Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 votes...

Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
I've recently started a thread in the TS4 voting section...

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915557/ive-read-the-ads-about-the-vote-for-new-sp-for-ts4/p1?new=1

https://thesims.com/news/sims-4-community-stuff-pack-kickoff <- The devs calling for a vote (also the link in that yellow banner...)

I sincerely believe a large number of us, simmers, do want the dev to keep working on TS3, and I do believe *IF* they call for a vote, then we should be allowed to vote according to what we want, resulting in, I believe, TS3 getting more support than what they expect...
My Studio
My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
Academic Trait: Adventurous
Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
______
“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    The only thing I want in life from The Sims is a 64-bit version of The Sims 3 so I can finally stop getting Error Code 12. The rest of the Sims 3 modders and community can take it from there.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    I honestly want them to keep their hands off of Sims 3 from now on, sorry OP ;) But as for the Sims 4 SP voting, how about no more SP's but an EP for a change? Didn't see that option so I didn't vote. I don't care about SP's, didn't buy one single SP for the game and Sims 3 SP's I only bought because I wanted to have everything for Sims 3. Hail Ralph.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm sure they are work about TS5 but EA won't say that, otherwise it will be not good for the sales of TS4. So i'm sure TS5 will coming after. I'm serain. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I want them to start working on TS5 and for it to be even better than TS3 :smile:

Other than that I would also vote for a 64 bit version for TS3 :wink:

I am voting for you to be in charge :smile: I am starting to see more of LGR points. I really feel like there to many stuff packs not enough expansion packs.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I honestly want them to keep their hands off of Sims 3 from now on, sorry OP ;)

Well, you don't have to be sorry... The reason for a vote is people expressing themselves, and that includes expressing our disagreements ;)

My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    I want them to start working on TS5 and for it to be even better than TS3 :smile:

Other than that I would also vote for a 64 bit version for TS3 :wink:

I am voting for you to be in charge :smile: I am starting to see more of LGR points. I really feel like there to many stuff packs not enough expansion packs.

Well, we've been demanding that for 5+ years now! ;) In the TS3 section of the forum, many of us expressed being ready to pay $20 to $40 for it...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Well, you don't have to be sorry... The reason for a vote is people expressing themselves, and that includes expressing our disagreements ;)
    I didn't mean it that serious ;) But I am not very happy with the last time they touched the game (patch 1.69; I'm not installing it). And apart from Sims 3, I truely regret they seem to keep focusing on SP's.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

I didn't mean it that serious ;) But I am not very happy with the last time they touched the game (patch 1.69; I'm not installing it). And apart from Sims 3, I truely regret they seem to keep focusing on SP's.

I do agree that the more they touch the game the worse things get in the game. Like the Adventure land world that showed up. I don't get why they didn't clean that out of the base game before releasing it.
  • Options
    Like the Adventure land world that showed up. I don't get why they didn't clean that out of the base game before releasing it.

When you look around, you find out that not everyone cursed with patch 1.69.xxx (or subsequent micro-patches) have access to it, as if it would be region locked or something similar. It lead to various talks as what else in the game might be region based/region locked. Still, it's obviously an abandoned WIP remake that wasn't intended to be released, and should have somehow cleaned it afterward in a micropatch or something...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Like the Adventure land world that showed up. I don't get why they didn't clean that out of the base game before releasing it.

When you look around, you find out that not everyone cursed with patch 1.69.xxx (or subsequent micro-patches) have access to it, as if it would be region locked or something similar. It lead to various talks as what else in the game might be region based/region locked. Still, it's obviously an abandoned WIP remake that wasn't intended to be released, and should have somehow cleaned it afterward in a micropatch or something...

True. I have one computer that isn't cursed with 1.69xx patch. But that computer needs some tlc. It only shows up once you put in expansion packs and stuff packs.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    One more voice for the 64-bit version. Although I don't believe we'll ever see it.
    I don't believe a single second that anyone will be working on TS3 again. (Except maybe a remake in 2030 when the game will start being called retro... Maybe... One day...)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    That's not going to happen. It would cost them time and money. I never expect a game company to revisit a series once it's ended. A 64-bit version would be amazing if anything but this series is a closed book.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Nooooooo keep them away from TS3.

All they did was mess it during patches when it was in development, I don't want to have to go through all that again. TS3 is a full, rich game as it is already, despite being bandaided to death, and with the CC available for it, some of which is much higher quality than EA's, then it still feels like it has new content.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    That's not going to happen. It would cost them time and money. I never expect a game company to revisit a series once it's ended. A 64-bit version would be amazing if anything but this series is a closed book.

What about the "Final Fantasy" series?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited April 2017
    A 64 bit version of TS3 would be a dream, but at this point I just want them to keep their paws off the game. I can finally mod it up to my liking without having to worry about patches or updates. I'm on 1.67 and I'll stay there, and only there until it's physically not possible to anymore. When or if that happens, then I might hang up my sims 3 hat.

That April fools joke about the ts3 patch seriously had me groaning until I figured out it was a joke.
  • Options
    karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    Yeah I sort of agree with everyone here...though new content (clothing, objects etc) for the sims 3 would be great! (Or even more free items haha)
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member

It has become quite popular and lucrative for game developers to go back and remake/remaster popular and well-liked games. Such as Resident Evil/Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII (Hopeful for a remake of VIII but I doubt it), Perfect Dark, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Twisted Metal, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, etc.

=======

However, I am not sure what this topic is about since what the SimGuru's posted has nothing to do with TS3 only TS4.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »

It has become quite popular and lucrative for game developers to go back and remake/remaster popular and well-liked games. Such as Resident Evil/Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII (Hopeful for a remake of VIII but I doubt it), Perfect Dark, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Twisted Metal, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, etc.

Sid Meier's Colonization, Bio Shock I, Bio Shock II, System Shock, Doom, DN (whole franchise), Final Fantasy (half of the titles), and those are jsut the one I can come up with in a matter of seconds.
    However, I am not sure what this topic is about since what the SimGuru's posted has nothing to do with TS3 only TS4.

Well I'm sure that *if* as a result of a poll intended for TS4 they get a significant numbers of simmers who want some more TS3 stuff, they might reconsider their position...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I highly doubt it. TS3 is done and EA does not care or if they did they wouldn't have advertised TS4 as the successor to TS2 (Free Ultimate Collection). The truth the way I see it is even more so limited along with meaningless gameplay and/or content not evident in TS2. Realistically, there is no way they could include TS3 but they should have been honest and branded TS4 a reboot and dropped the number. I may be child-like but I enjoy more complex gameplay and features. Like a ferret needs to have their mind stimulated to prevent boredom and unhappiness like most if not all other living beings. I too need something to engage my intellect, creativity, and imagination.

Yes, so many more games that are remakes and/or remasters. How could I forget this one which I am very excited about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fbO2-egZ3U
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm so excited for Crash Bandicoot.

I also don't want them to touch the sims 3 or the sims 2. I dread to think what would become of it!
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I highly doubt it. TS3 is done and EA does not care or if they did they wouldn't have advertised TS4 as the successor to TS2 (Free Ultimate Collection). The truth the way I see it is even more so limited along with meaningless gameplay and/or content not evident in TS2. Realistically, there is no way they could include TS3 but they should have been honest and branded TS4 a reboot and dropped the number. I may be child-like but I enjoy more complex gameplay and features. Like a ferret needs to have their mind stimulated to prevent boredom and unhappiness like most if not all other living beings. I too need something to engage my intellect, creativity, and imagination.

Yes, so many more games that are remakes and/or remasters. How could I forget this one which I am very excited about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fbO2-egZ3U

I've already got my Crash pre-ordered for my PS4 and patiently waiting non-patiently. I can't wait!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,374 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    That April fools joke about the ts3 patch seriously had me groaning until I figured out it was a joke.

They DELETED that thread. It was just a joke! Oh well.

I agree with everyone that has said please don't touch our Sims 3. The 1.69 fiasco was proof of what could happen. I remember around the time I first started playing in 2014 there was a petition thread asking for new Sims 3 content. In my blissful ignorance I signed up. Now I understand the naysayers. The game just can't handle anymore. I have a stellar gaming puter and I manage to run almost everything but one more EP would probably snap it in two.
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    As for Sims 4, does it really need another SP? An EP on the other hand (pets or something...) would be nice...

And I really don´t want them to touch Sims 3 anymore. Because I started late, when I bought the game, it was patched to 1.67, and I was spared all the wonderful experiences of most bugs. So I innocently downloaded the 1.69 patch and my game crashed to desktop for the first time, after I transfered it from my laptop to my pc. It didn´t happen more than once, but it made me deeply wary of patches in general.
    The game runs fine with mods, but I sometimes seriously think, I can hear my computer groaning with all the content it has to handle, and there are still things at the store I´d like to have... :p
    For me, it´s fine like it is. Please do not touch.

My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    The only thing I want in life from The Sims is a 64-bit version of The Sims 3 so I can finally stop getting Error Code 12. The rest of the Sims 3 modders and community can take it from there.

Totally agree with you! :)

Several games have been updated with better graphics since their launch.

I recall back in 1989 a company called "Sierra" made games like "Police Quest" which featured CGA graphics. It was a very popular game (you played as a police officer and had to follow REAL police procedures​ - not that junk from movies​). In 1993 (I believe), Sierra went back and did a remake of PQ1 which had VGA graphics. This was AFTER the release of PQ2.

Other games that got remakes was "Space Quest 1" (also by Sierra) got graphics update from CGA to EGA (also from "text adventure" to "point and click adventure"), but I can't remember what year it was.

I know of other titles, but these are ones I've​ played. Y'all can help back me up on this and add some other titles of remade games, so EA can see that Sims3 IS a good game. It just needs a "facelift".
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!