Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want more towns. If you do to come and join this whine session.

BloomofSparksBloomofSparks Posts: 486 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know with the recent addition of city living and the vampires game pack did add two smallish town. But I would like to see more blank neighborhoods like Newcrest. Ether give us some more or let us add are own small towns like in the Sims 2. In a battle royal on best Sims incarnation the top dogs duking it out for me will always be the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. Although I love so much from the Sims 3 the winner by a small margin is the Sims 2. One reason is the ability to either add on neighborhoods to existing towns like Pleasentview, or start your own towns. My personnel favorite was creating a town will call it Sunnybrook, and than using and ether a shopping district or a downtown district to add a poor neighborhood and a gated community neighborhood and so on. With the way the Sims 4 is fleshing out I see a very Sims 2 feel to the towns and neighborhoods, and would love to add on. And if EA and maxis want to more control that fine to but... come on the lot sizes are pathetic. In all the towns there is only one lot bigger than a 50x50 and it is currently in use. when I made my first mansion ( and if you all want to see it let me know and I'll upload it. in the Sims 3 not many liked to download my stuff so I stopped.) on a 50x50 there was more house than yard space, and the size of the mansion it self was also smaller then my past mansion. I would very much appreciate at least a few lots say 60x60 minimum. And with that lady's and gentlemen comes the conclusion of this B!t#h Session. Please anyone who wishes to b!t#h too feel free to join in, and for those that think I should add some cheese to go with that whine of mine that you're prerogative Love BloomofSparks P.S my name in the Sims 4 is MelosaofRadois
Post edited by BloomofSparks on

Comments

• Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd be happy with a not-dark version of Forgotten Hollow that featured ordinary wild plants instead of plasma fruit etc.

But I'll happily whinge with you about the lack of worlds/neighbourhoods. I'm pretty much restricted to Oasis Springs <3, and New Crest when I can be bothered to throw a town together. I'm just not keen on the others.
    Post edited by ratsrbest on
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    There are 100+ (it varies by how you count San Myshuno lots) buildable lots in TS4. I have one save that I've completely filled. I like to build, but I can't seem to fill up the lots with either families or commercial lots in my other game saves ( I don't use MC CC ). Do we really need more lots or do we have to recycle the lots that we already have? How many active families does the average player have going at one time? How many commercial lots does a game need?
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I want more towns - more stuff in general.

I want everything.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think everyone wants more "worlds". I've suggested to the devs that the people who create worlds (which may be a subset of the overall EP team), be spun out to be a separate team and then they can just work on worlds and release them in a separate World Pack. This way, players can purchase a new world if they want a new world or when they want a new world. I doubt if there will ever be another world like San Myshuno that is so involved and interconnected (due to the apartment system). Most worlds will be like Windenburg or Oasis Springs or Willow Creek.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Yes, more neighborhoods like Newcrest also more plants, careers, hair, some pets, activities, tv stations, collectibles, jewelry, and all the other things also too.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    We cannot be pushed around any longer - we must get what is rightfully ours - all of it - everything.

When the Maxis Mafia pulled toddlers we - as a species - across nations - across oceans - came together and fought a war of such ferocity that 187 people were banned - 1,234 people were jailed and 12,423 were warned.

We fell and rose - we came back in waves - we continued onwards - we would not surrender - we did not surrender.

I think we can win a new town - especially considering we now know how to fight and they know that we know that we can win.
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    I just want a new vacation spot. Somewhere sunny and beach like :)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Okay I really gotta move my sims. I haven't even moved them to a different lot let alone a different town lol. I should explore the worlds.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    tikithedragontikithedragon Posts: 20 New Member
    I understand we do have plenty of lots, but the reason why at least I want more worlds is new backgrounds, environments, and locales.
  • Options

Sorry goddesssims I did not know this whine had already begun.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Can I haz some cheese with that whine?...
    (oh and some more space to build stuff please?) o:)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    We cannot be pushed around any longer - we must get what is rightfully ours - all of it - everything.

When the Maxis Mafia pulled toddlers we - as a species - across nations - across oceans - came together and fought a war of such ferocity that 187 people were banned - 1,234 people were jailed and 12,423 were warned.

We fell and rose - we came back in waves - we continued onwards - we would not surrender - we did not surrender.

I think we can win a new town - especially considering we now know how to fight and they know that we know that we can win.

Right on as my Mom would probably say lets march on city hall. In this case lets continue with what I know how to do best...

Be A Little S!#t disturber.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Towns would be good, a Create a world would be better :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm always up for a new town.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I am with you on this one. I play rotationally and I use all the worlds. With only a few exceptions, I prefer not to tear Maxis lots down because I edit anything that I want to change. In order to do so, I have to know that I'm not going to use a lot again. I like renovating the starter homes so I usually don't tear them down. (The neighborhood in Oasis Springs is an exception because the starter part of town has been transitional in my game; it's now more commercial than residential).

My various characters do go to the different gyms, libraries, parks, etc. In a way, I'm playing a community rather than a specific person - like Thornton Wilder's Our Town or something. Lol.

Anyway, I welcome more worlds and I will use them. I agree that I really like the varied backgrounds of the different worlds. Rotating between them and feeling very different in each place, keeps me from getting bored. I'm trying to think of a world that I wouldn't be interested in and I'm not coming up with one, at least not one that would realistically show up in the game. This is a double negative, I know, but the lack of desire for a new world is never a factor when I decide if I want new content in this game because it is so easy to travel between the worlds.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

Don't be more people need to speak up.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Absolutely! I'm PLUMB out of space to build anymore homes on.
    Still waiting for the "shopping district" to be bigger then 4 lots as well..
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I'd love a tropical world.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Don't be more people need to speak up.

I do apologise, I never intended to offend anyone. However your comment does not become more profound with repetition
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    It's not even a question of building space for me. Like it or not, the setting of my game matters.

So we have a handful of very geographically separate worlds that are treated like they are right next door to each other. Which for storytelling and immersion, is a load of baloney. And you can't ignore it! Yes I've complained about this before, but it actually stops me from being able to play the game as a game (and not using it as a screenshot and storytelling tool). My sims living in the American Southwest or not-San Francisco get regular invites to clubs in Germany or regular visitors from Louisiana.

And what if I want my sims to live in the tropics? On a beach? In farmland? Literally anywhere that isn't a sparkly bayou, desert, old Germany, city, Vampireland, or generic suburb Newcrest? No luck. Time to go back to TS3. And let's not get started on me sometimes wanting my sims in Windenburg to have a certain location or venue but there being no space for it other than in Newcrest, which does not match much at all.

We either need more worlds or a CAW tool. And perhaps a way to say "no thanks" to having certain worlds active in a save. Or even just a stop to German visitors coming in and out of Willow Creek at ease, if the player wants that.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    It's disappointing we don't have something like SC4 to build our own since this is closed world. And don't even have a world editor in game to get rid of some trees or replace with others etc. It might be possible to change WC to a different type world environment if we could edit it. :'(

ETA: I must have misunderstood the hype back in 2013/2014 about backdrops, I was under the impression we would be able to change the fake backdrops to different things and edit our towns to be totally different.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    And being able to place lots in the vast amounts of empty space many worlds have.
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I would like more vacation towns, like a wintery destination and a beach.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!