Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbit hole events not working

In my sims game my sims will get a phone call for a rabbit hole event (e.g. concert, opera etc) but for some reason they won't go. Please help!

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yeah. I haven't gotten a rabbit hole event to work since the day I purchased CL to be honest. I've found no way to make them work and while I'd love for them to get fixed, I'm not holding out hope that it'll be fixed any time soon. There's just too many other things they seem to find more important than fixing it :(
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Yeah. I haven't gotten a rabbit hole event to work since the day I purchased CL to be honest. I've found no way to make them work and while I'd love for them to get fixed, I'm not holding out hope that it'll be fixed any time soon. There's just too many other things they seem to find more important than fixing it :(

I know :(
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Other simmers are also having rhis issue

You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Phone-events-Opera-Circus-Concert-etc-not-working/m-p/5668681#M29246

Okay, thank you :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Other simmers are also having rhis issue

You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Phone-events-Opera-Circus-Concert-etc-not-working/m-p/5668681#M29246

Okay, also I don't have plant sims showing up in my world. I did update my game.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    In my sims game my sims will get a phone call for a rabbit hole event (e.g. concert, opera etc) but for some reason they won't go. Please help!

Now I feel special. In fact I have had a few working. But the one with the circus will not work.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,442 Member
    Wow, all this time I thought they were goofy phone calls to add some kind of randomness to the game. I had no idea that the sims were actually supposed to go off the lot and disappear for awhile because nothing ever happened when I clicked OK.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    I've never had one of these work. Wish they would fix it :'(
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    Opera works if you are running a business in my game, and still there at 8:00 P.M. But you have to accept the second call when they say they have the tickets. ETA: Opera at home with another Sim didn't work, they never called back with tickets. Circus doesn't work at all in my game for any Sim. They never call back that they have the tickets when time to go.

PlantSim I have found one and that was because he was coming through that park in Newcrest next to my Sim's store and I made my Sim run out to greet him. It is easy to miss them since they are just green Sims with normal clothes on. I was expecting the outfit and hair from TS2 which makes them easier to spot. (Why I almost missed him was because he looks like any other alien in my game sometimes. I got use to see them and may not pay as much attention without some real details like different clothes etc.)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Opera works if you are running a business in my game, and still there at 8:00 P.M. But you have to accept the second call when they say they have the tickets. ETA: Opera at home with another Sim didn't work, they never called back with tickets. Circus doesn't work at all in my game for any Sim. They never call back that they have the tickets when time to go.

PlantSim I have found one and that was because he was coming through that park in Newcrest next to my Sim's store and I made my Sim run out to greet him. It is easy to miss them since they are just green Sims with normal clothes on. I was expecting the outfit and hair from TS2 which makes them easier to spot. (Why I almost missed him was because he looks like any other alien in my game sometimes. I got use to see them and may not pay as much attention without some real details like different clothes etc.)

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    vivica86 wrote: »
    I've never had one of these work. Wish they would fix it :'(

Same :(
  • Options
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Wow, all this time I thought they were goofy phone calls to add some kind of randomness to the game. I had no idea that the sims were actually supposed to go off the lot and disappear for awhile because nothing ever happened when I clicked OK.

I know, I only found out from a YouTube video!
  • Options

Now I feel special. In fact I have had a few working. But the one with the circus will not work.

Ah lucky!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I had one or two work in the beginning, but not after that.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It's borderline unethical the way they include features in the game that don't work and instead of fixing them they just release new stuff.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I hope they fix them for everyone, I think I've had all of them work so far.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    They never worked in my game. I just thought that's what a rabbit hole was; A destination that went nowhere. So I cancelled the calls to avoid these actions. I'm glad that they have worked for some players. It gives me hope that at some point that they will work again. Also It would be great if these options are more fleshed out. That you received a boost somewhere for undertaking them.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Mine only works about half the time. I've noticed that I have a better chance of it working if I make sure to note the time and cancel anything my sim is doing right before that time (concert @ 10pm, I cancel actions at 9:57pm). It's still not guaranteed, but it seems to help the event to pop up and my sim will go to it.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Me too.
  • Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    I bought CL about two months ago, went to Myshuno Meadows, saw all the monuments but I have never been invited to a rabbit hole event.. ever. A friend of mine who has, told me that sims invite you, but once you get there, the inviting sim is nowhere to be found. Almost like it was a cruel, unfunny joke.
  • Options
    SkyeFallSkyeFall Posts: 55 Member
    this always happens to me sometimes it works (always the worst times) and sometimes it doesnt like when i clear my sims schedule for the event and there is no call back :(