Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boys vs Girls, my opinion, sorry if I offended

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Your family is super cute and the idea is really good. Congrats that you got favorited :).
    The people saying those things are misguided.. or you might just being targeted due to the recognition.

Sending you good thoughts for your personal situation. I hope you get resolution and healing soon.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2017
    You shouldn't ever have had to apologize for that cute family you created.
    If anything, those rude commenters should be apologizing to you! :|
    I like the idea you have, and I might try something similar someday, when I get the pack.
    (my own ideas get so lame sometimes, so I love to see ideas from others)
    (Also, I am sorry about the situation about your brother. )

Please keep enjoying your game, & don't let jealous, nasty people get you down, if possible.
    I wish you, and yours, the best. :)
    Post edited by LatteCrab on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Lovely family. I've downloaded them and see several of your other families I'll be downloading also. :)
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited April 2017
    i hate people now of days yes pink and blue can be used for any gender now of days but its stilled used for male and female for things and who cares if the people are white in there it just drives me nuts when people call others sexist and racist when they didn't even do anything wrong. you were just sharing something you liked and shouldn't of been attacked for it
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    why does it matter to them what colour shirt they are wearing and everything. They are your simsnot theirs. Don't listen to them.
  • PixieMnkyPixieMnky Posts: 73 Member
    You made a nice creation (that got a Maxis fav) and good for you :). Some people just love to find things to be outraged over, even if they have to make something from nothing. I am sorry about the difficult things going on in your life. Just remember for every hater, there are a hundred more people who see through the bull.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thank you all. I appreciate the support <3
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Its your family and you're allowed to do whatever you want with them. If someone wants a more diverse family than they can make their own. Its a cute family and you should be proud of yourself.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2017
    A Huge congratulations on being Maxis favourite. I think your family are really cute and well thought out, having the family well balanced out. They look really cute. I'm going to download them after I have been to sleep.
    Take no notice of negative comments.
    ;)
  • taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    I have to agree with others and say don't apologize. You can't sneeze without offending someone and this is silly. Try not to let it get to you.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Folks are just jelly/salty. Congrats on the Maxis fave.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I wish people would stop using the term social justice warrior to refer to people who are simply trolls. I consider myself a social justice warrior because I believe in equality and fairness for all. I would never call someone a sexist or racist for the reasons the trolls used as an excuse. By their reasoning every light skinned sim on the gallery would indicate a racist, and every male sim in a blue shirt would indicate the creator is a sexist. Your family is really cute mcrudd. Great use of the new bowling stuff pack clothing.

Agreed.

Also you're family is cute. I don't really see how it's racist...at all

I understand that people don't like having blue and pink equaling a certain gender (because anyone can wear any color), they're going overboard. Plus pink and blue are used for boys and girls. They're being silly and rude and by trying to hurt your feelings they're are being gross and disgusting.

If girls want wear pink and guys want to wear blue, they aren't trying to "uphold" an oppressive system just like when guys wear pink and girls wear blue, they aren't weird (or any insult)

Just ignore them OP. They don't have to download the family if they don't want to and could have easily ignored the Maxis favorite. Don't let them win <3

tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Don't listen to the haters. I don't find it racist at all just cuz they're all white. That doesn't make sense. And the people who are thinking you're sexist because of the color coded shirts are just silly. You should just ignore these people. They're too sensitive and overlook things.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Haters gonna hate. Don't let it bother you. Congrats on being maxis favorited. I think we all secretly aspire to it.
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I wish people would stop using the term social justice warrior to refer to people who are simply trolls. I consider myself a social justice warrior because I believe in equality and fairness for all. I would never call someone a sexist or racist for the reasons the trolls used as an excuse. By their reasoning every light skinned sim on the gallery would indicate a racist, and every male sim in a blue shirt would indicate the creator is a sexist. Your family is really cute mcrudd. Great use of the new bowling stuff pack clothing.

my thoughts exactly.

but anyway.

your family is adorbs. haters gon' hate.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited April 2017
    People can be petty a--f, dont pay them any mind
    Thanks all. You are all amazing <3
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    The comments I see on Maxis Faves can be so mean sometimes :/ Ive seen people call other's creations "ugly" and say "ew". You're family is fine, people are just looking for ways to bring you down. Its sad.
  • AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    As others have said, don't pay any mind to them. They are trolls and while the internet has been an amazing thing for our society, it also makes it easier for hateful people to spread their hateful message.
    You know what is in your heart. You are clearly a sweet person. If you werent then you wouldnt be so affected from unkind words. Hold your head up high and just avoid comment sections because no one should have the power to make you feel bad about what you have created just because they are bored.

Congrats on Maxis Fav!!
    edited April 2017
    Thank you all I feel much better, especially since today is coming to an end and its nearly time to go to sleep and put it behind me, I do not like the second of each month, its just painful. You guys have been Awesome and I feel much better, thank you so much for all the support <3

For those of you who don't mind, could you please share this page if you have facebook
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh doll, those are just Tumblr justice warriors who get offended over every single thing they can be offended about. They're only out to get people for small petty things and it's absoluty ridiculous. Please don't feel awful about this, you have no need to. It was a cute idea and so many think the same. Don't pay attention to the others who feel the need to pick out every single issue that's "wrong" with it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    Unfortunately negative comments seem to be the norm on Maxis favoured uploads and quite frankly it's vile. I'll never understand how we've managed to get to a point in our society where everything and anything is classed as being offensive somehow and, if I'm fully honest with you here, I blame Tumblr. Don't get me wrong, I use the site a lot for Sims related content but it always seems to be where the latest deemed offensive thing comes from when in fact it really isn't that much of a big deal at all. I imagine it like a factory that creates the Cybermen from Doctor Who because there always seems to be a whole swarm of "social justice warriors" (I quote this because I really don't think half of these people who take things to the extreme actually know the definition of one) coming out of nowhere telling people that the funny meme they shared is sexist or their favourite celebrity who is in fact a genuinely lovely person and a good role-model must be racist because they have no friends of colour. I'm a huge supporter of the different campaigns that support people of colour and I'm all for "breaking gender roles" but quite frankly I'm tired of having to watch what I say in case someone jumps through my screen to lecture me about why I shouldn't like a certain artist or actor who is literally the least problematic person on Earth. I'm white myself but I notice that nine times out of ten it's always white self-proclaimed "SJWs" who love to lecture others about a culture that isn't theirs and they probably know nothing about it and I expect it's the same situation in the comments of your upload (I hope no one is offended by this statement, it's simply just an observation I've made as someone who spends a lot of time on sites like Twitter and Tumblr where these sort of people seem to breed from). I'll be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if I have a child in the future and someone dares to come over to me and scream in my face about how I'm a disgraceful parent for forcing a gender on them at a week old just because I perhaps choose to dress them in a cute blue one-piece or a pretty dress (I know nothing about kids so I assume you probably shouldn't even dress a week old baby in a dress :D).

Please don't let this get to you, especially considering the awful situation that you seem to be going through right now. As others have stated in this thread, I think we all aspire to have our creations acknowledged by Maxis so well done to you for being one of those people. Your family looks super pretty too. It's a shame I don't own Bowling Stuff otherwise I would have downloaded them because I'm sure my game would benefit from having a nice looking family. Best wishes to you and your family. <3
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    The world is full of trolls and sadly they have even invaded our world of Sim. Take any of that and throw it out the window, there is nothing wrong with your family, your colours or you. Apparently there were just a lot of sour grapes out there because they were jealous and being spiteful. Whilst any of us would have felt bad and maybe shed a tear or ten over the comments made it is time to come back stronger and if you make an all black, brown, grey, purple or yellow family that is fine with the better of us at Sims.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Dear Melanie, I hope your life turns around soon and you get some good news about your brother *hugs*.

Try not to be upset about the comments, that's just how some people are and they don't consider another person's feelings. You do so many great creations and are always so kind to share your collections etc with us.

Just remember that there are plenty of people who love what you do and ignore the rest. I still play with that awesome raft you built in ts3, I think it will be in my game forever <3