Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I updated my Top 5 :smile:
  • Options
    SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    @Sandpitturtle I know this may be a bit late, but welcome to the gifting directory! I must say that your top 5 looks very neat and tidy. A suggestion I might have is that you put a link to your wishlist and/or your top 5 in your signature. That way, people can quickly get to your wishlist and gift you through your posts (and as far as I know that isn't considered dry begging around here, but merely convenient. At least I hope so. I have both in my sig and I'd like to think I'm not dry begging :cold_sweat:).

With regards to this:
    I've tried to not include things that I know I could get cheaper thanks to a DD
    I'd just like to point out that Grim's Ghastly Manor appears on the DD. However, I personally don't see anything wrong with putting a venue in your wishlist even though it appears on the DD. Some of them can be quite expensive even on sale (The World of Wonder Carousel Collection for one is 969 sp at its lowest cost).

Hope you and your top 5 will enjoy your stay here :smile: Knowing the people around here, that top 5 will probably be needing an update soon... :wink:

Thank you for the welcome and aaah you made me realise that I made a mistake. Thank you for pointing out Grims Ghastly Manor, I even have it on my own sheet saying I will get this. Will change this now.

Also the signature thing sounds like a good idea, how do I have it appear as "My Wishlist" instead of the whole address string?
  • Options
    Updated my List, I think I was all ready gifted some things but I have no notification O.o
    So if so, thank you very much who gifted me midnight moon wall lamp and the window of dreaming.
  • Options
    taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @charlotteprice for your gift! <3 Have some more cookies :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Sandpitturtle I must admit that I'm a bit tired right now, so I'll just go ahead and indulge myself and repost a quick tutorial I made a while back (the original post can be found here)
    Pam on Carl's Sims 4 Guide has made a guide on how to post links in BBCode manually. If you don't want to go through the trouble of doing it manually, I made a picture that hopefully will help me demonstrate to you how to post a link a bit faster.

First picture shows a button. Pressing this will take you to the next picture.

In the second picture there's a field where you can type. Post desired url here

The third picture shows the last step. I decided to use the Store url as an example here. In the field coloured blue you can type anything and the link will show up as the text you have typed in (for example I could've had the text "I love EA" link to the Sims 3 Store page).

uaX61Sz.png
    Hope it helps :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Kylieb191 @ninaumi @Sandpitturtle you are all very welcome :)

also, thank you very much @Kylieb191 for my beautiful foyer frills! i just discovered the provence set recently and it's beautiful (darn it, store! stop showing me so many pretty things!).
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @Sandpitturtle If you're unsure who sent you a gift you can always check your purchase history under "My Store Account". It should tell you there how you acquired an item (which includes the gifter's store username that mostly also happens to be the gifter's forum-name), and - if you purchased it yourself (though not through MMAO) - how much it cost you.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @LillaGrisen You are very welcome! Hope you get use out of the walker and playpen, LOL. I think that world is gorgeous, especially at night, but I tend to think it has a lot of empty land. I tend to place lots and venues (for showtime) in there. The balloon ride is fun but only used it a few times. I find the lot (like a spot to hang out) has a lot of routing issues because it is kind of cramped, other than that it is a beautiful world.

As far as your suggestion about doing so at a time when it is generally considered appropriate to surprise someone half to death while showering them with gifts, I forgot to tell you I have the "inappropriate" trait :D
  • Options
    lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Kylierose19 ( @KYLIEB191 ) Thank you so very much for gifting me the lovely "Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Delicacy Server Stand" from my wishlist. :):):)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @ninaumi You are very welcome. I know you will love that set. I played with that crystal ball once and it was different, but interesting :D
    1673vwy.jpg/spoiler]
    Edit: I learned how to use the spoiler :D:D
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • Options
    taratownie wrote: »
    Thank you @charlotteprice for your gift! <3 Have some more cookies :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Top 5 updated

You are very welcome, and thanks for the cookies :p
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you @Kitiara for your gift one of my Top 5's. I was able to complete the Futureshock Loft Collection for 65 simponts! Also, thank you for the additional gift of the Long Halter Dress. I appreciate it <3

Thank you @lauravonawesome as well for your generous gift of one of my Top 5's! Because of you, I was able to snag Sandy Sea Shoals Shanty for 5 simpoints and then Nautical Living for FREE! Now, I can cross off Nautical Living off my CYS list of completion :)

Top 5 Updated Here

Looks like I need to update my CYS and choose another set to work on :smiley:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Thank you @lauravonawesome as well for your generous gift of one of my Top 5's! Because of you, I was able to snag Sandy Sea Shoals Shanty for 5 simpoints and then Nautical Living for FREE! Now, I can cross off Nautical Living off my CYS list of completion :)

Woohoo, congrats! That is so awesome~ I'm super-excited for you :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Options
    Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    Oh thank you @lauravonawesome for the lovely gift :blush:

My top 5: (working on Ultra Lounge)
    1. Orchids of many
    2. Three of a Kind Wall Lamp
    3. Grove Cone Ceiling Lamp
    4. Perpetual Long Ceiling Lamp
    5. cube of light

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sally_thesims
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    @Sally_ you are very welcome :)

• Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Updated my List, I think I was all ready gifted some things but I have no notification O.o
    So if so, thank you very much who gifted me midnight moon wall lamp and the window of dreaming.

To see who gifted you what, you just need to go to Store > My Store Account > Purchase history. :) It will also show you who you gifted what.
    I have never received notifications on the page and after a major glitch on the Store 5 months ago I also never received emails anymore, so the only way I could see was through the purchase history. The only thing you won't be able to see is if and what message they have sent with the gift because often people have different store and forum account names so they tell you the forum name in the message.
    But if you ever struggle to find out who the person was that gifted you (from the forum) you just mention it here and people will almost always tell you who that person is on the forum. ;)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Top 5 Updated nearly have a set all ready :0 thank you so much!
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen Thank you for that little guide, it was very helpful and I managed to tune my signature. Also thank you and @Jahnna for letting me know about the purchase history. I definitely don't get any notifications but thankfully can still see simmers names. Will be making a thank you thread to keep things organised :)
  • Options
    xJullexJulle Posts: 272 Member
    edited May 2017
    @lauravonawesome thank you so much for the gift! :)

updated top 5!
  • Options
    lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you ever so much,
    @Sandpitturtle ( @Ahrimanian ) for gifting me "Mystic Butterflies" and "Mystic Mushrooms".

Maybe a magical spell will bring my ads back ;) , and therefore these mystical ingredients could not have arrived at a more perfect time.
    Thank you so much again.

Edit: Top 5 List has been refreshed accordingly.
    Post edited by lilrosaleen on
  • Options
    Thank you ever so much,
    @Sandpitturtle ( @Ahrimanian ) for gifting me "Mystic Butterflies" and "Mystic Mushrooms".

Maybe a magical spell will bring my ads back ;) , and therefore these mystical ingredients could not have arrived at a more perfect time.
    Thank you so much again.

No problamo, got to have a bit of magic! Hope you're able to get some ads, I had a good session this morning hence the gifting. I'm in the UK and luckily The Sunday Paper is going strong which I did for like an hour before getting tired haha
  • Options
    stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    Top 5 updated :)
  • Options
    taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @Sandpitturtle for your gift <3
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    taratownie wrote: »
    Thank you @Sandpitturtle for your gift <3

You're more then welcome :)

I also just got a new thing in purchase history! Thank you @taratownie for the Magical Double Bed :)
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Wow, another busy period while I was gone. But everyone seems to be having fun. And any questions that were asked have already been answered, making me feel redundant. :/

So I'll just share that I have learned to LOVE the playpen and walker from Tiny Prodigies. I'm (finally) playing a legacy family, starting with a Sim who's LW is Surrounded by Family. With so many kids, one after another, dropping them in and letting them work on their skills solo is great. And what time they do share to bond is used to boost other skill related options, such as reading together or playing blocks or the xylophone.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner