Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stolen Baby

Help, social services has unfairly stolen my baby. I checked and saw there were no real solutions to this yet, but this is really frustrating and I'm concerned it's a glitch?

When I exited the game all needs were green and everything was fine. I briefly went to edit another household, but didn't play. I loaded up my game again and when I went back to my family I was instantly greeted with a 'your baby has been taken away due to neglect' and my baby was gone.

I hadn't even played since? There were no warnings? It was just as soon as it opened I got the popup.

When I load a game shouldn't it be where I left off?

This has now happened two separate times. The first time it happened I was able to quit and recover, but now it just happened again.

It seems every time I switch households (even just for a quick edit) that when I go back to my family a baby gets snatched away.

Is there a way to get it back? I tried to have another family adopt so I could split/merge, but the baby isn't showing up for adoption and seems to be lost. Since it happened instantly even quitting won't bring it back. I'm really upset and don't want to play if I keep losing my babies when their needs were fine.
Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
ltx83WK.png

Comments

• Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    Edit, to clarify, I tried quitting and reloading again. Last save I paused, everything green and good. Now when loading it instantly takes away baby for neglect. Nothing should have changed. This has happened 3 times. Previously related to switching households, but no household switch this time. I don't know how this keeps happening.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I read this is a glitch, baby is in green and the bars don't move, so you the player don't know there in the red. I hope it gets sorted soon. and there isn't a way to get your baby back but @rosemow knows a way to start your game before this happened I think, a way to roll back your game.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm sorry you have had this. I've had it happen once. It's so frustrating. I think it is a glitch.
  • Options
    Yeah, it has to be a glitch.

I would definitely roll back if possible. It sucks to lose the other progress I made but worth it to get the baby back! That would be great. I have no clue how to do it but I'll try anything.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,581 Member
    Wow, what is going on? First I lose my game saves, and now another simmer, without warning loses their Sims' baby? Makes me afraid to even play. Sheesh. I invest so much, emotionally, into my games, too. I'm not sure I can take this.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    How do you see a babies needs? The only visual bar I recall is a relationship bar for the selected sim with the baby and doesn't indicate needs. I don't play much with babies though.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    There is no bars for needs but they were green, so I assumed fine, and my sim had just fed, changed, and cuddled the baby prior to my save/quit.

Thanks @rosemow . I did revert a version and the other sims in the household moved - like my adults were now in different rooms than the save, but instantly as soon as game loaded it happened again. Even though it was before my save.

I'm going to keep testing previous versions, but it doesn't bode well that other sims are being reverted to where they were but the second the game launches it happens. I don't know why it's still happening to take baby away on a previous version when it puts the other sims elsewhere where they were.

I'm really sad because she was just about to age up and I've put a lot of emotions and effort into this game :/
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that this is happening in your game :(
    Try loading the save game, but go to manage households straightaway before loading the household. Move your sims family to another home through manage households. Then test to see if that helps.

It would be good to also post feedback on the issue on this AHQ EA thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Threads-to-take-baby-away-baby-doesn-t-cry-when-hungry/m-p/4529566#M12688
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I actually on a later version save was able to get it to load withoit baby instantly taken away. I fed her immediately, and it won't let me now feed her a second time so I am assuming she is full. Hopefully when I reach the point I was previously it won't happen/ hopefully when I load next time it doesn't happen for a third time.

Fingers crossed! Thanks for the suggestion.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    There is no bars for needs but they were green, so I assumed fine, and my sim had just fed, changed, and cuddled the baby prior to my save/quit.

Thanks @rosemow . I did revert a version and the other sims in the household moved - like my adults were now in different rooms than the save, but instantly as soon as game loaded it happened again. Even though it was before my save.

I'm going to keep testing previous versions, but it doesn't bode well that other sims are being reverted to where they were but the second the game launches it happens. I don't know why it's still happening to take baby away on a previous version when it puts the other sims elsewhere where they were.

I'm really sad because she was just about to age up and I've put a lot of emotions and effort into this game :/

Sadly that's just a relationship bar (it'll change for every sim in the household). It can be anywhere and the baby can still be taken away if he or she hasn't been fed recently enough. Loading in at time warp when everyone is sleeping can be hard on babies. I normally only save when at least one sim is awake (well now I use MCCC to force loading in a paused state).

I think @rosemow's advice should work if you roll back your save.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Thanks for the input. I actually on a later version save was able to get it to load withoit baby instantly taken away. I fed her immediately, and it won't let me now feed her a second time so I am assuming she is full. Hopefully when I reach the point I was previously it won't happen/ hopefully when I load next time it doesn't happen for a third time.

Fingers crossed! Thanks for the suggestion.

You're welcome :) I hope that it doesn't occur again.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    If you don't mind mods, MC Commander you can set your babies to never needing anything. My sims give birth, feed them once, then all they have to do is wait to age them up. There's several flavors that extend the time, but I just turned it all the way down.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I had this issue before. Surprised it hasn't been fixed after all this time. Although I shouldn't be...What I did was briefly play another household until the game aged them up.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Wow, what is going on? First I lose my game saves, and now another simmer, without warning loses their Sims' baby? Makes me afraid to even play. Sheesh. I invest so much, emotionally, into my games, too. I'm not sure I can take this.

When you have a baby, don't leave that house to play in another house until the baby has grown. It has been so all the time in Sims 4. You can pause the game and save and then come back later but never leave the baby house to play in another.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Try this, go to another family and assume control of them. Then go to the baby glitches house and if the baby is there; age them up.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Arr that has happened to me which is a glitch. So when you get that message back out to menu start save again and take all the sims you can to a random community lot, it will force the baby into daycare which will reset all the babies motives to green. Also when a lot has a baby, never visit a lot with a baby, because the glitch counts that as time progressed. Also the kids are at fault to because I had a glitch where the baby would come home when the inappriate kids would come home that couldn't care for them properly. Non of the kids where teenagers and the baby was coming home from daycare when the kids got home from school and time was progressing and a message would pop up saying baby has returned from day care, but no one to care for the kid, eventually someone eligible to care for the kid would actually show up again and say baby has returned from daycare the second time, but because the baby came back with the kids it counts as time against them as far as needs. I hope they fixed that. However, the best way to fix it is to hire a Nanny, the babysitters are worthless in this game.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    paige_emilyypaige_emilyy Posts: 104 Member
    I haven't yet had a baby taken away but i've gotten the message that they will be taken away, even though they are green. I hope they fix this.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    When it happens as soon as I enter the lot, even if the baby was green and fine when I left, I quickly do my usual save-the-baby routine:

I of course exit without saving, load the game again (which would put me right back before entering the household, as I always save before changing households), then go to manage household and move out the baby with one adult (usually the mother). Then I load the lot, and have one of the remaining household members catch the mother before she leaves the lot and invite her to move back in. Merge the households again, and use a cheat to reduce the money by the 22k extra that the fix leaves me with. The baby is saved, everyone is happy, and I pretend it never happened.
  • Options
    WerewolfBanditWerewolfBandit Posts: 32 Member
    Is it bad that I thought your first sentence was hilarious? Anyways, I have had this happen to me numerous times. I just go back to a previous save no matter how far back it was, I'M NOT LOSING MY BABY!!
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    you're right they don't have need bars, But they should. I forgot they don't.

I never leave a house with a baby until the baby has grown into a toddler. then I only leave for club gatherings as long as one parent is home, but I try and have clubs at my sims house.
    I hope you find a way to get your baby back. the only other option is starting again and as soon as they have a baby age it up.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member

When you have a baby, don't leave that house to play in another house until the baby has grown. It has been so all the time in Sims 4. You can pause the game and save and then come back later but never leave the baby house to play in another.

I have been leaving houses with babies since day 1, as I rotate daily. The bug is rare, but it can hit you, even if you didn't leave the family, but just paused, saved, exited and returned the next day to play. As long as you save before changing household, it is just as easy to fix, as it is to fix one that got lost because you dared to quit the game for the day while having a baby in the household.

The only time it has caused me to lose any play time, was once when I took a family on a vacation and left the baby with the nanny (I often do that, but only once did I run into the bug). As soon as the vacation ended, and the home lot loaded, the baby was whisked away due to neglect. Bad, bad nanny! I have been saving the game before returning home from vacations ever since, but it has never happened again.
  • Options
    Lol! No, I was trying to be funny in the first sentence @WerewolfBandit so I'm glad you got it c:

It's reassuring to see others have received this glitch as well, but also frustrating! It's something that needs to be looked at for sure - it seems to be rare but it hits hard for those of us who get it.

I'm definitely being paranoid with traveling/saves now and making sure I feed all the time. The babies won't even let me feed them most of the time and I keep losing relationship points, but it's worth it to be safe since they show as green lol.

Thanks @TriX0099 and everyone else who commented with suggestions, I really appreciate the tips to try to keep my baby in the house!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I was recently playing a game where I had a Sim with kids visit another Sim's house, and when he returned, the oldest two babies' needs had stopped showing properly, so it was kind of tense while keeping an eye on them because they weren't crying or anything. Fortunately they weren't taken away, but it is an annoying bug.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I recently had this happened to me. I freaked out when they took her she was fed changed and happy green but poof she was gone.. I immediately exited with out saving( yes undoing a bit of work) and as soon as I started the save up I aged up my little angel. I do not rotate families inside a save. I have a new save for each of my families. So it wasn't even do to rotational play.