Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night Reviews

Comments

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Dude do you know what criticism is? He says that he would have expected bowling to be flesh out since it have his own pack, and name a few points that for him make him incomplete like no scoreboard, no second turn for the sims playing, that's not complaining, that's call criticism, he says how it could have be better in his opinion, people here really need to learn the difference between criticism and just complaining.
    I understand his criticisms, but I'm not sure he's being realistic about some of them. It's not like Vampires where Bowling is a GP or something. SPs are little packs with a little theme stuffed in them. They don't have the time and space to flesh things out all that well. As it is, they did manage to squeeze in a 1-5 skill for Bowling.

If what they put in there doesn't satisfy him, it doesn't satisfy him, end of.

But I think a better critique would try to analyze why it is that it doesn't satisfy him when other stuff packs, like the Backyard Stuff, seemed to hit with him more favorably, even though the amount of content for the Backyard one is pretty much the same, if not less (probably less). Saying he wishes Bowling was more fleshed out doesn't quite explain (and yes, I listened to the whole review, I know that's not all he said). I mean, Vampires was major fleshed out and the tone of his review for it struggled from the start because he isn't into having Vampires in his game.

That said, I realize that part of what's going on is he's not going into that much depth. Whether because he doesn't care enough, he doesn't have the time, or he wants to keep the reviews as short as possible. His reviews for TS4 packs are more or less opinionated summaries of the content, with some jokes mixed in to lighten the tone. A point I wish he'd addressed is, "Does this pack fulfill the expectation of providing the experience of your sims going out Bowling?" It seems his main criticisms are that 1) it's a simulation, not "gameplay," and 2) the bowling features themselves are missing options that he would have really liked to have. Which are perfectly fair criticisms, but I'm trying to understand the expectations, as I'm not having SPs come to mind for this game, in the past, that are any more "fleshed out" than what we're seeing here. Maybe the butler one? I don't know, I'm trying to understand, because it feels like his expectations are above and beyond what SPs have historically been able to add in this game.

And yes, I'm critiquing his critique. It's the internet, the land of meta discussions. What can I say.

Are you listening to yourself? xD They have a full $10 pack tailored to ONE object and they can't even flesh out? We paid $20 for many other stuff and NOT JUST ONE OBJECT and they were still more fleshed out.

Actually they have a full $10 pack tailored to around 40 objects, not counting CAS. People seem to forget that though. Even our beloved lord & savior LGR said he liked the furniture. :p

The gameplay object's' was ONLY bowling this pack so if they can't flesh something out when the featured object's' is only 1 thing then when are we gonna get something really outstanding? -_-
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

"I'm allowed to claim the sun is not hot."
    constructive criticism
    noun

criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions

LGR clearly stated some of his qualms with the Bowling pack, as have others. The way he expresses them either outright states what would be preferred or heavily implies it. A developer who watched his video could easily create a checklist of things he would've preferred to see and theoretically use that list to improve it appropriately. It is constructive criticism.
    I'm an artist and I've participated in critiques of my own work and others

Good for you. That does not give you license to edit the dictionary.

I hate to break it to you, but not all criticism is helpful. I'm sorry that you can't grasp that. You gave the definition of constructive criticism, not criticism, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. If I criticized you by calling you an idiot, would that be "constructive?" No. I don't find his criticism to be completely constructive or subjective, but biased, despite his occasional positive remark.
  • Options
    Dude do you know what criticism is? He says that he would have expected bowling to be flesh out since it have his own pack, and name a few points that for him make him incomplete like no scoreboard, no second turn for the sims playing, that's not complaining, that's call criticism, he says how it could have be better in his opinion, people here really need to learn the difference between criticism and just complaining.
    I understand his criticisms, but I'm not sure he's being realistic about some of them. It's not like Vampires where Bowling is a GP or something. SPs are little packs with a little theme stuffed in them. They don't have the time and space to flesh things out all that well. As it is, they did manage to squeeze in a 1-5 skill for Bowling.

But I think a better critique would try to analyze why it is that it doesn't satisfy him when other stuff packs, like the Backyard Stuff, seemed to hit with him more favorably, even though the amount of content for the Backyard one is pretty much the same, if not less (probably less). Saying he wishes Bowling was more fleshed out doesn't quite explain (and yes, I listened to the whole review, I know that's not all he said). I mean, Vampires was major fleshed out and the tone of his review for it struggled from the start because he isn't into having Vampires in his game.

That said, I realize that part of what's going on is he's not going into that much depth. Whether because he doesn't care enough, he doesn't have the time, or he wants to keep the reviews as short as possible. His reviews for TS4 packs are more or less opinionated summaries of the content, with some jokes mixed in to lighten the tone. A point I wish he'd addressed is, "Does this pack fulfill the expectation of providing the experience of your sims going out Bowling?" It seems his main criticisms are that 1) it's a simulation, not "gameplay," and 2) the bowling features themselves are missing options that he would have really liked to have. Which are perfectly fair criticisms, but I'm trying to understand the expectations, as I'm not having SPs come to mind for this game, in the past, that are any more "fleshed out" than what we're seeing here. Maybe the butler one? I don't know, I'm trying to understand, because it feels like his expectations are above and beyond what SPs have historically been able to add in this game.

And yes, I'm critiquing his critique. It's the internet, the land of meta discussions. What can I say.

Are you listening to yourself? xD They have a full $10 pack tailored to ONE object and they can't even flesh out? We paid $20 for many other stuff and NOT JUST ONE OBJECT and they were still more fleshed out.

But...It's not one object o-o

GAMEPLAY object, happy now?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    edited March 2017
    Aine wrote: »
    I agree with LGR on his point about having bowling without scoring is such a miss. I watched the simguru twitch idle stream for the bowling pack, and it was the most boring thing ever. The fact that you can't do much with it, just watch sims do a couple of animations and that it, is kind of depressing. The furniture looks cool, but I'm not sure I want to pay 10 bucks for some chairs.

What do you mean without scoring? How do other youtuber's know their bowler's scores then? In the gameplay section of Andrew's review he reads one of his sims score off from somewhere so it must be getting reported somehow. Also I know in the livestream they also showed the guru's knowing their bowlers score from somewhere as well.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @aricarai wrote: »
    @jackjack_k - genuinely curious - what Sims 3 world was $50?

To get the full Roaring Heights experience, it was $50.
    EA did break it up, by selling the venue to the world separately.

$20 for just the world. $35 ($5 off an EP) for the world, clothes and a gameplay object.
    $54 for the world, clothes, gameplay object and the new venue, built for the world.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    What I do not get is why such a hang up over LGR? Even if he said he out right hated Sims 4 (And to my knowledge he has not), what is the problem? He does not have the right to express his opinion to his fans? If some of his fans do not like his reviews, do they not have the option not to watch his reviews? And why is it such a big deal 'if' he is negative? He would not be the only person to think negative about Sims 4. I can politely name some other game forums that use Sims 4 as insult if the game developer does something in that other game that some of its player base does not like.

What is the hang up over LGR?
    It's an influence thing, I think. He has a lot of pull among a number of forumgoers here and anyone who is influential is naturally going to get a lot of scrutiny directed at them. Most of the other reviewers don't get their reviews so critiqued, most likely because most of them don't have the kind of vocal following on the forums that gives a lot of weight to what they say in their reviews.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I agree with LGR on his point about having bowling without scoring is such a miss. I watched the simguru twitch idle stream for the bowling pack, and it was the most boring thing ever. The fact that you can't do much with it, just watch sims do a couple of animations and that it, is kind of depressing. The furniture looks cool, but I'm not sure I want to pay 10 bucks for some chairs.

What do you mean without scoring? How do other youtuber's know their bowlers scores then? In the gameplay section of Andrew's review he reads one of his sims score off from somewhere so it must be getting reported somehow. Also I know in the livestream they also showed the guru's knowing their bowlers score from somewhere as well.

Yes, LGR showed you get a score of the sim at the end of the game, that's it. I don't really count that as scoring. LGR explains it perfectly. Some simmers might be completely content just watch their sims do some animations and then get a useless 'score' after the game is done. Personally, for me to really be immersed in the bowling aspect, some sort of actual depth have to be involved. I dunno, maybe I have too much imagination, so my mind imagines how good it could be, but it's just depressing to me how 'less' the feature feels. I can imagine watching scores come in real time while the sims are playing, and I can imagine sims playing against other teams. The bowling doesn't even have spares.
    I haven't decided if I will get the pack or not yet. Some aspects of it does seem pretty cool. But I understand the criticism of the pack that LGR made, and I agree with it. Maybe the fact that the feature was added in a SP was detrimental to the outcome. Either way, it's clear it could have been so much more. And that's sad.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

Actually they have a full $10 pack tailored to around 40 objects, not counting CAS. People seem to forget that though. Even our beloved lord & savior LGR said he liked the furniture. :p

The gameplay object's' was ONLY bowling this pack so if they can't flesh something out when the featured object's' is only 1 thing then when are we gonna get something really outstanding? -_-

There's also a bar, chairs, a couch, an automan, barstools, and the bowling ball racks (there's two of varying designs) that you can choose different ball types from as you level up the skill. Sims can make drinks at the bar, sit on the furniture, and lazy Sims can even nap on most of the furniture too!

Oh, and you can adjust the color and intensity of the lights, but that's more of a side-side-side thing. ;)

I don't get what the big hub-bub is about the bowling lane tbh. I'll bet a good 90% of people that buy it get the pack for the furniture or CAS, just like they do with every other pack for every Sims game in the series. I'll bet that just like with fooseball from GT, or basketball from CL, most people will only have their Sims bowl once in a great while. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is. It's only one of a million things for Sims to do on any given day.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    It's that time of the month again where we all criticize LGR's ability to review games because he didn't love a pack as much as we think he should and obviously we know better than him since we haven't played it.

Well when he says a $10 Bowling Stuff Pack isn't worth it, but a $50 store world in The Sims 3 is, after acknowledging it's expensive, I start to scratch my head wondering if LGR is actually reviewing the quality of something, or really it's "I like this, so buy this" and "I don't like this, don't buy it".
    $50 store world is more expensive than an EP that comes with a World, and yet contains 1 or 2 gameplay items.

....Do you people honestly not remember history...? Pretty sure he hated almost all Sims 3 stuff packs and worlds too. Only world I remember him praising is Roaring Heights and MAYBE Lucky Palms, but even those he criticized the price and said they weren't worth the cost.

Are people so drunk off their Sims 3 - Sims 4 war that they think anyone who criticizes Sims 4 must love Sims 3 and every single aspect of it?

LGR's animosity towards Stuff Packs is not new, it's been ongoing since Sims 3. For some reason though, it's evoked new animosity from the community when he continues this practice with Sims 4.

Yes, he hated Stuff Packs. He also hated nearly every Sims 3 EP when he came back to at the end.

Which is why I'm saying that he's bias now, because he acts like 3 was incredible, and yet before he played 4, he basically liked 4 packs out of 20 of 3.
    But then treats 3 as amazing.

So when we get The Sims 5, is LGR going to be negative towards 5, and compare to 4? Like....

It's clear to anyone, that he found his audience and now sticks to it. His early reviews of 4 were actually on the level of his Sims 3 packs, but now he goes back and trashes them all. Like he did going back to 3 (minus a select few).
  • Options

There's also a bar, chairs, a couch, an automan, barstools, and the bowling ball racks (there's two of varying designs) that you can choose different ball types from as you level up the skill. Sims can make drinks at the bar, sit on the furniture, and lazy Sims can even nap on most of the furniture too!

Oh, and you can adjust the color and intensity of the lights, but that's more of a side-side-side thing. ;)

I don't get what the big hub-bub is about the bowling lane tbh. I'll bet a good 90% of people that buy it get the pack for the furniture or CAS, just like they do with every other pack for every Sims game in the series. I'll bet that just like with fooseball from GT, or basketball from CL, most people will only have their Sims bowl once in a great while. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is. It's only one of a million things for Sims to do on any given day.

Why are you mentioning base-game stuff here? Did I miss something :sleepy::sleeping:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    It's that time of the month again where we all criticize LGR's ability to review games because he didn't love a pack as much as we think he should and obviously we know better than him since we haven't played it.

Well when he says a $10 Bowling Stuff Pack isn't worth it, but a $50 store world in The Sims 3 is, after acknowledging it's expensive, I start to scratch my head wondering if LGR is actually reviewing the quality of something, or really it's "I like this, so buy this" and "I don't like this, don't buy it".
    $50 store world is more expensive than an EP that comes with a World, and yet contains 1 or 2 gameplay items.

....Do you people honestly not remember history...? Pretty sure he hated almost all Sims 3 stuff packs and worlds too. Only world I remember him praising is Roaring Heights and MAYBE Lucky Palms, but even those he criticized the price and said they weren't worth the cost.

Are people so drunk off their Sims 3 - Sims 4 war that they think anyone who criticizes Sims 4 must love Sims 3 and every single aspect of it?

LGR's animosity towards Stuff Packs is not new, it's been ongoing since Sims 3. For some reason though, it's evoked new animosity from the community when he continues this practice with Sims 4.

Yes, he hated Stuff Packs. He also hated nearly every Sims 3 EP when he came back to at the end.

Which is why I'm saying that he's bias now, because he acts like 3 was incredible, and yet before he played 4, he basically liked 4 packs out of 20 of 3.
    But then treats 3 as amazing.

So when we get The Sims 5, is LGR going to be negative towards 5, and compare to 4? Like....

It's clear to anyone, that he found his audience and now sticks to it. His early reviews of 4 were actually on the level of his Sims 3 packs, but now he goes back and trashes them all. Like he did going back to 3 (minus a select few).

...You're saying he's bias because he's subjecting Sims 4 to the very same scrutiny he gave Sims 3?? I'm sorry wat

He's never overtly praised 3 in any review of Sims 4
    , and yes, he is allowed to be critical of Sims 3 but more critical of Sims 4. That's not some conspiracy to make Sims 4 look bad, it's probably his honest opinion. I have my definite qualms with Sims 3 too, but likewise have more qualms with 4.

And for the record, I don't recall him hating "nearly every Sims 3 EP." Showtime got criticism, Supernaturals got criticism (not his cup of tea) and I believe Into the Future got criticism. To say he hated them "at the end" is such a blatant misunderstanding of criticism. You're basically concluding that because his top 10 list focused more on critiques than on praise, he disliked them. No, he merely used critique as a means to compare them rather than praise. Some of us default to critique and consider it a better way of measuring packs against each other.

The fact that you're going to such lengths to spin this as though he has some agenda against 4 despite all evidence to the contrary speaks volumes of your own bias.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    What I do not get is why such a hang up over LGR? Even if he said he out right hated Sims 4 (And to my knowledge he has not), what is the problem? He does not have the right to express his opinion to his fans? If some of his fans do not like his reviews, do they not have the option not to watch his reviews? And why is it such a big deal 'if' he is negative? He would not be the only person to think negative about Sims 4. I can politely name some other game forums that use Sims 4 as insult if the game developer does something in that other game that some of its player base does not like.

What is the hang up over LGR?
    It's an influence thing, I think. He has a lot of pull among a number of forumgoers here and anyone who is influential is naturally going to get a lot of scrutiny directed at them. Most of the other reviewers don't get their reviews so critiqued, most likely because most of them don't have the kind of vocal following on the forums that gives a lot of weight to what they say in their reviews.

Still, it seems like many on this forum thinks he is the enemy. And that people are not smart enough to make their own minds up over purchasing a product. I just do not get that. He shows the new stuff. He gives his personal opinion and says he would of like it better if this was this and that was that. So, he doesn't feel it is worth the money (to him).

I did not want the bowling sp when I heard about. He just confirmed what I already guessed. I watched his review mostly for my husband (he works a lot ) because he asked about the bowling. Before I even watched LGR I told my husband I did not want the sp. So, husband does not want it either. But I had made my mind up way before the review and husband just before the review. We used the review to confirm what we already guessed.

I have bought things LGR did not give a raving review. I guess it is just sad to see people see him so negatively (because they love Sims 4). But then again I've never been one that could be influenced even as a kid. I actually like quite a few movies and games that had awful reviews. I know what I like and do not like. So, no review is going to rule me (and I do intense research on any product I buy with a few exceptions).
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

"I'm allowed to claim the sun is not hot."
    constructive criticism
    noun

criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions

LGR clearly stated some of his qualms with the Bowling pack, as have others. The way he expresses them either outright states what would be preferred or heavily implies it. A developer who watched his video could easily create a checklist of things he would've preferred to see and theoretically use that list to improve it appropriately. It is constructive criticism.
    I'm an artist and I've participated in critiques of my own work and others

Good for you. That does not give you license to edit the dictionary.

I hate to break it to you, but not all criticism is helpful. I'm sorry that you can't grasp that. You gave the definition of constructive criticism, not criticism, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. If I criticized you by calling you an plum, would that be "constructive?" No. I don't find his criticism to be completely constructive or subjective, but biased, despite his occasional positive remark.

I don't even know how to respond to you because while you've correctly described the difference between constructive criticism and simple criticism, you've done NOTHING to explain how his criticism is anything but constructive. If anything, you've only reinforced that his is constructive since he's not calling anyone names like in your example of bad criticism.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I didn't think I'd pick up bowling stuff, and now I really don't plan to.

Why make a 10 dollar pack surrounding around a VERY specific activity that isn't any more well designed than its predecessor versions, which were bundled in expansion packs?

It just makes no sense, and is a huge money grab attempt by EA.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, LGR showed you get a score of the sim at the end of the game, that's it. I don't really count that as scoring. LGR explains it perfectly. Some simmers might be completely content just watch their sims do some animations and then get a useless 'score' after the game is done. Personally, for me to really be immersed in the bowling aspect, some sort of actual depth have to be involved. I dunno, maybe I have too much imagination, so my mind imagines how good it could be, but it's just depressing to me how 'less' the feature feels. I can imagine watching scores come in real time while the sims are playing, and I can imagine sims playing against other teams. The bowling doesn't even have spares.
    I haven't decided if I will get the pack or not yet. Some aspects of it does seem pretty cool. But I understand the criticism of the pack that LGR made, and I agree with it. Maybe the fact that the feature was added in a SP was detrimental to the outcome. Either way, it's clear it could have been so much more. And that's sad.

A game would require far too long for four Sims to play correctly,
    Each bowler gets up to 21 shots per game in real ten pin bowling.

At the rate I saw them taking turns it would take roughly 40 minutes real time to play an entire game correctly
    Your Sim would most likely pass out before they finished.

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

its that time of month where if you dont fangirl over LGR review, the player is the one with the problem
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I didn't think I'd pick up bowling stuff, and now I really don't plan to.

Why make a 10 dollar pack surrounding around a VERY specific activity that isn't any more well designed than its predecessor versions, which were bundled in expansion packs?

It just makes no sense, and is a huge money grab attempt by EA.

I think the Stuff pack model itself is currently very poorly defined. I get the vibe Stuff packs sold just fine in Sims 3 despite a higher price tag and less game content, yet they've changed the model. Why?

It feels like they're attempting to cater the stuff packs to people like myself (and LGR) who want gameplay, in order to broaden the consumer base and attract more customers. I'm not so sure it's working, cause speaking personally, I just get annoyed when things like Butlers and bowling are put in packs that I have no intention of buying. It serves as a reminder that content I used to get while purchasing expansions will now never be accessible to me unless I pay an additional $10 fee. It also gets aggrivating to realize that Sims 4 could very well hit twenty stuff packs by the time it's done, but only ~6 expansions, so again it increases annoyance with them.

I personally feel that something the Sims team needs to learn is "do it right or don't do it at all." City Living felt half-baked, people were annoyed. GTW had half-baked careers and retail, people were annoyed. Bowling seems half-baked, people like yourself are annoyed. They need to just commit to ideas when they plan on doing them, and if they DON'T feel they can flesh them out sufficiently, don't bother. In this case, I think they probably should've acknowledged they won't be able to make bowling into this huge, interesting activity, and instead picked a more broad concept.

Just my two cents, anyways.

• Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Didn't people say we could have rival teams and score boards :|

That's pretty disappointing..
  • Options
    orkhid22 wrote: »

its that time of month where if you dont fangirl over LGR review, the player is the one with the problem

It is not "fangirling" to acknowledge the absurdity of people watching a review and then critiquing the critic rather than focusing on the review itself. I like LGR, but I'd hardly consider myself a huge fan. He does quick, concise reviews that are often more critical than most, but other than that...? Yeah. I watch his reviews and that's it; not really anxiously awaiting them nor interested in much of his other content.

As I said, it's more about how there's ONE youtuber that dares be critical and difficult-to-please with the Sims 4, thus a lot of people believe that equates him to a "bad" reviewer unworthy of our time, instead of acknowledging he's fully within his right to be that way.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @aricarai wrote: »
    @jackjack_k - genuinely curious - what Sims 3 world was $50?

To get the full Roaring Heights experience, it was $50.
    EA did break it up, by selling the venue to the world separately.

$20 for just the world. $35 ($5 off an EP) for the world, clothes and a gameplay object.
    $54 for the world, clothes, gameplay object and the new venue, built for the world.

Well that makes me a sucker! Haha! Thank you - I didn't know that.

I loved TS3 so much that I bought everything and threw my money at EA blindly without knowing or really caring about the cost. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5 wrote: »

Actually yes you can. I don't think there's any league functionality but I know you can have a bowling club and if you make other clubs there is a high likelihood one of them will show up during any given visit to the lanes.

Two of your yeam can take on two of theirs and a a score is generated at the end...just not a running talley.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Actually yes you can. I don't think there's any league functionality but I know you can have a bowling club and if you make other clubs there is a high likelihood one of them will show up during any given visit to the lanes.

Two of your yeam can take on two of theirs and a a score is generated at the end...just not a running talley.

I don't think you'd even have to wait for a random other club to show up, right? If you have two Sims in a household, can't one be the leader of one club, and another lead another club? And if so, can't they each get a club gathering going at the same time? (I've never tried this so I'm genuinely asking.)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Uzone27 wrote: »

I don't think you'd even have to wait for a random other club to show up, right? If you have two Sims in a household, can't one be the leader of one club, and another lead another club? And if so, can't they each get a club gathering going at the same time? (I've never tried this so I'm genuinely asking.)

Sure you could do it that way...(It might lessen the thrill of opening up a can of whoop deedoo on a random stranger) but you could certainly do it that way.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Still, it seems like many on this forum thinks he is the enemy. And that people are not smart enough to make their own minds up over purchasing a product. I just do not get that. He shows the new stuff. He gives his personal opinion and says he would of like it better if this was this and that was that. So, he doesn't feel it is worth the money (to him).

I did not want the bowling sp when I heard about. He just confirmed what I already guessed. I watched his review mostly for my husband (he works a lot ) because he asked about the bowling. Before I even watched LGR I told my husband I did not want the sp. So, husband does not want it either. But I had made my mind up way before the review and husband just before the review. We used the review to confirm what we already guessed.

I have bought things LGR did not give a raving review. I guess it is just sad to see people see him so negatively (because they love Sims 4). But then again I've never been one that could be influenced even as a kid. I actually like quite a few movies and games that had awful reviews. I know what I like and do not like. So, no review is going to rule me (and I do intense research on any product I buy with a few exceptions).
    Doesn't seem that way to me, but I guess perceptions differ. I don't get the sense that anyone thinks he's the enemy. I think some just aren't happy with the way he reviews sims 4 packs, for a variety of reasons.

Ultimately, I don't see much difference between people critiquing his reviews and people critiquing the game itself. In both cases, it's related to the game and it involves critiquing something. And in both cases, the criticisms, and approaches to criticizing, vary wildly.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top