Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats the longest you have gone without Aging Up Sims?

Do you usually allow the game to age your sims up (short, normal.long)?

Or if you dont, how long do you keeps households the same age?

Im letting my sims age up according to the default life spans because I like rules and structure. But I think it would be cool to have a family that never changes. It's kind of like how the characters are always the same age in your favorite cartoons.

Comments

• Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I let the game age my sims up on long lifespan. It still gives my sims time to live a little and explore hobbies rather than immediately getting married when they're old enough to carry on the family line. I feel too rushed on normal to be honest. I don't think I could play without aging, though, because I really like that there's a time limit. It changes things up :smile:
  • Options
    Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    I personally like to always keep aging off and only age up via the birthday cake. I like to have control over when my sims age and age them up when I'm ready for them to grow older :lol:

I think the longest I've gone without aging was a sim I kept a toddler for 4 sim weeks.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    From The Sims to Sims 4 , I never age My Sim families up ever, I keep them the way I made them, :)
    But as far as the NPC's characters in the games, I might Age some of those up to where I want them, just not the chars I make.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    From The Sims to Sims 4 , I never age My Sim families up ever, I keep them the way I made them, :)
    But as far as the NPC's characters in the games, I might Age some of those up to where I want them, just not the chars I make.

Keeping them the same "Age" is a neat idea :) I wonder how long I could go, keeping mine the way I made them. I guess time will tell.
  • Options

Keeping them the same "Age" is a neat idea :) I wonder how long I could go, keeping mine the way I made them. I guess time will tell.

Aye time will tell, :) Happy Simming.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I play with aging off so it may be months before I age a sim with the birthday cake. But for the elders they won't die unless I turn aging on which I did once.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Toddlers are adorable, but far too much work. I could'nt handle keeping sims in that stage of life forever . The other life stages I can handle.
  • Options

Toddlers are adorable, but far too much work. I could'nt handle keeping sims in that stage of life forever . The other life stages I can handle.

toddlers are adorable, I got a family of 2 Moms living in same household, 1 has a set of Triplets, the other a set of Twins, :)
  • Options

toddlers are adorable, I got a family of 2 Moms living in same household, 1 has a set of Triplets, the other a set of Twins, :)

Omg.You're a champ then. I am barely handling one toddler :D
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I've got a habit of using MCCC to flag sims as immortal. I let the children grow up, but the first sim/s I create never die. I have a great, great, great (you get the idea) grandma who has descendants all over the world... and she's still a young adult.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I play with aging off. I see myself getting too attached to my Sims to let them get old and die lol. I never felt the same about my Sims in Sims 3 for some reason.
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I turn aging off and age up manually
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Aging has been off since the game launched.
    I will probably let them age when we get the family game pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Do you usually allow the game to age your sims up (short, normal.long)?

Or if you dont, how long do you keeps households the same age?

Im letting my sims age up according to the default life spans because I like rules and structure. But I think it would be cool to have a family that never changes. It's kind of like how the characters are always the same age in your favorite cartoons.

I haven't counted really. But I tend to give my sims the long lifespan. Since I'm playing a legacy right now though, I let my toddlers gain all the skills before waiting for the next weekend, and then aging them up. (at least that way I had time to give them a birthday party). Now that they're in the kid stage, I'm waiting till they're almost ready to age up, and if possible, I once again make sure to have them celebrate their birthday (and age them up) in the weekend. I've done the same with the adults;
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I have aging enabled on most of my saves and never age my sims up prematurely. I like to see their lives unfold from birth to death and while I do get attached to them a lot I don't really have an issue with them becoming old and dying. Every good thing has to end at some point and of most of my sims I have pictures and memories that remind me of who they were. I do save most of the households once or twice per generation so that I have a copy of the sims but I tend to start a new save instead of using the same sims again. Variety is the spice of life!

The lifespan depends a lot on what my goals for that specific save are, for example in my legacy aging is set to normal but on most of my other saves it's on long instead. I find it really interesting that most people here prefer to play with aging off, I'm wondering, doesn't it get boring to play with the same sim and the same traits for a long time?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've got two non-aging saves. One I started in March 2015; I never planned to do any aging in that one at all, but this winter (February, maybe?) I did age Princess Leia to an Adult. (She's General Leia now.) So that one was almost 2 years, and might now stay as it is. The other one is my main rotational save, which I started in December 2015. I just started aging some of those Sims a couple of weeks ago - it finally felt like some of their stories had got to that point - so that one was about a year and a quarter.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I always keep the aging off on the sims I am playing, I age them up with cake. I keep the toddlers for a long time, keep the child thru teen till they are an A student. I don't really care for the child and teen ages.
  • Options
    I've got two non-aging saves. One I started in March 2015; I never planned to do any aging in that one at all, but this winter (February, maybe?) I did age Princess Leia to an Adult. (She's General Leia now.) So that one was almost 2 years, and might now stay as it is. The other one is my main rotational save, which I started in December 2015. I just started aging some of those Sims a couple of weeks ago - it finally felt like some of their stories had got to that point - so that one was about a year and a quarter.

That's a long time. I like the idea, because with each new expansion or game pack, you get to experience something new with that family and it brings their story more alive.
  • Options
    StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    edited April 2017
    I mostly keep it at normal... I only turn it off for 1-2 days if I need that time to have the birthday party on a weekend... that's usely only for kids and teens...i don't have party's for very often for the other ages, I think I would get bored if I turned ageing off because I like to try and max out the Sims goals before the get old... I tend to kill off all men once they hit old age but use the grandmother's to help the next gen
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have the lifespan on medium, I'm more interested when things are moving faster. As much as I wish I could turn the lifespan off completely, I would see myself getting bored.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited April 2017
    I play with aging on, and my main family is set on long lifespan. It gives me time to enjoy the game without worrying too much. And I want my sims to complete certain things which is almost impossible if set on short or normal. But to be honest, even long seems short to me. Must be because I play too much lol. However I get a little sad when they die of old age. I had them for so long and in a moment they're gone. I have it especially when I raised them since they were babies.

I have three other saves, two short (one storywise because the main character is a vampire, he sees all his loved ones pass away and he can't die.) and a normal (which I still have to start with lol). But I do not get sad if my short sims die, because I had them for a little time.

But to answer the question, I do not play with aging off, as I feel someday it's time to move to the next generation.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I play long life.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    I have settings on long lifespan, only sims on current lot age, and I let the game age them up. It seems more natural that way.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Well since the game came out. I always aged my former sims games at the longest age offered - but in Sims 4 I first shut off all aging the first day the game came out - to start with because I could not tolerate the infant turning to a child and the child popping out of the bassinet - it was hard to explain but akin to a knife stabbing me through the heart when I witnessed that absurdity so I shut off aging and then decided no more kids ( yeah I know - I am a bit over dramatic - but it was the truth) as I could not stand the infant never aging period so decided to stop aging, kids, even marriages eventually and just play YA roommates or singles. I had seriously unloved sims every where -

But now I love marrying sims and having a baby that I eventually let have a birthday to the delightful toddlers we finally got - but now I have a new issue - I don't want children to turn to those oversized teens so I am just keeping the aging off and my sims families with just the delightful toddlers. I may eventually let some have a birthday to child but the teens just keep me from playing Legacies I so loved in past Sims almost as bad as the not having toddlers did - so technically I stopped the aging almost 3 years now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Twelve years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.