Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Use More CC Now?

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I use a ton of CC this time around but I try to stick with maxis match. The only time it isn't maxis match is if there is a non mm mesh that was used to make maxis match. I don't like how "realistic" stiff looks in game the clash in styles annoys me beyond reason. Currently I have 4.61 gigs of CC but I plan to go through and clean out what I don't often. As we get more EA stuff I will dwindle down my CC.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Yeah I use cc mostly because I like having many details which plain sims 4 can't do, sorry lol.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I used a lot of cc in sims 3, proud to say I still play vanilla in sims 4. I really don't miss it much.
  • Options
    Gunchap RedGunchap Red Posts: 5 New Member
    I've been using a bunch of CC since I started playing.
  • Options
    Niki110287Niki110287 Posts: 110 Member
    I didn't use cc or mods in 1 but I do in 2, 3 & 4. I have tons and tons of cc & mods for 2 & 3. I even have mods & cc for Sims Medieval. I use a lot for 4 but not nearly as much. I occasionally go on cc binges and download a bunch of stuff to test. I started downloading toddler clothes and hairs recently. I can't stop playing with the little monsters.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I always use moar CC!!
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    No. I was addicted to downloading cc. I now have a little less than 1gb of cc. Which isn't much. Now I only download build/buy mode items & stuff for toddlers on Tumblr. I try to use vanilla items first. I only use cc when there isn't any other option. I guess I'm tired of having to fix stuff that is broken by game updates and patches.
  • Options
    pupshadow22pupshadow22 Posts: 43 Member
    How can you say no to free content? For sure lag from CC has always worried me, and binge downloading CC definitely feels "unhealthy". But I don't play The Sims to make responsible decisions.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Actually, less. I downloaded tons of CC for Sims 2 and Sims 3. It was so bad with Sims 3 I think I spent more time downloading CC than playing the game. I started out doing the same thing with Sims 4 and I realized how much I didn't want to do that. I already don't get a lot of time to play with work. Now I don't download much at all. When I do, it's usually Maxis Match. It's so freeing to not feel the need to have all the CC.
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I used to have about 1.7gb of cc and mods but I took it all out after the December patch when I had some issues with bad cc and just couldn't be bothered to sift through the whole thing. Only kept MCCC because I can't play the way I like without that mod. Took a while to get used to the Maxis stuff, but with the stuff from CL, VG and Vampires, I've been having fun without cc.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2017
    I didn't use it in The Sims 1, but thats probably because I was 11 and had no idea what that was.
    The Sims 2 is when I found out about it, I think I mostly used CC hair and make up.
    The Sims 3 was bogged down with CC in my game lol
    I have no complaints with any of the content that comes with The Sims 4 and just feel no need for CC. I do have a little bit. I especially enjoy Kijiko's 3D eyelashes, and I have a bit of CC make up. I think I prefer Maxis Match, though my CC doesn't all fit that description.

For my Victorian Story I am of course using CC for clothing, but I keep it all in one folder so when I am not playing with that save I remove the folder.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    How can you say no to free content? For sure lag from CC has always worried me, and binge downloading CC definitely feels "unhealthy". But I don't play The Sims to make responsible decisions.

Best response ever! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Definitely cc. Recently switched from alpha to mm. Objects are my biggest weakness but I have plenty of cas too. 7gb in total, but with the pc to handle it. I knew when I got sims 4 that I will not be able to play without cc so i future proofed.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm not a CC addict. Played Sims 3 vanilla for years; I do use it now and it has improved the experience (some of the CC/mods I have should have been in there in the first place imo). For Sims 4 I also have some mods that are important to me. The mod that gets rid of every white outline in there for instance (so also when hoovering) and a few days ago I installed the mod that gets rid of the constant smiling. Unfortunately a lot of shortcomings the game has for me aren't fixable with mods. My Sims 3 and Sims 4 mod folders are about equally full I think (which is quite empty in comparison to a lot of simmers I think ;)).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I use a lot of cas cc because I feel like there isn't enough in the game for me already lol. I have at least 3gb worth of cc :joy: and I sometimes use cc for build/buy but not all the time, its more just cas.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    I've used custom content in all of the Sims games that I own (minus the original series as I've never actually owned or played it) and it certainly has been a bit of a roller-coaster. I remember when I first discovered custom content for the Sims 3 via the exchange and it was a disaster. I'm literally lost without custom content in my games now that I've learned how to weed out the not-so-good buggy stuff though, and personally I favour the Maxis match content because I felt it was sort of awkward having this dolled-up, "realistic" looking sim among all of the townies I've never bothered to actually tweak unless they move in and marry my sim or something. I don't know what your preference for custom content is but I can definitely recommend some specific Simblrs, although I find that just searching the "ts4cc" tag or something along those lines can get you some fantastic creations as well. I was a bit wary about downloading from Tumblr at first but there are so many talented creators there and it's totally safe (this is a personal worry that put me off using Tumblr to search for content after an incident I had with a dodgy site since, as I've mentioned, I used to just use the exchange). I agree with one of the previous posters; I never used to understand why custom content was a big deal but when I found a few things that I thought looked nice and downloaded them, I found that it made a huge difference and I also could not see myself going back to vanilla.

Some recommendations for Simblr creators I'll give you are beocreations (they make the most beautiful wedding and formal dresses), madlensims (my go-to for heels, flats and just about any other style of shoe you can think of), maccosimetics (I'm not sure what happened to their actual blog but they do have a separate site now, they make such amazing branded makeup for the Sims 4 such as Mac, Jeffree Star, Kylie Cosmetics and so on), mxims (I think they might be on hiatus at the moment but they make brilliant minimalist and Scandinavian style furniture, as well as a few bits and pieces of both decor and functional electronics) and lilsimsiecc (a great custom content finder that I've recently came across, I've discovered so many nice pieces of Maxis match content).

I could probably go on forever and I've most definitely missed out a good few but this is what I could think from the top of my head. I'm not entirely sure if half of them even count as Maxis match but they're good enough for me. I hope this was of some interest to you and anyone else on this thread, although I know it's down to personal preference. :)
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    What is alpha?
    @aricarai Alpha hair is hair that has a more realistic look to it.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »
    What is alpha?
    @aricarai Alpha hair is hair that has a more realistic look to it.

Thanks for the information!
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm a cc addict! I've been using it since Sims 1 days and I remember when I discovered cc. I went crazy downloading; and still do. Sometimes I feel that I download cc more than play my game, lol. (Though, I have over 2,500 hours played.. ive been playing offline because i was lagging and sometimes play offline because i wasnt interested inan event, etc and now I 've been having to play offline for about two weeks now and for the next four months :( ...)

I still download alpha hairstyles, but I make sure to find them in clayified, so it looks closer to the game. I've been getting into more and more Maxis-match CC. BUT still having trouble finding full room sets that are maxis match.

I'm constantly making CAS videos, so my items vary, but I love downloading hair and make-up and shoes. :x.

But I also love clutter (not too much) and plants and finding room sets (like kitchen, etc), but it can be difficult so I have to download by object.

Definitely check over at tumblr. I use S4mm to find hair, clothing, outfits for Maxis-Match. I also use ts4mm.

Sorry, if this has been mentioned). I'm on my phone and haven't gone through all the pages.

I love CC and never had any game problems with it except from patches messing it up or maybe accidentally downloading a Sims 3 file, which is easy to do when you download as much as I do and...things all start looking alike lol.

No, honestly, the preview pictures looked like Sims 4, and I've had a few times were I was like, "That's not Sims 4, it's Sims 3...." the sim looked like Sims 3 but it was in fact 4.

I forgot to mention why I use it. Besides just being completely addicted, it's because I cannot play my game without it.

The reason for that is because I love variety and creating Sims is something I love doing in the game. I can't create anything else though I still try to build, it's nothing great.

So I turn to Sims creating. I'll just be glad when we get more features in CAS to add more personality to them, but for now CC can do that :).

I would like an attraction system, more traits, better trait system, likes/dislikes, favorites, and more.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I totally messed up my computer trying to dl cc for Sims 2 so swore off any cc/mods until the end of Sims 3 when I finally got NRaas mods to fix the mess Sims 3 wound being. :o

But then with Sims4, I'm back to dl'ing cc and mods again. MTS is the only site I get mods from and just recently I've subscribed to TSR to get rid of the ads and use that site for cc...also The Sims 4 Studio by OM is a very good place for cc. I have a few pieces of furniture but most of my cc is CAS, clothes and hair. I feel very proud of myself, less than 600 mb and trying to keep it there. Patches are a nightmare for me, lol.

I have to say, from day 1, I hate the clay hair, hate, hate. Yes, it still looks like a hat or helmet to me. I prefer alpha hair just for that reason. I must say, I think, not sure but I think the most recent packs out have had almost decent looking hair...there's still hope, lol.

I don't care if my sims stand out in a crowd of townies. Like someone else said, unless they are brought into my gameplay or they are despicably dressed, I don't change any townie. (I have been redoing their names...really, EA??)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    By TS4, I don't even play vanilla, like at all. The game was heavily modded, the stories are unique, and I can make the sims wear what I want them to wear. Even my TheSimsMedieval game is modded, (but not clothes), to add some story.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I only used CC in 3, in 4 it takes too much to add it and it seems to be the root of too many problems.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'm the opposite, used lots of CC for the other iterations but not Sims 4.
    I only use Maxis match now, and sparingly at that.
  • Options
    IhascandyIhascandy Posts: 67 Member
    Started using cc more often now, yeah. Recently got into pose packs and I usually spend most my time browsing for them.
    44318e6415ea052bd5b7c38074aad0aa.png
    That's one small step for a sim... one giant leap for simkind...

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i played sims 1 and sims 3 vanilla. don't remember playing sims 2. i just recently started using cc and mods in sims 4.

i've always been afraid that cc would cause problems with the game and lord knows there's already too many problems that occur whenever something new comes out.

i saw some pics with some really awesome hairstyles and clothing. that got me into cc a couple of weeks ago. i figured that playing a vanilla game wasn't preventing me from having to deal with bugs that pop up every time something new comes out anyway, so why not? so far no problems.

i mostly use clothes that come with the game. whenever i can't make an outfit work due to lack of the same color choices (which happens far more often then i like), i resort to cc.

i usually use cc hair when all of the available hairstyles just don't seem right for the sim i'm creating.

i downloaded the MCCC mod, but haven't put it into my game yet. seems pretty complicated with a lot of options to figure out for settings. i'm sure i'll eventually work up the initiative to get that going. probably about the time that something happens in my game that really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off. lol