Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Landon Legacy - 1.18 - Bridal Obligations [Updated 11.27.17]

Comments

• Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited May 2017
    Consider this friendship over

(Jk I could never ily)

its-not-over-j4syhn.jpg
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Note to self: Never take photos while frustrated with your sims. :#

My new ones are about ten times better.

Here is an outtake from yesterday to make up for my transgressions.

UNQqYJd.png
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    BAE!!! :love:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member

Just caught all up on the last few chapters and really loving the love story between the characters. I really hope that cliff hanger is a good one though! lol :)
  • Options
    I still cannot believe I'm the only person on #TeamJay. It's hard to captain a ship with no crew :joy: I wish I could bring myself to like Topher with Willow more, but alas, I cannot :tongue: (absolutely nothing to do with how you write him! Just my personal preference ;) )
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Linzz wrote: »
    Just caught all up on the last few chapters and really loving the love story between the characters. I really hope that cliff hanger is a good one though! lol :)

Im so happy you like the love story going on. ^_^ I plan on updating again before Tuesday, so good or bad, at least it won't be a very long one. :smiley:

Thank you for reading! <3
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    I still cannot believe I'm the only person on #TeamJay. It's hard to captain a ship with no crew :joy: I wish I could bring myself to like Topher with Willow more, but alas, I cannot :tongue: (absolutely nothing to do with how you write him! Just my personal preference ;) )

I'm a little shocked by it as well. I think part of it is because he's her ex, and the other part is because he's not really in the story so far.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »

I'm a little shocked by it as well. I think part of it is because he's her ex, and the other part is because he's not really in the story so far.

It's true that we haven't seen much of him (which makes me very sad, by the way :tongue:), but what we have seen has had a big impression on me as a reader :) I actually LIKE the fact he's her ex. I love that they have a history together :heart:

He seems so down-to-earth and very "real" with Willow. Topher is very sweet, but almost TOO sweet... like he's trying extra hard to impress her haha. I dunno. It's just me!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member

It's true that we haven't seen much of him (which makes me very sad, by the way :tongue:), but what we have seen has had a big impression on me as a reader :) I actually LIKE the fact he's her ex. I love that they have a history together :heart:

He seems so down-to-earth and very "real" with Willow. Topher is very sweet, but almost TOO sweet... like he's trying extra hard to impress her haha. I dunno. It's just me!

I get what you mean with Topher, but he is 19, correct? As a 17 year old, I know how scary it can be to try and feel accepted by someone you like, specifically those that are older than you. Especially since most of people around my age are socially awkward/have social anxiety. I feel he's portrayed rather well for the age he's at. Him and Will have been dating a month or so now though, right. Every relationship changes as you go on, and they'll both be much more comfortable with one another some day. :)
  • Options

Well, you're about to see a whole lot of him next chapter. :wink: Sadly, I have to make him put a shirt on.

I agree! They're very light-hearted and playful with each other, and while he can get on Willow's nerves, he makes her laugh even when she's sad.

Topher, on the other hand, is erring on the side of caution. Partly because he has Christina as his sister (she's a delicate little flower) and partly because he idolized her growing up, since she was the one person who made it out of Willow's Creek. :blush:

I get what you mean with Topher, but he is 19, correct? As a 17 year old, I know how scary it can be to try and feel accepted by someone you like, specifically those that are older than you. Especially since most of people around my age are socially awkward/have social anxiety. I feel he's portrayed rather well for the age he's at. Him and Will have been dating a month or so now though, right. Every relationship changes as you go on, and they'll both be much more comfortable with one another some day. :)

Yes, he is 19! :smile:

And I agree, most relationships take time to mature. They usually start off all touchy feely and butterflies. ^_^
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    Wow, what a intresting conversation is going on in here. I love the screenshot with sad and shirtless Jay awkwardly sitting in the restaurant. @CitizenErased14 I can board your ship. I'm down with whoever makes Willow happy and Christopher is adorable and good for her, so I'm not going to take part in any battles, but I can hang around the deck. Clean it maybe? Mostly because if It was my choice, I'd definitely go for Jay :P
  • Options
    You are welcome onboard to swab the deck, @chocis ! :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    edited May 2017
    @CitizenErased14 Thanks, mate.
  • Options
    @chocis AHEM. That's Captain to you ;):tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I'm really enjoying catching up on everyone's forum threads. These last couple of chapters were so good. I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear that her parents' murders were solved. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    chocis wrote: »
    Wow, what a intresting conversation is going on in here. I love the screenshot with sad and shirtless Jay awkwardly sitting in the restaurant. @CitizenErased14 I can board your ship. I'm down with whoever makes Willow happy and Christopher is adorable and good for her, so I'm not going to take part in any battles, but I can hang around the deck. Clean it maybe? Mostly because if It was my choice, I'd definitely go for Jay :P
    And then there were two. ^_^

cWaydBe.gif
    I'm really enjoying catching up on everyone's forum threads. These last couple of chapters were so good. I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear that her parents' murders were solved. *fingers crossed*
    <3 Thank you!

Forum discussions on everyone's threads are becoming my favorite thing.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Previous Chapter
    Chapter Ten: Him

Mb3CIa5.png

Jay was only a few meters away when I noticed him. His usual smug smile was tugged down, the playful gleam gone from his eyes. He was wearing a uniform, black except the silver badge that flashed as he walked under a street light, and it dawned on me that Jay was a police officer. The fact that he hadn’t divulged this information fluttered briefly through my mind. It was promptly buried by dozens of questions, all more pressing in this moment, and I launched into them as soon as he was within ear shot.

mZdMN17.png

“Jay, what is going on? What did you mean it was about my parents?”

His hand found my arm, a steady but gentle pull leading me towards one of the benches that dotted Channelside, “We should sit down.”

hovP0Gf.png

I allowed him to lead me, stomach flipping, tongue tingling with the need to vomit, ears deafened by the rhythmic whooshing of blood, until he took a seat. I followed suit, expectant.

“We have him.”

“Him.” I echoed.

uA3NhPG.png

Jay kept his gaze level but didn’t respond. He didn’t need to. I knew who he was. I just needed a minute to process the mixture of emotions that was sweeping over me: the heat of anger was soothed by relief as the buzz of joy was overshadowed by an intense desire for answers. Why had he committed such a heinous crime? Why were my parents, who were beloved by all, his targets? But most of all: Who was he?

“I want to see him.”

SDH6aUe.png

Jay nodded, “As soon as there is a court date I’ll let you know. You can attend the hearing and trial. You can give a victim impact statement at sentencing.”

“Where is he now?”

“He’s at the station. He was waiting to be interrogated when I left.” Jay said slowly, as if he wasn’t sure he should be telling me at all.

He probably shouldn’t have. “Take me to him.”

“Will, I can’t do that -”

STAQ0k7.png

“Take. Me. To. Him.” I enunciated every syllable as I spoke, leaning towards Jay as if I could intimate him into what I was asking.

And maybe it was working. I could tell Jay was conflicted. He wanted to appease me, but he was also an officer. Even I knew that what I was asking of him bent the rules at minimum. At worst, it was against the law, “Willow, even if I brought you to the station I can’t let you talk to him.”

“I just want to see the man who..” Three months and I still couldn’t bring myself to say it, “I promise I won’t do anything else, Jay. I don’t need to speak to him, just see him.”

Jay rubbed his face, “There’s a one-way mirror but -”

mKi36eS.png

“Thank you!” The phrase fell out of my mouth on repeat as I wrapped Jay into a hug.

He returned the embrace but warned, “Don’t thank me yet.”

QzpBBNT.png

Previous Chapter
    Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    JAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :love::heart:

Okay, now that that's out of the way...

I loved the emotion in this one! I wasn't expecting Jay to be a cop (how sexy omg) but it works so great. I loved all of Willow's emotion in this one, and Jay's conflict between his duty and his care for her. I can't wait to see her lay eyes on the man who killed her parents... that will be so intense (and emotional! :( )

Another wonderful chapter!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    JAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :love::heart:

Okay, now that that's out of the way...

I loved the emotion in this one! I wasn't expecting Jay to be a cop (how sexy omg) but it works so great. I loved all of Willow's emotion in this one, and Jay's conflict between his duty and his care for her. I can't wait to see her lay eyes on the man who killed her parents... that will be so intense (and emotional! :( )

Another wonderful chapter!

Thank you for all the wonderful compliments! <3 And thank you for reading and commenting.

I'm glad his occupation came as a surprise, I was a little afraid people might start guessing it. (and yes! Jay in his uniform :love:).

Willow is in for an emotional roller coaster next chapter when she sees him, certainly.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    :'(
    Body is five characters too short- I"LL SHOW YOU
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • Options
    Poor Willow. It must be awful to experience what she has gone through. At least she has all of her friends to help.

And Topher :cry: I'll hug you! I mean if Willow wasn't already dating Topher, I'd be indifferent about it, but I feel bad knowing they're hugging all like that when Willow is taken. Ya know? :(
  • Options
    Wralai wrote: »
    :'(
    Body is five characters too short- I"LL SHOW YOU

:(

And lol!
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Poor Willow. It must be awful to experience what she has gone through. At least she has all of her friends to help.

And Topher :cry: I'll hug you! I mean if Willow wasn't already dating Topher, I'd be indifferent about it, but I feel bad knowing they're hugging all like that when Willow is taken. Ya know? :(

Yeah, poor Will had quite the hand dealt to her.:(

I know, Christopher is all sad looking down at Jay and Will while theyre hugging. Poor guy. To be fair to them, though, the hug is platonic.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options

Yeah, poor Will had quite the hand dealt to her.:(

I know, Christopher is all sad looking down at Jay and Will while theyre hugging. Poor guy. To be fair to them, though, the hug is platonic.

Wait it is? That looks like the romantic hug for when they're sitting. Unless you just mean story wise.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Oh no
    oh no
    I am weak to the uniform
    oh mercy me, I do declare Jay's giving me the vapors
    My loyalty to my ship shouldn't be this fragile but he's a cop -aggressively fans self-

But oh boy oh boy, time to see the mystery murder man :#Is it weird I'm imagining Willow smashing through the one way mirror and sucker punching the guy