Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Has anyone created any kind of 'guide book' on how to use this mod to its fullest? For instance, what settings to set to accomplish a certain goal? I'm so very lost on most of it. I took copious notes with NRaas, Ind. Master Controller. I'm not seeing anything of this nature, so far. And the first thread on MCCC help got so huge so fast I haven't even begun to read it through it. I only just learned about the 'dresser' portion, for instance. I had no clue I could change the outfits of the inactive Sims I came across. :open_mouth: I also just by accident learned only yesterday I could age the inactive Sims up. Wow. I'm such a Noob when it comes to this mod.
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Has anyone created any kind of 'guide book' on how to use this mod to its fullest? For instance, what settings to set to accomplish a certain goal? I'm so very lost on most of it. I took copious notes with NRaas, Ind. Master Controller. I'm not seeing anything of this nature, so far. And the first thread on MCCC help got so huge so fast I haven't even begun to read it through it. I only just learned about the 'dresser' portion, for instance. I had no clue I could change the outfits of the inactive Sims I came across. :open_mouth: I also just by accident learned only yesterday I could age the inactive Sims up. Wow. I'm such a Noob when it comes to this mod.

Haha. This is so needed. I keep meaning to write something but RL seems to get in the way. And, frankly, I don't know where to start. I have been using MC for a while but I hardly touch the surface with most of it. EG had a very good 'How I use MC' help document but it morphed into the more Technical help doc that now is very good for installation and 'not working' problems. The FAQ section on tumblr is a good place to go but intentionally a bit restricted. https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/faq

So, when you have finished writing your copious notes maybe you could publish them and a 'guide book' will be born.

Rolling these 2 into one...

We took a big hit to our "how to set things up" knowledgebase when Deaderpool deleted the mod and its 20,000+ comments from MTS. But, comments were going south fast toward the end, and it really was for the best to pull the plug on all that drama.

It DOES kind of leave us in the position of having to rebuild. I know what you mean, @GalacticGal ... it IS a big mod, a lot to figure out. And those "combo" settings, where it takes more than one to do something, still confuse me, too, sometimes. (BTW, Dresser isn't as hard now, with the UI, as it was when we did all that with command lines...) ;)

We could start off with just a question/answer thing. This is for anybody reading this post, not just GG.

If you want to know how to do something, ask. Anything at all.

We've got to start somewhere, it may as well be with something a player wants to do NOW. Right?

Here's fine, Discord's fine. I'll start putting things together as they come in.

If Deaderpool doesn't want to add it to his Tumblr (he might, there is a new FAQ page he's started on, there, too...), I can use mine for it. Drop it on him when we have something to show him, maybe. WIP. I'm brainstorming on the fly.

We'll figure things out as we go. New idea. (I ditched on Discord to come write this post!!) :) << Good feeling, considering my previous "atmosphere" issue. I'll take it! <3

I'm newly-unemployed, and my car needs another garage trip, so I've got some free time, here.

Short version: I was basically thrown under a bus at work by new mgr Tracy, and then ambushed by upper management, and taken off the schedule (resolving issue time) rather abruptly. Over something that didn't even really happen. They made me feel like garbage. 7 years of loyal service, gone in one morning. I had such a bad taste in my mouth I couldn't imagine walking back in there, and I'm certainly not going to try to work with HER, now. So, Wednesday, I told them I Quit. Finished. And I'm not even depressed about it. ;) I'm a good cashier, and I'm not at all worried about finding another job... when it's time. It'll come, but, not yet. I've earned a break. (We're not rolling in money, but, we're not hurting ATM either, I don't have to panic.)

There will be NO job hunting of any kind, until after hubby has raised and settled the issue of why we just paid his favorite garage $1200 and the car is STILL doing what we took it to them to have FIXED. (I am not their biggest fan. :| ) Mightily annoyed over that, I am. So, I'm on strike, till it's roadworthy again. I feel completely justified. I don't trust it to get out of my subdivision, much less to get me to an interview on time. Not happening. Avoidable stress, I'm avoiding. ;)

So yeah, a guide. I'm in. Let's do it!

Gimme questions.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Question: How does one go about adjusting the size of a Sims' arms or legs? Someone suggested there was a way to do that in the CAS portion of the mod, but after looking at it, I'm left scratching my head.

Another question: How does the pregnancy thing work? I tried, once, to click on a pregnant Sim (probably not the time to do that) and selected gender. Her pregnancy somehow went away. :open_mouth: I would like a step-by-step tutorial on this, please. (I never could get the caste system in MC.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Ooh! We need @Bonxie in on this. I just realized, a lot of her "photo tutorial" pages from the other thread would still help us. Cool. We're not as close to ground zero as I thought.

Give me a little bit, @GalacticGal ... good questions! I'm not exactly an appearance/CAS expert, but I'll be back with something for both of these questions later.
    <3

Anybody who DOES know MC_CAS... feel free to field that one. If you know pregnancy, go for it. We can collaborate. :)

It takes a village. Hello, village! ;)
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2017
    Question: How does one go about adjusting the size of a Sims' arms or legs? Someone suggested there was a way to do that in the CAS portion of the mod, but after looking at it, I'm left scratching my head.

Another question: How does the pregnancy thing work? I tried, once, to click on a pregnant Sim (probably not the time to do that) and selected gender. Her pregnancy somehow went away. :open_mouth: I would like a step-by-step tutorial on this, please. (I never could get the caste system in MC.)

To edit in CAS you first have to "Enable Full Edit in CAS":

Click a computer on the lot and select MC.
    Click MCCC Settings -> Notification/Console/Menu Settings -> Console Common Settings -> Enable Full Edit CAS

To do some editing:
    Click a sim and select MC.
    Click Modify Houshold in CAS or Sim Commands -> Modify in CAS. The latter if you have more than 8 sims in houshold.

In CAS hover over the sim and look for double ended arrows. Hold down and drag the mouse cursor left or right to increase/decrease.
    Note: you can't change the length of legs and arms just the width.

Second question I guess you clicked on a teen that was not pregnant at all. Sometimes they show already when they age up to teens.

• Options
    @Morphar

CAS, she's talking about Templates and ingame Sim > MC > CAS settings. Stuff like resetting bellies to 0.

That one's going to take me some thinking. (Kinda hoping @Bonxie drops by, TBH) ;)

Pregnancy... I'm intrigued by that "went away" thing, too. More details would be grand.

More to come on all of this. Stewing. I'll be back.
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    I just wanna throw a Brooklyn style shout out to Egwarhammer (for some reason I always wanna type eggwarmer lol) for all of your help, assistance and guidance on a mod that has helped so many and that has enhanced the game tremendously. I think a lot of Simmers take for granted all of the free things that are created for The Sims, from mods to CC to everything else. So yeah, extra bacon and cawfee for you EG.

*goes back to wine & vapes* :)
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @egwarhammer Thank you for creating this thread!! I love Discord, still not sure I've got it all figured out just yet but I love that the interaction is real time & I'm so appreciative of Deaderpool's, yours, & everyone's time/assistance in answering questions. Even reading through the posts at others questions is so helpful, as I'm seeing I'm learning some new things that I didn't know :).

I have a question about MC Occult. I'm trying to find the sweet spot on alien abductions. I had the frequency set to alien invasion and like 3-4 spaceships were showing up every night, with multiple Sims getting abducted. Fun to watch...but a bit too high. So I changed the setting to high, and in that save file, abductions were happening at least 1-2x per week, which I was happy with. I'm in a different save file/game now with a different family & have played 7 Sim days with zero abductions thus far. Do the abductions still follow EA's guidelines of increasing abductions by having a Sim in the scientist career, having satellite on lot, metals/crystals etc. in inventory? When I had the frequency set on alien invasion my Sim had none of the things I mentioned above (satellite, scientist career, etc). Spaceships just showed up. On the high setting in other save file, same thing, my Sim had nothing to increase abductions they just happened. In my current save file, I do have the settings enabled for NPC's to get abducted, & I've heard the music when in an open space, so I think it's happening to NPC's but not to my active household. So...to make a very long story short....do I need to set the frequency on high + do other things to increase the chance of alien abduction?

Any help you can provide would be great! I'm like pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong :).

Edited :p

What's your Discord nickname? I posted the middle block above to mccc_support there. I'll bring back whatever he says. ;)

From Deaderpool:
    Exactly true. The things mentioned do still increase the chances. They just increase it more than usual with "High" abduction rates. That's specifically what that setting does is increase the chance to get abducted more than normal does when those conditions exist.

If you aren't seeing any error messages in your MC log, or any LastException.txt files in /Sims4, try going back through the occult pages at tumblr, here:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcoccult

Is there a baby or another pregnancy in the house? (Just curious... that wouldn't stop abductions, but nobody should come back pregnant, if either is true.)

I'm wondering if maybe there's a rule the one house is breaking.

Browse that, and ask me something else. We'll try again. :)

@egwarhammer Thanks for the assistance! I checked the log and no error messages. I tested tonight & moved a scientist into my household, and he had metals/crystals in his inventory & he got abducted immediately. So it's working fine. I guess I just need to do the things to increase my chances & be a bit more patient :)
  • Options

@GalacticGal When you clicked on the Sim did you select the Pregnancy End option? That for sure will immediately clear the pregnancy if you selected OK in the next dialog box. I'm with @egwarhammer - & very intrigued that the pregnancy just disappeared. I'm racking my brain how that would happen. I'm only familiar with it going away when the player selects the option to clear the pregnancy.

In regards to how pregnancy works (if you're referring to viewing a Sim's pregnancy (i.e. trimester they're in, gender of baby(s), offspring count, etc), when you click on a Sim & select MC Command Center > select MC Pregnancy option. This will pull up all the Sim's information such as their name, age, etc. & will also show the information below:
    Partner:
    Pregnant With:
    Trimester

To change the gender of the baby OR the offspring count that's listed in 'Pregnant With': for example, let's say this was showing 1 male and 0 female & you wanted to change this to 0 male and 2 females, you would select the 'Offspring' option & input the numbers for male & female & click OK.

You can view or change this at any time during the Sims pregnancy. I use this all the time, because I may want a specific gender or may not want twins/triplets.

Hope this is helpful :). I wasn't sure if your question was in regards to the actual settings in MC Pregnancy Module where you're selecting your initial settings or what I described above when a Sim is actually pregnant & you click on them & want to make changes.

• Options

@GalacticGal When you clicked on the Sim did you select the Pregnancy End option? That for sure will immediately clear the pregnancy if you selected OK in the next dialog box. I'm with @egwarhammer - & very intrigued that the pregnancy just disappeared. I'm racking my brain how that would happen. I'm only familiar with it going away when the player selects the option to clear the pregnancy.

In regards to how pregnancy works (if you're referring to viewing a Sim's pregnancy (i.e. trimester they're in, gender of baby(s), offspring count, etc), when you click on a Sim & select MC Command Center > select MC Pregnancy option. This will pull up all the Sim's information such as their name, age, etc. & will also show the information below:
    Partner:
    Pregnant With:
    Trimester

To change the gender of the baby OR the offspring count that's listed in 'Pregnant With': for example, let's say this was showing 1 male and 0 female & you wanted to change this to 0 male and 2 females, you would select the 'Offspring' option & input the numbers for male & female & click OK.

You can view or change this at any time during the Sims pregnancy. I use this all the time, because I may want a specific gender or may not want twins/triplets.

Hope this is helpful :). I wasn't sure if your question was in regards to the actual settings in MC Pregnancy Module where you're selecting your initial settings or what I described above when a Sim is actually pregnant & you click on them & want to make changes.

Without getting political, I have to say I'm dead certain I did NOT hit the End pregnancy. I probably wasn't in the correct menu from what you show here, for which I thank you. I shall be copying this page and putting it in my word perfect file so I can compile my own 'guide' for this mod. I like to be able to flip through pages to find what I want until my brain has it memorized. ;)
    Morphar wrote: »

Click MCCC Settings -> Notification/Console/Menu Settings -> Console Common Settings -> Enable Full Edit CAS

To do some editing:
    Click Modify Houshold in CAS or Sim Commands -> Modify in CAS. The latter if you have more than 8 sims in houshold.

In CAS hover over the sim and look for double ended arrows. Hold down and drag the mouse cursor left or right to increase/decrease.

Second question I guess you clicked on a teen that was not pregnant at all. Sometimes they show already when they age up to teens.

No, she definitely wasn't a teen.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

Partner:
    Pregnant With:
    Trimester

Without getting political, I have to say I'm dead certain I did NOT hit the End pregnancy. I probably wasn't in the correct menu from what you show here, for which I thank you. I shall be copying this page and putting it in my word perfect file so I can compile my own 'guide' for this mod. I like to be able to flip through pages to find what I want until my brain has it memorized. ;)

To do some editing:

@GalacticGal Have you been on Deaderpool's Tumblr site? You mentioned creating your own guide, but under documentation it gives a great overview of each module & description of each setting, so the player knows what they're changing.
  • Options

Partner:
    Pregnant With:
    Trimester

To do some editing:

@GalacticGal Have you been on Deaderpool's Tumblr site? You mentioned creating your own guide, but under documentation it gives a great overview of each module & description of each setting, so the player knows what they're changing.

I've got his site bookmarked. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly. Thanks.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited March 2017
    A few questions:

On his tumblr I saw deaderpool has all of MCCC as one package (except the 'other' module, which is separate). Is it possible to just download one or two packages? I only play with Population.

I recently learned that you can change how long each life stage lasts with MCCC but I want to check how it works before fiddling with it. I'm playing with aging on long right now. Say my Teen Sim has 14 days left until she ages up. If I cut the Teen life stage length by 14 days, will she suddenly be at the end of the life stage, or will her remaining time be scaled appropriately to remain the same proportion of the whole it was before? And, can you edit toddler age length because that's the main one I want to change - I love toddlers but 28 days is waaaaaay too long.
  • Options
    Terra wrote: »
    A few questions:

On his tumblr I saw deaderpool has all of MCCC as one package (except the 'other' module, which is separate). Is it possible to just download one or two packages? I only play with Population.

I recently learned that you can change how long each life stage lasts with MCCC but I want to check how it works before fiddling with it. I'm playing with aging on long right now. Say my Teen Sim has 14 days left until she ages up. If I cut the Teen life stage length by 14 days, will she suddenly be at the end of the life stage, or will her remaining time be scaled appropriately to remain the same proportion of the whole it was before? And, can you edit toddler age length because that's the main one I want to change - I love toddlers but 28 days is waaaaaay too long.

It is not possible to DOWNLOAD just one or two parts. With so many different modules it was a huge time-eater maintaining all the separate uploads. Deaderpool has switched to only providing the AllModules file now (and the other extra one), because that saved him a LOT of prep time. Anything that makes what he's doing easier, I'm all for. :)

It is ABSOLUTELY possible for you to open the zip file, and ONLY copy out of it the base mc_cmd_center .package and .ts4script, and the ts4script files for whatever module(s) you want to use. MC pkg, script and population script will work fine.

About that aging on Long... let me run a new idea by you, courtesy of @Cyclelegs . Since now MCCC will let us edit age spans for each age group, try using Normal aging. That way what you set the numbers to in your config file will match what you see on your in game UI. Much MUCH easier than having to x4 for Long or /2 for Short. Less math=win. ;)

If you don't see the setting for Toddler Age Span, I'd suggest making sure your MCCC is up to date (3.3.0 came out March 14). It should definitely be a MC UI option under Age Span settings.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited March 2017
    Terra wrote: »
    A few questions:

It is not possible to DOWNLOAD just one or two parts. With so many different modules it was a huge time-eater maintaining all the separate uploads. Deaderpool has switched to only providing the AllModules file now (and the other extra one), because that saved him a LOT of prep time. Anything that makes what he's doing easier, I'm all for. :)

It is ABSOLUTELY possible for you to open the zip file, and ONLY copy out of it the base mc_cmd_center .package and .ts4script, and the ts4script files for whatever module(s) you want to use. MC pkg, script and population script will work fine.

About that aging on Long... let me run a new idea by you, courtesy of @Cyclelegs . Since now MCCC will let us edit age spans for each age group, try using Normal aging. That way what you set the numbers to in your config file will match what you see on your in game UI. Much MUCH easier than having to x4 for Long or /2 for Short. Less math=win. ;)

If you don't see the setting for Toddler Age Span, I'd suggest making sure your MCCC is up to date (3.3.0 came out March 14). It should definitely be a MC UI option under Age Span settings.

Oooh thanks I understand how the download thing works now. :)

About aging, do you mean that if I set the length of the life stage with MCCC while my setting is set to Long, it'll multiply the numbers I put in? Just trying to figure out if the MCCC figure is a 'baseline' that is then reduced or multiplied. If that's the case then yeah, I'll switch to normal with custom age lengths since less math is always a good thing. :smiley:

ETA: Oh, and I'm still wondering about whether changing the age span will mean that the Sim's age is shifted to remain proportionate. The game does that when you switch between Normal and Long - like if my Sim is halfway through her Teen stage on Long, if I switch to Normal, she's still only halfway through the bar instead of being at the end of the bar b/c on Long she lived so many days longer. Basically, I don't want to wreak havoc on the aging balance in my story by switching the age span - I want everyone to remain at the same level of progress in the aging bar even if I fiddle with the age spans, if that's possible. Hope that makes sense. :)
  • Options
    NatasjaNatasja Posts: 2 New Member
    So I've just installed MC Command centre but when I click on the computer in the game the option for it doesn't show up. Keep in mind that I do have script mods enabled and have installed the latest version of mc.
  • Options
    Natasja wrote: »
    So I've just installed MC Command centre but when I click on the computer in the game the option for it doesn't show up. Keep in mind that I do have script mods enabled and have installed the latest version of mc.

Couple of links for you to look at...

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/installation

I wanted you to ask here, because I have a new Troubleshooter Diagram made by one of our people at Discord, KlingonDragon. I wanted to show it off... (I think it'll help you.)

Original is posted here: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting

30hv769.jpg

If you're still stuck after you've looked over these 2 links, I'd suggest posting to the support channels at Discord.

https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

But if that isn't your thing, post back here. I'll check in again in a bit. :)

(Don't Panic, we'll get it.)

• Options
    IMASOOSIMASOOS Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone have a link to where I can get the MC Command Center mod? I went to MTS and it's no longer there.
  • Options
    IMASOOS wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to where I can get the MC Command Center mod? I went to MTS and it's no longer there.

Download/Documentation is here:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/post/158395789846/mc-command-center-release-330-is-out

Support Chat is here: https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

Local Help Thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

(You are Here ^^^ )

If you have trouble, look at the chart in the post right before yours. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Natasja wrote: »

Couple of links for you to look at...

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/installation

I wanted you to ask here, because I have a new Troubleshooter Diagram made by one of our people at Discord, KlingonDragon. I wanted to show it off... (I think it'll help you.)

Original is posted here: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting

30hv769.jpg

If you're still stuck after you've looked over these 2 links, I'd suggest posting to the support channels at Discord.

https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

But if that isn't your thing, post back here. I'll check in again in a bit. :)

(Don't Panic, we'll get it.)

this reminds me of those maps you see at the mall.
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Hi, :)

I'm looking to restore bloodline relationships between my sims in a new save. I have all my households moved to a new, separate save file, but I would like the family tree to remain intact. A little birdie told me I can use MCCC, which I fortunately already have downloaded. ;) I opened up my game to get started when I realized I didn't actually know how to do it, :# does it have something to do with setting sims as primary and secondary??
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    Hi, :)

I'm looking to restore bloodline relationships between my sims in a new save. I have all my households moved to a new, separate save file, but I would like the family tree to remain intact. A little birdie told me I can use MCCC, which I fortunately already have downloaded. ;) I opened up my game to get started when I realized I didn't actually know how to do it, :# does it have something to do with setting sims as primary and secondary??

Yes. (Good guess!) Easiest way to start this off is by using a console command, though. Going thru the UI to do it usually ends up with me trying to relate someone to themself. :p

rel_set bella goth mortimer goth

You'll jump past the "who" part into the "what relationship" part, doing it this way.

• Options
    ClairkPClairkP Posts: 136 Member
    Help, have gone to your new website, am trying to go to the page with the new updates, MC3.2.? or is it now MC3.3.? and all I get is a blank page with a padlock (locked) in the box at the top. How do I unencrypt it? How do I get the latest update? Don't want to play without MC but at the moment I will probably be forced to.
    Allergic to Trolls
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited March 2017
    Is this the site you visited get MCCC? if not, this is the tumblr page for the mod. https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/ It's not encrypted, it's just a reg tumblr page.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    ClairkP wrote: »
    Help, have gone to your new website, am trying to go to the page with the new updates, MC3.2.? or is it now MC3.3.? and all I get is a blank page with a padlock (locked) in the box at the top. How do I unencrypt it? How do I get the latest update? Don't want to play without MC but at the moment I will probably be forced to.

(I may edit. Sending to see what just posted.)

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

2rzdixd.jpg

• Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    ClairkP wrote: »

(I may edit. Sending to see what just posted.)

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

2rzdixd.jpg

It was only lil old me with an edit ;-)
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top