Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content

Are there any custom content that is safe to use on sims 4 that does not have to many glitches and won't destroy my game?

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    nope.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    What types of CC are you looking for, custom items or Mods?
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    nope.

Not very helpful and yes, there are a lot of CC/Mods out there that won't harm your game.

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    lilonesub wrote: »
    nope.

Not very helpful and yes, there are a lot of CC/Mods out there that won't harm your game.

It is. It's the only correct answer to OP's question.
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    What types of CC are you looking for, custom items or Mods?

Both
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Long ago, I used to use CC but totally abandoned it because of the glitches. I only use Maxis content for now.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    shedeviledeggshedeviledegg Posts: 39 Member
    Are there any custom content that is safe to use on sims 4 that does not have to many glitches and won't destroy my game?

I use a ton of custom content (830MB worth) with a fully functioning game. My favorite is MC Command Center by Deaderpool. Some of my favorite creators are CmarNYC, jackboog21, LittleMsSam, LumiaLover, plasticbox, PolarBearSims, and scumbumbo.

I like mods that prevent Sims from performing certain autonomous actions; that add custom Aspirations, careers, and traits; that add Maxis-match hairstyles and clothing. I despise the appearance of mods in the game, like super high def makeup and clothes. You can definitely find the cartoony-goodness CC out there. There's also a very specific mod that adds a 3D mesh for eyelashes by Kijiko.

The key is to make sure you 1) remove mods when updating, 2) make sure all your mods are either updated, compatible, or removed if not compatible after a patch, 3) only download from good custom content sites, and 4) learn how to repair your game and "debug" issues that you're having, like removing all mods then re-adding one at a time to figure out which one is causing the issue (unless it's an EA bug :I )

Note, I have a ton of modding experience from The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, and Skyrim. If you haven't tried modding Skyrim before, you don't know what h*ll is. Lol. But I was successfully running 100+ mods on Skyrim and still had a functional game. It's all about having a process and sticking to it.

Modthesims is probably my favorite CC site; they have a wide variety of custom content, and they require posters to go through a verification process before posts go public. Creators don't always like the site, but it's great for us consumers. :)

Deaderpool is on tumblr now but always make quality CC.

I would avoid blog-sites if you're worried about breaking your game (LumiaLover is an exception, always good stuff). You never know what to expect.
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member

I use a ton of custom content (830MB worth) with a fully functioning game. My favorite is MC Command Center by Deaderpool. Some of my favorite creators are CmarNYC, jackboog21, LittleMsSam, LumiaLover, plasticbox, PolarBearSims, and scumbumbo.

I like mods that prevent Sims from performing certain autonomous actions; that add custom Aspirations, careers, and traits; that add Maxis-match hairstyles and clothing. I despise the appearance of mods in the game, like super high def makeup and clothes. You can definitely find the cartoony-goodness CC out there. There's also a very specific mod that adds a 3D mesh for eyelashes by Kijiko.

The key is to make sure you 1) remove mods when updating, 2) make sure all your mods are either updated, compatible, or removed if not compatible after a patch, 3) only download from good custom content sites, and 4) learn how to repair your game and "debug" issues that you're having, like removing all mods then re-adding one at a time to figure out which one is causing the issue (unless it's an EA bug :I )

Note, I have a ton of modding experience from The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, and Skyrim. If you haven't tried modding Skyrim before, you don't know what h*ll is. Lol. But I was successfully running 100+ mods on Skyrim and still had a functional game. It's all about having a process and sticking to it.

Modthesims is probably my favorite CC site; they have a wide variety of custom content, and they require posters to go through a verification process before posts go public. Creators don't always like the site, but it's great for us consumers. :)

Deaderpool is on tumblr now but always make quality CC.

I would avoid blog-sites if you're worried about breaking your game (LumiaLover is an exception, always good stuff). You never know what to expect.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    nope.

How is CC or mods going to hurt the persons game? If it does anything you just take it out and your game is fine so I don't see how it would hurt their game or anyone's game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    nope.

How is CC or mods going to hurt the persons game? If it does anything you just take it out and your game is fine so I don't see how it would hurt their game or anyone's game.

that's my point. If it's not in the game it doesn't hurt the game.
  • Options
    nope.

But all it would actually do is just crash the game it doesn't hurt your game. That is if you have bad CC or mod but that is rare most of the creators have good CC.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    monocerotis13monocerotis13 Posts: 567 Member
    If you want furniture and build items try these -peacemaker-ic and B5 Studio. I've used them in my game since the beginning with no problems whatsoever. I also use MCCC and a few custom skins and make up- none of which have ever caused problems, and if I don't like how they look in game I remove them.
    'No I'm from Iowa- I only work in outer space' James Tiberius Kirk
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Yes, most creators do have good cc. The problem comes when there is an update patch. Sometimes the coding breaks and no longer works. Some creators don't update their cc. You do have to remove the cc. The problem is the long process of finding the conflicting cc.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have tons of CC and several 'cannot live without' mods and none of it has ever crashed or glitched my game. Once in a while it will show up oddly but that's an easy fix by just removing the bad cc. If you don't want to use it, don't but don't say that all CC is bad because some out there is.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s4cc is where I find all my CC. Haven't had any problems.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I use a lot of what @shedeviledegg has. I just looked up the size of my CC and it's 3.03GB! I don't seem to have any problems.
    I couldn't live without MC Command Centre.

I installed CC Traits in the last couple of days, I think saving might have slowed down since then but that's the only problem I've ever had.
    Most important thing is to have folders, so you can find anything glitchy. I use The Sims 4 Mod Manager, not so much to help installing the content but to find and unclick anything that might not be working. I'm sure others will have different things they use to help.

Not counting when I lost all my saves, as that was me fluffing around behind the scenes lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    nope.

The problem with this is, TS4 is full of bugs, I have read so many threads with complaints about bugs in vanilla games that seem to make the game not so much fun to play, I have MCCC in my game which has corrected so many of these bugs eg fullcaseditmode doesn't work anymore when you click on it to edit townies, it still works with MCCC in the game, my sims no longer, get drinks from sinks or bars, play with their phones, go straight to the computers, mourn all of the time or get countless text messages, all because of MCCC and the settings I have chosen for the game. I have story progression in my game which is great, my non-played households get married and have kids all on their own, I totally enjoy my game and have no problems with it which is due to my using MCCC or other mods "fixing" EA's bugs.

ETA MCCC is updated all of the time, we just got a new updated version a day or 2 ago, which now includes being able to have male/female clubs only, which is great and has been something asked for here on the forum.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    nope.

The problem with this is, TS4 is full of bugs, I have read so many threads with complaints about bugs in vanilla games that seem to make the game not so much fun to play, I have MCCC in my game which has corrected so many of these bugs eg fullcaseditmode doesn't work anymore when you click on it to edit townies, it still works with MCCC in the game, my sims no longer, get drinks from sinks or bars, play with their phones, go straight to the computers, mourn all of the time or get countless text messages, all because of MCCC and the settings I have chosen for the game. I have story progression in my game which is great, my non-played households get married and have kids all on their own, I totally enjoy my game and have no problems with it which is due to my using MCCC or other mods "fixing" EA's bugs.

ETA MCCC is updated all of the time, we just got a new updated version a day or 2 ago, which now includes being able to have male/female clubs only, which is great and has been something asked for here on the forum.
    Thanks for the info that he updated it I was still on the one below that one.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    shedeviledeggshedeviledegg Posts: 39 Member
    Sablesasha wrote: »
    [...]
    I couldn't live without MC Command Centre.

I installed CC Traits in the last couple of days, I think saving might have slowed down since then but that's the only problem I've ever had.
    Most important thing is to have folders, so you can find anything glitchy. I use The Sims 4 Mod Manager, not so much to help installing the content but to find and unclick anything that might not be working. I'm sure others will have different things they use to help.

Not counting when I lost all my saves, as that was me fluffing around behind the scenes lol.

Hey, it's a really good point to say "Most important thing is to have folders". I always keep the original file name from the .zip or .rar file for the folder so I can trace the CC back to its origin--to check for updates, to read comments from other players to see if they had problems with it. Usually, a creator will have good filenames so you know how to identify them. If a creator does not have a good naming practice, that could be a sign that they're not a reliable creator.

I wanted to add some creators to the list from my Bookmarks...
    -Wildly Miniature Sandwich
    -reticulates
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member

Most CC will not cause problems in the game, and the worst thing that will happen with it is that it won't function correctly after a patch. Usually, if a patch causes a major problem with a specific type of CC, Sims 4 Studio updates with a batch-fix that will correct the problem in your CC files with one button click. For example, there was a patch that caused the vast majority of CC lights to stop working. Studio updated with a fix so that every person who has CC lights in their game could fix those lights themselves. The same thing happened to male CC bottoms after a different patch, and Studio made a batch fix for that problem too. Batch fixing things makes life a lot easier for people who download CC and people who upload CC. For most breakage like this caused by patches, you won't have to wait for creators to update their item, and you won't have to hunt it down to remove it. You can run a batch-fix to solve the problem.

Also, Sims 4 Studio forums has a great downloads section where many talented creators and modders post CC and Mods. The content there is made by people who know how to use Sims 4 Studio (the tool most CC is made with), and it is safe for your game.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I like TSR but I have a Mac and so far I do not have any problems with CC some of it is bad but then I just find it and get rid of it. When I had a PC I had all kinds of trouble messed my game and my computer.
  • Options
    simmerdowndownsimmerdowndown Posts: 7 New Member
    From my experience, there is cc that is safe, but I haven't found a way to figure out to tell which is safe and which isn't... At least not without downloading mods from other sites.
  • Options
    makadoo1121makadoo1121 Posts: 1 New Member
    how do you get custom content
  • Options
    LazysimmetteLazysimmette Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm getting a new computer, I was wondering how you can transfer all your CC to another computer or re download it via website that I can upload it all to, HELP !?