Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood Game Pack ?

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
Ya I so need a Parenthood game pack like I need a hole in My head, why on earth would they come up with something like that, when there is so many other things not even in the game yet ! , My Sims can already be parents, they do not need another pack to still be parents in My opinion, I will not be happy with Sims 4 Until I get back stuff that I actually use in My Gothic type game play, I will pass on this pack, I want My Werewolves and the other Supernatural's, not some whiney Teen throwing a tantrum cause his mommy won't buy him something in My game thanks, that is how I feel bout this so called new Parenthood pack, though I am happy for those who did want it, I rather have My Gothic stuff.

P.S. I am also wondering if I am the only one who feels this way bout that pack, but if I am oh well.

Comments

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Don't buy it.
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    The demand for a parenthood pack is way higher than the deman for a gothic one. As to why on earth they would come up with something like that, probably cause a lot of people have been asking for it for quite some time.

Edit to add: we literally just got the vampire pack which is already pretty goth. I mean, all packs can't be centered around that

Why ? do they not know how to be a parent in the Sims games already? , it is not that hard to be a parent in the Sims Franchise, I do not need another pack for that, All My Sims kids turned out great, do not need any help with that, but I guess others need a lot of help if they are asking for a Parent pack I guess.
  • Options
    meeoun wrote: »
    Don't buy it.

I do not plan to buy it, but one never knows, will have to wait and see if I will need it in the long future, Not happy bout it though, and that is My opinion bout it which I am entitled to, thanks for your input much appreciated.
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    The demand for a parenthood pack is way higher than the deman for a gothic one. As to why on earth they would come up with something like that, probably cause a lot of people have been asking for it for quite some time.

Edit to add: we literally just got the vampire pack which is already pretty goth. I mean, all packs can't be centered around that

Why ? do they not know how to be a parent in the Sims games already? , it is not that hard to be a parent in the Sims Franchise, I do not need another pack for that, All My Sims kids turned out great, do not need any help with that, but I guess others need a lot of help if they are asking for a Parent pack I guess.

exactly. This pack is meant to expand on that so parenting is something sims have to actively do. It's not about helping the simmer be a better parent, it's about allowing them to have different kinds of parents for their sims, and expanding upon what the affects of those kinds of parents will be. Not to say that you're not allowed to not like the pack. But making parenting easier isn't the intention of the pack.
  • Options
    Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    Alot of the sim community have been complaining for a while there isn't enough 'family play' in the game as it is. It was also the reason the demand for toddlers was so loud. I expect that this pack is a attempt to answer that complaint by giving players more to do with the control and 'play' of their family sims.

Personally, I would have preferred Seasons or Pets, but at least this one has some nice furniture in it?
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Options

Another pack? Lol this is the first family game play pack in Sims 4. And in My game, my sims can already be parents. But now, they'll have a lot more involvement with their kids and how they will shape up as adults, instead of just here's your food and a brighten day interaction. The depth of familiy play will be extended and that's way more needed than another "gothic pack" for Your game. For heavens sake we just got a pack about vampires.
    Honestly, there's nothing more to say than don't buy it if it doesn't interest you. I'm sure plenty of other people wouldn't buy a goth pack.

Another Pack bout kids is not needed for My game is My point, and I do not plan on buying it so np there, and I do know I am not the only one who also wants Gothic stuff, so I will wait for that stuff to come out instead of a Pack that is so not interesting to Me , I do not care bout Family play in My Sims games, cause Families are over rated anyway in My opinion, but that is how I feel bout it in My Gameplay, I did say earlier that I am Happy for those who did want it, so no reason to really attack Me, but thanks for your input, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Kandy wrote: »

exactly. This pack is meant to expand on that so parenting is something sims have to actively do. It's not about helping the simmer be a better parent, it's about allowing them to have different kinds of parents for their sims, and expanding upon what the affects of those kinds of parents will be. Not to say that you're not allowed to not like the pack. But making parenting easier isn't the intention of the pack.

Exactly, so they put in new traits and a few objects, whoopy do da , that does not really warrant a game pack for that type of game play in My opinion, Unless they added in something with a Huge Wow Factor ! , I just do not see the point in making that game pack, unless they added in stuff that they have not said yet like a new :Life Stage , or another world, only those would be the reasons I would say yup ok needed, that is just how I feel bout it.
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    edited May 2017
    That is exactly the issue. Parenting is too easy as it is. This pack adds a much needed aspect of difficulty for those who like family gameplay.

There are some people who would like for their children to maybe not turn out so great. It's not about needing help as much as it is about some simmers needing family gameplay to actually mean something. With the way things are right now, you can virtually ignore your child their entire lives and it won't matter. They catered to the gothic fanbase with Vampires earlier in the year. I also hope that we get more supernatural creatures and darker CAS items, but for now, I have cc for that.

There's currently nothing out there mod-wise that is going to be able to replicate this pack in a good, seamless way.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    ponderosa wrote: »
    That is exactly the issue. Parenting is too easy as it is. This pack adds a much needed aspect of difficulty for those who like family gameplay.

There are some people who would like for their children to maybe not turn out so great. It's not about needing help as much as it is about some simmers needing family gameplay to actually mean something. With the way things are right now, you can virtually ignore your child their entire lives and it won't matter. They catered to the gothic fanbase with Vampires earlier in the year. I also hope that we get more supernatural creatures and darker CAS items, but for now, I have cc for that.

There's currently nothing out there mod-wise that is going to be able to replicate this pack in a good, seamless way.

For Me I can not use any Cc or Mods in My game, so I can only use what they make in the packs, so that is another reason why I have to wait for gothic stuff to come out, otherwise I would of used CC instead , otherwise My game will Crash and I wont be able to play it, I had 4 EA Reps helping Me with it awhile back as well, and it was not My computer that was the problem, it was the game cause of the updates, so I can never use CC nor Mods, I have to wait for My stuff to finally come out in the Packs they make, which does not make Me happy, but I am glad that I still play sims 1,2,3 to go back to the stuff I miss from Sims 4 for now.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I understand not being able to use cc. Maybe they'll add something you're more interested in closer to Halloween.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I understand not being able to use cc. Maybe they'll add something you're more interested in closer to Halloween.

I can only hope so, cause I do not wish to wait another dang 2 years for something Gothic like I did last time, and you say there is nothing out there to replicate this pack , but for Me that would not matter since I can not use Cc anyhow, so even though I am not liking this pack, I might have to get it just the same, but all I am thinking in My head bout it right now is one word> Blah, :)
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Family play has possibly been the most asked about apart from Seasons and Pets, and like others I myself have been anticipated it for a verrry long time <3. That being said, I assume they're probably working on supernatural or a gamepack to expand other supernatural lifestates along with a pack for pets and seasons. especially with the rumors swirling around the pet code, and the furniture hints of supernaturals in the game. One of the furniture was a vampire, and here we are now <3. I get the feeling the others might be added the same way, but one can never be to sure with the sims team lol.

As one who almost lost hope for my gameplay to ever be added into this game, all I can say is: never count the sims team out. Not to mention the fact, we still don't know what the upcoming expansion pack is. Which honestly could be anyone's guess lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Family play has possibly been the most asked about apart from Seasons and Pets, and like others I myself have been anticipated it for a verrry long time <3. That being said, I assume they're probably working on supernatural or a gamepack to expand other supernatural lifestates along with a pack for pets and seasons. especially with the rumors swirling around the pet code, and the furniture hints of supernaturals in the game. One of the furniture was a vampire, and here we are now <3. I get the feeling the others might be added the same way, but one can never be to sure with the sims team lol.

As one who almost lost hope for my gameplay to ever be added into this game, all I can say is: never count the sims team out. Not to mention the fact, we still don't know what the upcoming expansion pack is. Which honestly could be anyone's guess lol.

You are a Breathe of Fresh air, thank you for making Me feel a little better bout it, I will just wait and see I guess bout what else this pack has in store, but at the same time I have My doubts bout it, I guess I am the only one who just am not feeling this Parenthood Pack, but I will wait and see, thanks again.
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Oh, I understand how you feel about wanting supernaturals, in TS3 that EP was my favorite by far (and I loved Makin' Magic too). Unfornately, it feels like in TS4 they are not going to be a priority what with fans asking on every corner about Seasons and Pets... at least we got a vampire pack.

As for the Parenthood game pack, I actually am also a family/generational player too, so I'm just waiting to see if it's worth it. I hope it is.
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    Esperona wrote: »
    Oh, I understand how you feel about wanting supernaturals, in TS3 that EP was my favorite by far (and I loved Makin' Magic too). Unfornately, it feels like in TS4 they are not going to be a priority what with fans asking on every corner about Seasons and Pets... at least we got a vampire pack.

As for the Parenthood game pack, I actually am also a family/generational player too, so I'm just waiting to see if it's worth it. I hope it is.

If they finally do add Pets, I am hoping that Werewolves are in that pack as well, crosses everything even eyes in hopes they do, :)
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    edited May 2017

Another pack? Lol this is the first family game play pack in Sims 4. And in My game, my sims can already be parents. But now, they'll have a lot more involvement with their kids and how they will shape up as adults, instead of just here's your food and a brighten day interaction. The depth of familiy play will be extended and that's way more needed than another "gothic pack" for Your game. For heavens sake we just got a pack about vampires.
    Honestly, there's nothing more to say than don't buy it if it doesn't interest you. I'm sure plenty of other people wouldn't buy a goth pack.

I agree I can't wait for this pack! I've been waiting on a family pack and like you said it will be more in depth like punishments, curfews, time-out, acne! I did not buy the vampire pack because I don't like playing any of the supernatural stuff but I know others do. I love how they issue out the packs that way if it's something that doesn't interest you, you have the option of not buying it but others still can get what they like. I will be off work this Monday and Memorial Day, can't remember what day its coming out but if its one of those days I can play all day!! Excited!!

Edit: Just saw pack comes out May 30th yall why!! LOL I have that Monday off and it's coming out the next day on Tuesday, whyyyy LOL! I'm still excited but that would have been perfect, no work day, just play my Sims all day. Oh well
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    It'd be awesome if werewolves come with Pets!
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Can you SIM parents ground your kids? Can your sim parents puinish your kids in anyway? No they can't w/o this pack
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I can only hope so, cause I do not wish to wait another dang 2 years for something Gothic like I did last time, and you say there is nothing out there to replicate this pack , but for Me that would not matter since I can not use Cc anyhow, so even though I am not liking this pack, I might have to get it just the same, but all I am thinking in My head bout it right now is one word> Blah, :)

I was just speaking from my own experience and why I am so excited for this, not trying to make you feel bad.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I'm one of the people who are beyond excited for this pack. It will affect the way we play with our families profoundly and add so much to family play. Then again I'm a player who focuses on family, so, of course, I love the pack already. I get that you want more supernaturals and are understandably not too excited over this pack, but I'm sure after the awesome job they did with vampires more supernaturals (and gothic stuff) will be coming soon. I expect Pets will be the next EP since people have found coding for pets in the game already and hopefully it will come with werewolves as well as cats, dogs, what-have-you. I'm also really hoping we'll get a witches gamepack at some point. I think they've been trying to listen to us more lately, but it's literally impossible for every pack to suit every player. So just be patient, I'm sure more supernatural stuff is coming, a lot of people have been wanting it after all.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited May 2017
    I was initially looking forward to this pack very much, but after seeing the trailer I must say Vampires excited me more. This surprised me a little, because I'm an all round player who likes to do a bit of everything. Those vampires were just so cool! I'm still looking forward to add some parenting stuff and I love seeing how happy others are for this pack :blush:
    Post edited by musteni on