Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boys vs Girls, my opinion, sorry if I offended

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I wish people would stop using the term social justice warrior to refer to people who are simply trolls. I consider myself a social justice warrior because I believe in equality and fairness for all. I would never call someone a sexist or racist for the reasons the trolls used as an excuse. By their reasoning every light skinned sim on the gallery would indicate a racist, and every male sim in a blue shirt would indicate the creator is a sexist. Your family is really cute mcrudd. Great use of the new bowling stuff pack clothing.

I'm on your team -- we don't have to bowl if you don't want to though. B)

I tend to go with pink for girls because I'm a girl (well , a very old girl) and I like pink. (Also like purple.) Colors are colors -- we needn't read anything into them unless we're programmed to do so. So the people who complain that pink for girls and blue for boys is "bad" or "sexist" need to examine their own belief system, perhaps and figure out why a color choice means so much to you.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Wralai wrote: »
    -Boys wearing blue and girls wearing pink is not sexist. It'd only be sexist/rude if you said 'The girls are wearing pink because all girls like pink, and the boys are wearing blue because all boys like blue.' Plenty of girls wear all pink and plenty of boys wear all blue. It's just people and what they like. If a girl likes/wears a lot of pink, that's all it means. Not that she's contributing to gender stereotypes.

-A family being white is not racist. That's even more silly than the last one. It's like calling Brave racist because they're all white. It takes place in SCOTLAND. I did see one racist sim that was titled 'Typical Black Girl' and she was overweight, wore lots of makeup, and had the traits Lazy, Slob, and Glutton. A sim being overweight, having lots of makeup, and having those traits is not a terrible combo by itself, but when you couple it with the phrase 'Typical Black Girl' it becomes racist. Of course, I don't think you can find that sim anymore. EA took it down, thank goodness.

I saw a sim that wasn't racist at all, the title was 'Handsome Black Man.'
    In my opinion, the people should be congratulating you on the favorite, or asking you the results of the game (if it happened) and not turning it into a big fuss about racism and sexism.

Congrats on the favorite, and I'm so sorry that people tried to take away that bit of happiness in your life. I hope you get good news about what's happening in your life, you certainly desere it! Heading into the game now to drop a favorite onto your creation.

I would have reported that if I saw it -- then downloaded her and given her a major makeover including trait changes. B) (And now I've got to go listen to Salt N Pepa's song "Whatta Man".)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Meh, people are ignorant sometimes. You didn't do anything malicious so don't apologize don't give in to bully trolls.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    OP, in this world we live in now, you can't take a step without offending someone, somewhere. If you don't make sims of a certain color, you are racist. If you color-coded sims, your sexist. If you don't have gays or transgender, your homophobic. Someone, somewhere will be offended, regardless of what you do. Easier said than done, try not to let it hurt your feelings. If you have to, quit reading the comments. Unless people are spamming your account with hate, just let it roll off you. If they are breaking rules by spamming you with hate, report them, block them, and move on. It sucks that this moment of happiness and moment of sun in a dark time is being tainted.

Just like I'm sure I'll offend someone with this post. I could give two hoots less (get, owls. Hoots. I kill me. *clears throat* anyways) and won't even acknowledge them. Some people just look for something to be offended by, and that speaks way more of them than it does you.

I'm sending you good vibes and warm thoughts that things will get better in your life and a deep, heartfelt apology you are going through what you are. Big hugs.
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    You've done nothing wrong. Some people just have to find a problem or take offense to everything. It seems to be a common issue unfortunately.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thank you once again for everyones lovely support, you guys are the best <3 Happy simming :)
  • Options
    Izzy3382Izzy3382 Posts: 6 New Member
    I wish a plum would tell me what to imagine! Do what you want @mcrudd, it is your game, your imagination and it does not affect those idiots in the slightest. I don't know where people get off thinking they have a right to shame or censor another persons creativity. Your family is beautiful, and that is coming from me, a gay, black disabled person who thinks all types of families are great, not just the ones approved by people who have nothing better to do but look for offense in everything. OMG your shoelaces are green and blue, you are a colorist! OMGoshk you smiled at a baby, you ageist, why dont you smile at the elderly! OMGoiiiiiidddduh you listen to ASMR you must be sightophobic! Those kinds of people are so annoying. It is best as other said to just ignore them. They have no life, no one loves them because they are toxic and they want to bring you down and plum on your creativity because they have none of their own.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Mcrudd don't get sad because of this people, they are only people that behind a screen can talk everything, no matter if they hurt other people feelings, but when they are face to face 99% of them can't say 0.1% of what they say on the internet. And like it was said before, i think most of them are just jealous persons that can't even get 1 download in most of their uploads. And an advice for life, smiling is the best thing to do even when we are down, make people that don't like us mad, because they don't get how we are always "happy" and in a good vibe in life (this make people that wants to puts us down crazy :) ), and make us feel better with ourselves because it bring to us good energy. So try your best to smille :smile:
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi all, thanks for your support <3
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    It's a wonderful family and congratulations on being recognized for it.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited April 2017
    I wish people would stop using the term social justice warrior to refer to people who are simply trolls. I consider myself a social justice warrior because I believe in equality and fairness for all. I would never call someone a sexist or racist for the reasons the trolls used as an excuse. By their reasoning every light skinned sim on the gallery would indicate a racist, and every male sim in a blue shirt would indicate the creator is a sexist. Your family is really cute mcrudd. Great use of the new bowling stuff pack clothing.
    I believe 'egalitarianist' is a better term for yourself. An SJW does the opposite of what an egalitarianist does, as they basically prefer social dominance over reason and logic.
    Post edited by MMX on
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm sorry that happened, OP. Your idea is cute and I don't see anything wrong with it.

I'm also sorry about everything that you are going through. Trolls are a big problem. Yeah, we usually say that it's just one troll but when you add it up, there are a lot of them out there. People need to learn to value empathy. Keep going and don't let them get you down.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    ppl do the most on the forum! i think it's cute

lol mte.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Don't worry man. People will always look for something to be 'mad' about. It looks to me like some people got jealous of your Maxis favorite and decided to be mean. Just because your family is white, stereotypical suburbia doesn't make you sexist, racist or any of the other 'ists' in the book. They could just as easily have been any other race, sex or creed and someone, somewhere would have found something to complain about them. Congrats on your favorite! Don't let mean people ruin your fun!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    There's nothing remotely sexist or racist about your family at all. Every Maxis favorite receives hate, my friend received hate because her male sim had feminine makeup on. Don't take it personally and be flattered that people are going out of their way to bash on it because it means they're envious of the positive attention you received.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I'm am very sorry for what you are going through. You did absolutely nothing wrong. :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    So sorry you're dealing with such heartache in your life. I've followed you since this game launched. I love your ugly to beauty sims especially. You're a great creator, and you deserve the favourite. There is nothing wrong with your family, and there is nothing offensive about them (I say this a fully qualified sjw). I hope you get some answers, and some peace soon. <3
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Thank you all, still waiting for answers about body found, apparently it can take weeks or months, it is the hardest time to wait. But thanks all for your support I do appreciate it <3
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I've never understood why people get offended on behalf of others. I'm almost 100% sure that those offended by this are white heterosexual people :D
    Just do whatever you like and don't let others bring you down :)
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/F2E53DF015EC11E78651FD6CB19685FA
    sWJeQ8u.png

I uploaded a family I made to test my bowling lot I made to the gallery. I was very excited when it was picked as a Maxis favourite, for me it was such an honour that it was noticed. Now however I feel completely different, I am hurt by all the comments made saying that I am sexist and even racist. People are complaining that my family is sexist because all the boys are wearing blue and the girls are wearing pink, they are complaining that I am racist because its an all white family. Why I don't know, I am not racist or sexist. Infact I am a very open minded person and have friends of all races and sexualities, My daughter has a gay godfather and I have friends of all races. I even have mixed race family. I would like to tell people to stop being judgemental. I know even this might get backlash and francly you guys can't hurt me more than I am allready. I have been playing sims a lot more the last year and a month because my brother has been missing and it keeps me sain. On the night I made this family I was up very late waiting for the results of an autopsy of a decomposed body that was found, to see if it was him or not. I was so excited when I realised my family was favored, it made me smile in a hard situation, but now I just want all my uploads removed that include gender or race, because heavens know I don't want to offend anyone the way I did now. I think I will stick to only uploading my collection rooms from now on. Sorry if I am offending or upsetting anyone with my post I guess it was not the best idea to post it on the day that my brother is officially missing for a year and a month, but I had to vent. This will probably get locked anyways or even removed. I just wanted to let you know that the simmer behind the computer avatar is indeed a real life human being going through things difficult or happy and people should consider feelings before posting their comments. Well that is me, once again sorry if I offended anyone with any of my uploads

Yours sincerely Melanie aka mcrudd

Well I'm a black simmer and the first thing I thought about when I saw your Sims were "Aww what a cute family" I'm tired of all of this race stuff being brought up. We play how we play, I am also happy that there are cc creators out there making really cool creations to make my game more real to me but enough is enough you shouldn't have to explain you creations to anyone its just plain ridiculous. On another note I hope everything goes well with finding your brother, I'm really so sorry to hear that. I also use my game play to take my mind off of life's troubles. Congrats and keep doing what you're doing your Sims look absolutely beautiful and I hope you're enjoying bowling as I am. Happy Simming.
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Thank you all. I appreciate the support <3

I've heard the saying If they're hating you must be doing something right!
  • Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    "mcrudd wrote: »
    "People are complaining that my family is sexist because all the boys are wearing blue and the girls are wearing pink, they are complaining that I am racist because its an all white family.
    They're just kids doing what colleges indoctrinate them to do: using hate to get everyone to conform to what they say, lest you be labeled a "racist" or "sexist" or a person with a "phobia". It's a very powerful way to censor all dissenting opinions by getting people to censor themselves lest you be hatefully attacked in such a way. People need to stop caving to it or it just gets worse since it works.

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Bowling temas
    I was thinking Aliens vs Vampires
    somebody did it?
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I think your family is wonderful and it is a cute pic!! Ignore people with ignorant comments about how you dress them. They are YOUR sims... you can have them wear anything you want, be any color you want (even BLUE for crying out loud) and it does not make YOU racist or sexist. Don't pay them any mind. Some people have nothing better to do than try to bring others down.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Yikes and Sims forbids talks of politics in then forums so why would someone even make a political statement in the comments in the gallery? Seems trollish, bait, and just cruel. I won't get into my own political beliefs on here or my ethical/morality stances, but I think your family is absolutely fine. Besides, it's your choice with how you present your sims. That's what sims is all about: you. You create them how you see fit, whether be it traditional or contemporary or whatever. Expression is all in your hands. And you shouldn't be accused of being such nasty things based on your sims.

While people are leaving nasty comments, I'd keep it implanted in my mind that you were chosen by Maxis. People will try to bait you or drag you down. Try your best to tune them out and know you have a lot of support.

Lastly, I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. I hope all goes well for you.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀