Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello @Spikefan74 :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice that you have joined us and have designed and posted a room for this week's challenge! Thankyou very much! I will be back very soon to post about your very nice kitchen :) I just wanted to welcome you to the thread now.
  • Options
    Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    Thank you so much rosemow! I had fun decorating. Thank you for the warm welcome. :)
  • Options
    Eco Friendly Kitchen is such a very nice light filled kitchen room! :) It is a very nice kitchen for sims to enjoy cooking meals with nice sunshine coming in through the windows. The type of windows used looks very nice! The greenery planter boxes look so nice placed along the top edges of the windows! The jars, condiments and utensils on the windows shelves and the fruit bowl, knives and dish rack on the counters are nice kitchen touches in the room. The natural wooden counters look great in the room. Nice eat in dining area in the room. The seating type looks nice. The yellow flowers are a nice touch of sunshine for sims to see as they enjoy eating a meal at the table. The flowers on the counter and plant in the corner nook are nice touches of nature in the room and are nice for sims to see when cooking and dining there. Sims will enjoy growing plants in the planters. The stone flooring looks nice.
    It Is a very nice eco friendly room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :) I look forward to you entering future room challenges also!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @Laebeth --- Thanks so much for your nice comment about my kitchen. I'm glad you like the bamboo, fruit and vegetables, as well as the size of the kitchen. You're right, Penelope could hold a cooking class and earn some extra money:)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @Laebeth thank you for your sweet comments. The brewery thing popped into my head because...well I like breweries. :)

I'm sorry I haven't commented individually on everyone's build, but I have seen them all and they are all so creative and different! It's all good and I hope to see more rooms submitted!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Hey guys! Quick pop-in before bed to upload and post my room.

ENTRY
    Theme: Eco Kitchen
    Room Name/Gallery Link: Eco Kitchen
    Origin ID: Zevath
    Description:
    Includes food replicator, indoor garden, ventilation walls, antimatter storage containers, eco fridge, cold fusion stove and oven and lots of other alien-tech extras. #oneroomoneweekonetheme challenge. #simtested #nocc requires #moo and 1.5 walls ♥. #zevath

Pix

ogYpT8R.png
    eVg6HRC.png
    bhIhHtz.png
    4MMrrwQ.png
    NzgC2Gm.png
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The design of Eco Kitchen is so very nice! @Jazztizz :) You are very creative in your ecological design ideas about the furnishings! The Eco fridge nook area looks great! The trees are nice natural touches either sides of the fridge, and the vehicles look great in the glass cabinet above the fridge. The yellow flower boxes look pretty in the room.The glass windows corner vases and flowers nooks look so very nice! They are great ventilation nooks ! The piping looks great! The cold fusion stove and oven look great! The stove looks great placed high up on the wall, and the utensils and jars are nice kitchen touches above it. The food replicator is such a very creative idea! It looks so very great! Very nice oven nook for sims to enjoy cooking meals. The utensils above the oven and on the walls in the nook areas either sides of it are great kitchen touches. The design of how the counters are placed in the room looks so very nice! The olive oil bottles and hanging pans are great touches in the room. The nano trash cans aregreat eco friendy items in the room.
    It is a very creatively nice Eco friendly kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    Hey Jazztizz, I love your kitchen. I love the nature and modern theme. The plants look great. Nice touch with the planter boxes under the counters. :)
  • Options
    ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    @Spikefan74 love all the windows with the hanging greenery very nice
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @Jazztizz Why didn't I think of that? <3 I love Sim Aliens and Sci-Fi and am a huge fan of all things Star Trek.
    Very nice futuristic Eco Friendly space. Is the Sim also in the gallery?
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Entry Form

Theme for the week: Eco Friendly Kitchen
    Gallery Name of Room: Eco Dream Kitchen
    Origin ID: misscbong

Pictures of the room:

cjz9fAX.png

b51XS84.png

rYJFLAY.png

3cWb2mW.png

uLvnDf1.png

• Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks @rosemow @Shellbell and @Laebeth for your lovely comments! That tile floor is my absolute FAVORITE! It's hard not to use it in every build lol.
  • Options
    The design and furnishing of Eco Dream Kitchen looks so very nice! @misscbong :) You have brought the outdoors inside in this very nice kitchen.Very nice layout of the room! The workbench table in the middle of the room looks great! The cookbooks, watering can, and green flowers are nice outdoors touches on top of the table. The wall texture gives a great natural feel to the room. The marble flooring looks very nice. The flowers wheelbarrow is pretty in the room. The stove nook wall looks great! The kitchen decor items on the wall shelves, the display cabinets and the wall utensils add such a nice look to the room area! The type of stove used suits well the theme of the room. Very nice windows armchairs and stool sitting nook! It is a very nice light filled alcove for sims to enjoy sitting resting there in the natural sunshine warmth and light. The books look great beside the chair. The corner of plants and flowers display shelves stand looks very great! They are nice touches of nature, green and colour in the room. The gardening tools on the wall are a great outdoors touch there. The log themed fire place area looks very nice. The fire will keep sims warm in the room. The hanging pans, kitchen wall shelving, olive oil bottles , condiments and spice set are great kitchen touches there. The branch lamps suit the Eco theme well! The herbs growing on the walls are great for sims to use in cooking.
    It is a very nice Eco and natural themed kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Congratulations on your Maxis fave, @ARADEMIS212 :)!!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Sorry, no time today to comment on everyone's wonderful rooms but I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week:113 Eco-friendly kitchen
    Gallery name of room : Country Thrift
    Origin id : folala
    Pictures of the room : https://flic.kr/s/aHskXacPZM
    KtQfAqJ.png
    SzWMJQe.png
    rlAQ14E.png
  • Options
    Country Thrift is a very nice calming and restful looking kitchen ! @folala :) The furnishing and design of the room is very nice! Very nice natural colour scheme of the room and the wall paneling looks very nice. It is great that there is an island workbench table in the middle of the room. The windows alcove is very nice! The plants and watering can are nice touches there. It looks great that you have placed the scales and the cute pig chef amidst the plants! Sims will enjoy having the sunshine coming into the room whilst they are cooking meals. The fruit wall pictures, garlic, hanging plants wall decor , fruit bowl, dish rack and the items on the wall shelves are such very nice kitchen touches! They look great how you have placed them. Very nice double stoves nook! Sims will enjoy cooking meals using the stoves there. The hanging pans and piping look great on the stove nook wall! The teapot and bottles are great touches there. The patterned floor rug adds to the very nice look of the room. Very nice armchair corner sitting nook for sims to rest whilst the meal is being cooked.
    It is a very nice country nature kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    rikaoceanrikaocean Posts: 24 Member
    Here is my entry for the week. It's an eclectic build with a variety of styles. I figured an eco kitchen would try to salvage materials from thrift stores and recycled building materials, so there are a variety of windows, cabinets, and a unifying color theme. I would love to have a kitchen like this, especially the garden nook. I also love the sink, it has that utility, and DIY quality about it that I think a young couple would do in a starter eco-friendly home.
    http://i.imgur.com/Kd1JTzR.png
    http://i.imgur.com/gfqRvY4.png
    http://i.imgur.com/QYGAbEJ.png
    http://i.imgur.com/U4fJuf9.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    rikaocean wrote: »
    Here is my entry for the week. It's an eclectic build with a variety of styles. I figured an eco kitchen would try to salvage materials from thrift stores and recycled building materials, so there are a variety of windows, cabinets, and a unifying color theme. I would love to have a kitchen like this, especially the garden nook. I also love the sink, it has that utility, and DIY quality about it that I think a young couple would do in a starter eco-friendly home.
    Kd1JTzR.png

gfqRvY4.png

QYGAbEJ.png

U4fJuf9.png

Up-cycled Eco Kitchen
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E61BA77B426011E788CA8C7B1FBDCF4D
  • Options
    All the areas in your Up-cycled Eco Kitchen look very nice! @rikaocean :) Very nice green, orange and grey colour scheme of the room! The different coloured cabinets complement each other well and the placement of them on the walls looks very nice! The garden nook is great! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the planters there. The herbs look great growing in planter boxes there, and plants decor are nice touches on the walls,. The sunflowers picture is nice for sims to see whilst gardening there. It is great that tgere is a watering can there. The flowers in the corner and on the display shelves look very pretty! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchair looking at what they grown there The nano trash can,and the compost and recycling bins are great ecological items to use in the room! The arrows look great on the wall near the bins! The counter areas look great! The utensils, mugs rack, overhead hanging pots fruit wall pictures, and condiments are great kitchen touches. The candle in the corner nook look pretty and are a nice natural touch. The patterned floor rugs and flower rug add to the very nice look of the kitchen. The texture of the furnishings looks great, and the varied types of curtains is a nice touch.
    The design, colour scheme and furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Some fabulous creations wow!
    and this is an awesome idea Rosemow :).. I think I'll enter and whip up something this evening.
  • Options
    Jouvay wrote: »
    Some fabulous creations wow!
    and this is an awesome idea Rosemow :).. I think I'll enter and whip up something this evening.

Hello @Jouvay :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice that you are planing to join us and create a room for this week's challenge ! I will look forward to seeing the kitchen room! :)
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Rosemow thank you for your wonderful comments. =) Re an earlier comment I missed, thanks so much. *hugs* It's much better. My IT (DH) guy got a cable that pretty much fixed it.

@Spikefan74 thank you! I noticed when I looked for your kitchen today that we like the same windows. Your kitchen is really pretty. First thing I thought was clean, elegant lines and awesome use of light.

@EuphorilQueen thank you. Yeah me too love the aliens, Sci-Fi fan too. =) The sims in my kitchen are mom/daughter but not on the gallery. I can upload them though.

@misscbong your kitchen is awesome! I love how you did the table with the big cookbook and shelves underneathe. It looks so authentic. Lots of detail. Love it!

@folala this is such a great kitchen. I especially love the double wood-burning stove with the pipe. It's perfect. Lots of cute little touches like the stack of books, and the box of cereal on the shelf. I love the window nook too.

@rikaocean I really like your unique idea about using salvagable and thrift-shop items. So cool how you pulled it all together too -- love the colors!

@Coolsim9999999 cute kitchen -- love the big work space with the cutting boards and cookbooks! Penelope did a great job loving Mama Earth. Love the fruit/veggie bins. Really cute sim holding the cake too. =)

and...I just ran out of time. Have a great weekend everyone! I hope to be back tomorrow to look at more rooms. <3.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi @rosemow this week rooms are awesome, full of textures and so many pretty details, the clutter is cute. I love cooking so I really like kitchens in sims and real life <3 Congratz to everyone o:) And congratz to maxis favs B)

I was wondering @rosemow how you embebed a link in a word: I want my name room to include the link to the gallery, I do not know the code :p

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: an Eco Living themed kitchen
    Gallery name of room: Eco Friendly Kitchen
    Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/8D9A1E5341D411E78C3C8C7B1FBDCF4D
    Origin id: osiazul
    Pictures of the room:

25-05-2017_23-47-52_zpszq8kjr2d.png
    25-05-2017_23-49-54_zps9j4dxtyo.png
    25-05-2017_23-53-32_zpsuooktjai.png
    25-05-2017_23-54-12_zpsany8iejc.png
    Post edited by emere on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The furnishing and layout of Eco Friendly Kitchen looks so very nice! @emere :) Very nice natural looking brown and green colour scheme of the room! The combination of the green coloured walls and stone textured walls looks so very nice together! The pillars look great in the room! The plants wall decor are nice touches of nature on them, and the patterned square wall tiles on them looks great! . Very nice bar counter nook! The drinks shelves look very nice placed on the greenery on the wall. Very nice L shaped bar stool counter! Sims will enjoy sittng on the stools eating a meal and having a drink from the bar. The cookbooks, fruit bowl and cake display item on the counter, and the spice set, utensils, knives , hanging pans and olive oil bottles on the wall are very nice kitchen touches there! The nectar rack is great in the room. The plant is a nice touch of nature in the corner windows nook. It is nice that there is a high chair in the room so that toddlers can sit there whilst there parents are preparing meals. The clock is a great home touch in the room. Very nice flooring texture. The pastries wall picture is very appetising to look at!
    The environment friendly furnishing of the room looks very natural, calming and nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top