Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    what exactly is start fresh saturday..? i haven't been here most of the week.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Oh, it's just in honor of getting a fresh start on the weekend! So it can be BIG (as in "I just reloaded all the games on my computer, and I'm starting over!" or "I'm starting a brand new blog with a brand new story!") or small (as in "I got a great new idea for kick-starting my next chapter which I was feeling a little 'blah' about." or "I think I'll introduce a new family into my rotation!")

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    i added some comunity lots to newcrest. a bowling alley a restraunt and what i hope is a spa when i tried to check out spa day when it came out lauren was pregnant and wet herself. which was kind of funny she apent a lot of time getting total relaxed then wet herself and got tense again.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Oh, it's just in honor of getting a fresh start on the weekend! So it can be BIG (as in "I just reloaded all the games on my computer, and I'm starting over!" or "I'm starting a brand new blog with a brand new story!") or small (as in "I got a great new idea for kick-starting my next chapter which I was feeling a little 'blah' about." or "I think I'll introduce a new family into my rotation!")

i guess i'm doing the last one. because alana decdied to have a family this time she shocked me.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    @aroseinbloom - I have always favored challenges because they give a starting point, this is another reason I pick and choose carefully which challenges I pick up. I tend to go for ones that are a little more free-form, with no so many rules because I feel like this allows me to take the story anywhere. However I could also see the reverse being true as well, something with set restrictions being the cause of a great story arc.

@SimmerSteffie - Refresh my memory are you rebooting the Priest Legacy? I think you and chatted briefly about that in the past. If so how do you feel about how the process if going so far? I am currently doing a lot of being the scenes work for my legacy reboot and I'd love to see what's been working for you or vice versa.

@AkramA - I am just going to give you my most visited listing for maxis match cc
    WMS
    Nolan
    Peacemaker
    SOTR
    SLL
    Lumia
    Lana Maxis Match (organized listing)

Great...now I have to go on a binge.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

Oh, the binge was intentional ! When they popped up in my reader , I thought it was a scheduling mishap and I was thanking the gremlins ! But now I can thank you! That was a great way to start my Saturday !

You're welcome! :)
    forum_final.png

• Options

Oh, the binge was intentional ! When they popped up in my reader , I thought it was a scheduling mishap and I was thanking the gremlins ! But now I can thank you! That was a great way to start my Saturday !

i guess jes is unglitched now. a month ago you weren't seeing anything.

Yep! I'm unglitched lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options

Oh, yeah ! That got mostly fixed! Juliana shows up now. Sometimes the rotation doesn't . :/

That's so weird.
    forum_final.png

• Options

Oh, yeah ! That got mostly fixed! Juliana shows up now. Sometimes the rotation doesn't . :/

That's so weird.

You're telling me!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    considering he has 6 kids who either got pregnant and married or got someone else pregnant and married them before hs was over noels a little more judgemental than i thought . he doesn't like aliens.
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    edited April 2017
    @aroseinbloom - I have always favored challenges because they give a starting point, this is another reason I pick and choose carefully which challenges I pick up. I tend to go for ones that are a little more free-form, with no so many rules because I feel like this allows me to take the story anywhere. However I could also see the reverse being true as well, something with set restrictions being the cause of a great story arc.

@SimmerSteffie - Refresh my memory are you rebooting the Priest Legacy? I think you and chatted briefly about that in the past. If so how do you feel about how the process if going so far? I am currently doing a lot of being the scenes work for my legacy reboot and I'd love to see what's been working for you or vice versa.

@AkramA - I am just going to give you my most visited listing for maxis match cc
    WMS
    Nolan
    Peacemaker
    SOTR
    SLL
    Lumia

You don't have to...@jes2g
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    I don't know if anyone has been to this site yet, but thriftbooks is a great place to go online for cheap used books. I think I've bought almost my entire collection of Southern Living cookbooks off of that site, plus I always like to get books for gifts there too. Yay recycling! Just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone has a book habit bigger than their wallet.
  • Options
    i'm going in game to see what noel wants and to see if i accomplished the get teen to a students thing i lost a few days because of the leak.
  • Options

WMS
    Nolan
    Peacemaker
    SOTR
    SLL
    Lumia

You hush...
    forum_final.png

• Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    After a months break I think I'm ready to come back. I've been playing the last few days, taking plenty of screenshots, though I'm not sure if I'll write them into a story or not as I'm a month and a half away from graduating school and two months away from giving birth. As well as prepping the nursery, baby shower, prenatal classes, appointments and working. Real life is a hard but I missed the sims and it helps calm me.

I've tried writing but nothing I have sticks so far when beginning to write a legacy. It's only now starting to form a story as I play and take screenshots to bring it to life. The founders spouse is dead and the child is only a child so far and there would be a large gap between when I stopped taking photos just when the child was born to when the story actually began to form. Anyone have any ideas, tips or tricks for this?

I think I may continue to try and write, if not just continue with playing and taking screenshots, until I've written something worth sharing. Even if they pile up until my maternity leave then between dealing with the baby I can revisit publishing or rewriting.

Sorry if none of that made sense, trying to get it all out and seeing if anyone has any tips for me. TIA <3
  • Options
    xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member

Poster for the upcoming season of MURDER VALLEY SIMS!

Thoughts?

oV4Zu4L.jpg
  • Options

WMS
    Nolan
    Peacemaker
    SOTR
    SLL
    Lumia

You hush...

i thought you said you only pick on Amanda. lol
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    the bender toddlers age in 4 sim days. ayden in 6 then the real fun starts .lol. then i ge the atwoods. i'm going with those 2 first because they got together a few days apart. hopefully i can age every one before bed. i mean all 6 familes.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    You're welcome @Jes2G :tongue:
    @OJenn Hey! Yes that was/is the plan. I'd written a bunch of like pre-legacy posts that I enjoyed writing a lot, but I have a tendency to not know how to wrap up an arc, so it ended up really awkward. Soooo I'm re-writing again. :lol:

My issue tends to be that I can never get screenshots that look the way I imagine them to. I might be better off playing first vs. writing first, but I haven't been able to find the right balance.

Either way, I think I'm mostly abandoning the original legacy, other than the name. New characters and everything else.

Oh wow so a complete revamp! Let me ask you have you ever tried outlining or even (as silly as this sounds) a diagram of how you want the story to go?
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    xMike_Bx wrote: »
    Poster for the upcoming season of MURDER VALLEY SIMS!

Thoughts?

oV4Zu4L.jpg

It looks great! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    sis i don't think your wish for elsa and ayden to stay together looks good.

2 words seperate beds . and i haven't even added the drama inducers yet.the kids aged but ayden didn't so thats tomorrow.
  • Options

2 words seperate beds . and i haven't even added the drama inducers yet.the kids aged but ayden didn't so thats tomorrow.

Wow! Even with the re-do, their romance didn't stick! :open_mouth:

• Options

i had nothing to do with it. lol zayden will return once ayden is a ya and christine sometime after that.
  • Options

i know
  • Options
    felblossomfelblossom Posts: 14 New Member
    RubeySim wrote: »
    After a months break I think I'm ready to come back. I've been playing the last few days, taking plenty of screenshots, though I'm not sure if I'll write them into a story or not as I'm a month and a half away from graduating school and two months away from giving birth. As well as prepping the nursery, baby shower, prenatal classes, appointments and working. Real life is a hard but I missed the sims and it helps calm me.

I've tried writing but nothing I have sticks so far when beginning to write a legacy. It's only now starting to form a story as I play and take screenshots to bring it to life. The founders spouse is dead and the child is only a child so far and there would be a large gap between when I stopped taking photos just when the child was born to when the story actually began to form. Anyone have any ideas, tips or tricks for this?

I think I may continue to try and write, if not just continue with playing and taking screenshots, until I've written something worth sharing. Even if they pile up until my maternity leave then between dealing with the baby I can revisit publishing or rewriting.

Sorry if none of that made sense, trying to get it all out and seeing if anyone has any tips for me. TIA <3

Good luck with real life, sounds like you've got a lot going on - but exciting stuff!

As for the writing part - you're always free to skip a couple of rules of the legacy challenge. Is it a legacy? If you have a story just maybe see where that takes you? Start with the main character as a child and go from there? Maybe use it as a back story? Playing a legacy, for me, can get pretty task driven. I tend to get a wee bit obsessive and spend several sim-days just working on skills and promotions, and not much else happening. Either that, or I'm not paying much attention and spend too much time in 3x speed. Oops. However, trying to patch this up in writing is an educating experience, and fun too. It's your story and you can do what you want with it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top