Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    @CitizenErased14

Hey, if you do start one, let me know! I started your story a while ago (on gen 3) and have been reading it for almost a month. It would take me a while to catch ALL the way up, but most of your chapters are easy reads so far and I have no qualms with legacies with tons of chapters that are well written. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oh cool, thanks for reading @Arrowleaf !!!! I will let you know what I end up doing :) I appreciate your interest! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @CitizenErased14 If it's any way encouraging for you, I binge read your ambrosia story an long time ago in one sitting, and kept up with A2A since Mari was born. I'm actually stepping outside of the sneaky shadows to say this since someone mentioned your readers who comment :joy: I don't really comment much on blogs since I usually forget to log in or I think I comment/reply when I don't. (I'm just a bit clumsy, really)
    Your chapters are fairly short and fun to read, so I don't think you should feel any way unnerved about the amount of chapters you have! I'm sure you'll find a circle that'll fit your style, but if you make a circle, I'm willing to join it too. :)
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    You can also, count me in, @CitizenErased14 ! I'm pretty much atualized with your story, and even though I'm in one reading circle, why not try two? And the discussion part seems like a very fun idea!
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much @Sourocha and @Cement ! :) I'm gonna send a PM to the people who have expressed interest before we 100% officially form a circle. But this is exciting :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @CitizenErased14 - I am also very interested. The type of discussion you mention is what I would love. However, I am far from a seasoned writer so may be a little too inexperienced for you. And I don't like Stefan so I know that's a strike against me already. Lol.
  • Options
    Haha @AudreyFld you're funny! No experience necessary for the circle! And I'll let the Stefan thing slide ;)

I will PM you! As long as the other people don't mind another joining You can totally be in :)

I'm gonna probably cut it off there though before it gets out of hand haha. I'll message you a bit later :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @CathyTea please add @Arrowleaf to our Willingly Writing Reading Circle. Welcome Arrow! :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @CathyTea Could you please add @Arrowleaf to the Wolf Den as the last member? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea Could you please add @Arrowleaf to the Wolf Den as the last member? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Will do!
    @CathyTea please add @Arrowleaf to our Willingly Writing Reading Circle. Welcome Arrow! :)

Will do this, to! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @CathyTea We also had @Yushika join WW circle too. Thanks for keeping up and updating.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @CathyTea We also had @Yushika join WW circle too. Thanks for keeping up and updating.

Got Yushika listed now! Thanks! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    More members than we like of our old circle (a novel idea) got inactive so we decided to make a second one with our old members and new members and a new thread keeper which is obviously me. Maria.

Here is the new thread

A novel idea (restarted)

A few things at the beginning. In the case we get a male member, we are a bunch of swooning girls in here. We even have a calendar with hunks of the month. No, seriously. We have that.

Rules:

1)
    1 story which should be read by the others. You can decide which one. If you can't decide take the one the most of the circle members are already reading and caught up or close to be.

2)
    You can post updates of every story there.

3)
    We can ask each other every question about the stories of the others or ours or every silly stuff we like to. If you have a question which is very important for you, ask it on Fridays because it most likely will be answered at the weekend. During the week it might get lost.

4)
    Post bloopers, outtakes, buildings or just pictures of gorgeous sims. That is always a good thing. ;)

5)
    Feel free to share links for good CC or poses. I am always in the need for that.

6)
    Never say something against a man called Tony or @Maladi777 will send him after you. :D

We don't have a specific number of new members in mind so just feel free to jump in and say hi to us. Preferable our new members are caught up with one or more of our stories but that is no must have.

I hope to see someone soon in our circle.
    Hugs :)
    Maria
  • Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    I'm quite interested in joining a reading circle but don't know which ones have spots open or where my story would fit in. I've currently started a legacy, with drama and long chapters (sometimes but most have been averaging 1000 words), that I'd love to share with others. And also expand my reading collection. But it should be known I'm not super active as I've got a lot on my plate and will no doubt become inactive for a bit once my baby is born the middle of June and I'm currently working on graduating school the beginning of June as well. But I would still pop in occasionally to keep tabs on what's going on.

Maybe start one of my own? If anyone is looking for a relaxed atmosphere with a handful of members to read and discuss their Simlit, I'd be interested in starting one. Where every 2 weeks we dedicate a feature story from a member with a discussion after?

Let me know your thoughts!
  • Options
    Hi, @RubeySim ! Joining one of the current circles or starting a new one would be great!

I think that A Novel Idea indicated they had room... You could also look and find one that you liked, then pop over to their thread and ask if they have openings. Many circles will add new members upon request.

If you decide to start a new one, feel free to check with people in the Writers' Lounge thread to see if they want to join one!

• Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi, @RubeySim ! Joining one of the current circles or starting a new one would be great!

I think that A Novel Idea indicated they had room... You could also look and find one that you liked, then pop over to their thread and ask if they have openings. Many circles will add new members upon request.

If you decide to start a new one, feel free to check with people in the Writers' Lounge thread to see if they want to join one!

Thanks! I've been snooping around a few circles but haven't found anything I find suits what I'm looking for.

I think I may start my own, I have an idea in mind, now to see if there are a few more like minded souls that would be interested.
  • Options
    RubeySim wrote: »

Thanks! I've been snooping around a few circles but haven't found anything I find suits what I'm looking for.

I think I may start my own, I have an idea in mind, now to see if there are a few more like minded souls that would be interested.

Sounds great, Rubey!

• Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    edited April 2017
    RubeySim wrote: »

I'd be interested to see what your idea is. I had a circle that we shut down because most of the members floated away. I'm in another circle now with my neighborhood rotation. But I started a new story series, and it might be nice to be a part of another circle for that separate story blog.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @cathytea can you please remove me from Paranormal Reads since my new story isn't paranormal.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    edited April 2017
    @CathyTea Hey lady - all of us in the Paranormal Reads thread are also in the Reading Circle that must NOT be Named. The last activity (before today) in the PNR thread was 10 days ago. Our circle lead has not been around since March 1 and there is no activity there. We mostly chat in the NOT thread now.

Can we either have all of us removed or possibly even the PNR circle dissolved?
    Speaking with permission for
    @LadyLobster , @MVWdeZT and @WagonFruit (and obviously @DreamsInPixels as stated in her post above)
    I do not have permission from, but is also a member of the NOT thread
    @Yushika (who hasn't posted in a while)

@IchigoUsagi has not been around since March 1, but since this is her circle thread, I cannot direct the action of removing the circle all together, but since she is the only remaining participant, please do whatever you feel is best as Reading Circle administrator.

Thank you as always for this wonderful herding of cats you do so well!
    Post edited by cshaner on
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    cshaner wrote: »
    @CathyTea Hey lady - all of us in the Paranormal Reads thread are also in the Reading Circle that must NOT be Named. The last activity (before today) in the PNR thread was 10 days ago. Our circle lead has not been around since March 1 and there is no activity there. We mostly chat in the NOT thread now.

Can we either have all of us removed or possibly even the PNR circle dissolved?
    Speaking with permission for
    @LadyLobster , @MVWdeZT and @WagonFruit (and obviously @DreamsInPixels as stated in her post above)
    I do not have permission from, but is also a member of the NOT thread
    @Yushika (who hasn't posted in a while)

@IchigoUsagi has not been around since March 1, but since this is her circle thread, I cannot direct the action of removing the circle all together, but since she is the only remaining participant, please do whatever you feel is best as Reading Circle administrator.

Thank you as always for this wonderful herding of cats you do so well!

@cathytea can you please remove me from Paranormal Reads since my new story isn't paranormal.

I've removed you all from the Paranormal circle.

Cheers!

• Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Howdy!

I have no idea how to define my story yet, and I don't know if I can fit into any of the reading circles which aren't full. However, I would love to join one of them! If I can't this time, please tell me when will the appropriate spot for me be available! :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    RevlonRevlon Posts: 7 New Member
    I am new to SimLit and am looking to join a reading circle. I clicked into a few specific ones, but some seem less active, or link back to this post to sign up.

I've just begun a legacy story and plan to update chapters once a week to start. Currently I do not plan to have any graphic descriptions of violence or trauma.

Sorry, you guys must answer questions like these all the time.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I would have suggested my group for you, @Revlon, however, the group is full of active members at the moment.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges