Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Hi @mariepeek28 if you upload the mc_cmd_center.log file that will have been generated in your mods folder we can have a look for you. If you want a faster response you can try the support channel on Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
  • Options
    onlyalmostonlyalmost Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi everyone!! I'm super new to mods (I've only used cc before for like outfits and stuff, and that was way back in TS2) and I've just started using MCCC literally today, and since installing it actions keep getting cancelled for some reason?? Like I have to keep telling my sim to shower like 5 times before the hygiene need is completely filled because it keeps cancelling halfway through. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for your help in advance!!
  • Options
    > @onlyalmost said:
    > Hi everyone!! I'm super new to mods (I've only used cc before for like outfits and stuff, and that was way back in TS2) and I've just started using MCCC literally today, and since installing it actions keep getting cancelled for some reason?? Like I have to keep telling my sim to shower like 5 times before the hygiene need is completely filled because it keeps cancelling halfway through. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for your help in advance!!

Edited to add: I'm definitely using the newest version and my game is up to date too
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    onlyalmost wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! I'm super new to mods (I've only used cc before for like outfits and stuff, and that was way back in TS2) and I've just started using MCCC literally today, and since installing it actions keep getting cancelled for some reason?? Like I have to keep telling my sim to shower like 5 times before the hygiene need is completely filled because it keeps cancelling halfway through. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for your help in advance!!

Did you by any chance turn on "Autonomous Cleaning" or "Autonomous Repairs" under MC Tuner?
    It may have been a coincidence, but I updated to 3.5.0 today and recently turned these settings on and ran into the same glitch you described. Additionally, my sim would constantly stand up from his seat when doing any seated action.

After turning the two settings off and restarting my game, the bug appears to be fixed.
  • Options
    > @Sim2Spore said:
    > onlyalmost wrote: »
    >
    > Hi everyone!! I'm super new to mods (I've only used cc before for like outfits and stuff, and that was way back in TS2) and I've just started using MCCC literally today, and since installing it actions keep getting cancelled for some reason?? Like I have to keep telling my sim to shower like 5 times before the hygiene need is completely filled because it keeps cancelling halfway through. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for your help in advance!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you by any chance turn on "Autonomous Cleaning" or "Autonomous Repairs" under MC Tuner?
    > It may have been a coincidence, but I updated to 3.5.0 today and recently turned these settings on and ran into the same glitch you described. Additionally, my sim would constantly stand up from his seat when doing any seated action.
    >
    > After turning the two settings off and restarting my game, the bug appears to be fixed.

I had the same problem with sims standing up, I had autonomous cleaning on so I turned it off and rebooted and it seems to be working fine now, thank you so much!!
  • Options
    SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2017
    and I've just started using MCCC literally today, and since installing it actions keep getting cancelled for some reason?? Like I have to keep telling my sim to shower like 5 times before the hygiene need is completely filled because it keeps cancelling halfway through.
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    Did you by any chance turn on "Autonomous Cleaning" or "Autonomous Repairs" under MC Tuner?
    It may have been a coincidence, but I updated to 3.5.0 today and recently turned these settings on and ran into the same glitch you described. Additionally, my sim would constantly stand up from his seat when doing any seated action. After turning the two settings off and restarting my game, the bug appears to be fixed.

Hi @onlyalmost and @Sim2Spore,

After reading your messages, I decided to pass it on to Deaderpool and share his responds with you.
    Deaderpool wrote:
    A new error that is happening because of a mod conflict. It is not a bug with MCCC. Doesn't happen with only MCCC installed. Possible it is even a mod that has auto repairs and cleaning and that they then turn-on my auto repair and cleaning even though they have another mod doing it as well. Two mods doing the same thing = bad.

They need to remove the mod causing the conflict or disable the auto cleaning and repairs because it's not going to work with both.

We had the same report on Patreon during RC. The user reporting it found the conflicting mod. She never said the name of it, but I got the feeling it was an auto-cleaning/auto-repair mod. I told her either disable my settings if she wants to use the existing mod or remove the mod if she wants to use my settings. She did. It fixed the issue.

Be nice if we DID find the exact mod doing it so it can be added to the conflicting mod list on Troubleshooting.

I just have the feeling it's the auto repair/cleaning mod. It's always been known in the past that you can't use two mods that do the same thing. I am not sure why people think that would be different with my humongous mod and another mod with the same functionality. That is specifically mentioned in Troubleshooting.
    There are some mods that are known to conflict with MC Command Center. This is usually caused by functionality in those mods that is already in MC Command Center so a separate mod is not needed and causes problems

Source: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting

If you guys figure out which mod is responsible (maybe the auto repair/cleaning mod DP is mentioning or some other mod), please let us know in this topic or over at discordapp. That way DP can add it to the conflicting mod list on Troubleshooting. Thanks!
  • Options
    > Hi @onlyalmost and @Sim2Spore,
    >
    > After reading your messages, I decided to pass it on to Deaderpool and share his responds with you.
    > Deaderpool wrote:
    >
    > A new error that is happening because of a mod conflict. It is not a bug with MCCC. Doesn't happen with only MCCC installed. Possible it is even a mod that has auto repairs and cleaning and that they then turn-on my auto repair and cleaning even though they have another mod doing it as well. Two mods doing the same thing = bad.
    >
    > They need to remove the mod causing the conflict or disable the auto cleaning and repairs because it's not going to work with both.
    >
    > We had the same report on Patreon during RC. The user reporting it found the conflicting mod. She never said the name of it, but I got the feeling it was an auto-cleaning/auto-repair mod. I told her either disable my settings if she wants to use the existing mod or remove the mod if she wants to use my settings. She did. It fixed the issue.
    >
    > Be nice if we DID find the exact mod doing it so it can be added to the conflicting mod list on Troubleshooting.
    >
    > I just have the feeling it's the auto repair/cleaning mod. It's always been known in the past that you can't use two mods that do the same thing. I am not sure why people think that would be different with my humongous mod and another mod with the same functionality. That is specifically mentioned in Troubleshooting.
    > Troubleshooting wrote:
    >
    > There are some mods that are known to conflict with MC Command Center. This is usually caused by functionality in those mods that is already in MC Command Center so a separate mod is not needed and causes problems
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Source: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting
    >
    > If you guys figure out which mod is responsible (maybe the auto repair/cleaning mod DP is mentioning or some other mod), please let us know in this topic or over at discordapp. That way DP can add it to the conflicting mod list on Troubleshooting. Thanks!

Hey @SimLibby thanks for contacting deaderpool! I don't understand what the issue could be then because I genuinely have no other mods installed, this is the first one I've ever installed on Sims 4 so maybe my game needs repairing or something
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hey @SimLibby thanks for contacting deaderpool! I don't understand what the issue could be then because I genuinely have no other mods installed, this is the first one I've ever installed on Sims 4 so maybe my game needs repairing or something

Hi @onlyalmost (going to tag @Sim2Spore also),

Over at discordapp some of our cheerleaders tested this issue. They all say it is a bug within the game, it happens with or without MCCC or any other mods. Apparently there is something buggy going on there with the hygiene: is the Sim isn't dirty enough it does that.

Azoresman, one of our cheerleaders, made a mod to fix the shower issue.

You will find it over at discordapp (see my signature for a link) in general chat. In the upper corner you will find a pin where a message is pinned. Open dat message to get directed to that mod fix. I'm in a browser so with me it's in the upper right corner, maybe if you are on a different device it's not. Just look for a pin sign on top of the screen.

EDIT 25-5-17:
    That download from Azoresman is not in general anymore but in the library and archive channel at top of the page.
    Post edited by SimLibby on
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 708 Member
    For the moment I do not want the Sims in my game to become pregnant autonomously. How do I configure MCCommand to not generate those autonomous pregnancies? I have read that you have to go to the Pregnancy module and modify the percentage of pregnancy. I do have that module but there is nowhere an option to change this percentage.

Is there also a way to determine for each family the maximum number of children?

And if a Sim is pregnant can I determine the gender of the child?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ziafar wrote: »
    For the moment I do not want the Sims in my game to become pregnant autonomously. How do I configure MCCommand to not generate those autonomous pregnancies?

On this page are rules that determine whether pregnancy can happen for a target Sim when random pregnancy checks occur:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcpregnancy

It will give you some suggestions in how (some) Sims not become pregnant and which options you have to achieve that.
    I have read that you have to go to the Pregnancy module and modify the percentage of pregnancy. I do have that module but there is nowhere an option to change this percentage.

MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percent Adjustment
    This percentage will add or subtract to the random number generated when testing for pregnancies. If a positive number is specified, it increases the chances of Sims becoming pregnant. If a negative number is specified, it decreases the chances of Sims becoming pregnant. A number between -100 and 100 can be specified.
    Is there also a way to determine for each family the maximum number of children?
    There are this settings:
    MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Offspring.
    MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Household Children
    And if a Sim is pregnant can I determine the gender of the child?
    MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Offspring Gender

When you make a Sim pregnant through MCCC/pregnancy by clicking them, you can also set the gender and even duration of the pregnancy.

The settings I mentioned in this message are listed on the page I linked. There are many options on that page for you to use. Maybe you need to play around with flags too. By clicking Sims you can flag them to, for example, no offspring.

Hopes this helps.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    SimLibby wrote: »
    There are a couple of ghost townies in my save, currently I cannot invite them to hang out at the current lot or text them. I cannot even invite them to clubs. Is this usual for MC Command Center? The ghost in question is a played character. I just wonder if this is working as intended, as in played ghosts cannot be invited to clubs and so forth.

If it isn't working as intended I have a few things to check, like updating sims 4 on my husbands computer and installing all the mods there for a look. It is just, I am a little bit short on energy so before I start working on hunting for the problem I just want to know if it is the way the mod is supposed to work.

Hi @SilentKitty,

I ran your question by Deaderpool over at discordapp and this is what he said:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    Sounds like base game behavior to me. Doesn't sound like it has to do with MCCC at all. Did they remove MCCC and try the same things? My guess would be, if they did, they would see the same thing happen. If not, and it only happens with MCCC in and no other mods/cc, then I can look at it for sure.

So happy hunting :#. I hope you figure it out. If it only happens with MCCC in and no other mods/cc, I can tell DP or you can do it yourself over at discordapp if you feel up to it. Good luck.

You are an angel, thank you so much <3

Then I will start looking for the problem on my end.

This is just the way the game itself works, unfortunately. It's been this way ever since ghosts first came out. I know, because I've been trying to get it changed or find a mod to change it pretty much since then. (Or learn enough to make one, but I'm not that knowledgeable so far.)

I actually got a lot of flack for suggesting that it might be a bug and/or is something that should be changed on these forums back then. (Or even asking for a mod, sometimes.) Seems a lot of folks believe that 'they're ghosts -- they don't have things like cell phones, that would be silly' even though they most definitely DO have their own cell phones that they can call anyone else they want to on, pay bills with, and all that. The only thing they're limited in is not being included on the list for other Sims to call/invite, it seems.

So yeah, I basically stopped asking, at least around here. If you ever do find such a mod, please let me know about it!
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    There are a couple of ghost townies in my save, currently I cannot invite them to hang out at the current lot or text them. I cannot even invite them to clubs. Is this usual for MC Command Center? The ghost in question is a played character. I just wonder if this is working as intended, as in played ghosts cannot be invited to clubs and so forth.

Deaderpool wrote:
    Sounds like base game behavior to me. Doesn't sound like it has to do with MCCC at all. Did they remove MCCC and try the same things? My guess would be, if they did, they would see the same thing happen. If not, and it only happens with MCCC in and no other mods/cc, then I can look at it for sure.

This is just the way the game itself works, unfortunately. It's been this way ever since ghosts first came out. I know, because I've been trying to get it changed or find a mod to change it pretty much since then.

@Ayradyss respond made me think of the following. The remaining Sim of my households often got a call from the passed away Sim to invite her. Also, I could invite ghosts Sims to the social Dance Event (Get together) by phone. This was the only event where those ghosts where listed in the list with Sims you can invite. When I didn't had the Book of Life/Epic saga and I didn't want to wait three days for the ghost to show up, I invited the ghost for the dance event. With testingcheats I could add the ghost to my household. After that I aborted the event. The remaining Sim was often a spouse of the ghost. I mention this in case this makes THE different.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 708 Member
    Thank you so much for your help @SimLibby
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Friendly reminder: you might want to go ahead and pull out your Mods folder since likely something in today's patch will break something in a mod (especially script mods like MCCC). Good chance to work on house building/remodel or Sims creation while waiting for updates.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,753 Member
    I already know some of my cc isn't showing up. :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Friendly reminder: you might want to go ahead and pull out your Mods folder since likely something in today's patch will break something in a mod (especially script mods like MCCC). Good chance to work on house building/remodel or Sims creation while waiting for updates.

my mods disabled on their own. i haven't played yet but i think they work. auto disabl hasn't workrd for me for a while today it did so i'm thinking positive.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/ "MC Command Center Release 3.5.1 is out!"

I wanted to offer this link to those that might not have seen it yet.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your help @SimLibby

You're welcome. :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »

If it isn't working as intended I have a few things to check, like updating sims 4 on my husbands computer and installing all the mods there for a look. It is just, I am a little bit short on energy so before I start working on hunting for the problem I just want to know if it is the way the mod is supposed to work.

Hi @SilentKitty,

Deaderpool wrote:

So happy hunting :#. I hope you figure it out. If it only happens with MCCC in and no other mods/cc, I can tell DP or you can do it yourself over at discordapp if you feel up to it. Good luck.

You are an angel, thank you so much <3

Then I will start looking for the problem on my end.

This is just the way the game itself works, unfortunately. It's been this way ever since ghosts first came out. I know, because I've been trying to get it changed or find a mod to change it pretty much since then. (Or learn enough to make one, but I'm not that knowledgeable so far.)

I actually got a lot of flack for suggesting that it might be a bug and/or is something that should be changed on these forums back then. (Or even asking for a mod, sometimes.) Seems a lot of folks believe that 'they're ghosts -- they don't have things like cell phones, that would be silly' even though they most definitely DO have their own cell phones that they can call anyone else they want to on, pay bills with, and all that. The only thing they're limited in is not being included on the list for other Sims to call/invite, it seems.

So yeah, I basically stopped asking, at least around here. If you ever do find such a mod, please let me know about it!

Ohh... thank you. Sad to hear it but thanks for informing me. It has been a while since I had a story with a lot of ghosts, pre-GtW so I had no idea that ghosts couldn't be in clubs. Well, that was a real bummer. Wanted to make a few clubs with ghosts-kids that play in the park and a club that plays bowling together :'(

Will look around in the game in my new save. Currently transferring all the households from my rotational save to a new one when the GP comes. The current save is really old and things are starting to act strange, think it is getting a little bit too buggy, figured that it might be time to do a restart.
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »

I have a question. I uninstalled the older version and installed the latest one, yet in my game the dropdown still reads 3.5.0. :open_mouth: Is this a minor goof or do I have to do the entire thing all over again?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

I have a question. I uninstalled the older version and installed the latest one, yet in my game the dropdown still reads 3.5.0. :open_mouth: Is this a minor goof or do I have to do the entire thing all over again?

i have the same thing.
  • Options

i have the same thing.

Thanks for the response. I'm guessing then this was a slight oversight, then. I don't have time to play today, really. I just took enough time to replace MCCC and to see if, by chance, some of my other cc returned. It did not. In trying to get it again (the cc) I used a different browser that absolutely went berserk with alarms. I quickly closed it down and will no longer worry about the missing cc. :open_mouth: Yikes. Today has been a real zinger!
  • Options

i have the same thing.

Thanks for the response. I'm guessing then this was a slight oversight, then. I don't have time to play today, really. I just took enough time to replace MCCC and to see if, by chance, some of my other cc returned. It did not. In trying to get it again (the cc) I used a different browser that absolutely went berserk with alarms. I quickly closed it down and will no longer worry about the missing cc. :open_mouth: Yikes. Today has been a real zinger!

i just wanted to make sure i was up to date before tuesday. and your welcome.
  • Options

i have the same thing.

i redownloaded now its says 3.5 2.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top