Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    I'm currently writing a quick love story, just to see where it takes me. It's fun!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    xMike_Bx wrote: »
    Poster for the upcoming season of MURDER VALLEY SIMS!

Thoughts?

oV4Zu4L.jpg

I think it looks great!
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    @CathyTea that's an interesting banner in your signature for Simcrush Sunday. I don't recognize all the Sims, so any chance you could list the ones you included and what story they're from?

That might be too much work.

Maybe their writers could claim them? I see Carmen, and one of them looks like my Bo, but I wonder if I'm mistaken. And now I'm worried Bo looks too generic, haha.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    A2A chapter time! :smiley:

Today, Hope's parents are in Windenburg for a visit :)

Interlude: Calm Down
    hECjRYg.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Happy Palm Sunday! (It used to be really important in my family but things change...) Axel spends it trying out a stuff pack.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    RubeySim wrote: »
    After a months break I think I'm ready to come back. I've been playing the last few days, taking plenty of screenshots, though I'm not sure if I'll write them into a story or not as I'm a month and a half away from graduating school and two months away from giving birth. As well as prepping the nursery, baby shower, prenatal classes, appointments and working. Real life is a hard but I missed the sims and it helps calm me.

I've tried writing but nothing I have sticks so far when beginning to write a legacy. It's only now starting to form a story as I play and take screenshots to bring it to life. The founders spouse is dead and the child is only a child so far and there would be a large gap between when I stopped taking photos just when the child was born to when the story actually began to form. Anyone have any ideas, tips or tricks for this?

I think I may continue to try and write, if not just continue with playing and taking screenshots, until I've written something worth sharing. Even if they pile up until my maternity leave then between dealing with the baby I can revisit publishing or rewriting.

Sorry if none of that made sense, trying to get it all out and seeing if anyone has any tips for me. TIA <3

Hello Rubey! So glad to have you back writing SimLit and in the Lounge once again! All the best with this stage of your life - it's busy and stressful, but I believe you'll have plenty of good memories to look back upon in times to come. Enjoy it and take good care of yourself and the baby! :)

There's nothing wrong with a gap in between! I've read plenty of stories with time jumps and they all work out beautifully. Feel free to write in accordance with your screenshots and explore how different it was from before the baby was born until now. I also really like @felblossom's idea of using it as a backstory for the child! :)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I already gave @LadyLobster some love in my chapter today... Why not go all-out and give her some love for SimCrush Sunday too? ;)

My SimCrush for today is Byron Blackwell from her story Fangs for the Memories. Byron is unbelievably adorable -- every screenshot of him is so dang cute! But what makes him even BETTER is how pure and sweet he is. He has this child-like innocence and goodness/purity that makes him so endearing. He may be a vampire with a cold, dead heart... but it's also a very big one! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited April 2017
    Happy Timezones, all!

We haven't seen the Party All Day Boys for a while. So in this MISM episode, they host a dance party!

Season 2 Episode 23: Dance Party!!
    itAlsu4.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I guess this is my next simcrushes?
    x012.gif.pagespeed.ic.3CushUvEC-.webp
    I love Fast Lane Stuff, probably the only stuff pack that I actually like in sims 3.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    OJenn wrote: »
    @aroseinbloom - I have always favored challenges because they give a starting point, this is another reason I pick and choose carefully which challenges I pick up. I tend to go for ones that are a little more free-form, with no so many rules because I feel like this allows me to take the story anywhere. However I could also see the reverse being true as well, something with set restrictions being the cause of a great story arc.

@SimmerSteffie - Refresh my memory are you rebooting the Priest Legacy? I think you and chatted briefly about that in the past. If so how do you feel about how the process if going so far? I am currently doing a lot of being the scenes work for my legacy reboot and I'd love to see what's been working for you or vice versa.

@AkramA - I am just going to give you my most visited listing for maxis match cc
    WMS
    Nolan
    Peacemaker
    SOTR
    SLL
    Lumia
    Lana Maxis Match (organized listing)

Great...now I have to go on a binge.

You don't have to...@jes2g

You hush...

i thought you said you only pick on Amanda. lol

@friendsfan367 She doesn't consider this picking on me. It's just part of our friendship. I suppose @Jes2G and I would say--giving each other a hard time! And I love it :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @aroseinbloom - I have always favored challenges because they give a starting point, this is another reason I pick and choose carefully which challenges I pick up. I tend to go for ones that are a little more free-form, with no so many rules because I feel like this allows me to take the story anywhere. However I could also see the reverse being true as well, something with set restrictions being the cause of a great story arc.

@SimmerSteffie - Refresh my memory are you rebooting the Priest Legacy? I think you and chatted briefly about that in the past. If so how do you feel about how the process if going so far? I am currently doing a lot of being the scenes work for my legacy reboot and I'd love to see what's been working for you or vice versa.

@AkramA - I am just going to give you my most visited listing for maxis match cc
    WMS
    Nolan
    Peacemaker
    SOTR
    SLL
    Lumia
    Lana Maxis Match (organized listing)

Great...now I have to go on a binge.

You don't have to...@jes2g

You hush...

i thought you said you only pick on Amanda. lol

@friendsfan367 She doesn't consider this picking on me. It's just part of our friendship. I suppose @Jes2G and I would say--giving each other a hard time! And I love it :)

hi aero.
  • Options
    It feels good to be back here.

I just typed up this long post explaining what's been going on with me, then I hit something and it went away :(

But the bulk of it was simply saying that, while I have friends here in CO, I haven't found people that are 'my people.' The nerds, geeks, spiritual, nature lovers who fill my soul back up with energy and I realized that I've had those people all along--you're here! You've always been the ones to inspire me and give me that energy when I need it and I went looking for it elsewhere. I have been disappointed, but I'm so grateful to be able to come back to this community and find you all again <3
  • Options
    It feels good to be back here.

I just typed up this long post explaining what's been going on with me, then I hit something and it went away :(

But the bulk of it was simply saying that, while I have friends here in CO, I haven't found people that are 'my people.' The nerds, geeks, spiritual, nature lovers who fill my soul back up with energy and I realized that I've had those people all along--you're here! You've always been the ones to inspire me and give me that energy when I need it and I went looking for it elsewhere. I have been disappointed, but I'm so grateful to be able to come back to this community and find you all again <3

we love you. welcome back. hugs.
  • Options
    Hiya, @friendsfan367! How are you doing today? How's the apartment?
  • Options
    @aroseinbloom Your post made me smile! It's wonderful having you back with us too! :) I know a lot of us here in the Lounge really missed having you around! <3
  • Options

a dry mess. lol. i can't move anything where it goes til the guys finish patching and painting all the holes. and put my dishwasher back. most of my dishes wete dirty because i hadn't ran it yet . and so i'm livimg in a mess right now. and mom comes today she lives in the land of clean. thats going to be fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Okay, submitting my entry for Simcrush Sunday!

The lovely @Thymeless has so many attractive Sims in her Centauri Legacy (which by the way is awesome to read, do go and check it out), but the one who really pulled at my heartstrings is Leo Centauri. He's third generation, a twin, and an all around bad boy who has a heart of pure gold. He's protective of his family, good with children, and loves mixing up drinks! And he wears glitter eyeshadow. Just because he can. ;)

Check him out below. :)
    02-46-ss39.jpg?w=676

02-56-ss04.jpg?w=676

How nice to be treated to a sight like this in the morning. ;)
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    Oh wow so a complete revamp! Let me ask you have you ever tried outlining or even (as silly as this sounds) a diagram of how you want the story to go?

You know that's actually something I'm really trying to do this time around!
    I'm awful about doing outlines, but I think it would be really helpful.
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @eXokamikaze Awwwwww <3 I'll be sure to let him know!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options

a dry mess. lol. i can't move anything where it goes til the guys finish patching and painting all the holes. and put my dishwasher back. most of my dishes wete dirty because i hadn't ran it yet . and so i'm livimg in a mess right now. and mom comes today she lives in the land of clean. thats going to be fun.

Sounds like a tough day, @friendsfan367! I hope you're able to get your apartment back in order soon.
  • Options
    @aroseinbloom Your post made me smile! It's wonderful having you back with us too! :) I know a lot of us here in the Lounge really missed having you around! <3

Thanks :) The Sims creative community is by far the best one around! <3
  • Options
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea that's an interesting banner in your signature for Simcrush Sunday. I don't recognize all the Sims, so any chance you could list the ones you included and what story they're from?

That might be too much work.

Maybe their writers could claim them? I see Carmen, and one of them looks like my Bo, but I wonder if I'm mistaken. And now I'm worried Bo looks too generic, haha.

They were all mentioned in last week's Sim Crush inauguration ! If I get a chance when I'm on the computer , I'll identify them .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm currently writing a quick love story, just to see where it takes me. It's fun!

Awesome ! Can't wait to read it!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top