Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    I also just saw some discussion about expansion packs so I wanted to suggest watching this review. Personally I found it very helpful and if players want to learn more then Carl's guides has all the details for each thing.

Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMYeBRTsHs
  • Options
    Wither1000Wither1000 Posts: 72 Member
    I love Carl's site and LGR, they both have some great info on their sites!
  • Options
    JadeliyahJadeliyah Posts: 39 Member
    Out for birth of kid IRL. Come back and now can't start a discussion.
  • Options
    Need to be able to start discussion so I can ask a modding question.
  • Options
    It feels weird to have come back having 64 points and 22 comments and be locked out of things.
  • Options
    Been modding since Sims 2, but only in 4 did I find the official forums helpful in that capacity.
  • Options
    Always search first, but doesn't look like my q has been asked anywhere.
  • Options
    There's pretty much just the one forum that is appropriate for asking the q, and if nobody else is on a similar topic, I don't want to hijack someone's thread.
  • Options
    Plus hijacked threads wouldn't get the attention to the q you were asking anyway because it's not in the subject.
  • Options
    This one should hit 30, so that should be all I need. Annoyed. Thanks for your patience getting my needed 8 more posts.
  • Options
    Yep the kid is awesome, but it's been 2 yrs since I was doing stuff with S4. I had a massive mod set ready to release but then people would be mad when I didn't keep up with patches. So now I'm having to go back through the whole thing doing sometimes substantial rewrites. Nice to be back in the thick of things again, even if it is only after the munchkin is in bed. Still not sure how much I like PLAYING with all the load screens and various annoyances, but I enjoy modding for S4.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,634 Member
    Jadeliyah wrote: »
    Yep the kid is awesome, but it's been 2 yrs since I was doing stuff with S4. I had a massive mod set ready to release but then people would be mad when I didn't keep up with patches. So now I'm having to go back through the whole thing doing sometimes substantial rewrites. Nice to be back in the thick of things again, even if it is only after the munchkin is in bed. Still not sure how much I like PLAYING with all the load screens and various annoyances, but I enjoy modding for S4.

It is great that you are doing modding for sims 4! :) I hope that your work on the mod and other mods go well.
  • Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    Hello, I normally go by the username ElenaBoleyn, but sadly I've had to change my username due to some bs. I have no idea what EP or Sp means but I'm going to assume it means game series or something. My favorite game series are Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age. I have been playing the sims series since I was in middle school when the first sims game came out (I think). I recently bought the sims four and I am enjoying the updated graphics. Though, I have noticed something about it. When they are supposed to take family leave off when the female sim is pregnant and after having the child, they still go to work and a message pops up saying they have to go back even though they have been going to work. I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but it has been like that since I owned the game.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    Hello, I normally go by the username ElenaBoleyn, but sadly I've had to change my username due to some plum. I have no idea what EP or Sp means but I'm going to assume it means game series or something. My favorite game series are Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age. I have been playing the sims series since I was in middle school when the first sims game came out (I think). I recently bought the sims four and I am enjoying the updated graphics. Though, I have noticed something about it. When they are supposed to take family leave off when the female sim is pregnant and after having the child, they still go to work and a message pops up saying they have to go back even though they have been going to work. I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but it has been like that since I owned the game.

Hello @ElenaBoleyn :)
    Ep means expansion pack and Sp means stuff pack.
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original sims, when you were attending school. It is great that you now own sims 4 and are enjoying playing it,
    The sims should be taking family leave. If this isn't occurring and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you for the instructions. I'll be sure to try that after I quit the game tonight.
  • Options
    angeluswingsangeluswings Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing The Sims 4 for quite awhile now, but I've never visited the forum. My favourite kinds of games have always been simulation games. You're free to do whatever you want with your characters that you create. They can have the deepest story, or be the simplest person. I could never get bored of TS4 due to this. I do play with cheats. A LOT. Like I said before, sometimes I want my chars to have certain lives. This can often mean them being extremely loaded in money, or barely being able to pay rent. So I use a lot of money cheats, or making lots free when first moving them in. Another cheat commonly used is " stats.fill_commodities_household " for the sims out with friends or on a superrr important mission (often, a date they can eventually marry for money before killing them off) and they don't have time to go to the washroom or rest! I use many more as well. No tips, really. Well, don't be restricting on making your sims have the perfect life. Be creative!
  • Options
    I've been playing The Sims 4 for quite awhile now, but I've never visited the forum. My favourite kinds of games have always been simulation games. You're free to do whatever you want with your characters that you create. They can have the deepest story, or be the simplest person. I could never get bored of TS4 due to this. I do play with cheats. A LOT. Like I said before, sometimes I want my chars to have certain lives. This can often mean them being extremely loaded in money, or barely being able to pay rent. So I use a lot of money cheats, or making lots free when first moving them in. Another cheat commonly used is " stats.fill_commodities_household " for the sims out with friends or on a superrr important mission (often, a date they can eventually marry for money before killing them off) and they don't have time to go to the washroom or rest! I use many more as well. No tips, really. Well, don't be restricting on making your sims have the perfect life. Be creative!

Hello @angeluswings :)
    It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Cheats are very helpful to use in the game! They can help us to set up a particular background story for sims, as well as can be used to fix up game issues that arise.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, learn new helpful tips to play the gsne, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Lgordon225Lgordon225 Posts: 1 New Member
    hell! I am newbie, i installed this game on my pc yesterday. How do I have a gift? I see my friends give a lot of gifts to each other
  • Options
    @angeluswings
    As weird as this may sound... I based my sims off of Dragon Age characters. And made a sim that looked similar to me and married her off to Cullen Rutherford lol. I use the money cheat as well. It makes things a whole lot easier. Is there a cheat to make a cake appear at a birthday party that isn't at the sims house?
  • Options
    Lgordon225 wrote: »
    plum! I am newbie, i installed this game on my pc yesterday. How do I have a gift? I see my friends give a lot of gifts to each other

Hello @Lgordon225 :) Welcome to the forums!
    This link explains about in game gift giving
    https://www.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/aboutgifting
  • Options
    angeluswingsangeluswings Posts: 2 New Member
    @ElenaBoleyn Not weird at all! I don't think so for the birthday cake cheat. I usually bake a cake at their own house and put it in their inventory, or bake it at the other house. Good luck!
  • Options
    @ElenaBoleyn Not weird at all! I don't think so for the birthday cake cheat. I usually bake a cake at their own house and put it in their inventory, or bake it at the other house. Good luck!

Glad to know I'm not weird. OR that weird anyway. I wished I baked the cake at their house before going to the venue, but I guess it helped making the male sim stay younger for a few hours. Lol.
  • Options
    Wither1000Wither1000 Posts: 72 Member
    Isn't there a way to click on the sim to age them up without a cake?