Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2017
    Shabby chic spring bath is a very nice Springtime bathroom! @TinjaNurtle :) Very nice green colour scheme of the room! It looks very restful , natural and nice. The butterflies and grass wall pattern looks very nice and suits the room theme well! The green and red floor rug is a nice touch in the room. Very nice bath tub area. The butterflies on the wall are so very pretty for sims to see when bathing there! The cabinet in the corner nook looks great. The hanging robe on the wall, the towels rack, the wall towels and the towels on the table are nice homely touches in the room. The sunflowers are a sunny sight for sims to see when in the room. It is a touch of Springtime sunshine in the room! Sims will enjoy the nice aroma of incense filling the room. It is great that there are double sinks in the room. Sims will enjoy checking their appearance in the mirrors at the sink counter.
    The shabby chic furnishing of the room for Springtime looks so nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A seasonal bathroom
    Gallery name of room : Ice Blue Winter Bath
    Origin id : Ninnster

So being completely new to the forum, this is my first ever entry into this challenge. (Hence why I am not yet a member). If I have somehow managed to post this in the wrong place, please let me know (and forgive me), so that I can try and post it correct. I have tried to follow the guidelines Rosemow put up, but being new to the forum, I am kind of a fish on land here.

I have noticed the hashtag for this challenge quite a few times, and this week I decided to look it up, and found this thread. I love building, although it is something rather new to me. And that is despite playing sims since the first ever game. I decided to enter the challenge to, well, challenge myself, and because this weeks theme is one that I had a clear vision for.

I am from Norway so I come from a country of long winters and cold weather. I was also born in February. Winter has always been my favorite season. I don't like the cold, but I love how everything, even the oldest and most run down of neighborhoods, looks so beautiful when coated in pristine white snow.

That's why I entered this challenge, and that's why the season I chose for Jennifer's bathroom is winter.

(Since I can't post links and images yet, I have 'broken' the link. See http.)

[img]h.tt.p://i.imgur.com/nclhsZm.png[/img]

[img]h.tt.p://i.imgur.com/z3fT3RP.png[/img]

[img]h.tt.p://i.imgur.com/KU1FswP.png[/img]

[img]h.tt.p://i.imgur.com/efeEhHD.png[/img]

[img]h.tt.p://i.imgur.com/nc5idxQ.png[/img]

[img]h.tt.p://i.imgur.com/Y8UgzHR.png[/img]

[img]h.tt.p://i.imgur.com/QjywhXw.png[/img]
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Laebeth wrote: »
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A seasonal bathroom
    Gallery name of room : Ice Blue Winter Bath
    Origin id : Ninnster

So being completely new to the forum, this is my first ever entry into this challenge. (Hence why I am not yet a member). If I have somehow managed to post this in the wrong place, please let me know (and forgive me), so that I can try and post it correct. I have tried to follow the guidelines Rosemow put up, but being new to the forum, I am kind of a fish on land here.

I have noticed the hashtag for this challenge quite a few times, and this week I decided to look it up, and found this thread. I love building, although it is something rather new to me. And that is despite playing sims since the first ever game. I decided to enter the challenge to, well, challenge myself, and because this weeks theme is one that I had a clear vision for.

I am from Norway so I come from a country of long winters and cold weather. I was also born in February. Winter has always been my favorite season. I don't like the cold, but I love how everything, even the oldest and most run down of neighborhoods, looks so beautiful when coated in pristine white snow.

That's why I entered this challenge, and that's why the season I chose for Jennifer's bathroom is winter.

(Since I can't post links and images yet, I have 'broken' the link. See http.)

nclhsZm.png

z3fT3RP.png

KU1FswP.png

efeEhHD.png

nc5idxQ.png

Y8UgzHR.png

QjywhXw.png

• Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello everyone you all are doing such a great job on this challenge i love your rooms they are just gorgeous. My sims would love to have anyone of these rooms in their home. They are so creative, Pretty and so inspiring for each season you choose. Thank you all for your thoughtful comments for my room and encouragement. @Corwim @Laebeth @TinjaNurtle @Jazztizz @zathyra @Ainsleyf @jhgkjhgkjh @popettypop2012 @rosemow
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    Hello @Laebeth :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is great that you have joined us on the thread!
    It is so special that you have designed and furnished a room for this week's challenge! Thankyou very much! :)
    Ice Blue Winter Bath is such a very nice Wintertime bathroom! :) It was great reading the background details behind the build, why you chose the season and that you live in Norway which is reflected in you choosing to design your winter bathroom.
    The layout and furnishing of the room looks so very nice! Very nice calming and restful colourful scheme of the room! The colours capture well the Winter seasonal colours. The nook areas in the room look great! The patterned floor tiling looks very nice! Itbadds such a nice feel to the room! The snowflake patterns on the tiling look great! Very nice shower and toilet nook. The white flowers on the counter and the scenic wintery mountain wall picture are very nice and pretty touches for sims to see after getting out of the shower. It looks nice how you have separated off the toilet area for privacy. The design of the sink counter nook looks so great! It is nice thst there are double sinks there, and a mirror at each sink. The shelving nook between the sinks looks so very creative! The flowers, towels and beauty products are nice touches on the shelves. The towels look nice placed on the side walls of the nook. Very nice windows bath tub alcove! Sims will enjoy restfully bathing there with sunshine coming in through the windows. The hanging robes are nice homely touches on the nook wall. It looks great how they have been placed at the different levels. Nice ottoman seating area in the middle of the room, for sims to enjoy having a sit and rest. The hanging white ceiling light looks so very nice!
    The design and furnishing of the room is so very nice! It reflects Wintertime very well! Thankyou again for entering this week's challlenge and I will look forward to you entering future weeks challenges also :)
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @TinjaNurtle absolutely lovely bath. The pale colors with the bold floor look great! @Laebeth, it's beautiful. You did an amazing job. I am always so impressed with everyone's creativity. Great rooms, everyone.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow for keeping this challenge going. I hope the fact that new members like me are still joining the challenge will inspire you to continue hosting it. Thank you for doing this for us :)

I also have to thank you for your in depth and very kind review. It is highly appreciated.

I will definitely be keeping my eye out for new challenges. You might very well see me again next week, if inspiration comes to me!

Thank you for the kind words @Ainsleyf :) I very much appreciate your positive comments, especially since this is my first time posting an entry. I loved your winter bathroom by the way! The trees were so beautiful. I loved loved loved the use of the lighted trees. I considered using them myself after seeing your creation, but decided it would not fit in with the overall vision I had for mine. Maybe some other time. You did truly inspire me though! :)

Thank you @WILDFLOWER1971 I agree that this challenge inspire some amazing rooms! I have yet to find one I do not like :p I tend to prefer a clean and simple design, hence why my rooms can be somewhat minimalistic, but your spring bathroom was just perfect. I personally loved the colors, and it didn't feel overcrowded. It felt warm, homely, and lived in. It gave me a good feeling :)

I must add, all the rooms I have seen posted for the challenge so far are amazing. Forgive me for not having mentioned all of you creators so far. I only joined the forum today so I am still not caught up yet. It is inspirational to see the different styles, colors and layouts of these rooms. Some are extravagant, some more understated, but all wonderful in their own way :)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much for your kind comments, @Corwim @Ainsleyf and @jhgkjhgkjh :( I really appreciate it.

Congratulations @jazztizz for the Maxis Fav! Very beautiful room. And thank you for your kind comment on my room.
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    @Laebeth welcome to the forums and this thread. I really like your first room! Very cool.

@TinjaNurtle (I totally read your name the other way -- there are a lot of variations of that on here. =) Really cute bathroom!

@Corwim well it took a few days but I finally finished "Verdant." I won't post pix here since this is Rose's room thread. But if you go to my Origin profile you'll see it. I mentioned you and your fantastic no-cc Arrow painting of course. Thanks for the inspiration. =)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options

@Jazztizz "Very cool".... I see what you did there. haha! Cool as winter :p

Seriously though, thank you. It's very encouraging to get such nice feedback from you and the other building veterans in this thread (and yes, to me you are all veterans!)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on your Maxis Faves @AIRIS6962 and @Jazztizz! :star::star::star:

Thank you so much @rosemow, @Corwim, @Jazztizz and @Ainsleyf! :)

Gorgeous Spring bath @WILDFLOWER1971! Love the pretty colors and the gorgeous flowers behind the tub. :)

Such a Lovely Summer bath @jhgkjhgkjh! Love the Bohemian flair it has, especially in the little sink nook. :smiley:

Oooh your bath is so romantic and magical @Corwim! Love all the soft pinks mixed with the stone flooring. The alcove for the tub is brilliant and your/Sam's paintings look Fabulous in there. :smile:

Love the rich warm colors for your bath @Jazztizz! So very pretty with just the bits of green from the towels, flowers and stained glass window. :smiley:

Your Winter bath is Stunning @Ainsleyf! Perfect colors and gorgeous decor. I love the effect of the rounded rug and lighted trees. Looks just like it came from the movie, "Frozen". :smile:

Such a Gorgeous and warm Autumn bath @popettypop2012! Love how you separated the tub area from the sinks and shower. So Pretty! :smiley:

Love the navy walls with the white accents, you chose for your Winter bath @zathyra! The ceiling lights, tree light, tree sculpture and snowflakes are all Perfect in there. :smile:

Love your shabby chic Spring bath @TinjaNurtle! The teal flooring and bright rug look fabulous with the soft pastel walls. Love the butterfly lights in there too. :smiley:

Your Winter bath is absolutely Stunning @Laebeth! All the little details are Perfect, from the gorgeous flooring to the window and door choices. I love the layout and the way you separated the toilet area. And the shelf nook between the sinks is Brilliant! I'm afraid to say I'll be *borrowing* that idea from you. :p:smile:

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Challenge 103
    Theme for the week: A seasonal bathroom.
    Gallery name of room: Spring Blossoms
    Origin id: wrathofcath

03-18-17_121511nbspPM_zps3d0vtgmm.png

03-18-17_121806nbspPM_zpss64h4rxy.png

03-18-17_122450nbspPM_zps8yqkijsl.png

03-18-17_122812nbspPM_zps8s5fsao5.png

• Options

Oh! So glad you made an entry as well @WrathofCath :) I have seen a lot of your creations in the gallery, and I love so many of them. I was curious to see what you would do in this challenge! It's absolutely gorgeous! It makes me think of an enchanted forest.

My favorite season is Winter, but Spring follows very closely. Nothing better than seeing green trees and flowers coming through after a long winter. Everything feels so alive! That's what this room makes me think of :)

Oh and thank you so very much for your kind words regarding my Winter bathroom! It warms my heart that someone as talented as you enjoyed my creation :) I am humbled that you want to *borrow* my shelf nook idea. hehe. You are more than welcome to of course!

Thank you @rosemow , you helped a lot in getting me there. Now I am ready for next weeks challenge! haha

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    Beautiful bathroom @WrathofCath ! I love the idea of a fireplace near a bath!! I'd never leave the house! And, thanks for the kind words!
  • Options
    The furnishing and layout of Spring Blosdoms is so very nice ! @WrathofCath :) It is a very nice Springtime bathroom! The colour scheme is very calming, and crestes a restful setting for bathing in. The wall texture looks nice. The bathtub looks nice in the middle of the room. The floral floor rug under the tub and the candles on the tub look very pretty! Very nice windows sitting nook! The flower light trees look nice on either sides of the nook and the greenery over the top of the nook. The grass and flowers looks very nice around the base of the trees! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the pretty pink ottoman with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. Very nice fireplace nook! The Springtime blossoms and flowers look very pretty either sides of the fire! It looks great how you have added pink flowers to the blossoms! The scenic picture on the wall is nice for sims to look at when bathing in the tub. The candles are nice touches on the fireplace ledge. This fire will keep the room warm. The greenery on the ceiling walls is very nice. It looks great how the toilet is angled into the corner nook. The pink wall towel is a nice touch there. The design of the sink nook is very nice! The cabinets look very nice how have been placed there to create the sink nook! The flower is pretty on the sink counter.
    The furnishing of the room is so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2017
    Bathrooms are not my strongest point, but it was fun to give this a try. The other bathrooms are far more pretty than mine, but I wanted to share it anyway.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a seasonal bathroom
    Gallery name of room: Summer Seabreeze Bathroom
    Origin id: illusie

When Jennifer thinks of the summer, she thinks of her childhood when her parents took her to the beach. These memories always make her smile. That is why her summer bathroom has got a beach/sea theme.

Pictures of the room:

03-20-17-5-29-31-pm_orig.png

03-20-17-5-29-58-pm_orig.png

03-20-17-5-31-13-pm_orig.png
  • Options
    @rosemow, what a great theme!

@WILDFLOWER1971 the bright colours and flowers really give the bathroom a spring feeling. Looks great!

@jhgkjhgkjh that is a fun bathroom. I like all the paintings on the wall.

@corwim, just wow! That bathroom iso stunning!

@Jazztizz your bathroom is small but you make great space of the room. I think it looks great.

@Ainsleyf your bathroom looks magical. It looks like it came right out of a fairy tale.

@popettypop2012 the earthy colourscheme works very well. It is a very modern bathroom. Looks very good.

@zathyra I love how the snowflakes and the tree look agains the dark blue of the walls. Very well done.

@TinjaNurtle that is a lovely bathroom. Looks cute.

@Laebeth the bathroom looks very elegant. The "closet" between the sinks is a very nice touch!

@WrathofCath I never thought of putting a fireplace in the bathroom! It is very original and looks great! Your bathroom looks great! I love the trees! From which pack are they?

• Options
    Summer Seabreeze Bathroom is a very nice beach/sea themed room! @illusie :) It reflects Summertime and going to the beach so well! Very nice furnishing of the room! The boat themed wall pattern looks very nice on the nook area walls! The colour scheme of the room is very nice! Very nice sink counter nook! It looks nice how the counters have been placed either sides of the sink, and a mirror on the wall for sims to check their appearance in. The beauty products are nice touches on the counters. The yellow rose is pretty for sims to see whilst they are sitting there at the counter. The towels look great on the wall and under the sink. Very nice bath tub corner nook! It is nice that you have used the triangular bath tub in the room. Sims will enjoy having a relaxing bath there. The toiletries shelf is a nice touch on the wall. The soap container ,the towels on the walls and the towels shelving near the shower are great home touches in the room. The medicine cabinet and the lockers are great to have in the room. The marble flooring gives a very nice look to the room.
    It is a very nice Summery room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    @illusie.. I think it's a very cute bathroom and I like the bright colors against the grey/whites. I also love the look on the little one's face in the shot, like, "Put the camera down, I'm pooping!"
  • Options
    @rosemow thank you for the kind words!

@Ainsleyf Thank you! Lol I hadn't noticed her face yet.
  • Options
    Entry Form

Gallery name of room: Spring Glade Bathroom

03-20-17-7-26-17-pm_orig.png

03-20-17-7-26-02-pm_orig.png

03-20-17-7-26-50-pm_orig.png

• Options
    It is very nice that you have created a Springtime bathroom also @illusie :) Spring Glade Bathroom is so very pretty! Very nice green and pink colour scheme of the room! The flowers in the room areas look so very nice!
    The bath tub nook looks so very nice! The pink flowers and the pink starry string lights are so very pretty for sims to see when having a relaxing bath there. The hanging robes look homely on the wall, ready to use after having the bath. The decorated eggs on the shelf look nice and suit the season very well! The rose and flowers wall decor are nice Springtime touches there. The blossom in the corner nook is nice for sims to see as they enter the room. Very nice design of the sink counter! It looks very nice that there are double sinks and mirrors, and the flowers look very pretty on the wall nook area between the sinks! The plants, Easter eggs, snow globe, toiletries and beauty products are very nice touches on the wall shelf and sink counter. The pink flowers and ballerina statue in the corner nook looks very nice! Very nice shower and toilet nooks! The flower wall decor items, the toiletries shelf next to the shower, and the items on the wall shelf in the toilet nook are very nice touches in the room. It looks great how the half wall separates off the toilet area. The wall texture in the toilet nook looks very nice. Very nice floor tiling in the room.
    It is a very pretty Springtime bathroom ! :) Thankyou very much for creating this very nice seasonal bathroom :)
  • Options
    @rosemow thank you!
    I think this theme is inspiring. I'm tempted to make a winter and autumn bathroom as well. I think autumn would be the most challeging one.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    When I saw the result of my bathroom I was surprised, because this is not my style. I usually go for a lighter colour scheme. I do like how it turned out.

Gallery name of room: Warm Autumn Bathroom

03-20-17-10-05-58-pm_orig.png

03-20-17-10-06-24-pm_orig.png

03-20-17-10-06-13-pm_orig.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top