in TS3 I find I gravitate toward the pretty boys. :lol:

And a lot of them Bridgeport based: Matthew Hamming, Devin Ashton, Kai Leiko, Beau Merrick, Vladimir Schlick...

But my number one guy, personality aside, is Thornton Wolff. :love::love:

Otherwise, I am attached to whole families as opposed to single sims. The Goths, The Landgraabs (Malcolm Landgraab IV is my favorite. He played hard to get in sims 2! :lol: ), The Sekemotos, and The Bachelors to name a few. :smile:
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    ~evil laughter~ hehehehe...

It's probably a bit creepy but I tend to like River McIrish (in YA form) from Sunset Valley... ~peers around to see if @CravenLestat reacts. :D Hmmm...maybe I'm safe... :D

Screenshot-105.jpg

Lucky me...no explosions... :D

Io_Anger_profile.jpg

I love River, too! She's definitely my fave townie in SV! I even have a game where she & Sandi are married & have about 20 kids, the "McIrish Clan". Plus I saved some of her girls into their own household & put them into other towns. So I guess you could say that's a bit "attached". I don't get jealous of other what players do with River, tho; I'm not that attached... ;)

My 2nd fave townie from SV is Ayesha Ansari...I've not played her, but I enjoy seeing what she's up to around town.
    In one game I saw her out on a date with....Monika Morris. (IKR)
    Then Tori Kimora sees them & gets mad & breaks up with Ayesha. ..
    Okay so...she was dating two of her roommates...at the same time...nice one, Ayesha! Lols
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    EDIT: @LaBlue0314 Alexander French :s I like your list but always found him weird.

What caused me to like him was something he did in two different game saves.

In the first game save I was playing a young adult female whom also was a celebrity. He and Ricky Bailey were the two celebrities that loved to stalk outside her apartment. The young woman I was playing loved to do everything outside, and that included gardening. She was a very social creature as well, and wanted to make a few friends, no matter who they were. She and Alexander really clicked, and eventually they were married. They later had a very cute little girl together. At the time I was not playing with any mods, and on one of her trips to China she was killed. It was that weird glitch that kills off a sim in travel. Anyways I went back to Bridgeport, because I had lost my sim. When I found him he was grieving over the loss of his wife. What struck me with him was the way he was going on about it. Even after the negative moodlet of death was over and gone, he was still crying over his wife.

In the other game save that really clinched it for me to in liking this guy. I was again playing another young adult female, and she happened to enter the bar where he was working at. Every time she walked in he would stop mixing the drinks just to hang out with her. Later on he changed jobs and became a bouncer. Again when she would enter his place of employment, he would stop his job, and socialize with her, meaning no one could enter past his ropes he was standing at. lol He would always let her pass, with just a little sweet talk on her part.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    All this SV sim talk since the dawn of time nobody ever never mentions Annabelle Oinkslopes like she does not count. :rage: Dead girls need love too.

Screenshot-6472_zps7xew1qps.jpg

That is like naming the best looking Al Simhara sims and not one mention of Naima Hakim :( Deceased townies have feelings too.

@Huiiie_07 Agree on Pin Yin :love: and Nancy Landgraab who is twice as lovely at Young Adult :kissing_heart:

14ipt3q.jpg

1e06mh.jpg

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited May 2017
    @CravenLestat
    Ooh I forgot about Annabelle! But she's a ghost when you load the game, and by the way the way she looks as a ghost, you'd never guess the beauty hiding under all that ectoplasm!
    I think that's why she gets overlooked so much.

I had a sim dating her (she was still a ghost) and after I saw her revived....well a lady like that was really way out of my loser sim's league, but they were very much in love. And to think that SV's living women would barely even give him the time of day...the "loser" was the winner in the end after all. ;)
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I do get attached to townies too!
    I have at least 2 favorites in every EA world, and I like not only the 'pretty' ones, but I also love the ones most people would find ugly or unpleasant, I don't know... I love them for their quirkiness I guess haha
    Oh, and I also love dead sims and NPCs too, like Tragic Clown and Lolita Goth or Jane March or Autumn Cusack from Sunset Valley <3

The only time I got kinda possessive it's when someone else it's doing it first... I don't mind sharing, but I don't like it when someone tries to get all the cake!
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I was very attached to Mortimer Goth from the first time I saw him age up when I first started playing the game. For several years, he was either played, married into my active household or placed in the town even though the rest of the townies had been totally annihilated. I think my last 3 or 4 saves are the only times I haven't had him somewhere in my game.
  • Options
    Esperona wrote: »
    I do get attached to townies too!
    I have at least 2 favorites in every EA world, and I like not only the 'pretty' ones, but I also love the ones most people would find ugly or unpleasant, I don't know... I love them for their quirkiness I guess haha
    Oh, and I also love dead sims and NPCs too, like Tragic Clown and Lolita Goth or Jane March or Autumn Cusack from Sunset Valley <3

The only time I got kinda possessive it's when someone else it's doing it first... I don't mind sharing, but I don't like it when someone tries to get all the cake!

Same here, I don't like it when all my favorites get grabbed up in Story Progression before my sim gets the pick of the litter. ;)
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    In Sims 1 I played a combination of in-game Sims and ones I created, but no townies if by that you mean service-type Sims. In Sims 2 and Sims 4 I play(ed) about 95% Sims I created myself. For some odd reason, in the Sims 3 I almost exclusively played the households already populating the worlds. I will confess to taking many of them into CAS for customizing, but I think the worlds are just so big that the thought of trying to populate them with all of my own Sims is boggling. I like to play multiple households in rotation so that I have more building and customizing options to play with.

It always amazes me when I shift into a world I haven't played for a while: as I rotate through the households, I recognize them immediately. I know who they are and why they are and the stories I have planned for them. I have two large-size recipe card holders jammed with Sims families (one card per family) and separators labeled with the world's name, the date it was created, and so forth.

Oh my. I do enjoy my Sims 3 worlds and households sooo much. :blush:
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @ShojoDagger :love: Annabelle... You get my awesome and all you do is take off her glasses give her any hairstyle that is it.She is soo cute

2 Steps

1:Took off her glasses
    2 Pick any hairstyle

Done

29dvn7l.jpg

A few Annabelle shots

Screenshot-6599_zpsfgmxk4pg.jpg

Screenshot-4831_zpswjzb5y5a.jpg

Screenshot-5895_zpse4c6dfbu.jpg

Screenshot-5897_zpswgoeqcae.jpg

Annabelle cosplaying Velma from Scooby Doo

Screenshot-5887_zpsvdq5bcir.jpg

80s Annabelle

Screenshot-6687_zps8grmot3a.jpg

But hey let's pretend Annabelle does not count when mentioning SV :rage:

@Esperona You get my awesome too,naming SV faves who do you say?? Lolita Goth.. :flushed: Someone who gives love to ghosts.

My 2 favorite SV sims are both ghosts Annabelle and Lolita

Lolita below for those not familiar with her revived ghost beauty.

Screenshot-184_zpskqfv3vy4.jpg

For @Huiiie_07 Pin Yin

Screenshot-5900_zpstfm8brsg.jpg

Screenshot-5902_zps0bo5wqoo.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    > @Mikezumi said:
    > I was very attached to Mortimer Goth from the first time I saw him age up when I first started playing the game. For several years, he was either played, married into my active household or placed in the town even though the rest of the townies had been totally annihilated. I think my last 3 or 4 saves are the only times I haven't had him somewhere in my game.

Right there with you.

I first became attached to Mortimer from a very early game when I was looking closely at anyone in the park one night around 10 PM. I was hoping to find some eligible male sim for my sim to socialize with (back then I was so inept at the social interactions and how to advance a friendship). Instead the only sim in the park was this lonely looking boy hanging out on the swings. I felt so sorry for him - that his parents had abandoned him and left him unprotected so late. (It reminded me of a scene from the second season of BtVS where Drusilla comes upon a little boy in the park. She is about to drink from him and probably kill him when Angel comes along and saves him.) From that point on I kept an eye out for Mortimer. He is so cute and noticeable in his red and white shirt and rain boots.

When I started playing with my main character as a little girl I would try to befriend him at school and to eventually marry him (drat that Bella Bachelor, Sandi French, Darlene Bunch, Kaylynn Langerak and any other sim that stole him away). Even when my sim had a family with someone else I always kept an eye out for Mortimer to make sure he was happy. If he was in a relationship I would at some point switch households to his for a brief time to fix any problems. If he was unattached I would often invite him into my sims household until I had his life going better, finding him someone and moving them out on their own.

When I played my legacy (following the rules) my founder married Connor Frio but my second generation heiress married Mortimer (it was a May-December marriage). Mortimer put his stamp on the 3rd generation heir, Gunther (named after his father). One of his inherited features was a slightly narrow jaw. When Gunther married their really narrow jawed butler the 4th gen heiress, Kate, and her younger brother had very narrow jaws. I was looking around through the townies for a sim with a square jaw when I found Marty Keaton living alone. He had been a vampire from the beginning of the game and had outlived his wife and child. He got brought into to the family for Kate and their children got his jaw. Kate and Marty were one of my favorite couples. I never realized how much fun the neurotic trait could be until playing him. From that game Marty became a favorite too, although I mostly use a saved version of him to create my own sim because I don't like breaking up couples. I always keep his traits though.

Those are just my SV favorites.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited May 2017
    Kandy wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone here got super attached to any sims 3 townies? For me, it was Holly Alto-her romance w/ my sim blossomed after my sim got pregnant with her child, then her kind-of boyfriend broke up with her. Holly was their neighbor, and hey quickly became friends. I didn't intend for them to ever get in a relationship, but it just sort of... naturally progressed that way. They were honestly a perfect match <3

Now I feel a tad possessive over Holly, and I feel a bit jealous whenever I see anyone else talk about playing her. It just feels wrong to see her with anyone other than my sim, as they hit it off so perfectly. I was wondering if anyone else had any stories to tell about unexpected attachments they formed with townies.

I've been Simming for 14 years and I still haven't grasped the difference between an NPC and a townie (lol)
    Oh heck yes I get attached to them. One of the only reasons I'm running out of room in my game is because I refuse to delete any pre-fabs.

My absoulute favorites are the BFF's. (Liberty Lee in particular)

ETA woops! One of the pitfalls of using the recent discussion tab (sometimes I forget to look to see what forum I'm actually posting in)...so ummm ignore the Liberty Lee part :blush:

I never deleted pre-fabs in TS3 either but for some odd reason I didn't have the same connection with the townies in TS3 as I did in the other games.
    Post edited by Uzone27 on
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    @CravenLestat
    Yes! Lolita! I love the makeover you gave her! so pretty <3!
    I wish I could share pics of her in my game too! last time I resurrected her with Jamie(she was a witch) and I had some plans with them and the son Jamie had with Grimm Reaper haha, basically I was going to steal the Goth Manor from... well the current Goths and then I was going to take everyone on a journey meeting all the Goths on all the EA worlds for no reason! >:)
    I've seen you like Odessa Cross and Constance Shelley, right? they're part of my favorites too! :)

Honestly, I could be here all day talking about all the townies I like haha
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    @CravenLestat Annabelle was one of the ghosts my witch raised as a zombie to complete his LTW. She went on to date one of his sons because I liked her so much. They broke up though, which was my fault. He was a werewolf and I had him nuzzle another werewolf, thinking it was a friendly interaction. It was not. c': I later got a popup saying he'd been found cheating and they broke up. I'm thinking I'll be getting them back together in the future though. She can't stay mad forever.... hopefully.

I love your Velma cosplay of her btw! It's perfect.
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Annabelle was one of the ghosts my witch raised as a zombie to complete his LTW. She went on to date one of his sons because I liked her so much. They broke up though, which was my fault. He was a werewolf and I had him nuzzle another werewolf, thinking it was a friendly interaction. It was not. c': I later got a popup saying he'd been found cheating and they broke up. I'm thinking I'll be getting them back together in the future though. She can't stay mad forever.... hopefully.

I love your Velma cosplay of her btw! It's perfect.

@AfterMidnight She is still there and not going anywhere.MARCH OUT TO THE GRAVEYARD AND WIN HER HEART BACK :rage:

How dare he nuzzle some hairy beast when he has Annabelle :(

@Esperona I wanna see :love: Yes hurry and build up to a member you are close. :o

@bekkasan Has tons of Annabelle pics she used her forever as her main sim <3 and had triplet babies even had her first ghost baby with her too.Was a girl.Share some Bekkasan.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    I do alot tbh but I don't know why but i always ended up getting attach to a few of them.
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'm super attached to Gunther Goth. He ages up to elder too fast so I have done everything over the years to keep him from not aging. I've turned off ageing entirely, given him young again potions, cheated his age down, and even cloned him a few times. :D
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I can get attatched to my townies in my legacies as they're often other families I moved into my towns as a backdrop to my population though I still have to play them just like any other family.I do have some townie households in my library to add to my town to serve as social workers who can do things like tell families to apply for welfare or take an unwanted baby away from it's birth mum after she asked them to take the child.They can also collect children of the adults died or the child is being abused.I would have to play that household to get them to act in that case though.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    wapakkwapakk Posts: 12 New Member
    I easily get attached to bad boy looking sims like Zac Whipsnake and Beau Merrick. I like them so much I have a regular habit making them "try for baby" to as many women as possible to spread their bad boy genes to the next generation.