Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boys vs Girls, my opinion, sorry if I offended

Comments

• Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Hi @mcrudd - I'm glad you're starting to feel better. It's lovely to read the support you've been given here on this thread. <3

Your family is adorable, and look! over 1000 other people agree with me cause they've downloaded them! :)B) I know it's almost impossible when you're feeling so down and going through a traumatic time, but when you're feeling a bit better, I hope you can feel good that so many people have loved your creation so much that they downloaded your family and are now happily playing with them. Your generosity has made others happy. You'll probably never know how much fun you've helped someone else have in their own game. You're a kind and thoughtful person, and if sharing your sims brings you some happiness, then start up your game, get creating and keep sharing! And keep doing it your way - you'll always find others who appreciate your sense of style and fun.

I've taught people from all walks of life over the past 30 years, and have observed and been involved with a lot of bullying and harrassment cases, and every time, the person behind the nastiness is always in a lot of pain themselves. Sometimes it's as "simple" as loneliness and any attention is better than none, but other times their pain is very deep and it's easier for them to cope with being angry then having to deal with their immense sadness. Know that it's not personal. These people leaving unkind comments do not know you. The old adage, "it's them, not you", holds a lot of merit.

Congrats on being fav'd! B)
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    A family where everyone shares the same race? Blasphemy! Who would ever do something like that?!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    You have a very lovely family, I will be adding them to the town that I'm playing. And I say this to the special kind of snowflakes who love to wine and complain about what ever.

tongueOut.jpg
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thanks all <3 Bedtime for me now. I appreciate all your support. Happy simming <3
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Dear OP, please don't let those people get to you! Your idea is absolutely great, boys vs girls is as old as human history, and there is nothing wrong with it. Please hold on to the fact Maxis selected you and to the amount of downloads and likes you got. Make that count and forget the rest.
    (and I'm so very very sorry about your brother, what hell you must be going through...)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @mcrudd I'm sorry people have reacted in this way but honestly, I wouldn't worry about it all too much. It's likely just envy because you got featured and not them. Your family is lovely. Don't let the negativity get to you!
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2017
    There are some who will take offense to anything even when they have to imagine it. There is absolutely nothing offensive about your created family, pay no mind to the bored social justice warriors and political correctness police. That family is absolutely fine and I am sorry they've succeeded in making you feel bad for sharing them. I am also saddened to see that your brother is still missing, I hope answers come soon.

Exactly this.
    People will find anything they can to be offended over these days, it's actually quite sad. I feel nothing but disgust and pity for SJW's who look for something take offense for , on "behalf of other people" , or people who have nothing better to do than trawl websites looking for the smallest thing they can find offense with, and leave a huffy remark about it.
    People seem to have forgotten how to take things at simply face value these days, where no insult or offense is intended.

I think your family looks great, but I'm sorry to read that your brother is still missing :disappointed:
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2017
    There is absolutly nothing to be offended about the family you made. You dont have to apologzie, mcrudd.
    Its the people who attack you for it who should apologize.
    I hope your brother is found soon and well.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    Some real families happen to have lighter skin tones, because genetics. Depicting one is harmless and reasonable. At least take a balanced look, and consider the large numbers of downloads and faves that you've received. Trying to reason with trolls is like cuddling with a crocodile: pointless and painful. The best response is to jettison toxic people, and to get on with enjoying your life. Don't allow yourself to be shamed when you've done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Congrats on the favourite!!!
    You shouldn't apologize. People should stop being so offended for such small and unimportant things. Being outraged by a family in the Sims gallery is beyond ridiculous and doesn't do the causes any good.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Your sim family is wonderful, and perfectly deserving of becoming a Maxis favorite. :)

I'm so sorry someone felt the need to trod on your happiness, especially during such a difficult time. I wish there was a way to keep toxic people off of the gallery (and social media) but, unfortunately, we all have to endure it now and then. :(

I wish you and your family the best, and may the future bring peace to you.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Ow this really sucks :'( I'm so sorry you're going through all this trouble and then people are giving you a hard time for literally nothing. Your family's cute & it deserves to be noticed. Nothing racist or sexist about it. The internet's just full of plum ...
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    I am so sorry to hear about your brother. It must be really hard and I can't imagine how you must be feeling. My best wishes that you find answers and strength to you and your family to make it through this.

As for the people commenting these things, saying that is simply pathetic. Everything is racist or sexist these days according to people who want to "promote equality" but actually these people themeselves are being exactly what they are accusing you of by not allowing you to create a sim family that represents your own culture. A family can consist of any singular colour - that doesn't mean they are racist for not having an other colour in it. Practically all my sims are white females because I am a white female - that is simply a way I "identify" with my sims.
    And you can dress your sims in any colour you want. Just because you used pink and blue does not mean you are sexist. How is any colour sexist, anyway? People are free to wear whatever they want. Worst of all is that these aren't even people: THEY ARE SIMS. Virtual little dolls that are supposed to be created any way their creators want them, because the game is about us being able to express ourselves creatively or simply pass the time and have fun. I pity these people for being so closed-minded. Social justice is NOT attacking people for anything they imagine is racist or sexist, it's making a positive difference in the real world by helping people who are suffering, like in India, Africa and even first world countries where people are being abused for being who they feel they are. People posting on their expensive laptops about someone that was "sexist" to them by crossing the road before them whilst sipping wine are abusing the cause of social justice whilst there are people out there who actually need help, but people turn a blind eye and go back to themselves. These people are actually just abusing you, in an effort to look rightous and seek attention for themselves.

Being a South African myself, racism is a word often thrown around here. People are so divided by blind hatred about the past that there is barely any hope for peace in the future. Some people have even called me racist for literally anything because of Apartheid, but I was born four years after the official end of it and have nothing to do with it. How could I if I didn't even exist during it? I find it ironic that the people making the most noise about these matters are my generation, young people who didn't live during that time and don't actually even fully understand what happend because all they know, is from history textbooks that are quite biassed and today's motto is "find offence in anything."
    Last year, there was a movement called "Afrikaans must Fall", where students believed it is unfair that Afrikaans people can study in their own language when they are forced to study in English or Afrikaans. Sure, that's unfair and they should also get the oppurtunity to study in their own language. That wasn't the riot though - instead of rioting that their own languages should be added, they rioted that Afrikaans must be removed. Right, taking something away from someone else, narrowing the options even more, benefits you and promotes equality? Suuuure.

It saddens me that the world is so angry with each other and I wish people would reflect upon themselves and think if comments like those are really accurate, applicable upon the scenario and nescassary, because the only thing those comments "accomplished," was making you feel guilty for something you did not do.

EDIT: After reading other people's comments, I realize that mine is quite the aggressive rant :lol: Yes, those people are also probably just bitter and jealous. I will not remove my comment though, because this needed to be said. Xx
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    Wow you have no reason to apologize! Honestly those who pointed out the family is white, and were wearing "gender specific" colors sound kind of sexist and racist. It looks like you just made an amazing family of Sims in my opinion and should most certainly continue sharing your creations.
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    @mcrudd I'm so sorry about you brother. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

I always enjoy your creations - past games and present. I've always appreciated the amount of care and thought you put in to making them. Perhaps I should say so more often. I saw your family and my only thought was: "Oh, how pretty."

Unkindness and hate take a toll from the heart. Take some time to recover. Do what brings you pleasure.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I am so sorry to hear about your brother. It must be really hard and I can't imagine how you must be feeling. My best wishes that you find answers and strength to you and your family to make it through this.

As for the people commenting these things, saying that is simply pathetic. Everything is racist or sexist these days according to people who want to "promote equality" but actually these people themeselves are being exactly what they are accusing you of by not allowing you to create a sim family that represents your own culture. A family can consist of any singular colour - that doesn't mean they are racist for not having an other colour in it. Practically all my sims are white females because I am a white female - that is simply a way I "identify" with my sims.
    And you can dress your sims in any colour you want. Just because you used pink and blue does not mean you are sexist. How is any colour sexist, anyway? People are free to wear whatever they want. Worst of all is that these aren't even people: THEY ARE SIMS. Virtual little dolls that are supposed to be created any way their creators want them, because the game is about us being able to express ourselves creatively or simply pass the time and have fun. I pity these people for being so closed-minded. Social justice is NOT attacking people for anything they imagine is racist or sexist, it's making a positive difference in the real world by helping people who are suffering, like in India, Africa and even first world countries where people are being abused for being who they feel they are. People posting on their expensive laptops about someone that was "sexist" to them by crossing the road before them whilst sipping wine are abusing the cause of social justice whilst there are people out there who actually need help, but people turn a blind eye and go back to themselves. These people are actually just abusing you, in an effort to look rightous and seek attention for themselves.

Being a South African myself, racism is a word often thrown around here. People are so divided by blind hatred about the past that there is barely any hope for peace in the future. Some people have even called me racist for literally anything because of Apartheid, but I was born four years after the official end of it and have nothing to do with it. How could I if I didn't even exist during it? I find it ironic that the people making the most noise about these matters are my generation, young people who didn't live during that time and don't actually even fully understand what happend because all they know, is from history textbooks that are quite biassed and today's motto is "find offence in anything."
    Last year, there was a movement called "Afrikaans must Fall", where students believed it is unfair that Afrikaans people can study in their own language when they are forced to study in English or Afrikaans. Sure, that's unfair and they should also get the oppurtunity to study in their own language. That wasn't the riot though - instead of rioting that their own languages should be added, they rioted that Afrikaans must be removed. Right, taking something away from someone else, narrowing the options even more, benefits you and promotes equality? Suuuure.

It saddens me that the world is so angry with each other and I wish people would reflect upon themselves and think if comments like those are really accurate, applicable upon the scenario and nescassary, because the only thing those comments "accomplished," was making you feel guilty for something you did not do.

EDIT: After reading other people's comments, I realize that mine is quite the aggressive rant :lol: Yes, those people are also probably just bitter and jealous. I will not remove my comment though, because this needed to be said. Xx
    Glad you didn't remove it, because I think it was an awesome 'rant' ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I wonder what would the troll say if you had dressed boys with pink and girls with blue "blue belongs to boys and pink goes to girls!?"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @mcrudd I am very sorry to read that your brother is missing. I wish you have better news of him in future.

Don't worry about the PC brigade. Plumb them. You can make anything you want and they can change the colours anyway if they want to.

Just look at the number of "favorites" and "downloads" you have and people who support you......and take notice only of the nice comments!
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited April 2017

Why can't I give both an insightful, awesome and like? Or 10 of all of them?
    Anyway: well said.

(What am I doing in this discussion? I'm just lurking but I had to say this)
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    ... I saw those two adult men and thought they were the same sim duplicated at first till I took a closer look LOL!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    There are many people out there who will look for any reason to bash another. In our current world many people hide behind the labels of political correctness and bringing equality for when they insult others because equality is viewed as a good thing so few people want to try and argue. Imo if we honestly want to get over a cultural divides we need to stop assigning a negative message to things like having a family that's race matches or that a certain color is being worn by certain people. If am a girl who likes to wear pink it doesn't mean I am repressed by gender roles nor if I'm a guy who wears blue. Who are we to judge one way or the other what a person wears or how they look (fashion wise or racewise)

I like what you did your family is cute and I like how the colors help to build theme. Also it makes sense that two fair blond parents had fair blond kids this is how the world works. If people want to bash genetics for being racist then they are in a losing battle.
    *Virtual hugs* feel better and chin up you are a great person who made a great contribution to the community.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited April 2017
    Congrats on being picked. Do not let petty jealousy take away your joy. I always told my students. What someone else says about you is none of your problem it is theirs. See, people get jealous over someone else's success because they are insecure about themselves. You made a family a nice family by the way, and you put it up for us to see. So far so good. People who whose family was not picked had a problem with that. It always boggles my mind when I hear racism when all it is is that you did not put another race in your family. That to me could be construed as reverse. Since there was only a white family up wouldn't that be that non whites were racist because they wanted another race represented? I just see it as a last resort to say when jealousy rears its ugly head. You have so much to offer do not let people with small minds take that away from you. Why does it matter what color a family is? Good art is good art. I have a problem with racism used to represent color, it really is so much more. I also have a problem with gender colors. What is the big deal? I wear blue and am female, should I not do that? I imagine I will be called racist for saying white. Well I have no friends of a different race, I just have friends, I am color blind and gender neutral.
    I will pray you get some closure on your brother.
    Post edited by jimmysnan on
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    first and foremost, sorry to hear about your brother. i pray your family situation is resolved soon and your family finds peace.

secondly, gratz on your creation being selected for a maxis favorite. please don't stop sharing your beautiful creations. non artistic simmers like myself love using sims, houses, etc that all you great artists create. :)