Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Landon Legacy - 1.18 - Bridal Obligations [Updated 11.27.17]

Comments

• Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Poor Willow. It must be awful to experience what she has gone through. At least she has all of her friends to help.

And Topher :cry: I'll hug you! I mean if Willow wasn't already dating Topher, I'd be indifferent about it, but I feel bad knowing they're hugging all like that when Willow is taken. Ya know? :(

Yeah, poor Will had quite the hand dealt to her.:(

I know, Christopher is all sad looking down at Jay and Will while theyre hugging. Poor guy. To be fair to them, though, the hug is platonic.

Wait it is? That looks like the romantic hug for when they're sitting. Unless you just mean story wise.

Oh I meant in the story. Its the snuggle interaction in game. This is why I need to learn how to make poses. Every pose i found was more intimate than this imo. Lol
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    Oh no
    oh no
    I am weak to the uniform
    oh mercy me, I do declare Jay's giving me the vapors
    My loyalty to my ship shouldn't be this fragile but he's a cop -aggressively fans self-

But oh boy oh boy, time to see the mystery murder man :#Is it weird I'm imagining Willow smashing through the one way mirror and sucker punching the guy

A good looking man in uniform is hard to resist. :) Poor Willopher is taking on water and nothing has even happened yet well except that Christopher saw them hugging

Can you imagine if Willow went full hulk on him. Poor Jay would just be left there face palming.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I'm so worried about who is going to be behind that glass. He seemed worried about her even laying eyes on the guy. At least we know most of the characters aren't options because she was with them when she got the call. Please please don't let it be her friends' father. That I cannot handle. Hopefully it'll be some other rando who gets introduced then explained. *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    I'm so worried about who is going to be behind that glass. He seemed worried about her even laying eyes on the guy. At least we know most of the characters aren't options because she was with them when she got the call. Please please don't let it be her friends' father. That I cannot handle. Hopefully it'll be some other rando who gets introduced then explained. *crosses fingers*

You're so right. Willow would not handle it being someone she knows and trusts very well at all, and Jay is worried about her seeing him.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    This weekend and week has been really busy for me. I moved into my house last September and just now got around to unpacking my closet (Yup, I'm not a procrastinator. No way) and I am working on the spare bedroom's closet now. In the process of organizing my closet I BROKE IT, but it's fixed now. Anyways, the whole point of this ramble is to give every one a heads up that the update will not be tonight. I am going to hopefully finish writing tonight and post it tomorrow, unless something else happens. :smiley:
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So I am taking pictures for the next chapter and Jay makes this face. :D
    qNYKcig.png
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oh dear :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Previous Chapter
    Chapter Eleven: Monster

vGu4rff.png

Newcrest was 20 minutes from Channelside by car. It only took me one minute to realize that letting my mind wander right now was dangerous. I tried to preoccupy myself with all the gizmos Jay’s squad car had, after all it was my first time in a cop car, but there was still a nagging present in the back of my mind. So, I waited for Jay to break the silence. He hated silence.

By the third minute I was certain I was losing my mind, “So, why didn’t you tell me that you were a police officer?”

He shrugged, “You didn’t ask and… well, I’m assigned to your parent’s case.”

“Shouldn’t that be a reason to tell me instead of a reason not to?”

“I’m not supposed to disclose ongoing investigations with family members, Willow. If you knew I was on the case I thought you might ask me for information -” He laughed, correcting himself, “Well, I guess now I know you would ask me for information and I knew I would have told you.”

ZcXokLX.png

His reasoning was sound, but it didn’t stop the ping of annoyance. He had every right to put his career before me - I was his ex, barely even a friend anymore - but I couldn’t deny that I wanted his allegiance to me to be more important than his allegiance to the force. It was selfish, so I tried to bury it, “Are you a detective?”

Jay shook his head slowly, “Not yet.”

“Then what do you do on my parent’s case?”

“You’ve met Detective Creed before. I’m his partner, more like assistant really. I handle evidence, get to sit in while he questions people sometimes. Newcrest gets more violent crime than Willow Creek. That’s why they called us in, but still a double homicide is -” Jay’s explanation came to a grinding halt when he glanced in my direction.

My face was scrunched up like I had sucked on a lemon, “Did you see them?”

“I was called to the scene. Yes.”

“Was it bad?” Mr. Dale had been the one to identify their bodies. The funeral had been closed casket. I had never seen what remained of my parent’s after that night.

“There was, um… there was significant amounts of decomposition by the time… No, it wasn’t, Will. Your mother was shot in chest, your father in stomach. You know that though…. But um, it wasn’t bad.”

1Ac2iER.png

He was lying. He had always been a bad liar. I glanced out the window, watching as trees turned into buildings, when an imagine of my family home the night I had arrived popped into my mind. It had been spotless, “Do you know who cleaned my house?”

“I did - well, the department did. I asked if I could clean up the crime scene after all we were done. A few of the guys helped out.”

“Why?”

“I knew this was going to be hard on you. You didn’t need to see that on top of it all.”

I paused, unsure how to respond except with a simple, “Thank you.”

The words hardly seemed enough, but Jay smiled and in that moment I felt like maybe I could handle this with Jay beside me.

NAQy3gU.png

The precinct came into view, decimating the fleeting feeling of security. I was out of the vehicle before Jay had even finished parking. I had no idea where I was going, but my feet moved on their own: through double doors and into the lobby. I had always imagined a police department would be bustling; officers running around, criminals being booked, the hum of conversation drifting through corridors. Instead there was the screeching of a toddler and a lone lady manning the front desk. Her eyebrows were knitted, but she smiled at me, “Hello, did you need help?”

FTA5Kq7.png

Jay’s warmth filled the cool air beside me, a hand coming to rest on my shoulder, “She is with me, Maxine.”

Maxine seemed surprised, red lips forming a perfect O, but she recovered quickly, requesting his assistance, “Jay, do you think you could watch Kylie until Child Protective Services comes? I can’t calm the poor thing down.”

“I’m in the middle of something, Maxine.”

Maxine’s eyes swept over me then back to Jay. She looked unconvinced, “Mhm.” She wheeled backwards, revealing a dark haired girl, the source of the screams, sprawled underneath her desk, “She’s not being booked, and you are off-duty. So, please, tell me what are you bringing that pretty young thing into the back for that can’t be done with this baby?”

I felt my face flush, but Jay simply snorted at her, “Do you really think I would take a date here to hook up with them? That would be -”

Hk2jI5P.png

“Dumb,” She finished for him, “You know what else would be dumb? Taking a civilian on a tour without authorization.”

“Alright, alright,” Jay raised his hands in mock surrender, “I’ll take her.”

The relief on Maxine’s face was instantaneous, “Oh, thank the Maker. You’re a natural with children. I don’t know how you do it, they all hate me.”

“Yeah, that’s probably because you stick them under your desk and ignore them.” Jay grumbled under his breath, just loud enough for me to hear. I couldn’t help the small smile that made its way onto my lips as Jay scooped the girl up. She looked no older than two. Jay began to bounce her on his hip, and her wails calmed to sniffles. Within seconds her hand found its way into her mouth, muffling any further sounds she made. Jay was an only child, like me, but Maxine wasn’t lying when she said he had a way with children.

58hJDzr.png

Once Kylie had settled down, Jay led me to the left of Maxine - past a half dozen desks that were all currently unoccupied - until we came to a narrow hallway lined with with large windows on either side. I peered into one as we passed, expecting to see the star lit sky. Instead there was a rusty table with a couple of chair on either side of it.

The realization that the man who killed my family was behind one of these windows hit me. My stomach twisted, and Jay’s free hand steadied me as he voiced his concern, “We can turn around. You don’t have to do this right now. I don’t think this will help you, Will. I think it might make it -”

“I want to see him.” No matter how sick I felt my resolve wouldn’t be broken. I had to know who he was. Jay frowned but stepped backwards, allowing me access to the window he had stopped in front of.

Inside was a skinny thing, dark hair unkempt, a beat up tank top hanging limply from his frame. He was sitting directly across from the detective questioning him, directly across from me, but his face was buried in his arms. He stayed like that for sometime. When he finally adjusted himself in his seat I caught his brown eyes with my own. It was just a second, but it was long enough.

PcDXvyb.png

Long enough for me to take in his sunken cheeks. His red, glossy eyes. He was young - too young - and I took a step back, eyebrows furrowed, “This isn’t funny, Jay. That kid looks like he’s sixteen. I swear to the Maker if this was your lame attempt at -”

“He’s fifteen.”

I paused, taking in Jay’s expression. In all the years I had known him he was rarely serious; always had a smile playing on his lips - a smirk, really - and a glint in his eyes that betrayed his impish nature.

Not now.

Now he was resolute.

h1cBdfU.png

“No. No, no, no.” I shook my head, “There’s got to be a mistake. You must have made a mistake.”

“Will -”

“No! You’re making a mistake. Let this poor kid go. You’ve got the wrong person, Jay. Surely you can see that! How could he - he’s couldn’t possibly -”

I didn’t realize I was yelling until Jay grabbed me by my arm, hurrying me into the adjacent interrogation room. The door clicked shut behind us. Kylie began to cry. I paced, hands shaking, confusion sending doubt rapid firing through my mind.

gpYIS2f.png

It couldn’t be him. Not that defeated child with the tear stained cheeks, his face gaunt and twisted with sorrow. How could he have had the strength to overpower my father? The man who had protected me my whole life. What reason could that kid possibly have to end my mother’s life? Why was he even there in the first place? It didn’t make sense. Nothing made sense.

The man who had killed my parent’s was a monster, and what I had seen in that room was not a monster.

I spin around to face him, the whole world unsteady and shifting out from under me. Jay is speaking but I don’t hear his words, nor do I care to, “How do you know it was him? What evidence do you have?”

jHnWLWk.png

“Will. He confessed. He came in and he confessed.”

“He just waltzed right in and said he murdered my parents?”

Jay sighed, “Not exactly. He came in with Kylie. Said he needed to file a report. We didn’t think the report was going to be a written confession to murder.”

“He came in with her?” Their hair was the same shade of brown.

“His sister.” Jay clarified.

My fingernails bit sharply into my palms as I clenched and unclenched my hands repeatedly, “He’s lying then.”

“Will, he’s not -”

my6dcAO.png

“He has to be lying! If you’re so sure he’s not, where is your proof?” I’m shouting again, not completely in control of my volume.

Jay looks torn, but his eyes never leave my face. Instead of responding he crosses the room, pulls out a chair. The metal scraps against the concrete floor. He doesn’t take a seat. Instead he holds my gaze, as if waiting for something - waiting for me. I comply.

gQsbsyM.png

“Willow, I will be right back. I am going to lock the door behind me.”

I furrowed my brow, annoyed and angry, “You don’t trust me?”

Jay laughed, “I’m pretty confident you might break into an ongoing interrogation if I don’t.”

I don’t respond to his accusation. That’s what it feels like - an accusation. I realize that Jay meant for it to lighten the mood, but he only dumped fuel where he meant to dump water.

gCWfsPk.png

The door clicked shut. A quick glance behind me reveals that he took Kylie with him. Couldn’t trust me with her, either. The thought is venomous, and more of them come. Waves of poison. Of doubt. Of pain and confusion.

I take a deep breath; focus on the cold bite of the metal against my legs. It clears my mind. I click my nails on the table, counting the reps, to keep the thoughts from coming back. I am on 53 when Jay returns, toddler free.

“This is how I know he’s not lying.” Jay’s voice cracks as he slides a necklace in front of me.

Sapphires glint under fluorescent lights, composing the wings of two sterling silver butterflies. The necklace is beautiful. It’s simple. It’s my mother’s.

“H-he had this?” My voice cracks, vision blurs.

“The moment he gave it to Creed I knew…”

P12xrdt.png

I swallow hard, throat tightening. My cheeks were warm and wet. Solid arms wrap around me, force me onto my feet, though I am completely supported by Jay’s weight.

“What's his name.”

“Carson. His name is Carson.”

“Carson.” The name is thick on my tongue. It feels strange there.

I try again, “Carson.”

My nails are digging into my palms again. The pain grounds me, keeps me from plunging into the pit I have been teetering on. I’m afraid if I allow myself to fall into I’ll....Well, I’m not sure what.

I just know I’ll regret it.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    That was so powerful, WOW! And I was SO not expecting the killer to be someone like that. I was almost as shocked as Willow! I loved seeing this 'darker' side to her (for lack of a better word) and (as always) I loved the dynamic between her and Jay! This was a really wonderfully written and screenshotted chapter. Probably my favorite of yours so far :blush: So well done!

I know we still don't have the full story, but I've got a funny feeling Carson's a scared kid raising his sister alone who tried to rob Willow's parents but ended up panicking. It's so heartbreaking to think of! So many lives ruined by that mistake :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I'm glad Willow was able to calm down in the end. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts after this, and what'll happen! ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    That was so powerful, WOW! And I was SO not expecting the killer to be someone like that. I was almost as shocked as Willow! I loved seeing this 'darker' side to her (for lack of a better word) and (as always) I loved the dynamic between her and Jay! This was a really wonderfully written and screenshotted chapter. Probably my favorite of yours so far :blush: So well done!

I know we still don't have the full story, but I've got a funny feeling Carson's a scared kid raising his sister alone who tried to rob Willow's parents but ended up panicking. It's so heartbreaking to think of! So many lives ruined by that mistake :bawling:

Oh wow! I was hoping this chapter would have an impact, since it is basically the climax (or close to it), so it's amazing to hear that! Jay and her have a back and forth way of speaking that I love too. It comes very naturally to write as well - except when she's screaming at him. I had never had a sim 'enraged' before, so I had never seen the 'provoke' animation before. Jay's reaction to it was the picture above and it was priceless. #dead

Ah, Carson's side of the story will be told soon through restorative justice. I'm not done with him or Kylie yet. :smiley:

I'm glad Willow was able to calm down in the end. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts after this, and what'll happen! ;)

Yeah, Willow will eventually calm down. She's mad right now because he isn't the monster she had imagined, and the fact that she finds it hard to hate him is making her emotional. :[

Ah, Willow still has a LOT to go through. >_> <_< You know some stuff, but I promise it will be a ride. I just hope it is a fun one. lol
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I will also say that her saying she and Jay are "barely friends"(or something to that effect) made me so sad and worried. As if my ship didn't have enough issues already! :joy: I feel like that assessment isn't actually true either. He has done a LOT for her since she's come back and he's proven himself as someone she can trust and lean on. :heart:

Other question this chapter made me think of (just out of curiosity :tongue:) -- the comment about Jay bringing a date to the station to "hook up"... Does this mean Jay has had sex before? Is he not as ultra-conservative/religious as the others? Or was his coworker just messing with him without actually knowing anything about his beliefs? I'm just thinking that if they have different ideals, that pokes even more holes in my ship! :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    (I edited my comment since their actual religion is never stated :blush: Can't assume :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I will also say that her saying she and Jay are "barely friends"(or something to that effect) made me so sad and worried. As if my ship didn't have enough issues already! :joy: I feel like that assessment isn't actually true either. He has done a LOT for her since she's come back and he's proven himself as someone she can trust and lean on. :heart:

Other question this chapter made me think of (just out of curiosity :tongue:) -- the comment about Jay bringing a date to the station to "hook up"... Does this mean Jay has had sex before? Is he not as ultra-conservative/religious as the others? Or was his coworker just messing with him without actually knowing anything about his beliefs? I'm just thinking that if they have different ideals, that pokes even more holes in my ship! :joy:

Oh no! Im putting holes into your ship without meaning to. :joy: You are right - Jay is someone Will can lean on when she is in trouble. Will only thinks that they are barely friends because of her self imposed isolation when she left, and then since she has been back theyve only spoken twice. Three times if you count this chapter. In reality Jay is a great friend to her - he tries to help her and shield her from pain - and she sees this. She just thinks that he still resents her for their break up, and the subsequent ghosting.

Without giving any spoilers: Jay is not a virgin but he is religious. Not to the same extent as the others, though. He respected Willows choice to abstain from sex throughout high-school, and they started dating their sophomore year. Also, random fact, Willow and Jay have known each other since 6th grade.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Thanks for answering my questions! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Thanks for answering my questions! :smiley:

No, thank YOU for asking them! :smiley:

I love the fact that you care enough about them to read into their dialogue/actions. <3
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Oh my god cute, there's a toddler in this chapter :sob:
    Jay is a cop and good with kids?
    my heart

It really is just a robbery gone wrong since Carson's so young. I wonder if he just asked for help in the first place he wouldn't have gotten there? The guilt of killing her parents weighed enough on his shoulders for him to confess, so it definitely is something he regrets. If Willow ever gets to talk to him, hopefully she doesn't end up killing him herself :s
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    Oh my god cute, there's a toddler in this chapter :sob:
    Jay is a cop and good with kids?
    my heart

It really is just a robbery gone wrong since Carson's so young. I wonder if he just asked for help in the first place he wouldn't have gotten there? The guilt of killing her parents weighed enough on his shoulders for him to confess, so it definitely is something he regrets. If Willow ever gets to talk to him, hopefully she doesn't end up killing him herself :s

Awh, Kylie is pretty cute, right?
    Toddlers make the weirdest facial expressions while being held, though. She kept looking up at Jay like 'Are you going to let this woman talk to you like this?' while Willow was screaming at him. lol

Carson does feel an immense amount of guilt for what happened. :'( Willow will eventually learn what really happened inside her house, but unfortunately it is going to be a few chapters. :neutral:
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Im trying to go through my chapters and put links on all of them to the next and previous chapters but.... that stupid spam blocker keeps happening. Ugh. :(
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Previous Chapter
    Chapter Twelve: Spat
    44g9Z3P.png

I was relieved when the Levitt’s house came into view. All I wanted to do was curl up into bed and forget today ever happened: erase Carson’s mournful eyes from my memory, if only for the night. Perhaps all of this would seem more manageable in the morning because right now... right now there was only a hollowness that crackled with a slow burning fire.

The vehicle began to crawl as we approached the old southern home, Jay’s eyes focused intently on the porch, “Do you want me to walk you to the door?”

A figure paced the wooden planks, shrouded in shadows. Given the tone of tonight I couldn’t blame Jay’s heightened suspicion, but I knew those broad shoulders. They belonged to Christopher. Digging into my cardigan I pulled out my phone.15 missed calls. A dozen text messages from Christina, and three from Christopher. His were calm and composed; his sister's hysterical and accusing.

Christopher didn’t look composed now.

BWa2ROk.png

“Oh no.”

Jay’s focus switched from me to Christopher and back again. My panic stricken expression must have given him the wrong impression; I could see the worry wearing lines on his forehead, “What do you want me to do?”

But I had already taken off my seat belt and pushed the car door open, bathing us in the dim glow of the dome light. “Nothing, Jay. It’s my boyfriend. I’ll be fine. Thank you for everything.”

Christopher was making his way down the steps by the time I slammed the door shut, “Have fun with Jay?”

UxlgYDy.png

There’s an undercurrent to the question, like I had committed a sin, and any understanding I possessed fluttered away, “Yup. So much fun.”

“What were you guys doing?”

“Oh, you know, he took me on a date before I let him have his way with me.” I watched his stare become blank, his jaw slack, but my mind is hazy, limbs heavy, and I can’t bring myself to care. “I’m tired, we can talk tomorrow.” Is the best I am capable of as I head onto the porch.

Christopher’s calloused hand latches onto my arm, impeding my departure. The pressure isn’t painful. Jay steps out of his car, arms crossed.

DXISH2D.png

“Are you serious?”

“Do you really think I would do that?” I ask.

There’s a moment of hesitation before, “What am I suppos’d to think?”

“I don’t know what you’re supposed to think, ‘Topher. What I do know is you’re supposed to trust me.” I reclaim my arm, retreating into the slumbering household.

lhsXKVU.png

I collapse into a bed that smells faintly of dirt and rain; of freshly cut grass. It smells like Christopher.

I wake up with a pit in my stomach, the vile product of guilt and regret. The scent of sugar and chocolate greets me with a heavy hand. I make my way downstairs, still in last night's clothes, prepared for the blonde in the kitchen to bite my head off. She doesn’t disappoint.

mLB5yyA.png

“Where the heck did you go last night!” Christina wields a wooden spoon. There’s a dark viscous substance coating her utensil - cake batter if I had to guess. Judging from the sheer amount of macrons already adorning the table I can only conclude that Christina has been awake for several hours.

I don’t want to fight, but I don’t want to talk about him either, “I’m sorry I bailed on your engagement dinner, ‘Tina, but I promise that something important came up.”

Christina returned to her baking, aggressively mixing the contents of the bowl together, “‘Topher saw you leave with Jay. What is going on between you two? Why lie about talking to Jay only to sneak off with him?”

0eZDbYN.png

I want to scream at her, tell her that we weren’t sneaking anywhere. That I didn’t speak to Jay regularly, and I hadn’t been lying. Instead I snort, “You’re the reason Christopher thinks I hooked up with Jay last night.”

“What else would you be doing with your ex-boyfriend until 3 in morning? I’m sure it’s common in San Myshuno to -”

“What are you talking about! I told you I was still a virgin and even if I wasn’t, that doesn’t make me a cheater!”

v8qGsNK.png

Christina spun on her heels, petite hands balled up into fists at her side, “Then answer the question, Willow!”

I reach into my cardigan and pull out a pink slip of paper. The bowl rattles as I slam my hand, open palm, onto the kitchen counter beside Christina. “This is where I was last night.” The edges are crumpled, but the sigil of the Newcrest police department is clear as day, front and center. It’s a voucher for my mother’s necklace, the only thing Jay let me leave with despite my protests.

The edge to Christina’s words dulls, “I didn’t know.”

“It doesn’t matter. How could you think that?”

“You put me in an awkward position, Will! When things like this happen I have to choose between defending you and protecting my brother.”

9NW2Cps.png

“So, what? You don’t approve of me dating Christopher?”

“You wouldn’t know because you didn’t even bother to ask me!” Christina’s voice is shrill, her hands thrown up before they crashed down onto her hips.

“Ask you? We’re adults, Christina. I don’t need to ask your permission to date anyone and neither does he!”

“He’s my brother! You’re my best friend! You didn’t even tell me that you were going on a date with him!”

“I can’t do this.”

x0bssjG.png

It’s not a lie. The hollowness is back and I can feel myself dangling over its edge. Christina’s voice follows me through the foyer, but is cut off once there is wood and glass between us. I walk without purpose, past familiar houses and familiar faces, until I find myself inside my family home. I lie down on the cool kitchen floor, wondering if this was where they found my mother. I close my eyes. Hold my breath.

I pray to a god I don’t even know if I believe in anymore.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Tina why?! I'm sad that Topher doubted Will too.. I just.. Im going to go to my bed and cry now..
  • Options
    *aiming a cannon for the SS Willopher* Good, good... He doesn't trust her. :smiley:

(In all seriousness, great chapter! Though I think Willow could have handled things better. I know she didn't want to talk about what had happened, but that sarcasm she used with Topher probably wasn't the best idea for alleviating his concerns... Not that I mind :tongue: You know which side I stand on in this shipping war ;) And I can kind of see where Christina's coming from... I feel like some kind of conversation should have taken place... But obviously it didn't :/)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Tina why?! I'm sad that Topher doubted Will too.. I just.. Im going to go to my bed and cry now..

To be fair to poor little young Topher... he only was convinced after many hours of Christina ranting to him about how it was the only possible explanation... even though they both know Jay is a police officer... Christina is the type of girl that always assumes the worst, though. :P
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    *aiming a cannon for the SS Willopher* Good, good... He doesn't trust her. :smiley:

(In all seriousness, great chapter! Though I think Willow could have handled things better. I know she didn't want to talk about what had happened, but that sarcasm she used with Topher probably wasn't the best idea for alleviating his concerns... Not that I mind :tongue: You know which side I stand on in this shipping war ;) And I can kind of see where Christina's coming from... I feel like some kind of conversation should have taken place... But obviously it didn't :/)

Hahahaha. :]

Thank you! I agree that Willow could have diffused the situation pretty easily if she wanted to, but she knew from Christina's texts that Topher had been swayed to believe the worst, and that annoyed her. Also, 100 percent Willow is not being a good friend to Christina right now! She isn't talking to her, and Christina is trying so hard to rebuild their trust. I will say, and this is going to come up a lot for Willow, that Willow does not believe in asking for permission to do things - she left Willows Creek without her parent's blessing, she dates Christopher without Christina's blessing, she waltzes off with Jay without a text - which is why she does a lot of the things she does.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Yay! I'm caught up!

Wow at so much of what happened. I can't wait to hear Carson's side of the story. And who is going to take care of his baby sister??

We're finally starting to see some of the resentment come out. I guess it was hidden from Willow because of the circumstances she returned to town under.

Willow is officially on my list of poor communicators. I'ma need her to do a lot better, like yesterday. She's a grown up, sure, but she's also agreed to certain parameters to her relationships. Blowing off her boyfriend and best friend out of nowhere isn't okay. Then getting upset with them for recognizing you're behaving out of character...? Yeah, that's a no for me dawg.