March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    SSDSSDSSD2 wrote: »
    What does the patreon version of the mod have that isn't in the regular version?

Bugs (lol).... Patreon supporters are basically beta testers for the newest version, they help DP to identify any mod bugs so he can release a stable version for free to the public. I think it's brilliant, 3.2.0 was completely stable, I never saw any bug complaints.

If that's the case why does it say the following:
    I will make stable pre-release deployments of the next versions of the modules available for supporters.

It says specifically that the pre-releases are stable.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited March 2017
    What does the patreon version of the mod have that isn't in the regular version?

Bugs (lol).... Patreon supporters are basically beta testers for the newest version, they help DP to identify any mod bugs so he can release a stable version for free to the public. I think it's brilliant, 3.2.0 was completely stable, I never saw any bug complaints.

I will make stable pre-release deployments of the next versions of the modules available for supporters.

If you're really keen to know this, perhaps you should ask the modder himself? But at the end of the day, does it really matter? You will still be able to get the mod for free - and that's what you want, right?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think it might be better to start a different thread for the patreon/pay issues, so as to leave this one for its intention which is support for people on how to use it.
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member

If you're really keen to know this, perhaps you should ask the modder himself? But at the end of the day, does it really matter? You will still be able to get the mod for free - and that's what you want, right?

Thanks @loubyloulou I tried to explain it as I explained it to my grand-daughter and her friends. They were also confused as to what DP meant and thought they were going to have to pay which would mean they can't use it anymore.....they finally get it now. lol
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I have a question, and please move it if I placed it in the wrong spot. But I wanted to start a new game for a challenge I'd like to try my hand at, and I was wondering, is it possible to have more than one MC settings. Like I copy my original one (or for the main game I'm playing) and place it on my desktop. Go into game, start a new game and update my new setting in MC. Once I'm done with that game, I save that setting to my desktop under a different name, and place the original setting back in my game folder to play my main game.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I have a question, and please move it if I placed it in the wrong spot. But I wanted to start a new game for a challenge I'd like to try my hand at, and I was wondering, is it possible to have more than one MC settings. Like I copy my original one (or for the main game I'm playing) and place it on my desktop. Go into game, start a new game and update my new setting in MC. Once I'm done with that game, I save that setting to my desktop under a different name, and place the original setting back in my game folder to play my main game.

Yes! There's also a profiler that allows you to have more than one profile and will load the settings into the game based on what you choose. I've never used it but maybe @egwarhammer knows where a tutorial is for it?
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited March 2017
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Is it okay to ask questions here still? I haven't gotten Discord yet. I will have to check into that when I am feeling better. I had Periodontal surgery so I am not feeling the best.

My question is: Is there anything in this mod that takes away the nicely decorated moodlet? I kind of looked through it and didn't see anything that would do that. But I just want to be sure before I download another mod. Thanks!!

No, this mod doesn't do anything like that. UI Cheats would. What other mod are you looking at? (curious)

It's fine to still ask questions here. If I/we don't know, I'll ferry them for you, till you get around to feeling better. And looking at Discord. (Web or app, if that helps.)

I suppose I should've expected this thread to catch more attention, when MC comments went away... :p

Feel better! <3 Just because. ;)

Nice to "see" you!

Thank you!! I feel a little better today but still very tired. Pain pills wipe me out. =)

I was looking at this mod: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5172728#post5172728

Scroll to the bottom. It was updated and used to be Shrimrod's mod. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579603&c=1&goto=newpost
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Hey @egwarhammer I have a question. Recently I've downloaded a mod that adds more club members (20) and I was wondering if MCC actually has that setting as well, because there are certainly many things that I did not even find yet on the mod menu!
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Hey @egwarhammer I have a question. Recently I've downloaded a mod that adds more club members (20) and I was wondering if MCC actually has that setting as well, because there are certainly many things that I did not even find yet on the mod menu!

No, because to add more people would mean making UI changes... not DP's thing. ;)

Let me know how it goes with that mod, I'm thinking it will work fine, though. :)
    edited March 2017
    Tumblr's a bit annoying really as a download/information sharing resource. It's designed for date-ordered blogging and hard to keep basic information and download links as the first thing the visitor sees. Having to tell people to scroll down a way when I give them the link to DP's tumblr.
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Tumblr's a bit annoying really as a download/information sharing resource. It's designed for date-ordered blogging and hard to keep basic information and download links as the first thing the visitor sees. Having to tell people to scroll down a way when I give them the link to DP's tumblr.

Flying this on my activity feed now too. Give them this one and tell them to look around from HERE. :)

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/post/157677987951/mc-command-center-release-320-is-out
  • lbelscheslbelsches Posts: 5 New Member
    Hmm... Okay so... I had updated the MCC (I didn't realize till after it was done that it was already updated to 3.0.2 but oh well... Weird though, because after I restarted my game, the mod isn't working at all. I have my game updated, I have made sure to allow script mods and custom content, but it's not working. It was working before I unnecessarily updated the mod though. Could another mod make it seem as if I never had MCC at all? I do have a UI extension mod too.

I'd attach a photo of my MCC folder in my mods folder, but the site is saying I "need to be around for a little while longer before you (I) can post links"... Even though I've been a member for over 4 years lol. Unless it means "a little while longer" as in for today.... Well, I've been on this page for at least an hour or two now, so.... I don't know what's up with that.
  • lbelscheslbelsches Posts: 5 New Member
    I hope there's no rule against double posting, but I don't see an "Edit post" option...

Anyhow, I fixed the problem!!! I have no idea how, but I did, lol! All I did was completely wipe MCC from my mods, and re-do it again. *shrug* It worked, so I'm not complainin'! :smiley:
    edited March 2017
    lbelsches wrote: »
    I don't see an "Edit post" option...

Assuming you are on a normal PC, hover the mouse around the top right corner of the main body of your post, and a settings icon should appear. Under that is edit.

I haven't made it over to Discord yet and I have NO idea if this is something DP has tried to do or if anybody has asked, so forgive me if this has already been discussed/in the works/decided can't be done. It would be really awesome if we could flag sims to never be put in random careers. Like I put a sim in a job and I want them to stay in that job (even if I never have a sim in that career) and not be pulled out of one career to become a bartender or a waiter or something equally as inane.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    In case anyone missed it, here is a link to the discord.

NOTE: You do NOT need any additional software. Just click the link and you are in.. basically. :)

https://discord.gg/TRHSM
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    I haven't made it over to Discord yet and I have NO idea if this is something DP has tried to do or if anybody has asked, so forgive me if this has already been discussed/in the works/decided can't be done. It would be really awesome if we could flag sims to never be put in random careers. Like I put a sim in a job and I want them to stay in that job (even if I never have a sim in that career) and not be pulled out of one career to become a bartender or a waiter or something equally as inane.

If you mark them PLAYED, and change this setting in Careers, they will keep their jobs. I may only be playing 3 households, but MOST of my mapped sims end up marked Played, once I have their careers set. (Vivian Lewis, level 10 Astronaut. Saw it happen. Not cool, and never again. LOL!)

Setting Description UI Menu Path Default Value

Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly When assigning careers to Sims, if this is true then any household marked “Played” will be bypassed by the Sims 4 career-assignment process. MCCC > MC Career > Fill Career Inactive Only false

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mccareer

BTW, *all* the modules now have Clickable Links like that one. Look around. :) The new Tumblr Docs pages are Wonderful! ;)

I'm setting up a new 'hood now, actually, first 2017 re-roll. I have Willow Creek fairly well done, for a first "still-growing town" breeze-through. That's where I started (always. WC=favorite). :p This will take a while. Still 8a First Sunday. 72 sims. LOL!

Help Thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
    Documentation/Downloads: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/post/157677987951/mc-command-center-release-320-is-out
    Chat Support (web or app): https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    lbelsches wrote: »
    I hope there's no rule against double posting, but I don't see an "Edit post" option...

Anyhow, I fixed the problem!!! I have no idea how, but I did, lol! All I did was completely wipe MCC from my mods, and re-do it again. *shrug* It worked, so I'm not complainin'! :smiley:

Hello @lbelsches :) Welcome to the forums! You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links , send a pm and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

Once you become a full member you will be able to edit your posts.

If you mark them PLAYED, and change this setting in Careers, they will keep their jobs. I may only be playing 3 households, but MOST of my mapped sims end up marked Played, once I have their careers set. (Vivian Lewis, level 10 Astronaut. Saw it happen. Not cool, and never again. LOL!)

Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly When assigning careers to Sims, if this is true then any household marked “Played” will be bypassed by the Sims 4 career-assignment process. MCCC > MC Career > Fill Career Inactive Only false

BTW, *all* the modules now have Clickable Links like that one. Look around. :) The new Tumblr Docs pages are Wonderful! ;)

I'm setting up a new 'hood now, actually, first 2017 re-roll. I have Willow Creek fairly well done, for a first "still-growing town" breeze-through. That's where I started (always. WC=favorite). :p This will take a while. Still 8a First Sunday. 72 sims. LOL!

Help Thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
    Documentation/Downloads: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/post/157677987951/mc-command-center-release-320-is-out

I don't like the played option, though, because I don't want them to be bypassed for other things like pregnancies and the like. Which I DO control heavily for my played households. I can flag individual sims to never get pregnant or never couple without having to play them. I was just hoping this is something that could be done because I have sims I want to put into careers (like Bob Pancakes should NEVER ever be the host at a restaurant but he just showed up as one instead of as a chef even though he has mad cooking skills) and I want them to not leave their careers and I want them to otherwise live their lives by having kids or not, or getting married or not, and all the other things the mod does without having to mark them as played and then kind of force them to have kids and whatnot (because, again, I like to control my played households pretty heavily and if they're marked played, then I'm rotating to them to play).

I really DO appreciate the suggestion, though! And it may be helpful for someone. I don't want to sound ungrateful, it's just not the option I need, sadly.
    moxiegraphix on Origin

I don't like the played option, though, because I don't want them to be bypassed for other things like pregnancies and the like. Which I DO control heavily for my played households. I can flag individual sims to never get pregnant or never couple without having to play them. I was just hoping this is something that could be done because I have sims I want to put into careers (like Bob Pancakes should NEVER ever be the host at a restaurant but he just showed up as one instead of as a chef even though he has mad cooking skills) and I want them to not leave their careers and I want them to otherwise live their lives by having kids or not, or getting married or not, and all the other things the mod does without having to mark them as played and then kind of force them to have kids and whatnot (because, again, I like to control my played households pretty heavily and if they're marked played, then I'm rotating to them to play).

I really DO appreciate the suggestion, though! And it may be helpful for someone. I don't want to sound ungrateful, it's just not the option I need, sadly.

My Played Sims are included in what I want them to be. Here's everything with "bypass" in it from my settings file. I'm afraid I can't help with "I don't want them marked played if I don't play them." I suggest moving THOSE to Newcrest and leaving them alone, if it bothers you so much to see a house with a green plumbob that isn't one of "yours."

I use NC for my UNPLAYED NPCs when MC houses them. Out of sight, less chance to open the house, and mess up their NPC job. You could try something like that with the Playeds you only have marked that way for your settings to better Do What You Want.

"CAS_BypassBlueBabies": true,
    "Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    "Club_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Marriage_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Marriage_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Population_BypassCulling": true,
    "Population_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,

Some things take workarounds and imagination. If you try any of this, let me know what you think.

If not, come to Discord and ask Deaderpool your questions. :)

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I have news!

MC Command Center 3.3.0 is out!

Download/Documentation is here:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/post/158395789846/mc-command-center-release-330-is-out

Support Chat is here: https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

Local Help Thread: (You are Here) :p
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Spread the joy, let's help people looking find MCCC. Thanks! :)

i posted it on the section my writer friends hang out in on discord.
  • Bichon2057Bichon2057 Posts: 21 Member
    hi egwarhammer, can you help me? How can I send a translation for current version?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top