Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Hours Have You Played the Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    390ish... probably way less than I spend on MacDonalds/Tim Hortons in a year which is even sadder to think about :D
    I
    :o I just did the math and I spend about $40 there on a yearly basis. Nothing wrong with realizing what we spend our money on every now and then and how much it actually costs us... (also interesting in the 'I can't afford a proper computer' discussions)

Haha yea, it's interesting when you calculate out everything you've blew money on and it gives perspective. 40 bucks for fast food a year is impressive! Teach me your ways LOL
  • Options
    IY20052IY20052 Posts: 324 Member
    So altogether I've probably spent over $1,000 on just the Sims Games over 17 years. Not bad actually considering I probably put in 2,000 hours into Sims 1 & 3 and more than 3,000 for Sims 2 & 4 (judging by the 3,984 hours origin says I've spent on 4) That's less than $1 an hour, even if I included cost of computers its still relatively cheap.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2017
    I paid a total of $ 361.00 US dollars, including sales tax. I've played it for 18 months. That's 20.00 a month. When you figure that a portion of that price goes into future development and pays for free content that we get via updates; it's a bargain.
    Post edited by mebagl15 on
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    no idea how much i've spent. i have all the expansion packs except vampires and a couple of stuff packs. most of it i wait until it's on sale. not only is it cheaper, but most of the bugs are worked out by that time as well.

i also look at it as fairly inexpensive in the long run, since the number of hours that i play the game is way cheaper than it would cost me for other forms of entertainment. definitely get my money's worth out of playing the sims. :)
  • Options
    CourtLuvesSimsCourtLuvesSims Posts: 54 Member
    Lets see, $40 for the base game, $40 for city living, $20 for spa day (what a waste)... so a hundred bucks.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    Lets see, $40 for the base game, $40 for city living, $20 for spa day (what a waste)... so a hundred bucks.

i was actually thinking about getting spa day. seems i'd seen a lot of people saying they liked it.

what don't you like about spa day?
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited March 2017
    Well, I bought the base game when it came out, so it was like $60-ish (?) then.
    Then I got Dine Out ($20), Spa Day ($20), and Outdoor Retreat ($20).
    I also bought Get Together ($40) and Get To Work ($40).
    Finally I bought Luxury Party Stuff ($10).
    I'm pretty sure these are the prices when all of these first came out. I don't remember if I got anything discounted.
    So, I've spent around $210. :|
    It could be worse, though. I've been tempted to just throw my money at every release they have. ^^;
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    I have all the content exp and stuff packs, don't know the monetary value exactly, bought some stuff on that 30% off sale last year and picked up 2 bundle packs in the bargain bin at my local gaming store. Paid full price for the exp packs cause I got them at release, same for the game packs.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    About $325 CAD. Would have been more, but I won GT in a contest.

That works out to about $12 a month since game release. I'd say that's pretty good entertainment value considering how much I play.

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have everything but Vampires. Don't see myself buying it either honestly. When Get Together came out, I discovered CDKEYS and all my pack purchases since then have been half the price so that's been awesome!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    The last time I added it up is was over 300$
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Xii3oYS.png

Its a special amount of hours for me. I thought it was so cool when I saw the number hahahahaha
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I'm around 380 hours now. I bought it in Sept 2016 because I loved TS3. It took me a while to get into it but now its all Im playing at the moment!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    508 hours, but half of those hours are my son's gameplay, as he's enjoyed the game long before I did. I didn't start until vampires (and toddlers), so I've managed about 250 hours in a matter of weeks! :o
  • Options
    emokitten2768emokitten2768 Posts: 29 Member
    i have played for 2077 hours : added to library September 2, 2014.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    1061 hours since release
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    paige_emilyypaige_emilyy Posts: 104 Member
    For some reason it say 321 hours and the last time I played was Sep. 11 2016 but that isn't true. I just played yesterday. It has been stuck there since that day. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    For some reason it say 321 hours and the last time I played was Sep. 11 2016 but that isn't true. I just played yesterday. It has been stuck there since that day. Anyone else have this problem?
    You may be playing in offline mode where it doesn't record you playing.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    700 hours exactly! + 41 hours using the demo lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    For some reason my origin isn't updating the amount of time I've played so I'm stuck at 117 hours as of May 9, 2016. I'm always surprised by the amount of time people say they've played their favorite games. I've probably spent less than 1500 hours on all of my favorites combined. People who spend 1000 hours plus on their favorite game impress me.
  • Options
    mypugrocks3mypugrocks3 Posts: 184 Member
    2,756....and its on a mac :D
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Origin says 160 hours, but I know it hasn't counted all the hours. :D
    I think most of the hours have been played after the toddlers were added... I didn't know they meant so much to my family play.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    ScinnamonRollScinnamonRoll Posts: 1 New Member
    2473 hours & I got it in September of last year.