Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 get to work , sick sims

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JsteelexJsteelex Posts: 1 New Member
    All I know is you have to give them the medicine which you order online from a computer. My sim has only gotten sick once and after that I never had a problem.. But she's also a doctor and some sims come in with contagious sicknesses that she treats but it could also affect her... I don't know the details but I do know it most definitely has to be random...
  • Options
    KittykatblueKittykatblue Posts: 6 New Member
    To treat illnesses at home your sim will need to either drink tea, or orange juice. They can also purchase medication from the computer, there currently is no option to bring your played sims to the hospital for treatment.

Do you know why? And when they will add that in?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    To treat illnesses at home your sim will need to either drink tea, or orange juice. They can also purchase medication from the computer, there currently is no option to bring your played sims to the hospital for treatment.

Do you know why? And when they will add that in?

Hello @Kittykatblue. The hospital is used as a career lot for the doctor career and also as a place where sims can give birth. The game is designed to have other ways to make sims recover from illness, such as buying medicine from computer or drinking orange juice or tea. The reason that you are unable to go to the hospital to recover from illness may be because it is a hidden lot. The game provides other ways to help sims recover.
  • Options
    AzzyMasakrAzzyMasakr Posts: 1 New Member
    Try simply drinking orange juice every so often. I was tired of my Sims getting sick constantly, so started making them drink OJ in the mornings when they woke up. They have yet to get sick again.
  • Options
    AzzyMasakr wrote: »
    Try simply drinking orange juice every so often. I was tired of my Sims getting sick constantly, so started making them drink OJ in the mornings when they woke up. They have yet to get sick again.

Hello @AzzyMasakr
    Thankyou for the helpful tip :)

Also, welcome to the forums! Just a little information. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

• Options
    MonkeySheepMonkeySheep Posts: 1 New Member
    Its weird my vampire and alien sims get sick but my human sim is completely fine
  • Options
    taspastarstriketaspastarstrike Posts: 61 Member
    Help am playing city living and for some reason I cannot order medicine via the computer when my aim is sick so they are having to suffer through the illness my cold had to have the day off school because she was giggling to much.any advice would be most helpful.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Help am playing city living and for some reason I cannot order medicine via the computer when my aim is sick so they are having to suffer through the illness my cold had to have the day off school because she was giggling to much.any advice would be most helpful.

Hello
    Try selling the computer and buying a new one, then test to see if the issue remains.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    My Sims get itchy from harvesting the fireleaf plant. Buying medicine on the computer doesn't work. Is there a remedy for this?
  • Options
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    My Sims get itchy from harvesting the fireleaf plant. Buying medicine on the computer doesn't work. Is there a remedy for this?

Hello
    If you have Spa Day pack, perhaps having a body soak may help to relieve the itchiness
    https://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-spa-day-game-guide/#MudBath
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    I too got fed up with constant illnesses, so went on a hunt and fount the greatest ever trait.... you need to type "testingcheats on" in the cheatbox and then this trait cheat "traits.equip_trait Sickness" , sims with this trait will never get sick again thankfully! After you can type in "testingcheats off"... the trait will remain part of your sim for it's lifetime. WooHoo!
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    I am on the fence about buying Get to Work, though I want one of my Sims to be a cop and I want another to be an entrepreneur--I don't want to introduce illness into my game play. I work at a hospital and have to deal with real life sickness every day--plus it drove me crazy in the Sim 2. Do you think the benefits of game play in Get to Work outweigh the problems of having to deal with sick Sims?
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    TnT_Terry wrote: »
    I too got fed up with constant illnesses, so went on a hunt and fount the greatest ever trait.... you need to type "testingcheats on" in the cheatbox and then this trait cheat "traits.equip_trait Sickness" , sims with this trait will never get sick again thankfully! After you can type in "testingcheats off"... the trait will remain part of your sim for it's lifetime. WooHoo!

Thank you, @TnT_Terry! I've got that glitch where my Sims can't buy medicine or upgrade parts from any computer except the ones in active careers.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Emug18Emug18 Posts: 66 Member
    Hey ya'll, I want to thank you guys for including me in the Rose Carr Legacy, but at the moment, I have a family emergency and won't be able to keep up with the game and story. I apologize, for the inconvenience, but I did enjoy playing. I can still check everybody's Rose from time to time. My father isn't doing too well and he needs my full attention. Thank you all for your kindness in letting me play. I wish every Rose the best!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    They forgot to make vampire sims imune to sickness :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Emug18 wrote: »
    Hey ya'll, I want to thank you guys for including me in the Rose Carr Legacy, but at the moment, I have a family emergency and won't be able to keep up with the game and story. I apologize, for the inconvenience, but I did enjoy playing. I can still check everybody's Rose from time to time. My father isn't doing too well and he needs my full attention. Thank you all for your kindness in letting me play. I wish every Rose the best!

Hello @Emug18 I think that you may have accidentally posted in the wrong thread. You may like to repost your post in the Rose Carr Legacy thread.
    I am sorry to hear that your Dad is unwell :( Sending a hug to you <3 as you caringly look after him.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Speaking of illnesses. Is the Landgrab Medical company really hungry for simoleons? I tend to see sick sims away from the hospital more than normal including two vampires with the Dizzy dazed illness. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Lol came here to find out what to do about my sim who was sick, I guess giving birth should remedy it... ...

I guess my sim is super unlucky, pregnant about to have baby at any time in 3rd trimester, is a vampire and does not own a computer, her husband is an alien and she got sick. xD

eyllFqX.png
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    edited September 2017
    I hated it in the Sims 2 when they got sick so often. They were always throwing up. I hope it's not that bad in the Sims 4. Frankly I liked the fact that they didn't have illness in the Sims 3. I agree vampires shouldn't get sick.
  • Options
    For some reason my sims get sick more often than not now a days. I mean the only weather in the sims 4 currently is wind. So is there a epidemic of dizzy spells going around now? Lol

• Options
    BMSO wrote: »
    For some reason my sims get sick more often than not now a days. I mean the only weather in the sims 4 currently is wind. So is there a epidemic of dizzy spells going around now? Lol

Hello
    If there is a Doctor in the sims household, this can cause the rest of the sims in the household to get sick more.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    BMSO wrote: »

Hello
    If there is a Doctor in the sims household, this can cause the rest of the sims in the household to get sick more.

I actually don't have any doctors in my house holds just a scientist, a detective and a tech guru and they are all getting sick off an on more often than usual.

• Options
    missmaddmissmadd Posts: 7 New Member
    My sim kid keeps getting sick and medicine isn't working. Is there any way to bring a sick kid to the hospital?
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there @missmadd! I'd would suggest asking this question over in our Sims 4 New User Thread. This thread is a bit old at this stage, so I've closed it but the thread I've linked is a great resource for asking questions like that. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top