Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks so much for your nice comments, @rosemow, @coolsim9999999 and @Art! Rosemow, I'm so glad you enjoyed my commentary! :) Thank you for this theme--it's a really fun one, and is sure to bring lots of different kinds of interpretations. I may do one or two more, before the week is up!

@coolsim9999999: Great idea to put your room in a playground! There's no better inspiration than watching kids play, and seeing what makes them laugh. Great colors in the room, too, and lots of fun details!

@Cbear13: I love your romance theme! Great idea, and you've brought the theme to life with so many great touches! I love the movie poster and the microscope slide, the male and female mannequins (who look like they're flirting with each other across the room), and the bow and arrow on the desk. Nice work!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,109 Member
    @carolynrosser --- You're welcome!
    I'm glad you liked my room :smile: --- the details in the room and the location I picked for to inspire the author. :smile: I think it will definitely help her to write books, which connect even better with the children who listen to or read her stories.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    rikaoceanrikaocean Posts: 24 Member
    Fun! Fun! Fun! I love to read, it's going to be hard to decide what I want to do. Wish I could start right now, but I am at work and have to wait for the weekend.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    rikaocean wrote: »
    Fun! Fun! Fun! I love to read, it's going to be hard to decide what I want to do. Wish I could start right now, but I am at work and have to wait for the weekend.

Hello @rikaocean :) I will look forward to seeing your room! Happy designing and simming!
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Wow this thread is so fun to read today.

@coolsim9999999 thanks can't wait to give it a try.

@Cbear13 romance! Perfect room for a romance writer. Really cool I love how unique it is and the colors chosen. Love the heart-shaped rug you made.

@carolynrosser I laughed out loud about intriguing and confusing olive oil. Such a great series of photos and captions. Really fun to read. Love the poster of her main character too! Love the series of items on the statue -- all very (ahem) novel ideas for the butler to present. =)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Hello @Cbear13 :) I was having a look at your romance themed room again and there are so many great romantic touches in the room, that I hadn't seen the bow and arrow on the desk table! I just wanted to say that it was such a great touch in the room! It also looks very nice how the half walls and starry string pattern on the walls, have been used to section off the sofa reading nook. The flowers are a nice touch behind the sofa.
  • Options
    You're welcome, @Jazztizz :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member

Challenge no: 112
    Theme for the week: A Study for an author, based on book type.
    Gallery name of room: Comic book writer.
    Origin id: ArtByAmans.
    Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/430018DC3BF911E7873B8C7B1FBDCF4D

05181774230PM1495133999.png
    05181774211PM1495135266.png
    05181774306PM1495135309.png
    05181774039PM1495135379.png
    05181775130PM1495135409.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The comic book themed room for Chuck Dixon looks very great! @Art :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! Very nice sofa seat sitting nook for him to relax there, and have a read of his comic books whilst taking a break from using the computer. The movie posters look great on the walls! The purple and yellow coloured floor rugs add a very special touch and look to the room areas. The books are a great touch on the coffee table, and the wall of bookcases looks nice. The toys in the varied places through the room looks great! They suit the theme well! The mysim figures look great on the tables, and the toys are nice touches on the wall shelves and book shelves. The action figure wall print and the mysims wall decal look so very great in the room! Very nice computer study desk nook! The type of desk used looks great, and the posters are a nice touch on the study desk wall, for him to see whilst enjoying working on his comic book on the computer. The curtained windows corner nook is nice. He will enjoy having sunshine coming in through the windows whilst working on his book. The statue in the room suits the theme well! The alien themed poster looks nice between the windows. The robot on the floor is a great touch.
    Your sim, Chuck Dixon, is very nice! His hat adds a nice look to his outfit. He will be very inspired to write his comic books in his study room, with such great furnishings! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Wow, I'm so far behind on this thread! so I'm just going to say amazing job everyone on the Sylan Glade rooms, they were all so magical & well done @rosemow for picking such a wonderful theme.
    Congratulations to @WrathofCath and @zathyra on your Maxis Faves! :star:

@coolsim9999999 your crayon room is so cute, love the wishing well & the reading circle and the bright colours
    @Cbear13 very romantic room, the heart-shaped seating area is so cool & all the flowers are very pretty
    @carolynrosser great colour scheme-it really suits the theme, I especially love the wall with all the murder weapons and the butler - we must be on the same wavelength somehow because I've got a butler holding a dodo in mine too-although I'm almost sure it hasn't been used to do anyone in! :p
    @Art I really like the L-shaped layout of your room with the astronaut statue separating the two areas, and all the little statues and posters and I really like the sim as well. He looks like he should be a fifth Marx brother - very fitting for the comedy theme.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @folala --- Thanks a lot. I'm happy that you especially like the wishing well/reading area/colors :)! It will be nice to see your room :)!

@Art --- I like the bright rug, posters and MySims in your comic book author's room :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Wow, so many creative and wonderfully different rooms! @rosemow outdid herself in giving us a theme that made our imaginations work overtime.

I have ideas for two rooms for this challenge. Here's the easier to build of the two. It's a study for a sim who loves travelling and writes travel guides. She's collected snow globes and postcards from all the places she's gone and looks at them for inspiration for her books. She also has coffee and tea available in the study in case she wants to write late into the night or early morning.

Challenge No 112
    Theme for the week: Study for an author
    Gallery Name of Room: World Traveller Study
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F63DC7CE3C0C11E781778C7B1FBDCF4D

Pics:
    05-18-17_11-00-50AM.png
    05-18-17_10-55-43AM.png
    05-18-17_10-54-57AM.png
    05-18-17_10-55-23AM.png

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    I made my room for a Historical fiction writer
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: #112 A study for an author of a specific genre
    Gallery name of room : The Historical society
    Origin id : folala
    Pictures of the room :https://flic.kr/s/aHsm12dQb4
    2h81p55.png
    2wpujc4.png
  • Options
    Wow @folala! That is a magnificent room! The details and atmosphere are perfect for a historical fiction writer. I love how you did the fireplace area. Great job!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @isnishi --- Your travel author room has great travel details, including that big globe in the corner and city living snow globes/outdoor retreat rug :)!

@folala ---It's great how you placed those bookcases on top of each other for a historical feel --- so many historical aspects make the room very atmospheric :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you @coolsim9999999! It's amazing how different all the rooms for this challenge are, but all of them are very creative. I hope everyone has fun with this challenge!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    The design and furnishing of World Traveller Study looks so very great! @lsnishi :) It was a great idea to base the room on a sim who enjoys traveling and writes travel guides! The displays of the items that she has collected from around the world looks very nice! The shelves with the snow globes looks great! The plants are nice touches of nature either sides of the shelving. The postcards on the wall from places around the world look great!
    The computer study desk area looks great in the middle of the room, so that she can look all around the room and get inspiration from the furnishing,and displays. She will enjoy working on her travel guides using the computer. The floor patterning under the desk table looks great! Very nice sofa seat sitting nook. She will enjoy sitting resting there having a read of her travel guides that she has previously written, that are in the bookcase in the corner nook. The forest floor rug will remind her of places that she has visited around the world.
    The globe bar suits the travel theme so very well! It is a great idea to have it in the room! She will enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst resting on the sofa, ( I am not sure if it is the globe bar in the room, or the other globe, but either one looks great there ) . It is nice that there is a coffee and tea nook in the room, for her to enjoy having a cup of coffee or tea in the mugs that are there, to keep her energy levels up whilst working on her travel guide. The jackaloupe is a cute touch!
    The furnishing of the room for a travel guide writer looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    These are amazing!! Wow! Wonderful!
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thankyou everyone for your kind comments I am loving all the fantastic rooms so far and awesome creativity in themes.

@Art when placing flooring you press Ctrl and F button together and it makes the flooring tile a quarter piece. Its a great way to make custom flooring
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    You're welcome, @isnishi :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The furnishing and design of The Historical Society looks so very great! @folala :) The use of moo and the placement of the items in the room look so very nice, and are done so very well! The way that the bookcases have been placed on top of each other looks so very great! The placement of the bookcases looks so very, very effective! It looks so very nice how you have done the fireplace! It is very creative,and has a historical look that will inspire the writer as she works on her historical fiction books. The globe and the ship are great touches in the room. Very nice study desk nook for her to use the computer to work on her historical fiction books. The types of chairs and armchairs used in the room look very historically elegant and suit the theme so well! The leather armchairs reading nook is very nice! She will enjoy sitting resting on the chairs reading a book near the fire. The statue holding the fossil and the statues wearing the top hats look very nice in the room! The long patterned carpet through the middle of the room is a nice touch. Very nice brown colour scheme and wall paneling which adds so much to the historical theme of the room. The type of window used near the study desk looks very nice. She will enjoy the sunlight coming in whilst facing the window and using the computer to do her writing.
    The historical themed furnishing of the room looks so very great. The bookcases are so creatively nice how they have been placed in the room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    @lsnishi your room is fantastic! Love the shelves with the snow globes. Very creative. xxx

@folala your room is big! Perfect for a historical society. The amount of detail in your room is amazing. The sliding staircase you designed is superb! xxx

@Cbear13 Thanks for the info. xxx

@rosemow Thanks a lot for this wonderful challenge. xxx
  • Options
  • Options
    I mean sliding stairs... Lol
  • Options
    Thank you @Art and @rosemow for your kind comments. I've been so impressed with the sheer variety of rooms and the creativity! I'm pretty sure we're going to see a vampire lore or horror novelist sooner or later. :smile:
    PDWxp40.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top