Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Landon Legacy - 1.18 - Bridal Obligations [Updated 11.27.17]

Comments

• Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Yay! I'm caught up!

Wow at so much of what happened. I can't wait to hear Carson's side of the story. And who is going to take care of his baby sister??

We're finally starting to see some of the resentment come out. I guess it was hidden from Willow because of the circumstances she returned to town under.

Willow is officially on my list of poor communicators. I'ma need her to do a lot better, like yesterday. She's a grown up, sure, but she's also agreed to certain parameters to her relationships. Blowing off her boyfriend and best friend out of nowhere isn't okay. Then getting upset with them for recognizing you're behaving out of character...? Yeah, that's a no for me dawg.

Yay! ^_^

I love all your questions and take outs. You are right that Willow (and Christina imo) are pretty poor communicators. I happen to be of the belief that most people are... and I think it shows in my writing a lot! Carson will come back into the story soon, as will Kylie. ^_^
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Alright, guys. This weekend was my boyfriend's birthday and I thought I was going to be able to squeak an update out yesterday but I was not able to. :[ I am going to try to have one on Tuesday, just did not want anyone to think I was giving up on this because of my the inclusion of Chasing Rainbows in my siggy. :smiley:
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Chapter Thirteen: Inebriated

Jay had witnessed the argument between Christopher and myself, so when I showed up at his doorstep his surprise was short lived. He lent me a sympathetic ear, nodding occasionally, as I complained about Christina.

p97Bzxa.png

“You’ll work it out. You two always do.” While Jay’s words were true, they weren’t exactly what I wanted to hear right now. I wanted someone to stew in mutual dislike with me, but Jay had always been fond of Christina even though Christina had never liked Jay.

“I wouldn’t be so sure. She was really upset.”

“Then apologize.” Jay’s solution was met with a shrug of his shoulders as he stood, heading into the kitchen.

“I don’t think I’m in the wrong here!”

“Maybe, but it does sound like you are keeping things from her. Here.” Jay handed me a drink as he sat down next to me on the couch. The liquid inside was dull red, and I scrunched my nose up at the bitter smell.

lw3p4Ts.png

“What is this?”

“Vodka and Cranberry. I assumed you’d prefer that over one of these.” He lifted his fists, each hand clutching an opened beer bottle.

“You’d be right.” It was as bitter as it smelt, burning my throat on its way down. I relaxed into the cushions as Jay turned on a sitcom I had seen once or twice before. Right now, forgetting my problems for an evening with an old friend seemed nice

“So, what are you going to do with the house?”

oFlpvOX.png

The question came during a commercial break; when the atmosphere wasn’t filled with witty one-liners and corny prerecorded laughter. Still, I was unprepared for the sudden change in mood, “I don’t know.”

“You said you were afraid of it, right? I know you aren't staying there… so, what's the plan?”

IlEc5RE.png

“I don't know. I guess I should move back in… considering everything that happened yesterday.” I murmured as I finished my cocktail. Even though Carson had been caught it still felt wrong to even think about living on that property again.

“You could sell it, you know? Buy your own land with the money. Start over.” Jay collected the bottles and empty glass before he headed into the kitchen.

“I couldn’t do that.”

“Why not?” He reappeared with more refreshments in hand.

I took a long drink as I mulled over his question. The only image that building conjured was of lifeless bodies strewn carelessly across wooden floors, and hollow eyes staring endlessly. However, that same building was also my home. I had grown up there; had so many memories there and all of those memories seemed infinitely more important now that I knew they were the only ones I would ever have of my parents. Selling it felt akin to throwing those memories away. “I just can’t. Plus, my farm is on that land now.”

ELu3FFs.png

“Couldn’t you just divide the land - sell only the part that the house sits on?”

I put my glass down heavy-handed at the question. The waters of anxiety began to creep above my nose, drowning me, and I could feel my patience slipping beneath the waves. “Can we not?”

xlLYqG1.png

“Sorry. Sorry, it’s just…. you deserve to be happy and you don’t seem -”

“Happy? Are you blind? Do you not recall last night? What I told you less than an hour ago? My parents are dead and what, you think selling their house is going to make that better?” I laughed the sound as bitter as the liquid on my tongue. “Just stop! Nothing can bring them back. Nothing! Not Carson going to jail, not Christina forgiving me, and certainly not selling some godforsaken house!” I found myself on my feet and Jay followed suit, his hands catching my flailing arms.

pDqTGnd.png

Clasping my hands in his own he frowned, “I’m sorry. Can we just list this under reasons I’m an idiot?” Whenever we fought, lifetimes ago it felt like, Jay would always resolve the issue with that phrase.

Just like that, the waves receded and I could breath again, “I’ll file it away for another day.” I responded in kind, reclaiming my hands, “but I need a shot.”

Jay snorted, but obliged, bringing shot glasses and the whole bottle of cheap vodka into the kitchen. We clinked glasses, no toast to be heard, until the edges of my vision became unfocused, ceiling spinning precariously, and my tongue became too thick for my mouth.  

P0i4Fjw.png

UVUjyWr.png

When I woke up the next morning, the ceiling wasn’t spinning but my tongue still felt much too thick for my mouth. My body’s intense desire for water won over the piercing jolts opening my eyes produced. I stumbled into the kitchen, eyes half-lidded, rummaging through cupboards filled with dishes and sippy cups until I found a clean glass. Jay walked in, freshly bathed and dressed in uniform, as I was gulping down my second glass.

H5VcV21.png

“There you are.” While the previous night’s escapades had me beaten and bruised, Jay looked refreshed. Just how often did he drink?

“Here I am.” I croaked.

Jay laughed, reaching into to a cupboard on my left and handing me a bottle of headache medicine, “You look like you need these.” He teased.

oRerHgb.png

I rolled my eyes, but I popped the cap off and took two of the white pills anyways, “Hey, when you’re at the station will you ask if I can talk to Carson?”

Jay hesitated, but nodded, “Sure thing, but the answer is going to be no. I’m sure there’s someone who could help you, but I don’t know much about that half of the justice system.” He admitted with a shrug.

“Will you come with me to the library? After you get off, I mean.” My words were clumsy, and I was embarrassed at the desperation that colored my voice. I had been independent my whole life. It was strange to feel lost by myself, perhaps for the first time in my life, but I was acutely aware of the fact that I did not want to do this on my own. I was also acutely aware of the fact that I had no one else to turn to at the moment.

1C4pWTq.png

“Sure. I’ll call you when I get off. Pick you up.” Jay headed towards the front door, only pausing to call over his shoulder, “Make yourself at home while I’m gone.”

a/n: Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I had a lot going on for a while and my laptop stopped working. Unfortunately, my laptop is where I do most of my writing as I find writing at my desktop... stuffy and distracting. Anyways, I got my new laptop on Thursday and managed to wrap up a lot of other things that were distracting me as well, so I should be back to once a week updates! 
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Loved this chapter. I'm sure Amanda will really love it. But--I read that part about sippy cups!!! He had a kid?? Where is this kid?? Tell me more! I'm glad you're back to weekly updates. And yay for new laptops!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Ahhhhhhh! Jaylow :heart: And OMG I did a double-take at the sippy cups too! I am not letting a potential kid ruin my love and devotion to Jaylow though. He was so charming and kind and down-to-earth with her and it was perfect :heart:

So happy you're back! (And yay for new computer!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Nooboos WitcHazard: Oh did he take in the little girl whose brother got convicted! If so that's so sweet and that would mean more nooboos cameos yeah nooboos! Also yay you're back!
  • Options
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Nooboos WitcHazard: Oh did he take in the little girl whose brother got convicted! If so that's so sweet and that would mean more nooboos cameos yeah nooboos! Also yay you're back!

Oooh Nooboos @WitcHazard has the best theory about the sippy cups! I vote for this idea. If true, I love Jay even more omg :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member

If he took her, then where was she last night? And where is she while he works? I like this theory, but I don't see how it works. The sippy cups make me think he's got joint custody of some child he hasn't mentioned to Willow yet.
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 my thought when I read WitcHazard's comment was that maybe he hasn't officially taken her in yet, but was just getting ready?
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Loved this chapter. I'm sure Amanda will really love it. But--I read that part about sippy cups!!! He had a kid?? Where is this kid?? Tell me more! I'm glad you're back to weekly updates. And yay for new laptops!

I'm so happy you loved it! ^_^ As for the sippy cup... all will be revealed soon. Thank you for reading and yesssss, yay for new laptops! I know you got one recently as well!
    Ahhhhhhh! Jaylow :heart: And OMG I did a double-take at the sippy cups too! I am not letting a potential kid ruin my love and devotion to Jaylow though. He was so charming and kind and down-to-earth with her and it was perfect :heart:

So happy you're back! (And yay for new computer!)

Once you are on Jaylow there is not getting off. :joy: I'm glad you are committed because Jay is great with Willow but he's far from perfect ^_^

Thank you for reading, I don't think you've commented before so welcome! ^_^

I love this theory. Time will only tell if it correct or not. and yessss nooboos are so adorable!

I have been wondering this forever but where did the term 'nooboos' come from?

4s8gctV.png
  • Options

If he took her, then where was she last night? And where is she while he works? I like this theory, but I don't see how it works. The sippy cups make me think he's got joint custody of some child he hasn't mentioned to Willow yet.
    @cecerose0208 my thought when I read WitcHazard's comment was that maybe he hasn't officially taken her in yet, but was just getting ready?

I am enjoying these theories and conversation! You guys pose a lot of good questions and potential answers to them.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Chapter Fourteen: Research
    3NeRMFs.png

“It’s been ages since I’ve been in this library,” Jay said, leaning back in his chair until the front two legs were levitating perilously in the air.

“This library or a library?” I quipped.

“Both.”

I pulled my gaze away from my computer screen at Jay’s admission. Willow Creek Public Library was an old Victorian building the town had renovated when I was a teenager. The computers worked but were beginning to show their age and the silence that permeated the space was only briefly interrupted by the clicking of keys and the rustle of turning pages.

XUMKqEu.png

“Well, this place never was your scene.”

“No, but we had some good times in here.” Jay planted his chair firmly back on the carpet, the muted bang earning him a dirty look from a nearby patron. I wondered if that man would have given Jay the same look if Jay had been in uniform.

“I know. I’m even having a bout of deja vu, what with me trying to research something and you distracting me.” I said, turning back to my computer screen. A half dozen tabs were open, each researching one thing: Restorative justice. Yet, even with a name for what I desired, Jay wasn’t much help on the subject. He didn’t know of any programs for restorative justice in our state, nor did any of his colleagues, or so he said. It left me to do the majority of the research while Jay hung around for emotional support. If anything, he was a good source to bounce ideas off of.

7qPKz8u.png

“I resent that.” He puffed out his chest, indigent, “I’m an integral part of this operation.”

“Oh? How so.”

“I provide transportation, alcohol, and shelter.” He counted each attribute on his fingers, shoving three fingers in my face, “See, integral.”

sS7cjSA.png

“Yet, still impractical.”

“I’m telling you-” Jay’s phone interrupted his retort. He frowned, excusing himself, and I watched him until his form was blocked by bookcases before turning my attention to my own phone.  

oNRL34v.png

Three days had passed without a word from either of the Levitt siblings. Part of me wanted to reach out to them, apologize, but the stubborn half always erased my message before I hit send. I had been staying at Jay’s house ever since, and he was a gracious host. He even gave up his bed, after much resisting on my end, and taken up on the couch. Sometimes, like in the morning when Jay was getting ready for work, our routine felt strangely natural. Like I was his wife, brewing him coffee, telling him to be safe, wishing him a good day. Other times, at night, when it was just the two of us, the tension was palpable. It was like we didn’t know what to do with ourselves or say to each other, so instead, we would just put on some show until one of us broke down and offered to make drinks.

N42W1OZ.png

I put my phone down when Jay returned. He rubbed his face as he sat next to me, “So, Will, you can’t stay over tonight.”

“Don’t want your girlfriend to know about me?” I asked, cracking a wide smile at him. Jay just stared.

“Oh.” I wasn’t sure how to respond, or why Jay hadn’t told his girlfriend about me, but it felt wrong for him to have this secret girlfriend while he was privy to all the ongoings in my life, “It’s fine. I can just stay at home… or something.”

8ddCtiR.png

“Don’t be mad at me, Will.”

“I’m not mad. I’m…” But I wasn’t even sure what I was. Disappointed? Annoyed? Jealous? I certainly had no right to be.

“Can we-” A loud ‘shhh’ erupted from behind us and Jay lowered his voice, “Can we talk about this? Tomorrow?” I nodded, feeling oddly numb. “Great. Do you want a ride home?” He asked, rising to his feet.

“Wait, you need to go now?”

“I need to be home when she gets there.” He explained.

“I have stuff at your house. Won’t she see it?” The words felt gross as they left my lips despite our platonic relationship.

“No, she won’t be coming inside.”

I furrowed my brows, stopping Jay’s long strides with a gentle touch to his forearm, “Jay, who is she?”

TfHrF3e.png

“Her name is Helen, but you wouldn't know her. Grew up in Newcrest.” He said.

I held his gaze. That wasn't what I meant and he knew it.

Finally, he ran a hand through his hair, flashing me a nervous smile, “She's my wife, Will.”
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    I HATE YOU :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    This had better be a soon-to-be-EX wife. They'd better be separated and only together because they have a kid (sippy cups). You cannot kill my ship like that. It was just gaining steam!

I'm mad :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 :joy:

Hey now, your ship isn't dead. Willow can be his mistress. :wink:
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    I'm legitimately mad at you. But I say that with love? But like... I'm really upset. :bawling: I was so sure things were gonna work out with them!

I will never board the Willowpher no matter how dead this ship might be though. So, assuming there's no going back from this... #TeamSingleWillow #TeamSp.ermDonorForGen2 :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Seeing Willow sad makes me sad. Even though I am a hardcore Willowpher shipper, I want Willow to be happy. There's so many ways this could go down.. I know you well enough that your suggestion of her being Jay's mistress isn't what will happen, unless you surprise us :p I'm guessing Helen and Jay are either separated, or that Helen may..pass away? I'm not sure. Hm.
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14

Jay's handsome face lured you into a false sense of security. :lol:

Oh my gosh, that hashtag though. :joy:

@thejennifer

Awh, I am glad you just want Willow to be happy in the end. And you never know, I might just throw some curve balls at you. Gotta keep you on your toes. :wink:

4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    @thejennifer

Awh, I am glad you just want Willow to be happy in the end. And you never know, I might just throw some curve balls at you. Gotta keep you on your toes. :wink:

Hmph. I'm watching you. ;)<3

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    LMAO @CitizenErased14, your comment being directly after the chapter post literally killed me :joy::joy:

What a development in this chapter though! Who knew he had a wife? Then again... What kind of woman resists the uniform :sob:
    Omg what if Jay has a kid?? I'd actually be kind of excited because cHILD but

I hope Willow gets to have a talk with those siblings soon. Maybe since they've been apart for a while they could finally have a decent conversation without each other screaming? Since Willow is so stubborn, maybe it's up to them to break the silence first. :s
  • Options
    @Cement I wish you could have seen my face. I happened to go on the forums RIGHT when @Arrowleaf posted the new chapter. So I get all excited and read right away. And it's starting out looking SO GOOD for my ship and then it was ruined and I wanted to throw my laptop out the window :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Lover WitcHazard: So you have a wife that just so happen to slip you're mind the whole time we've been starting whatever this is! So is she a wife as in you walked down the isle or a wife as in you gave her the title cause she doesn't like being called a baby mama!?

Nooboos WitcHazard: Don't care as long as I get to see nooboos I'm good!
  • Options
    WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    @Cement I wish you could have seen my face. I happened to go on the forums RIGHT when @Arrowleaf posted the new chapter. So I get all excited and read right away. And it's starting out looking SO GOOD for my ship and then it was ruined and I wanted to throw my laptop out the window :joy:

*pat pat*
    Willopher for the win...

Maybe Willow will murder Helen?
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I just started reading this and so happy I did. You tell Willow's story so beautifully and she's such as pretty Sim. I'm only on chapter 4 so far but wanted to comment before I continue to read.
    I love how you did the service in chapter # 3. It was so bittersweet and the pictures and scene beautiful. I especially loved the paragraph in the end.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @WitcHazard

Hahaha, Jay does have some explaining to do, doesn't he? :smile:

Also, there may or may not be nooboos in the next chapter. :P

@Wralai

Or she can hire Carson to do it. :smile:

@KismetRose

Awh, thank you so much and thank you for reading!

I'm so glad I didn't skip the funeral chapter then! I was really close to doing a small time skip because I didn't want the story to be too slow.
    4s8gctV.png