The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you much, dear @rosemow for your detailed comments and for hosting this fun challenge:)
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A bedroom for a new uni student
    Gallery name of room: His Dorm
    Origin id: Dangerous12Angel

Pictures of the room:
    [img][/img]33255613901_db1109ca19_b.jpg03-11-17_4-38-50 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33383352015_f54cc407c2_b.jpg03-11-17_4-39-51 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33255613131_80f5955625_b.jpg03-11-17_4-39-27 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33255611591_520c225a79_b.jpg03-11-17_4-40-02 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33255610501_cb0bb91edb_b.jpg03-11-17_4-40-15 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33255615451_cf3eda2a80_b.jpg03-11-17_4-32-47 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]32540619094_1647a9329b_b.jpg03-11-17_4-28-23 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33255617161_f28581262e_b.jpg03-11-17_4-29-19 PM by , on Flickr
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    The furnishing and design of His Dorm looks very nice! @ARADEMIS212 :) Very nice blue colour scheme of the room! The study desk nook looks very great! The books, mysims, tissues, penants , notice board and CDs on the shelves, desk and wall give a great look to the nook! Michael will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer to be in touch with Tracey and enjoying listening to music from the music player. The bookcases look great the way they are placed on the edges of the study desk to create the nook and it looks nice that one of them is at the bedhead of the bed. The posters and pictures on the walls through the room add a very nice look to the room. The dirty clothing on the floor suits a dorm! Nice armchair and pattterned stool area for Michael to enjoy sitting resting there reading a book. The blue curtains look nice . He will enjoy playing the violin when wanting to take a break from studying. The clothes closet looks great in the room. The books look great on the floor areas in the room, where Michael has left them. The cactus plant is a nice touch in the room, not needing to be watered. The dj booth nook in the room looks very great! Michael will enjoy inviting his university friends to come and listen or dance to the dj booth music! The wall posters there and the headphones banner suit the nook area very well! The signed sports shirts look great on the wall . It is very nice photos that you have posted of Michael and his university friends enjoying being in the dorm room.
    The furnishing of the room looks very nice! It is a great dorm room! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for the lovely comment and thank you for continuing the weekly challenges!
  • Options
    TinjaNurtleTinjaNurtle Posts: 167 Member
    Entry Form
    Gallery name of room: Musicians Dorm (matching bathroom is under "trendy bathroom")
    Origin id: pizza_the_hut82

I chose to make one for Michael and a room mate.

33tr0uo.png

judbo8.png

1syw5v.png
    Origin ID: pizza_the_hut82
    Steam ID:GreenEggsandPam
  • Options
    Musician's Dorn is a very nice bedroom for Michael! @TinjaNurtle :) The music theme of the room is very great! The grey/white brick wall texture suits well a dorn room. The orange colours of the room furnishings looks very nice. It is great that there is a dj booth in the room! Michael and his room mate will enjoy either listening to the dj booth music, dancing to the music, or enjoy playing music on the booth! He will enjoy also taking a break from his studies and playing the keyboard. The guitar themed beds suit the room theme well! The posters on the walls give a great look to the room! The clothes closets look great in the room. It is great that there are separate closets for him and his roommate. The study desk nooks are nice. The photo and books on the desk tops are nice home touches. Michael will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer to keep in contact with Tracey. It is nice that there are two TVs in the room so that the sims can watch different programs. The patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room. The street art on the wall looks great! It is helpful that there is a fire spray on the wall, in case a fire breaks out in the room!
    The design and furnishing of the room looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    @TinjaNurtle love your room. The colors and decorations are perfect. Great nick/origin ID too. Who's your favorite NT? =)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, so many awesome student dorm room designs, love it! B)

You're very welcome @Jazztizz , and thank you for following me on the Gallery! :) I'm following you as well, though I haven't had much time to be on there lately, hope to catch up with your latest creations there soon! And I see I can already find one here. ;) Love the bedroom you've built for Tracey, great idea to make her the opposite of Michael! The colours are so vibrant in this room, creating a wonderful atmosphere, and just perfect for any artistic sim. And fantastic that you included artwork picturing Tracey and her boyfriend in the room, gives it such a beautiful touch of personality. Awesome room!

Glad you are back with us @WrathofCath ! Ouch, that snowstorm forecast doesn't sound very good! On the other hand, that does mean plenty of simming time nice and cozy inside, while the storm goes on outside. ;)

Fantastic room design @AIRIS6962 ! Red/black is probably my favourite colour combination ever, and you've used it so beautifully here. And amazing how you were able to put so much in such a small room, outstanding! Love that there's a fully functioning kitchen in there, and a computer desk, and a tv, and a dining table! B) I'm so sorry to hear about your stressful life and the pain in your back. Hope things will be looking up for your soon! *hugs*

@Ainsleyf : beautiful room design, love all the vibrant colours! And I didn't know you could place those clothing units above beds, that is such a smart space saver! You also did an outstanding job on cluttering up the room, it gives it a wonderfully lived in feel, awesome job!

Very cute design @misscbong ! I love that desk-under-bed unit, that looks fantastic! All the pops of colour give this room such a fun and vibrant feel and I love your attention to detail (like the shelf/ledge under the window to add more clutter). Great dorm room!

Awesome room @The_Dismal_Scientist ! The colours you picked really give it that college dorm room feel, and I love all the detail and thought you put in the design and details of your room (haha, love that you hid some *ahem* 'nectar' in there, the stain and torn wallpaper cause this room has been around a while, and a sink (remember that from my own dorm room! :) ), and lolz at your Mr Cuddles stories, wonderful!

Oooooh, love that you designed a shared dorm room for four @WILDFLOWER1971 ! Hehe, and perfect idea to show us the standard room before the girls moved in, and then how they personalised it to their own style afterwards, fantastic storytelling! Love how the room turned out! It's got that bohemian vibe going, making it a wonderful contrast to the how the room was before it was decorated. LOVE the common room in the middle, that looks like such a cozy place to hang out! Fantastic room design!

Beautiful room design @popettypop2012 ! Love the purple and yellow colour scheme you've picked, very original! The decorations and cluttering are so perfect for a dorm room, gives it so much personality and a great lived in feel. Fantastic room!

Awesome dorm room @ARADEMIS212 ! Love the colours and the clutter you put in here, sooo typical of a dorm room! And great job putting a full bathroom in there! Also love you've added a dj station in there, this room is ready for some serious student partying going down! :) Brilliant dorm room!

And another fantastic dorm room, great job @TinjaNurtle ! Beautiful colours, and I love that you've themed this one for musician students! Also great idea making this a shared bedroom for two students, and perfect use of that particular bed cover (never seen it before, must look for it in game! B) ) Great room design!
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Corwim wrote: »
    Wow, so many awesome student dorm room designs, love it! B)

You're very welcome @Jazztizz , and thank you for following me on the Gallery! :) I'm following you as well, though I haven't had much time to be on there lately, hope to catch up with your latest creations there soon! And I see I can already find one here. ;) Love the bedroom you've built for Tracey, great idea to make her the opposite of Michael! The colours are so vibrant in this room, creating a wonderful atmosphere, and just perfect for any artistic sim. And fantastic that you included artwork picturing Tracey and her boyfriend in the room, gives it such a beautiful touch of personality. Awesome room!

Thanks so much @Corwim =)=)=)

Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Entry Form
    Gallery name of room : Contemporary Dorm Bedroom
    Origin id : Corwim

I had sooooo much fun designing this room this week! :) Really makes me miss the university expansions in Sims 2 & 3, really hoping it is one still coming to Sims 4. I must admit though that I didn't follow the description of the challenge closely, as ideas for my student room kept coming! I imagined Michael as an ambitious guy who may have started his university time in an affordable dorm room, but has worked his way up and is now the leader of a fraternity and as its president, is now living in the fanciest room in the frathouse. :) Michael is also a college jock and big on sports, so I wanted to integrate some sort of sporting equipment in his room. The basketball ring took up too much space to function properly, so I settled on the boxing bag which proved difficult enough to integrate on its own (long live MOO and a looooot of playtesting lolz :D ). Because of that, I also gave Michael his own shower, since he was going to spend plenty of time working out in his room, and I thought it fitting for the president of the frathouse to have his private shower. Took some testing as well, but found a configuration that didn't give other sims who might be in the room the embarrassed emotion when he was taking a shower after a boxing work out. Originally I wanted to use the classic red brick as wall covering, but I couldn't find a proper wallpaper to combine with that to give the correct atmosphere I wanted to create for the room, so I switched to a white/grey/black colour scheme for the wall covering and most of the furnishings to give the room a stylish, modern look, and let most of the pops of colour come from the art work in the room. First time I experimented with using photographs of my sims in decorations, and still have plenty to learn about lighting in those, but remembering from my own student days, all the pictures of my friends and me I hung up were far from being art as well, they were more about the memories of sharing great times together. :)

Aaaanyway, down to the room itself: ;)

Pictures of the room :smile:

Overview:
    ContemporaryDorm1_zpshld1uu4w.jpg

First up is the bed nook. I placed the bed close to the window, thought it would be nice to have the sun coming in when your sim is waking up. :) Also imagined Michael to be a big action movie and comic book fan, so used the artwork of Guardians of the Galaxy to place between each of the windows to give the room a bit more colour. The other art work, more sedated in colour, I thought fit with what you find in student rooms (bikers, action heroes and muscled guys as an ideal for a athletic sim to strive for :) ):
    ContemporaryDorm3_zpsirff1lq9.jpg

Up next is Michael's work out space, with the boxing bag and his private shower behind a raised wall. As his shower was here, I also placed his dresser in this part of the room. As decorations I used the framed sports jerseys, imagining these belonged to the sports teams Michael was on and with which he had won a few championships:
    ContemporaryDorm4_zpsv6mzbnxq.jpg

His shower nook:
    ContemporaryDorm10_zpsiiuvhedq.jpg

By the entry to the room is Michael's tv nook. Here he decorated the wall with pictures of his friends and him hanging out and partying at the nightclub they frequent (which is my WIP bikers dive bar/restaurant ;) ). There's also a stereo here, as the perfect hangout place for Michael and his friends to meet before heading out and already get the party started in here. :D I also placed the book case facing this direction, so that sims reading a book will head for the comfy seats here, and not sit at the desk or the bed to read.
    ContemporaryDorm5_zpsyy8ydcea.jpg

And finally in the other corner by the windows is Michael's study nook. He has his desk and computer here, plus his note board on the wall for his class schedule and what not. Plus, there's also a coffee maker here and a fruit bowl to keep up his strength during long evening study sessions. ;)
    ContemporaryDorm6_zpsgppwetgn.jpg

Got a few more pictures of Michael testing out his room and of the artwork in his room under the following spoiler here: :)
    Some close ups of the art work Michael has put in his room:

First up are the photographs. Some of these were taken by Michael together with his friends as selfies, the bigger ones were made by my sim Sam Gladstone who has a maxed out photography skill:
    ContemporaryDorm7_zpsfywthcyg.jpg

The Guardians of the Galaxy paintings series:
    ContemporaryDorm8_zps77nvla59.jpg

The other paintings in the room, coming from various series of paintings my sim Sam made these past few months (bikers, tattooed guys, the tv show Arrow and actor Jake Gyllenhaal):
    ContemporaryDorm9_zpspqnamr8v.jpg

Here's Michael trying out the boxing bag:
    ContemporaryDorm12_zpsdraeervn.jpg

Reading a book in his cozy tv nook:
    ContemporaryDorm16_zpstlzlkkso.jpg

Hanging out with a fellow frathouse friend, watching tv and having a laugh:
    ContemporaryDorm13_zpsamwyylde.jpg

Turning up the stereo and warming up their dance moves before heading out to a party:
    ContemporaryDorm15_zpsdqdjwhnj.jpg

Come exam time, it's time to get down to some serious studying (and not touch that nectar ;) )
    ContemporaryDorm14_zpspmawn4lx.jpg

Luckily there's a coffee maker here to get through those all nighter study cramming sessions: B)
    ContemporaryDorm17_zpsi8mgpnqt.jpg
    Post edited by Corwim on
  • Options
    @Corwim What a gorgeous room! Love the colours and the way you placed the clutter. It makes it feel so lived-in. Michael should be so lucky to stay there. And thank you so much for your kind comments to everyone's room every week. I really appreciate how you look through every room and took the time to write about each of them.
  • Options
    Contemporary Dorm Bedroom is such a very nice room for Michael! @Corwim :) It was great reading the background details that created for Michael! The layout and furnishing of the room looks so very nice! Very nice grey, white and black colour scheme of the room! The pictures that your sim has painted and taken adds such a special touch to the room! Very nice bed area. The bedhead wall pattern there looks nice. The blue floor rugs look great placed either sides of the bed. The tissues are a homely touch on the bedside table. It looks great the way you alternated the Guardians of the Galaxy pictures between the windows!
    Very nice study desk nook corner! He will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer and being in contact with Tracey. It is nice that the yin yang floor rug is under the desk. He will enjoy having a cup of coffee whilst doing this studies, and eating some fruit from the fruit bowl to keep his energy levels up when studying. The drinks display shelves item and mug set look great there. It is great that there is a notice board to keep track of activities and study work dates. The books look great on the computer table.
    The workout and shower nook area looks great! The grey brick wall texture looks nice there, and it is special touch that he has had his championship shirts framed and he has proudly placed them on the wall! He will enjoy training using the punching bag . It is good that there is a shower there to use after training The folded clothes look great on the drawers.
    Very nice armchairs sitting nook relaxation corner! The pictures of your sims look so very, very great on the wall! It is such a very nice and homely idea! He will enjoy relaxing there when taking a break from studying, and enjoy watching tv or reading a book. The shoes rack looks homely. The sports eauipment on the floor and the basket ball on the bookcase look great there! He will enjoy listening to or dancing to the radio music!
    The plants are nice touches of green and nature through the room.
    It is such a very nice modern, sports themed and stylish dorm room for Michael to enjoy living in! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited March 2017
    @WrathofCath i love your dorm room...but i have to laugh because the two chairs you have next to each other look like a push up bra. every-time i look at the picture that is what comes to mind. but the layout is so cute. :)

@WILDFLOWER1971 and @AIRIS6962, DOH! :s Thanks guys, now that's all I see, every time I look at that picture. :p Ah well, nothing I can do about it now, haha! :D

@AIRIS6962, Awesome room for Michael! Love that you used the grunge floor and fridge. Perfect for a Uni student. The red and black look cool together. :smile: Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you... I hope it feels better soon. :smile:

@Ainsleyf, Love the yellows and bright colored rug for Tracey's room! The cluttered walls and bureau totally look like a real dorm room would. Love the desk nook! :smile:

@misscbong, Such a pretty room for Tracey! Love the bunk bed and the colors look gorgeous together. :smile:

@The_Dismal_Scientist, Cool room for Michael! Love the half wall separating the bed, the *dings* in the wall and the contraband of course, haha! At first I thought Mr. Cuddles was an imaginary friend/pet lol, but to my horror and great fear... it's a spider?! I would SO, not be able to sleep there if he wasn't in his web. :cold_sweat:

@WILDFLOWER1971, Tracey and her companions did a fabulous job, decorating their rooms! Love the common room and it's decor. I noticed you used those chairs but had the good sense to separate them, haha! :p:D

@popettypop2012, Such a gorgeous room for Tracey! Love the color combo and decor you chose. The rug looks perfect in there and I Love that tiger-ish chair! I always forget to use that chair and I Really Love it! :smile:

@ARADEMIS212, Cool room for Michael! Love the blue walls with the wood flooring. So cool that he has the DJ booth! Now his room will be THE place to party. B)

@TinjaNurtle, (love that name) Awesome room for Michael! It has such an authentic feel and I really love the splashes of orange. The DJ booth and graffiti look so cool and I really love that bath. :)

@Corwim, Whoa! I want Michael's room for myself, haha! :p Love all the thought you put into setting the room up. The different areas work really well together and I love the neutral tones with the pops of teal and blue. Your (Sam's) paintings and photo wall look fabulous! I've only tried taking photos of stuff a few times and can't seem to get them to work out the way I planned. I should probably keep working at it...

As for the snowstorm, it'll be hitting us first thing tomorrow morning through the following day. They're saying between 16-24 inches for snow amounts. Sigh. I can't wait for Spring. But you're right... it's a wonderful excuse to laze around playing Sims ALL day, hehe! :D
    Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    Hello @WrathofCath :). I will keep you in my thoughts with the snowstorm. I hope that you are able to keep safe and warm over the new couple of days. I hope that the storm doesn't caused power outages, or that power is restored as soon as possible.
    Sending a hug. <3
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Wow, all of these rooms are so amazing. I'm very impressed!!
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you Rose! <3 They've upgraded the storm to a blizzard now but thankfully my whole family is home for the day, so no worries for me there. :smile: We're fortunate enough to have a generator, should we lose power but that won't help if cable goes down. I'll still lose the internet but at least I can still play Sims, if it comes to that. :p
  • Options
    Thank you so much @popettypop2012 for your lovely comment! :)

Thank you @rosemow for your detailed review, it never fails to put a smile on my face reading your posts. :)

Thank you so much @WrathofCath ! Hehe, wouldn't have minded all the luxuries I put in my room at college either. ;) Hope the blizzard will be alright, but in any case: lock the doors, draw the blinds and fire up Sims 4 for a long, snowstorm-forgetting play session. B)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your kind comment, @WrathofCath

I hope everything is fine with the snow and everything. There is no snow where I live so I can only imagine what you guys are feeling.
  • Options
    Hello everyone :) The "bedroom for a new uni student " room challenge has now finished! It was such a very nice variety of different university rooms! Each of them is uniquely different and special bedrooms for Tracey and Michael! Thankyou so very much for designing these rooms for them!
    I will post the new challenge in the next post and on the first page of this thread. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    :) CURRENT CHALLENGE :)

:) ONE HUNDRED AND THIRD CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week is : a seasonal bathroom.
    Jennifer enjoys the changing seasons. Each new season brings new enjoyable activities for her to do! She likes the variations in temperatures, which means that she can wear new different outfits at different times of the year! She has decided that she will furnish her bathroom to reflect the season which is taking place at that time throughout the year! Could you please choose a season and design a bathroom based on that season? It doesn't have to be the season that is currently the one where you are living.
    Jennifer will like her new season themed bathrooms!

Just a little reminder, it needs to be uploaded as a room not a lot.

Pools don't upload in rooms.

Please use the hashtag
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme with your entry

The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 21st March 9pm PT

ENTRIES :
    Spring is in the air (WILDFLOWER1971)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15622953/#Comment_15622953
    Victorian Summerflower (jhgkjhgkjh)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15623306/#Comment_15623306
    Summer Roses Bathroom (Corwim)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15623788/#Comment_15623788
    Hot Summers Night Bathrm (Jazztizz)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15623991/#Comment_15623991
    Winter Palace Bath (Ainsleyf)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15624992/#Comment_15624992
    Earthy Autumn Bath (popettypop2012)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15625172/#Comment_15625172
    Winter Night (zathyra)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15626384/#Comment_15626384
    Shabby chic spring bath (TinjaNurtle)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15628043/#Comment_15628043
    Ice Blue Winter Bath (Laebeth)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15628399/#Comment_15628399
    Spring Blossoms (WrathofCath)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15629206/#Comment_15629206
    Summer Seabreeze Bathroom (Illusie)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15629469/#Comment_15629469
    Spring Glade Bathroom (Illusie)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15629609/#Comment_15629609
    Warm Autumn Bathroon (Illusie)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15629918/#Comment_15629918
    Washing Bathroom Snowflakes (Illusie)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15629921/#Comment_15629921
    Green Bathroom (lotlot80)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15632536/#Comment_15632536
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Corwim wrote: »
    Entry Form
    Gallery name of room : Contemporary Dorm Bedroom
    Origin id : Corwim

I had sooooo much fun designing this room this week! :) Really makes me miss the university expansions in Sims 2 & 3, really hoping it is one still coming to Sims 4. I must admit though that I didn't follow the description of the challenge closely, as ideas for my student room kept coming! I imagined Michael as an ambitious guy who may have started his university time in an affordable dorm room, but has worked his way up and is now the leader of a fraternity and as its president, is now living in the fanciest room in the frathouse. :) Michael is also a college jock and big on sports, so I wanted to integrate some sort of sporting equipment in his room. The basketball ring took up too much space to function properly, so I settled on the boxing bag which proved difficult enough to integrate on its own (long live MOO and a looooot of playtesting lolz :D ). Because of that, I also gave Michael his own shower, since he was going to spend plenty of time working out in his room, and I thought it fitting for the president of the frathouse to have his private shower. Took some testing as well, but found a configuration that didn't give other sims who might be in the room the embarrassed emotion when he was taking a shower after a boxing work out. Originally I wanted to use the classic red brick as wall covering, but I couldn't find a proper wallpaper to combine with that to give the correct atmosphere I wanted to create for the room, so I switched to a white/grey/black colour scheme for the wall covering and most of the furnishings to give the room a stylish, modern look, and let most of the pops of colour come from the art work in the room. First time I experimented with using photographs of my sims in decorations, and still have plenty to learn about lighting in those, but remembering from my own student days, all the pictures of my friends and me I hung up were far from being art as well, they were more about the memories of sharing great times together. :)

Aaaanyway, down to the room itself: ;)

Pictures of the room :smile:

Overview:
    ContemporaryDorm1_zpshld1uu4w.jpg

First up is the bed nook. I placed the bed close to the window, thought it would be nice to have the sun coming in when your sim is waking up. :) Also imagined Michael to be a big action movie and comic book fan, so used the artwork of Guardians of the Galaxy to place between each of the windows to give the room a bit more colour. The other art work, more sedated in colour, I thought fit with what you find in student rooms (bikers, action heroes and muscled guys as an ideal for a athletic sim to strive for :) ):
    ContemporaryDorm3_zpsirff1lq9.jpg

Up next is Michael's work out space, with the boxing bag and his private shower behind a raised wall. As his shower was here, I also placed his dresser in this part of the room. As decorations I used the framed sports jerseys, imagining these belonged to the sports teams Michael was on and with which he had won a few championships:
    ContemporaryDorm4_zpsv6mzbnxq.jpg

His shower nook:
    ContemporaryDorm10_zpsiiuvhedq.jpg

By the entry to the room is Michael's tv nook. Here he decorated the wall with pictures of his friends and him hanging out and partying at the nightclub they frequent (which is my WIP bikers dive bar/restaurant ;) ). There's also a stereo here, as the perfect hangout place for Michael and his friends to meet before heading out and already get the party started in here. :D I also placed the book case facing this direction, so that sims reading a book will head for the comfy seats here, and not sit at the desk or the bed to read.
    ContemporaryDorm5_zpsyy8ydcea.jpg

And finally in the other corner by the windows is Michael's study nook. He has his desk and computer here, plus his note board on the wall for his class schedule and what not. Plus, there's also a coffee maker here and a fruit bowl to keep up his strength during long evening study sessions. ;)
    ContemporaryDorm6_zpsgppwetgn.jpg

Got a few more pictures of Michael testing out his room and of the artwork in his room under the following spoiler here: :)
    Some close ups of the art work Michael has put in his room:

First up are the photographs. Some of these were taken by Michael together with his friends as selfies, the bigger ones were made by my sim Sam Gladstone who has a maxed out photography skill:
    ContemporaryDorm7_zpsfywthcyg.jpg

The Guardians of the Galaxy paintings series:
    ContemporaryDorm8_zps77nvla59.jpg

The other paintings in the room, coming from various series of paintings my sim Sam made these past few months (bikers, tattooed guys, the tv show Arrow and actor Jake Gyllenhaal):
    ContemporaryDorm9_zpspqnamr8v.jpg

Here's Michael trying out the boxing bag:
    ContemporaryDorm12_zpsdraeervn.jpg

Reading a book in his cozy tv nook:
    ContemporaryDorm16_zpstlzlkkso.jpg

Hanging out with a fellow frathouse friend, watching tv and having a laugh:
    ContemporaryDorm13_zpsamwyylde.jpg

Turning up the stereo and warming up their dance moves before heading out to a party:
    ContemporaryDorm15_zpsdqdjwhnj.jpg

Come exam time, it's time to get down to some serious studying (and not touch that nectar ;) )
    ContemporaryDorm14_zpspmawn4lx.jpg

Luckily there's a coffee maker here to get through those all nighter study cramming sessions: B)
    ContemporaryDorm17_zpsi8mgpnqt.jpg

very nice room :smiley:

I love the wall décor, and the sims snap shots look really great :smiley: . I forget how well sims do look in this game.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Congratulations on A College Dormitory being favourited by Maxis ! @AIRIS6962 :) That is exciting!

YAY! Thank you very much, dear Rose! <3
    Happy dance! :smiley:

Thank you very much everyone for your nice comments and well wishes to me <3
    Many and wonderful rooms this week here! Thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    Congratulations @Airis6962 Your room is so pretty and totally deserve the Maxis Fav:)
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,451 Member
    Just popped by to say hello dear Rose and congratulations for 100 + challenges. I love to see the wonderful rooms that this challenge inspires.
    Hugs Folly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top