Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Theme for the week: Design a study for an author
    Gallery name: Cookbook Writer Study
    EA ID: amyybugg14

I decided to do a study for a cookbook writer! Jennifer has her own retreat out in the woods to get away and write. She has a gourmet kitchen to create new recipes, stage them perfectly for photo shoots, and then put the book all together. Her best selling cookbook was called "Recipes for the Secret Sweet Tooth" and is currently working on a sequel, "Recipes for the Secret Meat Lover". The Cookbook Writer Study is her absolute favorite place to write and it's where she does her best work.

https://flic.kr/p/USNJho
    https://flic.kr/p/UG2Xjb
    https://flic.kr/p/USNJjC
    https://flic.kr/p/UG2XmW
    https://flic.kr/p/UG2Xou
    https://flic.kr/p/USNJo5
    https://flic.kr/p/UG2Xvy
    https://flic.kr/p/USNJpN
    https://flic.kr/p/UG2Xyu
    https://flic.kr/p/USNJr1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    Gallery name: Cookbook Writer Study
    EA ID: amyybugg14

I decided to do a study for a cookbook writer! Jennifer has her own retreat out in the woods to get away and write. She has a gourmet kitchen to create new recipes, stage them perfectly for photo shoots, and then put the book all together. Her best selling cookbook was called "Recipes for the Secret Sweet Tooth" and is currently working on a sequel, "Recipes for the Secret Meat Lover". The Cookbook Writer Study is her absolute favorite place to write and it's where she does her best work.

34705494126_e84a576928_z_d.jpg

34583592962_abf5624529_z_d.jpg

34705494256_0d9af55004_z_d.jpg

34583593122_5536e3f11e_z_d.jpg

34583593212_c8ea8387c6_z_d.jpg

34705494456_48a22550b9_z_d.jpg

34583593622_60053512be_z_d.jpg

34705494556_15e3303a0f_z_d.jpg

34583593792_6f9189b722_z_d.jpg

34705494626_05acf0c2bf_z_d.jpg

• Options
    The design of Cookbook Writer Study as a study room retreat where Jennifer goes to create her recipes for her cookbook, test them out, style the pictures, then use them to compose her cookbooks there is great! @amyybugg92 :) The layout and furnishing of the room is so very nice! The kitchen nook area is great! It looks very nice how the cabinets have been placed on the wall. Nice long Island workbench and bar stool counter for her to to use whilst enjoying testing out cooking the recipes. The cake display item , spice set. fruit bowl, and knifes block are nice kitchen touches there. The yellow flowers are sunny for her to see when cooking. The nectar rack is great in the room. She will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the kitchen windows whilst cooking the food. Very nice study desk nook! She will enjoy sitting at the desk table using her computer to compose her cookbook. The books are a great touch on the desk. The type and placement of the curtains in the room look very nice. . It is nice that there is bookcase beside the door, that contains copied of her cookbook. The plants are nice touches of nature in the room.She will enjoy sitting at the dining table taste testing the food. The pears wall picture is a nice touch. It is great that there is a globe bar in the corner nook for her to enjoy having a drink with the meal, or to drink when sitting relaxing on the sofa when taking a break from working. She will enjoy watching tv after finishing her work for the day. Very nice entrance nook to the room. The coat stand is homely there and the chef pig is cute!
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! It is a very special study retreat for her to enjoy composing her cookbooks! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    EA ID: popettypop2012
    Gallery name: Fantasy Writer's Study
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DAE4D8B93C4911E785A7958BEA11611F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false

I chose a room for a Fantasy Writer because I love the Fantasy genre. Bring on all the fairies, vampires, dragons and magical realms. I'm thinking, Game of Thrones, Lord of The Rings, the Twilight Saga (yes, I enjoyed them) and many other fantasy books that fill my hours with so much fun. I hope this room does it justice and brings inspiration to fantasy writers. Thank you to @rosemow for a fun challenge!
    2Z9pCxH.png
    RnZQguG.png
    M2G0gle.png
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2017
    So many wonderful rooms!! Thank you @rosemow for another awesome challenge <3
    Congratz to @WrathofCath and @zathyra on your Maxis Favs! :star::star:

My sim is writing the next best seller, a fantasy-romance book B)
    lol
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a study for an author,based on a book type
    Gallery name of room : A Supernatural Fairy Tale
    Origin id : Dangerous12Angel
    Pictures of the room :
    34585293432_b8a0cc4c2b_b.jpg05-19-17_12-25-06 AM by , on Flickr
    34615885331_3bafb0fd50_b.jpg05-19-17_12-25-28 AM by , on Flickr
    34615882761_140601bed6_b.jpg05-19-17_12-25-40 AM by , on Flickr
    33905098904_e2258b9a8e_b.jpg05-19-17_12-25-54 AM by , on Flickr
    33905097624_ddcb6d378f_b.jpg
    33905095314_a89d823278_b.jpg05-19-17_12-27-30 AM by , on Flickr
  • Options
    The fantasy themed furnishing of Fantasy Writer's Study looks so very nice! @popettypop2012 :) The various areas of the room look great! The Fairy garden area looks very pretty! The grassy flooring, fairy statue and floral greenery on the wall look so nice! The butterflies look very pretty on the walls! Very nice sitting area with the log themed seat and the tree stump tables either sides of it. The lattice wall flowers and the flowers on the stump tables look very nice! The wall texture suits the fantasy theme. The spell book and the treasure chests are great in the room!The wooden chess chairs and table goes well with the fairy garden, and Jennifer will have fun playing chess when taking a break from writing her fantasy books on the computer at the desk table. Very nice study desk nook! The floral floor rug and the tapestry on the wall are pretty for her to see when sitting at the desk table table using the computer. She will enjoy listening to music from the gramaphone whilst writing. The lantern lights look pretty either sides of the desk. Very windows art nook for Jennifer to do paintings on the sunlight on the easel there to use in her book. The knight and the black brambles on the wall in a section of the room looks great! The water fountain on the wall is a great fanntasy touch. The rock table area with the teaset and camera looks great! It is nice that there is a bookcase in her study which contain her fantasy books that she has written.
    The room is very inspirational for writing fantasy stories! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    The layout and furnishing of A Supernatural Fairy Tale look so creatively great! @ARADEMIS212 :) The two areas of the room looks very nice! It is great that the computer study desk nook area has wooden flooring, and the wall of bookcases looks great. The noticeboards, files,diplomas, cork board and calendar are nice study touches on the wall. It is great that the computer desk table are facing the fantasy and romance area, for inspiration whilst writing. The fantasy themed mysims look great on the desk table! The books are nice touches on the table and floor, The furnishing of the fantasy area is very creative! The gargoyle, spider web and black brambles on the wall look very great! The tombstone looks great in the room! The romance between the pretty fairy mannequin and the vampire mannequin in the red suit and hat is very specia! <3 The roses tree, heart decor on the walls, and the roses on the table are special romantic touches. The grassy flooring looks very nice! The bunny is cute! The colour butterflies on the white lit tree on the wall looks very pretty! The romance movie posters are very nice touches on the walls!
    It is such a very nice room to inspire fantasy romance novels! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Here's my second entry. It's a study for a wellness book author. She wants a lot of nature sights and sounds to help her achieve serenity and mindfulness.

Challenge No 112
    Theme for the week: Study for an author
    Gallery name of room: A Study in Zen
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3D73D0A13C5311E786458C7B1FBDCF4D
    Pics:

05-18-17_7-03-16PM.png
    05-18-17_7-06-19PM.png
    05-18-17_7-04-56PM.png
    05-18-17_7-04-23PM.png
    05-18-17_7-04-03PM.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    The study for a wellness book author looks very calming and tranquil! @lsnishi :) Jennifer will feel very relaxed and calm when she writes her books on the computer at the desk table in the room, The floor rug under the desk table adds a nice look to the desk nook area. It looks nice that the table is angled in the corner. The corner nook plant is a nice touch of nature and the wall picture suits the room theme well The rock waterfall fountain,the pink flowers either sides of it, the greenery Ivy on the wall, the lilypads pond and the flowers around the pond all look so very pretty and give a serene feel to the room! Jennifer will enjoy having a restful hand and foot massage. The bamboo water fountain windows feature looks so very nice! Nice sofa seat sitting area for her to enjoy sitting resting there having a cup of tea whilst looking at the water fall fountain and pond feature. The eclipse patterned wall light is a nice touch in the room. The cherry blossom wall picture is very pretty! The brown and green colour scheme of the room looks very nice! Jennidee will enjoy meditating quietly on the meditation stool. The meditation corner nook looks very nice with the candles and towels there. She will enjoy the aroma of incense in the room.
    It is such a very serene, tranquil and peaceful room! Thankyou again very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow! I really enjoyed this week's challenge and all the entries have been marvelous. You certainly have us working our imaginations this week!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    So great with such an open theme, as there is so much variation :blush:

@Cbear13 You have such an eye for details. I feel I can sit and watch your room for hours and still be discovering a new little details I haven't noticed before. I love those manikins in their romantic outfits. I also love how you have used columns and different textures on the walls to create some interest. The bow and arrow on the desk is just too cute, as are the roses scattered around, and the heart shaped flooring. It's a beautiful room :blush:

@carolynrosser What a great room! The wall of Murder weapons is so cool, love that! It will inspire so much creativity for Jennifer! The confusing olive oil is too funny :D The portrait of the main character is another great touch! The butler holding a variety of oobjects and your commentary on them was just so great.. haha! I laughed so much going through your post, so thank you for sharing :wink:

@art Another wonderful idea for a study! It looks so great with the posters on the wall, the robot and comic stickers and the big statue! There are so many creative details in this room. The room has a really grungy look, I love it :blush:

@lsnishi Your traveller's study looks great! I love the wall shelving you have created for the snow globes! The postcards are also a great idea, and looks wonderful on the wall. Love that you added a bench unit with a coffee/tea machine for late nights. Very practical!

Your wellness study is also gorgeous! That waterfall looks so wonderful, and I love the little pond and grassy area you created. The fountains with the bamboo looks stunning! Great that you yet again added a coffee nook :wink: It looks and feels very serene! Two great rooms and so creative, love them :blush:

@folala Such a great room! The rows of bookshelves (double stacked even!) with the stairs included looks stunning! Such a clever idea! I also love the fireplace, and your choice of desks and recliner chairs to sit and relax on. It's a beautiful room!

@amyybugg92 Of course a cookbook writer needs a kitchen :wink: It's a lovely and large kitchen to try new recipies, and I love the homely country feel of it. Great that you also added a little dining area :blush: Love the details you added, like that chef pig! Too cute :heart:

@popettypop2012 Love the stone wall! It looks so great against all the flowers you have used, and I love that you also have a floral rug under the desk :smiley: The tree trunk furniture also compliments the theme so wonderfully! It's a beautiful room with lovely little details, like the butterflies and teaset :blush:

@ARADEMIS212 Great idea! Love the rose tree and the two manikins in their little outfits! Love the opposites, the man in the suit and with a ghoul on his side, representing more if a dark side, and the woman dressed as a fairy representing the good.

Looking forward to more entries!

As for myself I actually have no idea what to build yet! I've had a few ideas but they haven't really worked out so far. I'll keep thinking on it, and keep trying, but we'll see. Sometimes an open theme almost makes it more difficult, too many options! haha!

OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow for your very detailed comment and for hosting this fun challenge.

Thank you @laebeth for your kind comment :) Good luck with your build. I'm sure you'll create a wonderful room.
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thankyou @Laebeth I was hoping people would notice the little love decorations I placed around the room like the bow and arrow :) Thanks for the lovely words.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Thank you @lsnishi :) great job on your travel themed study, I really like how you made the display case for the snow globes, the tiling under the desk and postcards
    I love your zen room. The rockery waterfall & garden in the centre is gorgeous & the waterfalls with the bamboo behind.

@amyybugg92 beautiful kitchen/study, wonderful layout and perfectly placed décor/clutter items. and I really like that you included the wine shelves-no kitchen is complete without them!

@popettypop2012 beautiful room, love the stone walls, the log and tree stump sofa is gorgeous, as are the trellises and statues

@ARADEMIS212 I really like the layout of your room, with the scene unfolding in front of the desk -its like a movie set!

Thanks very much @coolsim9999999 @Art @Laebeth and @rosemow
    I'm really enjoying this theme, it's so cool to see so many different ideas. And as I have a day off work and the kids in school/crèche I thought I may as well make another room. This one is for a Western writer. I couldn't decide between making a saloon or old jailhouse so I went with neither and themed it on a telegraph/cable office instead.
    Challenge No 112
    Theme for the week: Study for an author
    Gallery name of room: telegraph.office.study.
    Origin ID: folala
    Link: https://flic.kr/s/aHskVKYSHf
    15549c1.png
    29lkd2f.png
    vhqnmv.png
    294t75t.png
  • Options
    zathyrazathyra Posts: 83 Member
    Thank you all for the congratulations :)

Absolutely love the theme for this week <3

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a study for an author, based on a book type
    Gallery name of room: SciFi Author's Study
    Origin id: ZiahZi
    Pictures of the room:
    phfGiyA.png
    5Y2nfAN.png
    IYdiRL4.png
    EPSOrxp.png
    pOZo5xl.png
  • Options
    Thank you @Laebeth. I'm sure you'll come up with a wonderful room. You're so creative and have a great eye for details!

Thank you also @folala. I love your new western themed room. I'd forgotten about the old typewriter and old fashioned clock. Great details and finishings in your room. It really does look like it came out of a western movie!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    The western novel themed room looks very great! @folala :) It looks great that you based the room on a telegraph /cable office! The furnishings suit the theme well! The wooden wall and floor texture gives a great look to the room. The picture of the man with the cowboy hat look great in the room! The coat stand is a nice touch. The writer will enjoy having a cup of coffee whilst writing the western novels on the typewriter instead of a computer! Using the typewriters in the room is a great idea! The old style wall clock looks nice, and the scroll in the display case is a great touch. The lamps and lantern suit well the room theme. Very nice corner nook old style heater! You have very creatively designed it using the stove and piping ! The author will enjoy sitting resting there reading a book, taking a break from writing. The design of the writing desk area looks very great! The files on the shelves, keys on the wall, fruit crates in the corner nook and the books under the table look great.
    The design and furnishing of the room looks very nice! Thankyou very much again for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Loving these rooms! I hope to get time this weekend to comment in detail.

@Laebeth I follow you on the gallery so I've been able to favorite several thanks to your favorites. So thanks! =)

I decided to make my study small, and I plan to make a few of these because several of my sims now have my fishing lot. So this is basically the same shape living room but made into a study. Nearly all my sims love to fish and to write -- funny that, me too!

Description:
    Poet's study. Amy is inspired by the beauty in her garden and writes beautiful poems about the crimson of amaryllis and the silver of moon-touched magnolias*. She dabbles in painting too. #simtested #nocc #small #study Created for Rosemow's #oneroomoneweekonetheme challenge, #zevath

*This is an homage to imagist poet Amy Lowell.

ENTRY
    Theme for the week: A Genre Appropriate Author's Room
    Gallery Name/Link: Poet's Study
    Origin ID: Zevath
    Pix:

r9ctRov.jpg
    seORV5S.png
    9batDev.png
    oMur57T.png
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    The science fiction themed design of SciFi Author's Study looks so very great! @zathyra :) The lighting is very effective! The red wall sections gives a great scifi feel to the room! The sectioned off computer platform nook looks great! The type of computer used suits well the theme! The red light bulbs look great placed either sides of the large tv. The author will enjoy writing her scifi books on the computer. The control station nook with the map on the wall looks creatively great! The crystals and books are nice touches on the wall shelves. The gnome and the cowplant in the water tube cylinder look great! The piping looks great how you have used it in the room. The chairs look great either sides of the portal nook. She will enjoy using the portal to travel to Sixam to get further inspiration for writing her scifi books!
    The scifi furnishings and the colour scheme of the room looks very great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @Folala - that looks like Trinity College library! Way cool! - You were just there weren't you???? I'm onto ya!!
    @coolsim9999999 - very cute and very cool theme. Great bright colors
    @Cbear13 What a fun room! Love all the little details!
    @carolynrosser - Great concept great room!! Death by olive oil? I want to read that one! LOL
    @art - what a very fun room and great idea. Love your comic writer too! He's perfect.
    @lsnishi - Travelogue writer!!!! What a wonderful idea and I so wish I'd thought of it myself! Nice job too!!
  • Options
    Poet's Study is such a very calming and serene study for Amy to compose her poems! @Jazztizz :) The nature themed wall paintings on the walls through the room look so very nice, and would be so very inspirational when composing poems! Very nice windows armchairs sitting nook! She would enjoy sitting resting there with sunshine coming in to the room, and looking out through the windows for outdoors inspiration. She would enjoy reading books there or softly playing the guitar. The type, blue colour and the placement of the curtains in the room looks very nice. The study desk corner nook looks very nice! It looks great that the desk is angled into the corner. The floral and plants paintings on the walls, the plant in the corner in front of the desk , and the flowers on the desk and in front of the windows are such very nice natural and pretty touches in the room! The wall texture gives a great feel to the room. The circular floor rug looks nice under the study desk and chair. She will enjoy listening to music whilst composing. The greenery looks very nice above the door and the hanging basket is a nice touch .
    It is a very restful, nature themed room for the poet to enjoy composing! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Ainsleyf --- Thanks a lot for your nice comment!

@folala --- I love the pile of old-fashioned typewriter and books, as well as the pipe above the stove :)!

Great rooms everyone!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thanks @Ainsleyf! I can't wait to see your room; I always find your builds beautiful and surprising.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks @rosemow for the review! It makes me happy that you notice all the little touches I added! @Laebeth and @folala thanks for your lovely comments! This room was just so fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top