Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living concept art

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    B for me. Fit my idea of what eco living is.
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    I chose A...even though A will lose, i knew that when i picked it...lol...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    edited April 2017
    I actually picked A, Mainly because there wasn't a choice for both, As I Utilize Builds differently for the sims I play (I play A lot of Aliens, plus my Simself is almost always a Scientist, so a modern look works well for me, plus it looks like something I would put into My Own Home in real life). That and I believe that Eco-living doesn't mean Subsistant living, It basically means living both a Modern Life while Limiting your NEGATIVE impact on the environment.

If we wan't a Subsistant Lifestyle for are Sims, I would prefer it if that would be left for something like a Farm Pack (Game or Expansion pack).
  • Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Have you seen it? Which one do you like better? It was really hard decision I love them both! I chose B. Which one did you choose?

dda02a9e-f5ad-4d86-a263-2a6c7d321fa8.jpg
    2e8d2575-950f-478f-8b46-c84979e5de07.jpg

Deffo A! I couldn't bear to imagine all those NPC's walking around in a mix of city living clothes and farmers clothes! It would be hell aha!!
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Have you seen it? Which one do you like better? It was really hard decision I love them both! I chose B. Which one did you choose?

Deffo A! I couldn't bear to imagine all those NPC's walking around in a mix of city living clothes and farmers clothes! It would be plum aha!!

I don't think they're farmer clothes exactly, more hipster/hippie. I could definitely see someone in the city dressed like that. Not sure how the mixing with other pack will go, but just have to live with that or we can never have anything different.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

Deffo A! I couldn't bear to imagine all those NPC's walking around in a mix of city living clothes and farmers clothes! It would be plum aha!!

I agree. These art style choices are definitely laundry rooms. I can at least see energy efficeint front loader models in style A, but style B is screams 1950, 1960, 1970 top loading machines that wasted water & electricity. Plus it looks like about 23 items in B vs about 18 items (build/buy). Bowling had about 36 total. Even though the game play object is in June, it's starting to look like there will not be anything in this pack that is Eco-Friendly, unless maybe a new harvestable or decoration solar panel.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Yeah, the farmers around here don't dress like that lol. B looks more like what's going on right now in Portland, Oregon with the whole urban, self-sustaining, eco-living scene. There's a lot of small, interesting businesses popping up there with local gourmet foods, and even a company that works with homeowners to put bees in their backyards, and the company comes out to collect the honey and tend the bees. The benefit to the homeowners is pollinated gardens and flowers.

That style of dress wouldn't hold up well to actual farm work.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    DryodaDryoda Posts: 56 Member
    I chose A, but I really wish the stuff pack would have items from style B too.
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    B! They gave the guy sandals!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I agree. These art style choices are definitely laundry rooms. I can at least see energy efficeint front loader models in style A, but style B is screams 1950, 1960, 1970 top loading machines that wasted water & electricity. Plus it looks like about 23 items in B vs about 18 items (build/buy). Bowling had about 36 total. Even though the game play object is in June, it's starting to look like there will not be anything in this pack that is Eco-Friendly, unless maybe a new harvestable or decoration solar panel.

Non-laundry stuff will be in the pack if we vote that way, regardless of what the objects chosen for showing in the art style are. Just they'll be designed to look more like whichever art style we choose. Even the item selection will be coming to a vote later.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

Non-laundry stuff will be in the pack if we vote that way, regardless of what the objects chosen for showing in the art style are. Just they'll be designed to look more like whichever art style we choose. Even the item selection will be coming to a vote later.

I know that there will also be possibly chairs, a table, lighting, and other decor items as well that are not all laundry related. But, since the art style room is in fact shown as a laundry room, that does show what the main focus is going to be. Based on the comments here, most people did vote based on the items shown in the two different styles. So it is fair to say, that people voted based on the expectation that for example in style B that they were voting on the clutter and decor items in the pictures shown. Honestly, unless this project stuff pack is designed to have more than the usual items that have been in previous stuff packs (approximately 40 build/buy objects including game play objects and some additional CAS items), then my question would be, will it still be sold at the regular stuff pack price? If this pack contains the usual amount of items, I would say it will be. But if the plan is to essentially create a "Super" stuff pack for this project that contains more game play objects and more objects in general (maybe to include some ideas of eco-living too), I cannot believe that EA would not increase the price or even double it.

I do think solar panels would be neat to have, but I really can't see how much added game play they would add. We already have traits like frugal and the interest from fabulously wealthy that make bills seem like nothing after awhile. There are so many ways with gardening, painting, and writing that make money for sims that do not have an actual job. In addition, the calculation of a sims bills does not separate water and electricity from the value of your sims lot, furnishings, and items they keep in their personal and family inventory. So as much as I like solar panels, I am not sure how it could offer much more than another positive moodlet and may or may not have a noticeable difference in bills (and a sense of storytelling for players).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2017

I know that there will also be possibly chairs, a table, lighting, and other decor items as well that are not all laundry related. But, since the art style room is in fact shown as a laundry room, that does show what the main focus is going to be. Based on the comments here, most people did vote based on the items shown in the two different styles. So it is fair to say, that people voted based on the expectation that for example in style B that they were voting on the clutter and decor items in the pictures shown. Honestly, unless this project stuff pack is designed to have more than the usual items that have been in previous stuff packs (approximately 40 build/buy objects including game play objects and some additional CAS items), then my question would be, will it still be sold at the regular stuff pack price? If this pack contains the usual amount of items, I would say it will be. But if the plan is to essentially create a "Super" stuff pack for this project that contains more game play objects and more objects in general (maybe to include some ideas of eco-living too), I cannot believe that EA would not increase the price or even double it.

I do think solar panels would be neat to have, but I really can't see how much added game play they would add. We already have traits like frugal and the interest from fabulously wealthy that make bills seem like nothing after awhile. There are so many ways with gardening, painting, and writing that make money for sims that do not have an actual job. In addition, the calculation of a sims bills does not separate water and electricity from the value of your sims lot, furnishings, and items they keep in their personal and family inventory. So as much as I like solar panels, I am not sure how it could offer much more than another positive moodlet and may or may not have a noticeable difference in bills (and a sense of storytelling for players).

No, it doesn't show us what the main focus will be: that hasn't been determined yet. Plus it also shows recycling and compost bins, herbs drying on a rack/plant decor (those herbs are presumably decor) ... It shows a variety of theme-related content.

If people vote assuming those items will be included, that's on them for not reading the blog post first. The blog post makes clear what's being voted on, and when items are being voted on. Maxis has done what it can to explain the process. And it can't not show pack-related items at all, I would think.

The fact that laundry and bins are shown in both art design options does suggest that people at least aren't going to go "style A because laundry". So it's neutral in that sense.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    B because I love making hippie sims. But I like A too.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

*sigh* I know you're looking for just about any reason you can find, or any straw you can pull, to find fault with the ideas presented, but they already answered about the price in the FAQ. It will be the same as any other SP. Since you can't be bothered to actually research anything to back up your claims, I'll go ahead and quote the FAQ as well as link it for you. You'll probably say 'I bet they'll just change it later', but whatever:
    How much will this Stuff Pack cost?
    Upon its release it will be sold at the same price as a Stuff Pack, $9.99 USD / 9.99€.

https://thesims.com/en_GB/create-stuff-pack-faq

You can find the link to the FAQ on every blog page you vote on the pack for, btw.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I liked the sort of rustic, hippie, farmy, cottagey sort of feel it gave off.
  • Options
    jesusmarcelojesusmarcelo Posts: 2 New Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    I voted A, in my opinion B limits the possibilities. ;)

I can see why B would seem to limit the possibilities... I still disagree. Don't get me wrong, I'm really into the entire ultra-sleek futuristic feel of A. It seems high-tech, therefore better at being efficient. The entire feel is just really vibrant with style. I still ended up choosing B, however; here's why...
    1. The sims is missing packs with modern hippie-styled furniture. We have the movie one, but I feel like this is going to be really grounded, farmy, rural, and hipster more than hippie and boho, which I find amazing.
    2. I've seen so many modern and urban apartments online mix in less industrial more art concept A styled things, which makes it much more versatile than the minimalism of A which sticks to high-tech and modern living settings.
    3. I just really love how earthy and cozy it all feels. I know I'd use this stuff a lot—especially if lots of the clothing can be used on both men and women
    4. If this pack ends up having overalls (@TheSims ;) ) I'd love it even more.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    I voted A, in my opinion B limits the possibilities. ;)

I can see why B would seem to limit the possibilities... I still disagree. Don't get me wrong, I'm really into the entire ultra-sleek futuristic feel of A. It seems high-tech, therefore better at being efficient. The entire feel is just really vibrant with style. I still ended up choosing B, however; here's why...
    1. The sims is missing packs with modern hippie-styled furniture. We have the movie one, but I feel like this is going to be really grounded, farmy, rural, and hipster more than hippie and boho, which I find amazing.
    2. I've seen so many modern and urban apartments online mix in less industrial more art concept A styled things, which makes it much more versatile than the minimalism of A which sticks to high-tech and modern living settings.
    3. I just really love how earthy and cozy it all feels. I know I'd use this stuff a lot—especially if lots of the clothing can be used on both men and women
    4. If this pack ends up having overalls (@TheSims ;) ) I'd love it even more.

I agree. To me A is far more limiting. I live in a "countrish" area and home. We have smart lights and thermostats and HE washer/dryer and a clothesline. It feels more flexible to me. I'm not saying we can't tie those things in with A, just that the feel of it seems more restrictive.

For the record, I love both styles and will be thrilled with whichever one is chosen!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Morgan203Morgan203 Posts: 29 Member
    B looks like eco living to me
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    B looks more like what's going on right now in Portland, Oregon with the whole urban, self-sustaining, eco-living scene. There's a lot of small, interesting businesses popping up there with local gourmet foods, and even a company that works with homeowners to put bees in their backyards, and the company comes out to collect the honey and tend the bees. The benefit to the homeowners is pollinated gardens and flowers.
    Welcome to the 1970s. I have a number of books on composting, solar heating, and general living off the land. They're mostly from 1977.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    B looks more like what's going on right now in Portland, Oregon with the whole urban, self-sustaining, eco-living scene. There's a lot of small, interesting businesses popping up there with local gourmet foods, and even a company that works with homeowners to put bees in their backyards, and the company comes out to collect the honey and tend the bees. The benefit to the homeowners is pollinated gardens and flowers.
    Welcome to the 1970s. I have a number of books on composting, solar heating, and general living off the land. They're mostly from 1977.

Technically you'd need to go much further back than the 70's - that was just one of many eras of humans seeking to go back to basics periods. My own grandmother was a Quaker and they basically lived that existence, that we call going back to basics for generations - many generations. Many of the books on going back to basics were just hand me down info from hand written diaries and journals of various people re-establishing themselves in a new or unsettled land through out history. Getting back to basics is actually the way man existed from time eternal with out businesses and vehicles and electricity etc - etc. It is nothing new - but very old. I can read my grandmothers grandfathers journals (from the 1800's) and see a lot of what people of the 60's and 70's wrote in their books with the one exception electricity and it's related modern appliances etc that operate on electricity.

But living off the grid as people call it is actually just living sans supporting the billionaire ran trade companies. It's is living with out paying for every breath you take. ITs the BASICS and not surprising how a surprisingly large number of cultures still exist to day - we are just finally realizing we want conveniences and healthier living without paying through the nose to have it all. It is not a hippie thing - seeing hippies were 1960's and 1970's - they were just so fed up with "the Man" "Big Government" they went searching for their roots - when mankind was free of oppressive utility controllers (regulations) and restrictions. Unfortunately many of the things that era went after and was found to work if done right is now being challenged by government and many places that want to engage in off grid living and getting back to the basics is being restricted and even forbidden by law. Many states (at least in the USA) have off grid living banned. So all the movement then did is open the eyes of the money grabbing utility and government agencies. Don't just study what went on then - be wary of what is happening now. Search living off grid and states that declare that illegal. It is beyond sad. There is presently people in jail for erecting a windmill for heavens sake. (http://anonhq.com/minnesota-man-gets-six-months-jail-harvesting-wind-energy-property/) It is crazy and something in real life not even approachable in a lot of places in USA. Here in Maine it is legal and possible. I think it is good of Maxis to at least let our sims experience this though.

Here this is a magazine published today and since 1792 -

Yankee Magazine and Old Farmers Almanac

Have lots of good info etc for living off the grid and getting back to basics.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....